Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions in Detroit, MI

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Farmington Hills, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I was told that it would be a five part process, however I only made it to the third part. I had to fill out the application, which was considered the first part. The second part was an over the phone interview and following that interview I was set up for an in person interview. The in person interview was located about an hour and a half from my home address. My interview appointment was set for about 9:30 in the morning, so I had to leave from my house at around 7:45 AM in order to make it there on time. The interview was pretty standard, I got asked the familiar questions. Obviously this company is looking for employees that can talk about "winning" against competition. I answered all of the questions that were thrown at me, very openly and candidly. The person interviewing me was not someone that you could really connect with. Clearly, he was a business professional with no actual human emotions. He wanted me to answer the questions in a certain way, particular to the way that he would have answered the questions. There was no room for error, you had to match exactly what he wanted you to say. I ended up getting turned down for the next part of the interview process after having to wait a full 48 hours to hear back from the Manager I had interviewed with. He was too self-involved and I can honestly say that I've had better interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• This is a very competitive work environment. Can you tell me of a time that you had to face competition in a work atmosphere.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

It starts off with a phone interview. This process is very basic as the HR person just fills you in with the position requirements and what is expected. If they like you, you will be asked to have an in-person interview at their regional office. In the in-person interview, the questions are also pretty basic, such as "Tell me a time when...". The requirements for this position include basic and short term customer service experience. I more than qualified for this area, but in the end I was told they decided to go with someone with more experience, after being told I had plenty.

Interview Questions

• What are the top three things you are looking for in a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romulus, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Romulus, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a short phone interview with recruiter and she asked to have an in-person interview. Interview took about 30 minutes, she asked basic questions like why I wanted to work for Enterprise and why I was interested in the Sales Management Trainee position. All of questions on experience with customer service and doing things you don't want to do at work. Still waiting to hear back from recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a competitive environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romulus, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Romulus, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a confirmation email November 27, 2014. Within a week I was contacted via phone by the HR recruiter and she reviewed my resume and application with me. She told me a little more about the position and who they are looking for. At the end of the conversation she notified me that they would like to interview me on December 9th. I received a confirmation email about the time, date and location on December 5th. I showed up 10 minutes early with resume and cover letter in hand and met up with the recruiter. We talked for about a half an hour about my job experiences, future plans, why ERAC and so on. The interview questions I dont remember specifically but are along the lines of times I had to be in a leadership role, time you had to convince someone that your idea was better, time you had a disagreement in the workplace and how it was resolved and questions similar in nature. After the interview she notified me that I would here from her in a week. The following Monday I received an email stating that "we have made an evaluation of the answers you gave during the interview and, after careful consideration, we are unable to offer you a further interview at this time"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Farmington Hills, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, heard from the recruiter within 5 days. Got my first interview within 8 days of hearing from them. I went to a corporate head quarters fully prepared for the interview. The recruiter asked me questions for about 45 minutes to an hour. After the interview I questioned him for about 15 minutes on the company. I felt everything went really well. I none of the questions really stumped me. I heard back from them via email the following monday and they informed me they were going to go in a different direction. Which was fine, it was my first interview after college. Good experience over all.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a tough customer. And how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Detroit, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

I went to the website and filled out an application. Next I received a call from a very sweet recruiter who emailed a skills/IQ/personality test. After that was completed I was offered and invitation for an interview that lasted about 45 minutes. I was then offered another interview with a hiring manager. That interview was a little over an hour and everyone was extremely nice. I was sent an email to authorize an Employment verification and background check along with a computer scan. Once everything checked out and was passed I was called an offered the position. I gladly excepted!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No there wasn't because I was happy with the salary they offered me.

Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Detroit, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

It went quickly for me it was not a long process about two weeks max I know others it takes a lot longer I just got lucky. Normally I heard it can take about 30 days for the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why is customer service important?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Detroit, MI).

Interview

phone int. in person, branch visit, int with vp

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Detroit, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy, was recruited straight out of college. You just have to have a good driving record and a out-going personality pretty much. Do not have to have a business degree, they pride themselves on customer service, so bring energy. Also sales will get you to the top quickly and leadership ability.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Enterprise?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Farmington Hills, MI).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Conducted a phone interview was asked about previous work ecperience, why I would want to work at Enterprise, and how would I be a good fit. Was called into headquarters for a series of several face to face interviews. Finally, conducted a branch observation interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you overcame a difficult obstacle./ customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.