Entergy

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.9

Design Engineer I (Nuc) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Entergy.

Asked behavior interview questions. I got through a phone interview, had an in person interview a few weeks later. They asked some of the same questions over the phone and in person.

That was two months ago. They never contacted me again.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you has a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Entergy in May 2014.

I applied online at their website, then I got a phone call from the hiring manager to setup an interview a month later and also ask me some technical questions. At the interview, 3 engineers interviewing me including the hiring manager. They just ask me about typical behavior questions and talk about my experience and resume. They do write down notes while I talk.

Financial Analyst III Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Entergy.

One interview

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate for three weeks vacation starting off.

NONE Interview

No interview was conducted. However, from employees just hired on, the on-boarding process at Entergy is bad. Very un organized.

Interview Questions
    • was asked some questions which may be questionable.   View Answer

Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Entergy in November 2013.

The process took about two weeks. I had applied online and they got back to me in the next few days. The first interview was a phone interview with one of the managers and took about 30 minutes. It was mostly, if not all, behavioral questions. A few days later they contacted me again to come into the office for another interview. This interview included 5 45-60 minute interviews with four of the managers and the director. You talk with each manager to figure out which division you would fit best in. These interviews were half an in depth discussion of your resume & technical experiences and half behavioral questions. If possible, they like to take the interviewee out to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Just be prepared to talk about experience in data analysis and be able to expand on every single detail of your resume.   Answer Question

Analyst I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Entergy.

4 hour long interview
    Met about 4 directors
    45 minutes spent with each
    Very relaxed

Intern Interview

It was a pretty standard intern hiring process.

Human Resources Interview

application, interview

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruston, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruston, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Entergy.

Spoke to one of the recruiters at a Career Fair at my university. Set up a one-on-one interview to take place in the Career Center at the university on the following day. Lasted roughly 30-45 minutes. This interview was more of an informal conversation rather than a stuffy, formal, or structured questioning. The recruiter was an Engineer representing the Hiring Manager at the time. He began explaining the specifics of the job, as well as his impressions of the people and atmosphere of the office (all positive). The questions were geared mostly toward items on my resume, as well as personal life and interests.

About two weeks later I received a phone call from the same recruiter saying that his manager would like to formally interview me at the location of the prospective job (3 hours away). My gas and hotel expenses would be reimbursed. I agreed.

The day of the interview, I met with the Hiring Manager, a supervisor in her group, as well as the recruiter. She asked some more formal questions, but mostly just wanted to get to know me as a person. They took me to lunch at a nice restaurant, toured me around the facility, and let me sit with some Engineers to see what the day-to-day was like. I accepted the position and scheduled my start date on the spot. It was a great experience!

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because it was a nice offer with a signing bonus. Others may feel the need to negotiate if the starting salary does not meet their expectations. You may want to research the mean salary for that type of position so as to have a base salary in mind.

Auxiliary Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Entergy.

POSS test and a behavior based interview. I applied in March then was asked to take the POSS test in May. I got a call to come to an interview in June and started working at the end of July.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time where safety was at risk and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    This position is in the bargaining unit so everything is laid out in the union contract.