Enterprise Rent-A-Car

2.8

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Very relaxed first interview. Immediately went on to the second interview (which I have next week), which is a visit to the office. Everyone I have met so far is incredibly friendly, and I am looking forward to the next interview. i have heard there are three interviews total until a decision is made.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult questions- all very generic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2014.

I applied online and the whole process took a week.
    1. Applied online through their main website.
    2. Received a call from their talent acquisition the next 3 days
    3. Set an. appointment for a face to face.
    4. The face to face interview lasted for about 30 minute.

There was about 20 questions of which 10 were were about 'how did you go above and beyond' to help a customer, employer, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you go above and beyond?
      It is difficult because you can only go above an beyond your action for so many, and they expect you to be able to answer all.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Applied online, got a phone call requesting a phone screening the same day. Phone screening was great - the recruiter was very nice and gave me tips for the next interview, which was a couple weeks later (I lived out of the area at the time). 2nd interview was 1 hour of branch observation with the Branch Manager and 1 hour interview with the Branch Manager and Area Manager. Area Manager was great, very friendly. Interview was pretty easy but I had prepared for it well. It was mostly questions about leadership, past experience, and competition. He also asked me to tell him why I would be the best person for this job - I told him that I was a great fit for the job but also this job is a perfect fit for me, he seemed to like that. 3rd interview was set up for about a month later, this one was with the Group Rental Manager. This one was a little more formal, but they asked very similar questions. I didn't do as well on this one, probably because I was more nervous. I tried to ask a career-oriented question to show I wanted to be at the company for a long time, but asked the wrong question. I asked about moving up within the company and eventually working on sustainability initiatives (i have a sustainability degree), and he told me that essentially they don't have jobs for that (but they have a huge sustainability program). I think that was one of the big reasons they didn't hire me.

They like people who are outgoing, competitive, and hard workers. Amp up any leadership experience you have. They also asked me about being able to sell things or persuade people. Just make sure you have answers prepared for behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most competitive environment you've been in? How did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

The interview process for the Management Trainee position at Enterprise is well-documented: the applicant submits an online application, receives a phone call from a recruiter to weed out any undesirables, gets called in for an in-person interview with the area HR recruiter, then gets passed along to the location in need of hiring. My recruiter was very professional and represented the company well. From the first communication, I was informed that my offer, should I receive it, would be for approximately $36,000 calculated at 50 hours/week at a base hourly rate of $13 and $19.50 for the 10 hours of overtime/week and that offer would be non-negotiable.

After passing from the recruiter, the mood shifted and I felt I was being sold by the branch manager, area manager, and regional manager (3 tiers in total, although their exact titles escape me right now). The first on-site interview includes an hour of observation and a tour from the branch manager. From this tour, I grew skeptical of the position, but decided to proceed with the process.

Each subsequent interview with higher authorities felt the same: I was being sold relentlessly on the prospect of 8- and 9-year compensation if I can just commit my life to Enterprise. At this point, I would like to highlight one thing I took away from these interviews: this position leads to very lucrative positions if you have no further ambition than to work for a car rental company for the entirety of your career. I don't feel like there is anything wrong with working for a single company for your entire career, but this started to feel like every other salesperson gig. At the close of the last interview (5th interview, including the phone screening), I was offered the position on the spot. I asked for a week to contemplate the offer, and he had no problem in offering that time. I asked for the job offer in writing, but he declined to provide any letter.

Overall, the interview process felt rather contrived; passing through five interviews before a job offer felt like the framework for a cliched Japanese video game, and I wasn't sold. I would highly recommend this position for any individual who worries about ever breaking into the corporate world. I see this position leading to lucrative careers for people who would otherwise work blue-collar jobs, which is an excellent selling point. Enterprise was extremely accommodating and straight-forward throughout the interview process, which I appreciated. I honestly and openly shared my objections and they worked with me (maybe too much) all the way to the final interview. Very well-organized interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Are you interested in working 50+ hours per week for $36,000 annually?   View Answer

Ultimately, I declined because the return of salary + experience didn't warrant the time that I would spend in that position. If I took the position, I would not have stopped my job search, and I would have had considerably less time to interview elsewhere.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

Applied online. Set a time for a phone interview. Offered a position

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2013.

Like most I was contacted after I submitted my online application. I spoke to a charming woman on the phone for about 15 minutes and we set up a time for my initial phone interview. A few days later, I interviewed with this same person, and spoke for about 30 minutes about sales and leadership. When we finished she said that I was being recommended for a follow on face to face interview and she would provide the details in a follow-up email. It was then that I mentioned, that due to military commitments, I wouldn’t be available for roughly 5 months
    My second interview took place the following week. I arrived in the prescribed attire (full suit), which was kind of off putting when the staff was in khakis and Polo shirts. I “shadowed” one of the assistant managers for about an hour, and then sat down for my interview. I was asked almost the exact same questions as my phone interview. After approximately 45 minutes, we wrapped things up and I was told great things about my leadership and potential.
    My third interview took place about a week later with an area manager. This was another repeat of the same questions. But while sitting in the office, I got a good feeling after being told that he liked my background and that he wanted me for the long term. Good news I thought.
    Well, two days later I received an email stating that they would be moving forward with other candidates at this time and to thank for me for my interest.

Interview Questions
    • I was constantly asked about sales goals and "rank and file" procedures of my previous employers.   View Answer

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2013.

I initially met the Enterprise recruiters at a college career fair. After applying online for the intern position, I had a series of 3 interviews. Two were over the phone, as I was not in the same city as the branch I would work at. The final interview consisted of an in-person interview at the branch location. I spent a couple hours observing the workplace and then one hour interviewing with the area manager. The questions were reasonable and mostly based on past experiences or how I dealt with certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very focused on customer service and work ethic.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. All interns start at $10 an hour.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2013.

They send you to the headquarters in tempe and make you watch a boring 15 minute video. then the hr people ask you questions about your leadership experience and situations in your life where you had to overcome obstacles. they then send you to interview 2 where you have a store and district manager interview you after a 1 hour shadow in a branch location.

horrible hours, benefits and pay

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2013.

Phone Interview lasting 20 minutes with HR person. Had a one on one interview with someone in HR. Shadowed the branch I would be working in for an hour then had an interview with three managers (one of which being the VP of car rentals in AZ). Had to dress business professional the entire time. The second interview started with watching a brief video about the organization (it was very motivating actually).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irrate customer and the steps you took to calm them down and help them out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casa Grande, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casa Grande, AZ

Initial interview with a recruiter, then an interview at the branch you're applying at with a district manager. An hour's worth of job shadowing precedes this second interview. The branch I applied at looked about thirty years past its prime and had computers running Win95. The whole place seemed like a bad joke from the moment I walked through the door.

Interview Questions
    • District manager didn't seem to believe my response as to how I had heard of Enterprise. The company recently ran commercials that talked about how they hired college graduates and the district manager pretty much thought I was lying to him.   View Answer