Entergy

2.9

Human Resources Interview

application, interview

Intern Interview

It was a pretty standard intern hiring process.

NONE Interview

No interview was conducted. However, from employees just hired on, the on-boarding process at Entergy is bad. Very un organized.

Interview Questions
    • was asked some questions which may be questionable.   View Answer

Design Engineer I (Nuc) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Entergy.

Asked behavior interview questions. I got through a phone interview, had an in person interview a few weeks later. They asked some of the same questions over the phone and in person.

That was two months ago. They never contacted me again.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you has a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question

Auxiliary Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Entergy.

POSS test and a behavior based interview. I applied in March then was asked to take the POSS test in May. I got a call to come to an interview in June and started working at the end of July.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time where safety was at risk and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    This position is in the bargaining unit so everything is laid out in the union contract.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruston, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruston, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Entergy.

Spoke to one of the recruiters at a Career Fair at my university. Set up a one-on-one interview to take place in the Career Center at the university on the following day. Lasted roughly 30-45 minutes. This interview was more of an informal conversation rather than a stuffy, formal, or structured questioning. The recruiter was an Engineer representing the Hiring Manager at the time. He began explaining the specifics of the job, as well as his impressions of the people and atmosphere of the office (all positive). The questions were geared mostly toward items on my resume, as well as personal life and interests.

About two weeks later I received a phone call from the same recruiter saying that his manager would like to formally interview me at the location of the prospective job (3 hours away). My gas and hotel expenses would be reimbursed. I agreed.

The day of the interview, I met with the Hiring Manager, a supervisor in her group, as well as the recruiter. She asked some more formal questions, but mostly just wanted to get to know me as a person. They took me to lunch at a nice restaurant, toured me around the facility, and let me sit with some Engineers to see what the day-to-day was like. I accepted the position and scheduled my start date on the spot. It was a great experience!

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because it was a nice offer with a signing bonus. Others may feel the need to negotiate if the starting salary does not meet their expectations. You may want to research the mean salary for that type of position so as to have a base salary in mind.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Entergy in April 2010.

The interview consisted of ~5 separate interviews and a lunch with four other recent employees. The work culture is excellent in my opinion. The managers who interviewed me had a firm grasp of the industry and gave me their own perspectives of the future in this area. This interview was entirely behavioral. Best way to prepare is to:
    1. List all interesting experiences.
    2. Think of how you can use these experiences to answer behavioral questions.
    3. List all technical projects and include technical jargon and mention any theory you know related to the topic at hand.

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Entergy in April 2010.

A manager emailed and scheduled for an interview.

He asked me how can I relate my expereince with the position I applied for. It was a 10 minutes phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • How can you relate your experience with the financial analyst position?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Entergy in May 2010.

My biggest mistake going into this interview was trusting the advice of a school career counselor. I walked in the interview thinking the job involved certain aspects as advised by the career services office. Unfortunately I was misguided, and ended up talking about things that were very much irrelevant. The Entergy employees stopped me and explained that the job was completely different than what I had described as what I was looking for. It didn't work out, but overall they were nice people and I felt comfortable around them.

Interview Questions
    • What is it that you are looking for as an employee for our company?   View Answer

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Entergy in April 2010.

Asked few questions on the phone. That's it. I think the guy made conclusion very fast.

Interview Questions
    • How can I relate my skills with the Fin. Analyst position.   Answer Question