Entergy

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews

Financial Analyst III Interview

Financial Analyst III

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Entergy.

Interview Details – One interview

Interview Question – How big on you on safety.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate for three weeks vacation starting off.

NONE Interview

NONE

Interviewed at Entergy

Interview Details – No interview was conducted. However, from employees just hired on, the on-boarding process at Entergy is bad. Very un organized.

Interview Question – was asked some questions which may be questionable.   View Answer

Engineer II/III Interview

Engineer II/III
New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Entergy in January 2014.

Interview Details – Got an email from school that Entergy is hiring and I am qualify so I applied online, 1 week later I got a call from a hiring manager to setup an interview at the plant. Went to the plant at NO, it is smaller than I initially thought, but very cool, they are also building 2 new one too. Talked to a couple of engineer that work there, and then interview by two of them. We just have some casual conversations about what I been doing, my resume, details about the job, try to get to know me. It is not one of those interrogation interview that grill you for no reason. I got a call a month later that I didn't get the job, too bad because I do like the job

Interview Question – What it takes to be a good manager?   Answer Question

Analyst I Interview

Analyst I
The Woodlands, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Entergy in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process took about two weeks. I had applied online and they got back to me in the next few days. The first interview was a phone interview with one of the managers and took about 30 minutes. It was mostly, if not all, behavioral questions. A few days later they contacted me again to come into the office for another interview. This interview included 5 45-60 minute interviews with four of the managers and the director. You talk with each manager to figure out which division you would fit best in. These interviews were half an in depth discussion of your resume & technical experiences and half behavioral questions. If possible, they like to take the interviewee out to lunch.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. Just be prepared to talk about experience in data analysis and be able to expand on every single detail of your resume.   Answer Question

Analyst I Interview

Analyst I

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Entergy.

Interview Details – 4 hour long interview

Reason for Declining –

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Entergy

Interview Details – It was a pretty standard intern hiring process.

Interview Question – Standard interview.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

Interview Details – application, interview

Interview Question – Typical Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Ruston, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Entergy.

Interview Details – Spoke to one of the recruiters at a Career Fair at my university. Set up a one-on-one interview to take place in the Career Center at the university on the following day. Lasted roughly 30-45 minutes. This interview was more of an informal conversation rather than a stuffy, formal, or structured questioning. The recruiter was an Engineer representing the Hiring Manager at the time. He began explaining the specifics of the job, as well as his impressions of the people and atmosphere of the office (all positive). The questions were geared mostly toward items on my resume, as well as personal life and interests.

About two weeks later I received a phone call from the same recruiter saying that his manager would like to formally interview me at the location of the prospective job (3 hours away). My gas and hotel expenses would be reimbursed. I agreed.

The day of the interview, I met with the Hiring Manager, a supervisor in her group, as well as the recruiter. She asked some more formal questions, but mostly just wanted to get to know me as a person. They took me to lunch at a nice restaurant, toured me around the facility, and let me sit with some Engineers to see what the day-to-day was like. I accepted the position and scheduled my start date on the spot. It was a great experience!

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions in this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because it was a nice offer with a signing bonus. Others may feel the need to negotiate if the starting salary does not meet their expectations. You may want to research the mean salary for that type of position so as to have a base salary in mind.

Auxiliary Operator Interview

Auxiliary Operator

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Entergy.

Interview Details – POSS test and a behavior based interview. I applied in March then was asked to take the POSS test in May. I got a call to come to an interview in June and started working at the end of July.

Interview Question – Tell us a time where safety was at risk and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This position is in the bargaining unit so everything is laid out in the union contract.

Legal Interview

Legal
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Entergy in May 2010.

Interview Details – My biggest mistake going into this interview was trusting the advice of a school career counselor. I walked in the interview thinking the job involved certain aspects as advised by the career services office. Unfortunately I was misguided, and ended up talking about things that were very much irrelevant. The Entergy employees stopped me and explained that the job was completely different than what I had described as what I was looking for. It didn't work out, but overall they were nice people and I felt comfortable around them.

Interview Question – What is it that you are looking for as an employee for our company?   View Answer

Worked for Entergy? Contribute to the Community!