Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.9

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2012.

Basic interview. Strengths/Weaknesses. Tell me about yourself. Situations in which you went above and beyond. What type of manager do you enjoy working for.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bridgeview, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeview, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2008.

Interview process consists of 3 interviews. All were in person. First interview is with the recruiter, 2nd at a branch, 3rd with Regional vice president. Questions were pretty standard. Want to know alot about how you are motivated and your ability to sell a product. You will start as a trainee and have to work your way up.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on the trainee salary

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2012.

First met with H.R recruiter. Liked me a lot and went onto to second interview. Second interview was at corporate offices with four people. Same exact questions as first interview. After the inteview I told them I was no longer interested in the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

ERAC called me up after seeing my resume on an online job site and asked me several questions about my post graduate plans. I told them I was interested in the job, but I was not impressed with the strict starting salary of 32k/yr even with extensive sales experience. However, I went in for the 1:1 interview with a young lady who was very cool and sold the job as well. I got excited and did some research on the company. The next interview was an observation and 1:1 with the area manager. I was not pleased with the hours the workers work for the pay, over 60 hours weekly. The job did not look that stressful, but I interviewed with the area manager and she like me a lot. Next I interviewed with the VP of the region and he offered me a job.

Interview Questions

After careful consideration and being offered another entry level position for 45k/yr I declined the offer. The job seemed to demanding and difficult for upward mobility. Some say they have been working for a couple years in the same position, one lady has been there for 10 years!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2011.

Had the phone interview, it went great. Told them how competitive I am, how out going I am, how driven I am. Then I got the one on one interview. Went to the office, she greeted me and asked if she could take a minute to look over my resume. I obliged because one I had to, and two I figured it was a test for me to mingle with the Assistant Manager there. So we shot the breeze talked a little about the company, the process, then I knew that they wanted someone that could get along with co-workers and be social, so we talked sports and all that. I honestly thought that I would get the next round, but after two weeks of waiting and trying to get in touch with the lady, I finally received the email saying that they were moving on in a different direction. Honestly, I know it is not the greatest job, but I was really looking forward to finally getting a steady job with some kind of salary. It is the heart of the college recruiting season so I guess there are hoards of interviewees that they have. Oh well another day, another lack of a dollar.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2009.

You first get an HR phone interview very basic (get to know type of questions). Then you have an in branch 30 min. watch and see what they do daily. After about 30 min. you have a branch manager and area manager interview with the basic situational questions takes 45 min. Then they will call you back to have your final interview with regional manager (RVP) you talk about the same stuff you did with HR and in branch interview. I was offered the job from him on the spot. You then have to attended a three day training class at the regional head quarters. Its a good job, but nothing most people stay at for to many years. They pay there asst managers and branch managers very well for renting cars. If you take the job all I would say is to stay with it until you at least become a asst manager. If you stay a year and quit before that promotion you are only showing future employers that you could make it there and if you do stay and make it, it will open many doors for you. Many companies think very highly of there program.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work in a team.... Tell me about a time you had to manage up (tell your boss he's in the wrong).................   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2011.

First interview was a phone screen with a recruiter, she asked basic questions and then scheduled a time for us to meet in person for another interview. Second interview was 1 on 1 with the recruiter pretty much the same questions at the end she told me what salary would be plus benefits package. Third interview I was suppose to shadow a branch manager then interview with the district manager. When I showed up the branch manager just interviewed me while taking breaks to answer phones and such. Then the district manager came in and interviewed me. I tried to take notes but she told me to put my notepad away. She was pretty much talked me out of the job. She said I would move to four different location within the first year with no chance of better pay for at least a year. I told her I didn't have a car and she said I would need one after the first four months to do the job. Luckily I had another offer with a different company so I did not set up the final interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when you sold to a customer who was reluctant and how did you turn them around?   Answer Question
    • If you are still in the same position this time next year, working long hours, low pay, on the bottom of the performance matrix why would you still want to work here?   Answer Question

Low pay, relocating 4 times within a year and long hours. Not to mention five interviews for a job that doesn't pay much is ridiculous. They might do well for you if you stick with them for five years but I would look elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2011.

The interview was comfortable, the Recruiter was nice, and the work culture and people seemed nice. The questions were focused on past situations, the actions I took, and the results achieved. Be ready to answer questions about your leadership ability, a time when you had to motivate others, and your greatest leadership accomplishment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2010.

They just asked you about your sales experience. They also ask you about what other job offers/interviews are you applying for.

Interview Questions
    They have a set starting salary that you can't negotiate

Car Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2008.

Very simple. I got the call to come in for an interview. I went in the following day, the interviewer asked basic questions on my experience and skills. I was then offered the job onsite. I then had to go to a corporate office to fill out papers and to receive my uniform shirts.