Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Recruited on campus... first round interview and then a final interview

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would change about this job or company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

First I was contacted for a phone interview. From that point there were three additional interviews. Once that was with the district recruiter, the next with the managers at the branch that I will be located and the other with the head of the district.

Interview Questions

The hours were too much for the amount getting paid. 49+ hour work week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Naperville, IL).

Interview

(THIS WAS FOR ILLINOIS, I MOVED LATER) 3-step process. 1st with recruiter, 2nd shadow/interview with area manager, 3rd with Regional Vice President.

Interview Questions

• You are about to open up a restaurant, it is the day before the grand opening. You have your wait staff, cooks, hosts and management in one room. Give me the speech you would give them to 1. motivate them to make money and 2. ensure excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, set pay for every management trainee.

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

I landed an interview by applying through my school's website. My first interview was business professional and I spoke with one of the recruiters. He spoke very fast and asked many questions. Furthermore, I was expected to ask questions about the company as well. I'm glad I prepared three different questions because he was definitely impressed. My second interview was at a branch near my house. It was with the area manager. It was a lot shorter and relaxed. We talked about many of the same things I did in the first interview. He then told me that he would contact me about the decision within a few weeks. About 3 weeks later I got an offer and accepted it.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Basic interview. Strengths/Weaknesses. Tell me about yourself. Situations in which you went above and beyond. What type of manager do you enjoy working for.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

First met with H.R recruiter. Liked me a lot and went onto to second interview. Second interview was at corporate offices with four people. Same exact questions as first interview. After the inteview I told them I was no longer interested in the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

ERAC called me up after seeing my resume on an online job site and asked me several questions about my post graduate plans. I told them I was interested in the job, but I was not impressed with the strict starting salary of 32k/yr even with extensive sales experience. However, I went in for the 1:1 interview with a young lady who was very cool and sold the job as well. I got excited and did some research on the company. The next interview was an observation and 1:1 with the area manager. I was not pleased with the hours the workers work for the pay, over 60 hours weekly. The job did not look that stressful, but I interviewed with the area manager and she like me a lot. Next I interviewed with the VP of the region and he offered me a job.

Interview Questions

After careful consideration and being offered another entry level position for 45k/yr I declined the offer. The job seemed to demanding and difficult for upward mobility. Some say they have been working for a couple years in the same position, one lady has been there for 10 years!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Had the phone interview, it went great. Told them how competitive I am, how out going I am, how driven I am. Then I got the one on one interview. Went to the office, she greeted me and asked if she could take a minute to look over my resume. I obliged because one I had to, and two I figured it was a test for me to mingle with the Assistant Manager there. So we shot the breeze talked a little about the company, the process, then I knew that they wanted someone that could get along with co-workers and be social, so we talked sports and all that. I honestly thought that I would get the next round, but after two weeks of waiting and trying to get in touch with the lady, I finally received the email saying that they were moving on in a different direction. Honestly, I know it is not the greatest job, but I was really looking forward to finally getting a steady job with some kind of salary. It is the heart of the college recruiting season so I guess there are hoards of interviewees that they have. Oh well another day, another lack of a dollar.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for ERAC   1 Answer
    • What is your career goal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

First interview was a phone screen with a recruiter, she asked basic questions and then scheduled a time for us to meet in person for another interview. Second interview was 1 on 1 with the recruiter pretty much the same questions at the end she told me what salary would be plus benefits package. Third interview I was suppose to shadow a branch manager then interview with the district manager. When I showed up the branch manager just interviewed me while taking breaks to answer phones and such. Then the district manager came in and interviewed me. I tried to take notes but she told me to put my notepad away. She was pretty much talked me out of the job. She said I would move to four different location within the first year with no chance of better pay for at least a year. I told her I didn't have a car and she said I would need one after the first four months to do the job. Luckily I had another offer with a different company so I did not set up the final interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you sold to a customer who was reluctant and how did you turn them around?   Answer Question
    • If you are still in the same position this time next year, working long hours, low pay, on the bottom of the performance matrix why would you still want to work here?   Answer Question

Low pay, relocating 4 times within a year and long hours. Not to mention five interviews for a job that doesn't pay much is ridiculous. They might do well for you if you stick with them for five years but I would look elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was comfortable, the Recruiter was nice, and the work culture and people seemed nice. The questions were focused on past situations, the actions I took, and the results achieved. Be ready to answer questions about your leadership ability, a time when you had to motivate others, and your greatest leadership accomplishment.