Enterprise Rent-A-Car Enterprise Rent A Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Plattsburgh, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Plattsburgh, NY).

Interview

Made me drive about 6 hours all together for two of the four interviews. One included a $15 ferry. Last interview was very unorganized, they didn't know I didn't have much sales experience and didn't like that but all the other three interviewers knew this and passed me on. Drove two and a half hours away from the area where I was interviewing for in a snow storm for the last interview and they were late! They didn't know who I interviewed with. Were very rude and mean. WORST company I have ever interviewed with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Fairfield, CT) in July 2011.

Interview

Just want to say make sure you make a list of all the questions people listed here and be ready to have examples. Furthermore, be prepared to be interrupted while giving examples and be prompted to do on the go role playing. I have my last and 3rd in person interview tomorrow with the regional vice president. I am preparing to talk about my career aspirations and prove to them I am serious about joining Enterprise and specifically why. First time in my life have interviewers easily believed me that I am hard working and dedicated. The real challenge is proving to them I can think on my toes and respond under pressure. Lastly, don't say anything that can be taken negatively. You can't show them that you have ever thought twice about doing anything in life. You can't show them that you aren't an aggressive sales person. They will take simple examples you give and turn them against you. So be prepared! Have at least 3 examples for all the major questions listed on this website. Have a solid reason for joining enterprise. Make sure you wear a suit to the interview and take a deep breath and be confident. The reason they are testing you so hard is because the interview process is equivalent to training. They know you are fresh out of college with limited work experience and they want to see if you have it in you to analyze your experiences and figure out your flaws and improve them.

Interview Questions

• How was college? Would you have done anything differently?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Denver, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

I was called for an interview, the interviewer had a busy schedule and I felt a little rushed to answer the questions quickly rather than have a second to think over my response.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Columbus, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter the next day. The initial interview was held over the phone with the area recruiter. She asked several questions about my background and resume, and asked why I was interested in the position at Enterprise. The next week I was invited in for a one on one interview with the same recruiter. She asked several behavioral questions and inquired about my sales abilities and experience. I have little sales experience (at least no directly measurable experience) so I did my best to exaggerate my abilities. Overall, the recruiter was cheerful, genuinely interested, albeit incredibly robotic. After my face-to-face interview I did not hear back from the recruiter for several days, so I called her to figure out where I stood in the interview process. She apologized for not getting back to me and told me that she wanted to set up another interview, this time at a local branch. This interview lasted roughly 3 hours and consisted of a period of observation and two interviews; one with the area manager and the other with the branch manager. I interviewed with the area manager first. He was very nice, was genuinely interested in my responses and asked almost the exact same questions as the recruiter during the previous interview. Then, I met with the area manager. He was not as easy-going and friendly as the area manager, but was still a good guy. He asked the exact same questions as the area manager. Overall, I left the interview thinking that I had the job already. A few days later, I got an impersonal email from the original recruiter stating that I had not been selected for the position. After responding to her and the branch manager, I was told that I hadn't shown enough desire to succeed in a sales environment. The branch manager ultimately made the call and after thinking back about my time with him, I now realize how much he emphasized a need to succeed and compete. Having said that, I would suggest EMPHASIZING YOUR DESIRE TO SUCCEED IN SALES, as well as PROVING YOUR SALES ABILITIES in you already have sales experience. I did the best I could to prove that I'm a customer-focused, generally intelligent person, but they didn't want me because I don't have sales experience.

Interview Questions

• What was your most satisfying sale?   1 Answer
    • How have you turned a bad situation into a good one?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Ithaca, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

interview questions asked if had any sales experience why you would be a good fit for this position how competitive are you one a scale of 1-10 asked for a specific time you failed at something asked for a specific time you sold someone on an idea or product also wanted to get to know you asking about your interests

Interview Questions

• specific example of when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

low pay for a college educated individual 12/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Charlotte, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied on line for the Management Training program. This involved taking a skills test online. I then received an email within three days from a recruiter inviting me to take part in a phone interview with her. This first interview was short, under five minutes, and she verified that I understood what the job entailed. She informed me she would pass me onto the next round. Round two consisted of a face to face interview at the regional office. This interview was about an hour long and the interviewer asked tough questions about sales ability, customer service skills, leadership skills, and my professional goals. Questions also included why I wanted to work for Enterprise, and the types of things that motivate me. It's key that you say you love to be judged based on performance and you're competitive and outgoing. At this point, I moved to the third round, which was a visit to a local branch. Here, I observed the branch employees and talked to them for an hour about their jobs. The second hour involved an interview with the branch manager and the area manager. This interview felt informal and lasted about 15 minutes. I was then passed onto the fourth round. The final round was an interview with the regional vice president. He asked questions that I has already answered in previous rounds. After this round, I received an email about consenting to a background and credit check. One day later I was offered the job and accepted. It's crucial you have good questions for each interviewer, that you smile, and have an air of confidence about you the entire time. That's what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Enterprise at this point in your career? (I was changing careers)   3 Answers

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation. They tell you during the first round interview that the salary is fixed at $31,500 plus benefits, but you have the ability to rise through the ranks quickly if you perform.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Melbourne, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

This was a total and complete waste of my time. They have a 4 or 5 stage interview process and they takes WEEKS to call you back in for the next interview. It was absolutely ridiculous how cheap and expendable they made me feel, as if my time was worth nothing.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

The first interview was brief and informative. I went into the corporate office and spoke with someone for about 30-40 minutes. After that, I moved on the the second round which consisted of visiting a nearby branch to speak with the assistant manager and get a feel for what they do day to day. Then the second round interview was the next week at the corporate office again. They were thorough and detailed about the interview process and informative about the work I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Enterprise when you don't come from a sales background?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

Was not satisfied. The sales managers acted like they were not interested in you at all.

Interview Questions

Read alot of reviews online that talked negatively about their experience at the company. Decided not to waste my time

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Kennewick, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

I have only completed a phone interview thus far. This interview consisted of explaining the extensive 46 hour average work week, the 31,500 pay and next steps in the interviewing process.