Entergy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Entergy (White Plains, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter and then approx 4 wks later he called to tell me they were going to fly me in for a panel interview even though we both thought I was overqualified. The panel interview was 1 hr long with 3 people. All the questions were behavioral. The questions were pretty basic, except they started with "tell us about a time when you failed" and then "what did you learn from it?" and then "what would you do differently next time?" I wouldnt have minded the grilling as much if one of them wasnt reading their blackberry during it or if I hadnt already been on the road 12 hrs that day to sit in front of them. There was no rapport building and no selling of the company. It was almost like they had decided I wasnt a fit before I even sat down.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time when you failed....   Answer Question
    • tell us about an example of when you had to work with someone who didnt really like you.....   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Entergy (Jackson, MS) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online at their website, then I got a phone call from the hiring manager to setup an interview a month later and also ask me some technical questions. At the interview, 3 engineers interviewing me including the hiring manager. They just ask me about typical behavior questions and talk about my experience and resume. They do write down notes while I talk.

Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Entergy.

Interview

4 hour long interview Met about 4 directors 45 minutes spent with each Very relaxed

Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Entergy (The Woodlands, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. I had applied online and they got back to me in the next few days. The first interview was a phone interview with one of the managers and took about 30 minutes. It was mostly, if not all, behavioral questions. A few days later they contacted me again to come into the office for another interview. This interview included 5 45-60 minute interviews with four of the managers and the director. You talk with each manager to figure out which division you would fit best in. These interviews were half an in depth discussion of your resume & technical experiences and half behavioral questions. If possible, they like to take the interviewee out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Just be prepared to talk about experience in data analysis and be able to expand on every single detail of your resume.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Entergy (White Plains, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Asked few questions on the phone. That's it. I think the guy made conclusion very fast.

Interview Questions

• How can I relate my skills with the Fin. Analyst position.   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Entergy (White Plains, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

A manager emailed and scheduled for an interview. He asked me how can I relate my expereince with the position I applied for. It was a 10 minutes phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How can you relate your experience with the financial analyst position?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Entergy (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2010.

Interview

My biggest mistake going into this interview was trusting the advice of a school career counselor. I walked in the interview thinking the job involved certain aspects as advised by the career services office. Unfortunately I was misguided, and ended up talking about things that were very much irrelevant. The Entergy employees stopped me and explained that the job was completely different than what I had described as what I was looking for. It didn't work out, but overall they were nice people and I felt comfortable around them.

Interview Questions

• What is it that you are looking for as an employee for our company?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Entergy.

Interview

One interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate for three weeks vacation starting off.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Entergy.

Interview

The interview process went smooth. I was informed of the process and made aware that it was a panel interview. I was able to keep up with my status online as it was updated as the process progressed.

Supervisor Customer Accounts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Entergy (Hammond, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a normal interview. They started off with a presentation about the company, including benefits. The interview panel consisted of 3 individuals. The department manager, a supervisor and a manager from another department.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you discovered something unsafe. How did you handle or respond?   Answer Question