Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.9

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2011.

First interview was a phone screen with a recruiter, she asked basic questions and then scheduled a time for us to meet in person for another interview. Second interview was 1 on 1 with the recruiter pretty much the same questions at the end she told me what salary would be plus benefits package. Third interview I was suppose to shadow a branch manager then interview with the district manager. When I showed up the branch manager just interviewed me while taking breaks to answer phones and such. Then the district manager came in and interviewed me. I tried to take notes but she told me to put my notepad away. She was pretty much talked me out of the job. She said I would move to four different location within the first year with no chance of better pay for at least a year. I told her I didn't have a car and she said I would need one after the first four months to do the job. Luckily I had another offer with a different company so I did not set up the final interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when you sold to a customer who was reluctant and how did you turn them around?   Answer Question
    • If you are still in the same position this time next year, working long hours, low pay, on the bottom of the performance matrix why would you still want to work here?   Answer Question

Low pay, relocating 4 times within a year and long hours. Not to mention five interviews for a job that doesn't pay much is ridiculous. They might do well for you if you stick with them for five years but I would look elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

ERAC called me up after seeing my resume on an online job site and asked me several questions about my post graduate plans. I told them I was interested in the job, but I was not impressed with the strict starting salary of 32k/yr even with extensive sales experience. However, I went in for the 1:1 interview with a young lady who was very cool and sold the job as well. I got excited and did some research on the company. The next interview was an observation and 1:1 with the area manager. I was not pleased with the hours the workers work for the pay, over 60 hours weekly. The job did not look that stressful, but I interviewed with the area manager and she like me a lot. Next I interviewed with the VP of the region and he offered me a job.

Interview Questions

After careful consideration and being offered another entry level position for 45k/yr I declined the offer. The job seemed to demanding and difficult for upward mobility. Some say they have been working for a couple years in the same position, one lady has been there for 10 years!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Suburban, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Suburban, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

I applied online and received a phone call from the HR man for Chicago. He asked a few simple customer service questions and where do I want to be in five years. We set up and interview together a few days later. There I had a 30 minute interview and at the end of it he told me what I did wrong because he "liked me." I then had my next interview at an actual Enterprise location. I shadowed them for a half an hour, got a tour, and then had an interview with the woman who was the branch manager. I got by the end of the week from the original HR man who said he and the branch manager really liked me, but they were going with another candidate. He said they never call people to reject them, but he wanted to call me because he wanted me to apply again in six months.

Interview Questions
    • What did you want to do before this?
      When was a time you were competitive?
      You don't seem like the type of person for this position. Prove to me I'm wrong.
        Answer Question

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2012.

I landed an interview by applying through my school's website. My first interview was business professional and I spoke with one of the recruiters. He spoke very fast and asked many questions. Furthermore, I was expected to ask questions about the company as well. I'm glad I prepared three different questions because he was definitely impressed. My second interview was at a branch near my house. It was with the area manager. It was a lot shorter and relaxed. We talked about many of the same things I did in the first interview. He then told me that he would contact me about the decision within a few weeks. About 3 weeks later I got an offer and accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Highland, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

I was called in for an interview for the Management Trainee program. I went to a local Enterprise store, asked for the person interviewing me, and then was taken to a back room. It took place in a small office with the interviewer at his desk and I sat on the other side. The interviewer asked mostly typical interview questions (Why do you want to work at Enterprise?), but he also threw in a few curveballs

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Received a phone call to setup an interview the same day that I applied. Went to the initial interview with the recruiter in the corporate office. Pretty standard interview where do you see yourself in 5 years, behavioral questions about how you've handled various situations in your work experience, etc. After that interview I got a call back 2 days later to setup a 2nd interview and job shadow at a location closer to my home. Went into that location and met with the Branch Manager and the rest of the employees working that day learning about the software, what the day to day work is like, etc. After that I met with the Area Manager in which we had an interview that was about 45 minutes, same time as the first one and consisted of similar questions. The Area Manager told me that somebody would contact me within the week and nobody did. So, I sent my recruiter an email a week after the 2nd interview following up about it and they said I would not move on to the next step. All-in-all, I thought it was a pretty standard interview process. To be honest, I thought I did everything right and might have just gotten unlucky on the timing. Either way, it was a fairly positive experience and I would recommend it to fellow entry-level job seekers.

