Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone call requesting a phone screening the same day. Phone screening was great - the recruiter was very nice and gave me tips for the next interview, which was a couple weeks later (I lived out of the area at the time). 2nd interview was 1 hour of branch observation with the Branch Manager and 1 hour interview with the Branch Manager and Area Manager. Area Manager was great, very friendly. Interview was pretty easy but I had prepared for it well. It was mostly questions about leadership, past experience, and competition. He also asked me to tell him why I would be the best person for this job - I told him that I was a great fit for the job but also this job is a perfect fit for me, he seemed to like that. 3rd interview was set up for about a month later, this one was with the Group Rental Manager. This one was a little more formal, but they asked very similar questions. I didn't do as well on this one, probably because I was more nervous. I tried to ask a career-oriented question to show I wanted to be at the company for a long time, but asked the wrong question. I asked about moving up within the company and eventually working on sustainability initiatives (i have a sustainability degree), and he told me that essentially they don't have jobs for that (but they have a huge sustainability program). I think that was one of the big reasons they didn't hire me.

They like people who are outgoing, competitive, and hard workers. Amp up any leadership experience you have. They also asked me about being able to sell things or persuade people. Just make sure you have answers prepared for behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – What's the most competitive environment you've been in? How did you do?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Yuma, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2010.

Interview Details – They really make you feel like you have a chance to withstand the stress for a short amount of time and once you enter management it goes away, but only gets worse. They hold high standards and pre judge applicants. I interviewed a LOT of great future leaders and they passed on them and wouldn't tell me or the applicant why. They ignored their phone calls. This happened numerous times.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, they either like you or don't   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none they tell you what you make

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process for the Management Trainee position at Enterprise is well-documented: the applicant submits an online application, receives a phone call from a recruiter to weed out any undesirables, gets called in for an in-person interview with the area HR recruiter, then gets passed along to the location in need of hiring. My recruiter was very professional and represented the company well. From the first communication, I was informed that my offer, should I receive it, would be for approximately $36,000 calculated at 50 hours/week at a base hourly rate of $13 and $19.50 for the 10 hours of overtime/week and that offer would be non-negotiable.

After passing from the recruiter, the mood shifted and I felt I was being sold by the branch manager, area manager, and regional manager (3 tiers in total, although their exact titles escape me right now). The first on-site interview includes an hour of observation and a tour from the branch manager. From this tour, I grew skeptical of the position, but decided to proceed with the process.

Each subsequent interview with higher authorities felt the same: I was being sold relentlessly on the prospect of 8- and 9-year compensation if I can just commit my life to Enterprise. At this point, I would like to highlight one thing I took away from these interviews: this position leads to very lucrative positions if you have no further ambition than to work for a car rental company for the entirety of your career. I don't feel like there is anything wrong with working for a single company for your entire career, but this started to feel like every other salesperson gig. At the close of the last interview (5th interview, including the phone screening), I was offered the position on the spot. I asked for a week to contemplate the offer, and he had no problem in offering that time. I asked for the job offer in writing, but he declined to provide any letter.

Overall, the interview process felt rather contrived; passing through five interviews before a job offer felt like the framework for a cliched Japanese video game, and I wasn't sold. I would highly recommend this position for any individual who worries about ever breaking into the corporate world. I see this position leading to lucrative careers for people who would otherwise work blue-collar jobs, which is an excellent selling point. Enterprise was extremely accommodating and straight-forward throughout the interview process, which I appreciated. I honestly and openly shared my objections and they worked with me (maybe too much) all the way to the final interview. Very well-organized interview process.

Interview Question – Are you interested in working 50+ hours per week for $36,000 annually?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Ultimately, I declined because the return of salary + experience didn't warrant the time that I would spend in that position. If I took the position, I would not have stopped my job search, and I would have had considerably less time to interview elsewhere.

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Management Trainee Intern
Glendale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2013.

Interview Details – I initially met the Enterprise recruiters at a college career fair. After applying online for the intern position, I had a series of 3 interviews. Two were over the phone, as I was not in the same city as the branch I would work at. The final interview consisted of an in-person interview at the branch location. I spent a couple hours observing the workplace and then one hour interviewing with the area manager. The questions were reasonable and mostly based on past experiences or how I dealt with certain situations.

Interview Question – The questions were very focused on customer service and work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. All interns start at $10 an hour.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2009.

Interview Details – Like everyone else at ERAC, I was not hired into this role, but instead had to work up to it. I was hired as a management trainee. The interview process is quite straightforward. I attended 3 interviews. The first was with an HR manager over the phone. Second came an interview with the HR hiring manager downtown in the corporate office. Third, I met with the man who would be my area manager. I was also asked to shadow the office operations prior to my third interview.

The questions in interviews were not difficult, and were really aimed at gauging my personality as opposed to my abilities. ERAC wants people it can train and mold, so they are really looking for a work ethic and an open minded personality.

Interview Question – There aren't any questions that stand out in my mind as being unexpected or particularly difficult. Just be honest with the hiring manager and yourself and all will turn out fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. The hourly rate was set and you either took it or left it.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2009.

Interview Details – pretty simple and straight forward process. You have to go through 3 interviews where most of the questions they ask are the same. Based on customer service and sales questions.

Interview Question – They will ask if customer service or sales is most important to you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Sales Management Trainee
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2013.

Interview Details – Like most I was contacted after I submitted my online application. I spoke to a charming woman on the phone for about 15 minutes and we set up a time for my initial phone interview. A few days later, I interviewed with this same person, and spoke for about 30 minutes about sales and leadership. When we finished she said that I was being recommended for a follow on face to face interview and she would provide the details in a follow-up email. It was then that I mentioned, that due to military commitments, I wouldn’t be available for roughly 5 months
My second interview took place the following week. I arrived in the prescribed attire (full suit), which was kind of off putting when the staff was in khakis and Polo shirts. I “shadowed” one of the assistant managers for about an hour, and then sat down for my interview. I was asked almost the exact same questions as my phone interview. After approximately 45 minutes, we wrapped things up and I was told great things about my leadership and potential.
My third interview took place about a week later with an area manager. This was another repeat of the same questions. But while sitting in the office, I got a good feeling after being told that he liked my background and that he wanted me for the long term. Good news I thought.
Well, two days later I received an email stating that they would be moving forward with other candidates at this time and to thank for me for my interest.

Interview Question – I was constantly asked about sales goals and "rank and file" procedures of my previous employers.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Set a time for a phone interview. Offered a position

Interview Question – Explain your sales experience.   Answer Question

New Management Trainee Interview

New Management Trainee
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was a 3 part interview process. First was a phone interview screening. This was a very general interview. Second interview was in person with the recruiter. They asked questions like Why Enterprise? and Why would you be a good fit for the position. Third interview I was at an actual branch for an hour of shadowing and then was called in for the final interview. They asked a lot of sales questions, and what I learned during shadowing.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1 -10 how good are you at sales and why?   View Answer

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Management Trainee Intern
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview lasting 20 minutes with HR person. Had a one on one interview with someone in HR. Shadowed the branch I would be working in for an hour then had an interview with three managers (one of which being the VP of car rentals in AZ). Had to dress business professional the entire time. The second interview started with watching a brief video about the organization (it was very motivating actually).

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irrate customer and the steps you took to calm them down and help them out.   Answer Question

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!