Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – This was about 10 years ago so it's probably different now. I went thru the process of phone interview, 1 on 1 with area manager, and then with regional manager

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2013.

Interview Details – 4 interviews - (1) general interview over the phone, (2) interview with talent acquisition manager, (3) branch observation/ interview with branch manager, (3) interview with area manager.

Have readily available stories about times when you showed leadership. If you ever worked in customer service (and you probably have if you are applying) then tell your interviewer a time you made a customer "completely satisfied" - they'll love that.

Try to participate during the branch observation. Make small talk with customers, ect.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You won't be negotiating.

Assistant Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – There are usually 3-4 interviews. One is the phone screening, then you meet with the actual recruiter, then you meet with the area manager and a branch manager, then you meet with the city manager, and you have to please them all. Be friendly and outgoing, and be sure you don't swear. It's easy to get too comfortable. Just talk about sales a lot and how hard you work. And don't try any clever sales-proving tricks like selling the interviewer your pen. These are people who are not impressed with that and you will probably embarrass yourself and blow your chances because that is the part they will remember (as they laugh about it together later). Have examples of your successes in sales and management readily available. And don't scoff at the fact that you will be washing cars in a suit and working a lot of hours.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating anything but your start date. Everyone starts at the same level with the same pay and benefits.

Middlesex, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2012.

Interview Details – A typical new applicant does a phone interview, in person interview with recruiter, in person interview with area manager, shadowing of the branch and finally an interview with the regional rental manager.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions. Come prepared to give examples of previous experiences and how you handled them.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2013.

Interview Details – Long process with multiple phones/in person interviews.

Interview Question – What your most successful business to business sale?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – First you have a phone interview, then an interview with the branch and area manager, then with the regional manager. Then you find out if they have hired you.

Interview Question – To be honest I didn't find any of the questions diffiuclt or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple, everyone starts off at the same rate.

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, after each interview they send you to next interview with higher up if they like you. Just be prepared to discuss your sales background and have a ton of examples for when you dealt with certain situations.

Interview Question – Why weren't you the best salesman in your latest job?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Very detailed and thoughtful, impressive management, but too dictated by work life and no down time at all.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Yuma, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2010.

Interview Details – They really make you feel like you have a chance to withstand the stress for a short amount of time and once you enter management it goes away, but only gets worse. They hold high standards and pre judge applicants. I interviewed a LOT of great future leaders and they passed on them and wouldn't tell me or the applicant why. They ignored their phone calls. This happened numerous times.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, they either like you or don't   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none they tell you what you make

Assistant Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – To initially get hired you submit application online, hope to get a phone interview. Usually do two phone interviews and two face to face interviews. Then you need to interview for every promotion you want. Get ready to interview at least 6-8 times and hope you end up with a spot that you actually want.

Interview Question – To initially get hired they're are no overly difficult questions they hire kids out of college with no experience. If you got drunk and smoked weed and college and majored in literally anything you can get hired by enterprise. Once your interview for other spots the only difficult part is knowing the numbers of the specific branch you throwing for. Also hope your not going up against any decent looking chick with a rack.   Answer Question

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!