Entergy

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Entergy in May 2014.

I applied online at their website, then I got a phone call from the hiring manager to setup an interview a month later and also ask me some technical questions. At the interview, 3 engineers interviewing me including the hiring manager. They just ask me about typical behavior questions and talk about my experience and resume. They do write down notes while I talk.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Entergy

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruston, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruston, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Entergy.

Spoke to one of the recruiters at a Career Fair at my university. Set up a one-on-one interview to take place in the Career Center at the university on the following day. Lasted roughly 30-45 minutes. This interview was more of an informal conversation rather than a stuffy, formal, or structured questioning. The recruiter was an Engineer representing the Hiring Manager at the time. He began explaining the specifics of the job, as well as his impressions of the people and atmosphere of the office (all positive). The questions were geared mostly toward items on my resume, as well as personal life and interests.

About two weeks later I received a phone call from the same recruiter saying that his manager would like to formally interview me at the location of the prospective job (3 hours away). My gas and hotel expenses would be reimbursed. I agreed.

The day of the interview, I met with the Hiring Manager, a supervisor in her group, as well as the recruiter. She asked some more formal questions, but mostly just wanted to get to know me as a person. They took me to lunch at a nice restaurant, toured me around the facility, and let me sit with some Engineers to see what the day-to-day was like. I accepted the position and scheduled my start date on the spot. It was a great experience!

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because it was a nice offer with a signing bonus. Others may feel the need to negotiate if the starting salary does not meet their expectations. You may want to research the mean salary for that type of position so as to have a base salary in mind.