Entercom Interview Questions

2.5

Part Time On-air Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Entercom.

Had to fill out an online application, but it's very generic. Every time they re-post the position, it says you applied instead of simply allowing you to reapply. Finally was noticed after an employee referral.

No negotiation.

Digital Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Entercom in August 2013.

Took over 8 months and three different rounds of interviews for me to get hired. Due to a massive turnover of employees, I kept having to interview with different people. Interviews were very straightforward and professional. I could get an instant and genuine feel for the company via the interviews I experienced. I was given a tour and got to meet several other employees, which gave me a more thorough sense of the environment and culture so I appreciated that.

Interview Questions
    • How exactly did you raise the SEO of your previous employer?   View Answer
    Despite my attempts to receive more money, the company very adamantly refused. It was very take it or leave it, no negotiating at all.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Entercom in January 2012.

Phone interview, invited in for a 1 on 1 interview. Told I was over-qualified. Met with everyone in the department and enjoyed the overall interview process. Was told I'd hear back and never did.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Entercom in April 2011.

I had several interviews, first with a recruiter, second with the general sales manager, third with the local sales manager, and fourth with the director of sales. Each of them seemed disorganized and unprepared for the interview, it's a wonder they could ever sell their way out of a paper bag. The General manager's desk looked like a bomb had dropped on it - very unprofessional. The director of sales was pleasant, but nothing about the company or organization impressed me.

The compensation plan seemed sketchy to me, and the company didn't seem to be very organized at all.

Digital Art Director/Campaign Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Entercom in February 2010.

Initial communication through a job board, I submitted my resume via email then to their corporate system. I was interviewed by the Digital Sales manager once, then back to speak with the market manager and director of sales. Culture seemed energetic, happy, upbeat. Digital Sales manager projected the future of the department for me, helpful, exciting. I answered questions relating to my knowledge of digital platforms and media. I was given an offer via email and negotiated over the phone. The whole process was very cordial.

Interview Questions
    • I was given an assignment about how I would "Grow the revenue of the Digital Sales department" which was difficult to answer not fully knowing how sales were generated in a day-to-day way.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for a higher salary which resulted in a slight increased base plus performance-based partial bonus option. An honest effort was made to get me in.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Entercom in December 2009.

A friend of mines had interned with 102 Jamz the summer before and recommended me to apply. I sent in an email via their online form stating her name and the person I was trying to reach. Within a couple of days I had an interview for the following week. I interviewed with the Director of Promotions and Marketing, Rugbee. His interview was very casual. It was more so directed towards my personality and what I wanted to learn from the internship. I left feeling good. Within the following week or so Rugbee called me back and offered me the internship position to start when I started the following semester. The interviewing process was smooth and easy!

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my hours. I needed a total of 220 hours to receive 6 credits from my school. Rugbee was able to set my schedule to meet these requirements as well as being able to assist him in the busiest part of the day.

Promotions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Entercom in August 2009.

Everyone starts out as an intern, which is where they test your skills and knowledge. When a position opened up, I was offered it.

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Entercom in April 2009.

The interview process was fairly simple. My resume was passed along to the hiring manager to which I followed up with an email and phone call. I then met with the hiring manager. The role was a sales position and I was interviewing with a sales guy....which meant he spent most of the time "selling me" on how good he was as a sales manager and how much money his reps made. Since this was my first sales job, I think the only real qualification he was looking for was a competitive drive and that "sales person" personality.

After the initial meeting, I was asked to "do something to secure a second meeting." This meant I had to get creative to get a second interview. So, what I did was develop a presentation to show how my experience translates to sales. This got me the second meeting. Next I met with two more, higher up managers. All of the questions were pretty basic and relatively easy.

The final step was me talking to a current sales rep. The rep talked about the company from a different perspective and made it sound like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • The request to do something to secure the second interview was a new twist.   View Answer
    There wasn't much negotiation. The job 100% commission and they start you on a draw for 60 days. In retrospect, this is the part I would have negotiated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Entercom in October 2008.

The process was out of this world inconvenient. I interviewed with three different managers over the course of three months. THREE MONTHS!!! For a sales position, this is ridiculous. Not onl did I have to take time off from work, I had to take time off on four different occasions.

Interview Questions
    • Define a situation in which it was difficult contacting a client.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Entercom in December 2013.

Campus interview. Very long and tiring process. 1st process over phone. 2nd round in office and 3rd round was some1 from US called. Not transparent process. Interview was smooth and easy. Not difficult but they require people with supply chain experience or background.

Interview Questions
    • It was easy and smooth. expected HR questions and some Aptitude tests.   Answer Question
    Since I was a relative fresher, i could not negotiate.