Entergy Nuclear Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.6

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear.

Interview

It took months to hear from them... Terrible experience.... I had a great interview, they told me they'd contact me in 2-3 weeks, I didn't hear from them until 3 months later.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear (Jackson, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for one job, two months later ended up being interviewed for another (related) position. Standard phone interview with HR followed by a face-to-face where 2 of the 3 interviewers didn't show up. Interviewer stated that he already had a preferred candidate who, while less qualified, already knew their organization.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to come for Entergy, and myself, knowing that you were not my preferred candidate?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring Supervisor first, then an interview with approximately 5 people ranging from engineers to managers. The people were nice and the questions/interactions weren't anything unusual.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

They contacted me to set-up my travel to their location. I drove to the location, processed through security, and was led to the interview room. Not all parties were available, so the interview went forward with only 2 interviewers. Only a few questions were related to the specific job. Other questions appeared to be set-up to judge my ability to deal with people.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would have any issues with being the boss of someone who was presently a co worker.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear.

Interview

The hiring process at a nuclear plant is far more intensive than most people would be used to. There are lengthy security and reference checks, as well as tons of training. The interview itself is typicall "behavior based" questions like: "tell me about a time when you saw a safety issue and how you handled it?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you saw a process not being followed and you had to "coach up" to a high level person. (Meaning, you saw an issue and had to report it to management, who had no noticed, or changed the situation yet)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear (Jackson, MS) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied in June 2014 and was contacted in less than two weeks. Scheduled an interview at the headquarters in Jackson, MS with the Director of Nuclear Fuels two weeks after I was called. They payed for all travel expenses, including food and a rental car. The interview was with the Director as well as two other engineers. The interview was behavioral and there was not a lot of technical questions asked. They showed me around the office and introduced me to everyone who I potentially would have been working with. The four of us went to lunch afterwards. It was a pretty good experience. I was notified 10 days later I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you were interacting with a person, and reading their reactions caused you to alter your course of action.   Answer Question

Procurement Engineer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear (Jackson, MS) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call after 3-4 weeks asking general questions. Got a call next day to schedule a personal interview. Interview was mostly behavioral questions, nothing technical. They said it will take 2-3 weeks for them to respond.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview and was a behavioral interview. The second in person interview was also a behavioral interview. It takes Entergy a few months to get any response back to you.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. They only asked about previous experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear (Vernon, VT) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online, hiring manager contacted me a few weeks later by e-mail, after a bit of phone tag I had the first-round interview. The posting was a generic entry-level nuclear job and the phone interview seemed to go well-I confirmed I was still interested, he described the position(s) available, we went over my background, but at the end the hiring manager chewed me out for expressing interest in reactor engineering rather than codes/regulatory compliance (his division), even though both had openings and the posting could easily apply to either. He invited me up for an on-site interview about 2 weeks later, where he asked standard interview questions and grilled me on my background. A handful of other interviewers came late and left early, they seemed enthusiastic to meet me but just read questions off the hiring manager's list. The interview with the reactor engineering division was weird: The guy I spoke with was very down on his own department, listed the negatives of working for/with him, encouraged me to move out of the nuclear field over time, and then said he wouldn't consider me unless I was willing to make a long-term commitment to working for him. After the meeting with reactor engineering, the hiring manager met with me in his office for followup questions.

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear (Plymouth, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied in April and got a response in September, so that part of the process was quite slow. We agreed to schedule a phone interview first, which was a conference call with the department supervisor and another engineer. They focused deeply on my education (since I only have less than 2 years of experience) to see if I knew the systems and how much of the details of my area of expertise I was familiar with. They were very pleased when I engaged in the conversation using the correct terminology and examples of equipment and processes used, and they told me that what I didn't know I could learn from experience and coaching. Then we set up a time and date for a personal interview, about a week later. They didn't tell me that the interview was going to last over 4 hours, divided in the actual interview, lunch with coworkers (in the same age range) of other departments, talking with HR and touring the offices and meeting the engineering director and all. Overall, the interview day was very good and I felt welcome even though there was nothing set yet. But I also felt that everyone was pretty positive about hiring me so I was happy. The day ended with a greet and a promise to call me back as soon as everyone got together and evaluate what they thought about me. Everyone was very friendly and even the guys who interviewed me were very comprehensive for the usually uncomfortable interview process. The people around the office seemed nice and there was a sense that it is a good place to work. Adding the touch of sending me out to lunch with some guys my age, made feel really good, it also gave a different perspective of the workplace and opened my eyes as to how would I feel working there On the talk with HR they explained that their processes are slow because all the restrictions of working at a nuclear site, so I was ready to wait a long time for an answer. The answer came in about three weeks, with a formal offer. The offer was very nice and the only thing I negotiated was vacation time which is important for me. The overall process is a bit lengthy but very smooth and totally worth it. I would suggest being patient and remaining calm. And like with every interview you get, always be polite and friendly, show what you have to offer and make them want to hire you, and finally always get back and thank everyone you talked to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had a problem with a team member or coworker and how did you solve the issue.   1 Answer