Enterprise Rent-A-Car

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Reservation Sales Representative Interview

Reservation Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details – applied online on the company website, took a week to hear from the hiring managers, an assessment test, included math test, technology questions, behavioral, role play test.
scheduled an interview, the interviewer was nice enough to educate you to have a cheat sheet and resume in front of you.
Initial Interview from enterprise manager, email from the manager not to consider me for the position.

Interview Question – Were you given any targets, or sales goals?   Answer Question

Downers Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to setup an interview the same day that I applied. Went to the initial interview with the recruiter in the corporate office. Pretty standard interview where do you see yourself in 5 years, behavioral questions about how you've handled various situations in your work experience, etc. After that interview I got a call back 2 days later to setup a 2nd interview and job shadow at a location closer to my home. Went into that location and met with the Branch Manager and the rest of the employees working that day learning about the software, what the day to day work is like, etc. After that I met with the Area Manager in which we had an interview that was about 45 minutes, same time as the first one and consisted of similar questions. The Area Manager told me that somebody would contact me within the week and nobody did. So, I sent my recruiter an email a week after the 2nd interview following up about it and they said I would not move on to the next step. All-in-all, I thought it was a pretty standard interview process. To be honest, I thought I did everything right and might have just gotten unlucky on the timing. Either way, it was a fairly positive experience and I would recommend it to fellow entry-level job seekers.

Interview Question – n/a all the questions were standard/expected   Answer Question

Highland, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview for the Management Trainee program. I went to a local Enterprise store, asked for the person interviewing me, and then was taken to a back room. It took place in a small office with the interviewer at his desk and I sat on the other side. The interviewer asked mostly typical interview questions (Why do you want to work at Enterprise?), but he also threw in a few curveballs

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service.   View Answer

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Management Trainee Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2012.

Interview Details – I landed an interview by applying through my school's website. My first interview was business professional and I spoke with one of the recruiters. He spoke very fast and asked many questions. Furthermore, I was expected to ask questions about the company as well. I'm glad I prepared three different questions because he was definitely impressed. My second interview was at a branch near my house. It was with the area manager. It was a lot shorter and relaxed. We talked about many of the same things I did in the first interview. He then told me that he would contact me about the decision within a few weeks. About 3 weeks later I got an offer and accepted it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for our company?   Answer Question

South Suburban, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call from the HR man for Chicago. He asked a few simple customer service questions and where do I want to be in five years. We set up and interview together a few days later. There I had a 30 minute interview and at the end of it he told me what I did wrong because he "liked me." I then had my next interview at an actual Enterprise location. I shadowed them for a half an hour, got a tour, and then had an interview with the woman who was the branch manager. I got by the end of the week from the original HR man who said he and the branch manager really liked me, but they were going with another candidate. He said they never call people to reject them, but he wanted to call me because he wanted me to apply again in six months.

Interview Question – What did you want to do before this?
When was a time you were competitive?
You don't seem like the type of person for this position. Prove to me I'm wrong.
  Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2012.

Interview Details – First I was contacted for a phone interview. From that point there were three additional interviews. Once that was with the district recruiter, the next with the managers at the branch that I will be located and the other with the head of the district.

Interview Question – Why did you apply to Enterprise?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The hours were too much for the amount getting paid. 49+ hour work week.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2013.

Interview Details – Recruited on campus... first round interview and then a final interview

Interview Question – What is one thing you would change about this job or company?   View Answer

Naperville, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – (THIS WAS FOR ILLINOIS, I MOVED LATER) 3-step process. 1st with recruiter, 2nd shadow/interview with area manager, 3rd with Regional Vice President.

Interview Question – You are about to open up a restaurant, it is the day before the grand opening. You have your wait staff, cooks, hosts and management in one room. Give me the speech you would give them to 1. motivate them to make money and 2. ensure excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, set pay for every management trainee.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2012.

Interview Details – Basic interview. Strengths/Weaknesses. Tell me about yourself. Situations in which you went above and beyond. What type of manager do you enjoy working for.

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Bridgeview, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process consists of 3 interviews. All were in person. First interview is with the recruiter, 2nd at a branch, 3rd with Regional vice president. Questions were pretty standard. Want to know alot about how you are motivated and your ability to sell a product. You will start as a trainee and have to work your way up.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you sold something?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on the trainee salary

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.