Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Downers Grove, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call to setup an interview the same day that I applied. Went to the initial interview with the recruiter in the corporate office. Pretty standard interview where do you see yourself in 5 years, behavioral questions about how you've handled various situations in your work experience, etc. After that interview I got a call back 2 days later to setup a 2nd interview and job shadow at a location closer to my home. Went into that location and met with the Branch Manager and the rest of the employees working that day learning about the software, what the day to day work is like, etc. After that I met with the Area Manager in which we had an interview that was about 45 minutes, same time as the first one and consisted of similar questions. The Area Manager told me that somebody would contact me within the week and nobody did. So, I sent my recruiter an email a week after the 2nd interview following up about it and they said I would not move on to the next step. All-in-all, I thought it was a pretty standard interview process. To be honest, I thought I did everything right and might have just gotten unlucky on the timing. Either way, it was a fairly positive experience and I would recommend it to fellow entry-level job seekers.

Anonymous Employee in South Suburban, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (South Suburban, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from the HR man for Chicago. He asked a few simple customer service questions and where do I want to be in five years. We set up and interview together a few days later. There I had a 30 minute interview and at the end of it he told me what I did wrong because he "liked me." I then had my next interview at an actual Enterprise location. I shadowed them for a half an hour, got a tour, and then had an interview with the woman who was the branch manager. I got by the end of the week from the original HR man who said he and the branch manager really liked me, but they were going with another candidate. He said they never call people to reject them, but he wanted to call me because he wanted me to apply again in six months.

Interview Questions

• What did you want to do before this? When was a time you were competitive? You don't seem like the type of person for this position. Prove to me I'm wrong.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Mount Prospect, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

simple short concise interview. The manager was courteous and informed me of the complete job requirements. I was asked if I had any questions. I had a few that she was able to answer to my satisfaction. She explained the background check and dmv process and I was hired on the spot .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to apply for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none min wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Start to finish it took a few weeks. Very easy interview questions. They want to know if you are a hard worker and can work well with others. Met with different levels of management and shadowed most of the people I would be working with. Easy to ask questions so make sure you have a number of important questions prepared for each interview.

Interview Questions

• When confronted with adversity in a business setting, how do you overcome it and give an example   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Recruited on campus... first round interview and then a final interview

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would change about this job or company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

First I was contacted for a phone interview. From that point there were three additional interviews. Once that was with the district recruiter, the next with the managers at the branch that I will be located and the other with the head of the district.

Interview Questions

The hours were too much for the amount getting paid. 49+ hour work week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Naperville, IL).

Interview

(THIS WAS FOR ILLINOIS, I MOVED LATER) 3-step process. 1st with recruiter, 2nd shadow/interview with area manager, 3rd with Regional Vice President.

Interview Questions

• You are about to open up a restaurant, it is the day before the grand opening. You have your wait staff, cooks, hosts and management in one room. Give me the speech you would give them to 1. motivate them to make money and 2. ensure excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, set pay for every management trainee.

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

I landed an interview by applying through my school's website. My first interview was business professional and I spoke with one of the recruiters. He spoke very fast and asked many questions. Furthermore, I was expected to ask questions about the company as well. I'm glad I prepared three different questions because he was definitely impressed. My second interview was at a branch near my house. It was with the area manager. It was a lot shorter and relaxed. We talked about many of the same things I did in the first interview. He then told me that he would contact me about the decision within a few weeks. About 3 weeks later I got an offer and accepted it.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Basic interview. Strengths/Weaknesses. Tell me about yourself. Situations in which you went above and beyond. What type of manager do you enjoy working for.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

First met with H.R recruiter. Liked me a lot and went onto to second interview. Second interview was at corporate offices with four people. Same exact questions as first interview. After the inteview I told them I was no longer interested in the position.