Entergy

Interview Question – Typical Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Entergy

Interview Details – It was a pretty standard intern hiring process.

Interview Question – Standard interview.   Answer Question

NONE Interview

NONE

Interviewed at Entergy

Interview Details – No interview was conducted. However, from employees just hired on, the on-boarding process at Entergy is bad. Very un organized.

Interview Question – was asked some questions which may be questionable.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Auxiliary Operator Interview

Auxiliary Operator

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Entergy.

Interview Details – POSS test and a behavior based interview. I applied in March then was asked to take the POSS test in May. I got a call to come to an interview in June and started working at the end of July.

Interview Question – Tell us a time where safety was at risk and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This position is in the bargaining unit so everything is laid out in the union contract.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Ruston, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Entergy.

Interview Details – Spoke to one of the recruiters at a Career Fair at my university. Set up a one-on-one interview to take place in the Career Center at the university on the following day. Lasted roughly 30-45 minutes. This interview was more of an informal conversation rather than a stuffy, formal, or structured questioning. The recruiter was an Engineer representing the Hiring Manager at the time. He began explaining the specifics of the job, as well as his impressions of the people and atmosphere of the office (all positive). The questions were geared mostly toward items on my resume, as well as personal life and interests.

About two weeks later I received a phone call from the same recruiter saying that his manager would like to formally interview me at the location of the prospective job (3 hours away). My gas and hotel expenses would be reimbursed. I agreed.

The day of the interview, I met with the Hiring Manager, a supervisor in her group, as well as the recruiter. She asked some more formal questions, but mostly just wanted to get to know me as a person. They took me to lunch at a nice restaurant, toured me around the facility, and let me sit with some Engineers to see what the day-to-day was like. I accepted the position and scheduled my start date on the spot. It was a great experience!

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions in this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because it was a nice offer with a signing bonus. Others may feel the need to negotiate if the starting salary does not meet their expectations. You may want to research the mean salary for that type of position so as to have a base salary in mind.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Electrical Engineering
The Woodlands, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Entergy in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of ~5 separate interviews and a lunch with four other recent employees. The work culture is excellent in my opinion. The managers who interviewed me had a firm grasp of the industry and gave me their own perspectives of the future in this area. This interview was entirely behavioral. Best way to prepare is to:
1. List all interesting experiences.
2. Think of how you can use these experiences to answer behavioral questions.
3. List all technical projects and include technical jargon and mention any theory you know related to the topic at hand.

Interview Question – Share an experience where you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Benefits Analyst
White Plains, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Entergy in April 2010.

Interview Details – A manager emailed and scheduled for an interview.

He asked me how can I relate my expereince with the position I applied for. It was a 10 minutes phone interview.

Interview Question – How can you relate your experience with the financial analyst position?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Legal
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Entergy in May 2010.

Interview Details – My biggest mistake going into this interview was trusting the advice of a school career counselor. I walked in the interview thinking the job involved certain aspects as advised by the career services office. Unfortunately I was misguided, and ended up talking about things that were very much irrelevant. The Entergy employees stopped me and explained that the job was completely different than what I had described as what I was looking for. It didn't work out, but overall they were nice people and I felt comfortable around them.

Interview Question – What is it that you are looking for as an employee for our company?   View Answer

Financial Analyst II Interview

Financial Analyst II
White Plains, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Entergy in April 2010.

Interview Details – Asked few questions on the phone. That's it. I think the guy made conclusion very fast.

Interview Question – How can I relate my skills with the Fin. Analyst position.   Answer Question

Analyst I Interview

Analyst I

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Entergy.

Interview Details – 4 hour long interview
Met about 4 directors
45 minutes spent with each
Very relaxed

Interview Question – None really   Answer Question

Reason for Declining –

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Entergy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Entergy interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Entergy employees and interview candidates.