Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview for about 20 minutes where I was asked about basic questions-
describe a time you had to overcome adversity in the workplace

Interview Question – no questions were that unexpected; pretty basic interview questions; including strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was simple, I was contacted by an HR rep over the phone and we discussed some of my qualifications as well as my limited experience. I was then asked to interview in person at the downtown office and then again at the branch. I think what turned me off to the position was they told me outright that they wanted me to work long hours for relatively little money. I heard that multiple times, to the point where I decided that I didn't want to work there.

Interview Question – No overly difficult questions, mostly just questions about your sales/work experience, all basic stuff.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

PT Service Agent Interview

PT Service Agent
Hiram, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online through the company's website, took 2 months for a call back, went in for a interview at the branch, I called back two days later , I was asked to show up for orientation and started that day.

Interview Question – For the position there wasn't a diffucult question asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – don't try to negotiate with them, too hard set in corporate pocket.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2011.

Interview Details – Then call you 1:1 interview.very easy interview and the ask you if you have previous customer service experience..Ask me questions about how to dealing with customers.

Interview Question – They are very easy questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interview process. First phone interview which took about 15 min, asked basic questions. Second, one on one interview, very laid back asked more informational questions. Third, field interview with Regional and Branch Managers. Asked more behavior and situational questions.

Interview Question – Your manager gave you an assignment to do but do not give you enough resources. How do you handle it?   Answer Question

MT Interview

MT
Kennesaw, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview was about 10 minutes in length and asked some simple qualifying questions. It was conducted by the recruiter. He was very nice and personable. The interview was actually not intimidating at all. I was invited to my 1:1 interview from there and was asked to dress business professional and bring a resume.

The 1:1 interview was much like the phone interview but longer. It was conversational and non-threatening. I was excited and had read up on the company. I had questions prepared for interviewer (which was the recruiter). I was friendly as was he. I was asked then to come to my Group/Panel Interview.

The Group/Panel Interview consisted of a observation of daily proceedings and an interview with the branch and area managers. The branch manager went over the checklist they send you to bring with and we went through each section as much as possible. She was nice and easy to talk to. My interest in the job itself was something she liked. The observation was more like a training session for me because I stepped behind the counter and took control of things, in the process helping the branch manager with her workload. I met interns and new recruits, and everyone was really fun to work with. I met the resident car-keeper and the resident driver. I met several different types of people which I think was a good experience. The branch was so busy that the branch manager had to stay out and work the floor so I only got a chance to speak with the area manager once interview time came up which was around an hour and a half after the observation began. The interview was more difficult than the first two but I still had done my research and all that and had questions ready for the interviewer. It lasted an hour and half itself because I had many questions to ask. I was called that afternoon by the recruiter to announce the interview had gone well and the final portion was to take place. He requested my background check which is submitted online.

The check was complete within two days and the Skills/Personality Test portion began and that really involves a third interview with the regional VP.

This interview was a long interview (more than an hour) and it was semi-difficult though the intensity was greater and it was not clear how my results had come to be in the interview itself but I was warned of this somewhat by the recruiter. I had many questions for him and that extended the interview. At the end I was told that the VP had to speak with the area manager and recruiter to see how my other interviews went and that would determine the process and next step.

Two days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? (I was asked this by more than one interviewer)   View Answer
  • What do know about Enterprise? (I was asked this in more than one interview)   View Answer
  • How do you think you would fit in here?   View Answer
  • Difficult Sales/Customer Service experiences? Specifics.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they tell you before your 1:1 interview about the salary and hours.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Sales Management Trainee
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2012.

Interview Details – I arrived to the headquarters location. I was greeted very nicely. The interview process was about an hr long. The questions were very detailed surprisingly. Make sure you bring a copy of your resume.

Interview Questions

• what are you strenghts and weaknessess? But they are very picky about your answer. Dont say something like your weakness is that you work too hard sometimes and that you take your work home. They want real straight up answers.   Answer Question
  • If you had a huge group of strong leaders in one room. How would you deterimine which strong leader is the best. How would you pick that one person out of a group of even more strong leaders?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined this offer after being told that I would be washing cars in a suite. Also because of the schedule not being a set schedule. The recruiter mentioned that theres a rotating schedule meaning monday you come in at 6 am, tueday you come in at 7 am, wednesday you come in at 8 am...ect. The later you come in, the later you stay. I need a set schedule!!! Also you have a strong chance of working holidays...christmas day, thanksgiving. I also declined this position because after you complete the training, you are not guaranteed a job. You must take a test and apply for different job hoping they have something available and that you pass the test, if not...you will be unemployed again!!!!

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2012.