Reservation Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

applied online on the company website, took a week to hear from the hiring managers, an assessment test, included math test, technology questions, behavioral, role play test.
    scheduled an interview, the interviewer was nice enough to educate you to have a cheat sheet and resume in front of you.
    Initial Interview from enterprise manager, email from the manager not to consider me for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Applied online.

Phone interview with a woman from HR. Pretty straightforward. She asked about my previous experience and why I was interested in this position.

First face to face interview was with the same woman from HR. Asked most of the same questions as over the phone, mostly about my previous experiences. She told me a lot about the company and why the Trainee program is so great. She seemed really interested in me, both over the phone and in person. Told me the next step would be an interview and observation of a local branch. Left with a great feeling.

Next face to face interview was at a local branch with that branch manager and the area manager. Met the assistant manager of the branch first and he was very happy and excited to talk to me about coming to work for the company. Both the branch manager and the area manager were happy and excited to talk to me as well. Asked about previous experience and for examples of dealing with customers, especially unhappy ones. Asked what motivated me in the workplace, and why I wanted this position. Both seemed to like me and what I had to say. They let me know that the next step would be a final interview face to face with the VP of HR. I left this interview with a great feeling too. Got a phone call an hour later confirming my interview with the VP of HR for a few days later.

Met with the VP of HR. He asked me for my impressions of the people I had met and about the interactions I had witnessed at the local branch. He asked if I still had any unanswered questions, and I didn't. Everyone had been great about answering my questions along the way.
    He asked if I would be okay with working the 7:30 am-6 pm hours 5 days a week and I confirmed that I would be. He then went on a tangent about how he hates when people take the job and then complain about the hours later when they had fair warning. The hours had been discussed with me in literally every interview (over the phone, with HR, the local and area managers and now the VP of HR and I think they were even listed on the job posting). He seemed really upset about the people who complain about the hours. I never indicated that I would have a problem with the hours so I was a little shocked that he seemed so upset.
    He then asked if I had a car or would be relying on public transportation. Since I live in the city of Chicago, I don't have my own car right now but I have full access to my aunt and uncle's car who also live in the city. I told him this information and then he went on another tangent about how it's not the company's fault if my career doesn't advance as fast as I want it to because I don't accept a promotion to a branch that isn't close to public transportation. I was shocked that he would assume that I would blame the company for that and explained to him that I am willing to buy a car if that is what it takes to help further my career. It was like he didn't hear me, didn't believe me, or didn't care because he basically repeated that I can't get upset if I turn down promotions because of lack of transportation. I left this final interview feeling horrible. I couldn't tell if this guy was trying to make the decision for me by assuming that I would complain about the hours and turn down promotions based on not having a car. He also did most of the talking in this interview which was another sign of trouble, seeing as most interviews are about getting to know me as a person and a professional and finding out if I would be the right fit for the company.

I got an email a few days later saying thanks for interviewing with us but we're unable to offer you a position.

I am still very confused as to what exactly happened. The interview with HR and the interview with the local and area branch managers all seemed to go very smoothly. We all got along really well, they seemed to have liked what I had to say in response to their questions. And then the final interview everything went upside down.
    He did all the talking. And it honestly felt like a lecture. I was shocked. Before that interview I was positive I would be getting an offer. After that interview, I don't know how to feel.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to reach a personal sales goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a team to reach a sales goal.   Answer Question
    • What motivates you in the workplace?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2012.

First met with H.R recruiter. Liked me a lot and went onto to second interview. Second interview was at corporate offices with four people. Same exact questions as first interview. After the inteview I told them I was no longer interested in the position.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bridgeview, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeview, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2008.

Interview process consists of 3 interviews. All were in person. First interview is with the recruiter, 2nd at a branch, 3rd with Regional vice president. Questions were pretty standard. Want to know alot about how you are motivated and your ability to sell a product. You will start as a trainee and have to work your way up.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on the trainee salary

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!