Interview Details – I'm posting this as I go through the process and while its fresh in my mind. The phone interview consisted of general questions scu as 18 years of age or older, authorized to work in the US, okay to check your credit, etc. Secondly there were behavioral questions such as; how would you handle an irate customer, tell me about a challenging situation on the job and rate your knowledge of MS Excel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Incomplete at this time.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was doing some browsing for a job / internship opportunity for the summer. I believe I saw the position for a "management trainee'' on linkedin. The qualifications education wise, and experience wise seemed doable so I gave it a shot. I have lots of retail experience so I figured it would be a decent fit.

I heard from one of their recruiters 11 days later. He thanked me for my interest and requested that I schedule a short phone interview. We exchanged a few emails and I ended up doing the phone interview 9 days later. I was not too nervous about the phone interview, it is the face to face action that gets me nervous. But he basically started off asking very simple yes or no questions, like "are you a US citizen" "do you have a license" "how many driving incidents?" "can you physically do this, this or that" "ok working full time?". Then after all the preliminary qualification questions he asked about experience and how it would apply. Asked about accomplishments. Customer service. How did I hear about this? Location, so they could match me up. Wish I could remember more, but it was not too intense. After 10-15 minutes he let me know that regardless or their decision they would be in touch.

5 hours later I received an email from one of their HR people saying that after speaking with the recruiter and reviewing my background, she wanted to set up an interview. I set the interview up for a date 5 days later.
I really did not know what to expect. The receptionist was not the nicest most perky individual so that threw me off. Plus I did not get interviewed until about 35 minutes after I was scheduled. But once I got in, it was great. My lady was very cool and down to earth. Did not even really feel like an interview. It was a more like a natural conversation. The fact that it was so natural makes it hard to remember the type of questions she asked. I think she started off by asking me what I am about. I explained college student with retail experience. Wanted to know how I found out about it, and why enterprise. She wanted to know what I knew about enterprise and why it would be a great fit. We talked about customer service, and accountability. She really gave a ton of info about the position. What Enterprise expects etc. She wanted to know if I had questions, so I asked a few. She asked where do I want to be in 5 years, which kind of stumped me because I really don't know. But she acknowledged that it is hard and no one really knows. Really great interview, and she let me know asap that I was moving on to the next round. This interview would be with the branch manager and area manager that I would be working directly with. She recommended, and we both agreed that it would be better sooner than later, so I requested 2 days later and she said she would get back with me to confirm.

This last stage is an observation and then an interview.

After the observation I interviewed with the branch manager and the area manager. The branch manager was a very laid back guy. He has a great sense of humor, and with no disrespect, was a clown. But the area manager was a lot more intimidating. He was actually kind of nice and laid back too, but you could tell he meant business. The fact that it was a 2 on 1 interview made it a little nerve racking. Compared to my interview before, this was a lot more like an interview. He asked questions, I answered. Not much discussion. The branch manager didn't even ask questions I think. But it started out with info. The area manager let me know it is not easy. Basically said it sucked in a way. I did appreciate how straightforward he was though. He asked how I heard about it? Why do I want it? Why do I think I could sell rental insurance? He asked about customer service. Asked about a time I dealt with a difficult customer. What will I do to meet sales? Tell me about a time at work I met or exceeded sales? Asked where I see myself in the future? This time I was very prepared for that question. They then opened up for questions. At this stage I felt like I could not know any more about this job, but I managed to work up a few questions. They thanked me and let me know that I should hear something within a week. I really did not know what to expect, but I ended up getting an offer that night, missed the call actually, so I did not get the offer until after the weekend.

I ended up accepting. although I was not excited about the long hours and how demanding it would be. I would have no summer. But I told myself that A) I need the money. B) It is only a summer. and C) It will look good on my resume. And who knows what will come of it, because the branch manager at my location was once a trainee.

I really enjoyed their interview process though. Was not too long, and the communication was great across all levels. Guess that could depend on who you are dealing with, but everyone i dealt with was great

Interview Question – Where will you be in 5 years/ where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, pay is set, hours are set.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Covington, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

Interview Details – I initiated interview process, then moved onto first step after online application was processed. First/only stop was HR. I already engaged in "Information Interview" at my request at local branch.

In essence, if you are not a relatively recent college graduate (0 to 6 years) or good looking female, you can forget working at this place, despite their claims otherwise. Any real experience you might bring, except from inside other auto-rental giants, is of no value to Enterprise. Only your age, willing to work for an average wage, and compete with clones of yourself - that being, "Literature Majors" with no chance to obtain jobs in other fields.

The people in those jobs are great people. The people who have moved up from those jobs don't want to upset the apple cart by bringing on board someone who will either surpass others relatively quickly OR might have the potential for being offered a position elsewhere - on short order, and is likely to take it (in a career change situation) - because you would leave at the offer of 1.5-2x the $$, so... unless you're older and just want to kill time washing cars and picking up customers 20 hours a week, it's not likely you will find a "home" here.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a dissatisfied client or customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
  • How do I know that you wouldn't accept a position from a totally different company if you were called upon by a recruiter, and offered $10k or $20k more per year?   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car