Enterprise Rent-A-Car Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Interview

Three interviews, no curveballs in the process. Very focused on the attitude and personality of the candidate. Very focused on competitiveness, looking to hire people they think fit their system, rather than stop gaps.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how competitive would you say you are?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

phone interview then interview with area manager. Area manager is tough and wants to make sure you can do the tasks of this job. Be confident in yourself and always answer with certainty

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to set up a time for a phone interview within 3 days. The phone interview took less than 10 minutes and asked questions about sales positions I've held. An in-person interview was scheduled at the end of the phone interview. Two weeks later, I interviewed with this location's recruiter at their regional office. The interviewer went down my resume and asked about each aspect of it (tell me about yourself, why did you choose this college, what was your favorite course, tell me about sales experience you may have had, why should we hire you). The interviewer was nice and answered all my questions. I was not contacted for a third interview, but the experience was pleasant overall.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Very relaxed first interview. Immediately went on to the second interview (which I have next week), which is a visit to the office. Everyone I have met so far is incredibly friendly, and I am looking forward to the next interview. i have heard there are three interviews total until a decision is made.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any difficult questions- all very generic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Newark, DE) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was done through my school. I met the recruiter who was very stiff and did not really make me feel comfortable. She asked all the basic STAR questions, but then also asked typical customer service questions. Had to answer typical questions like tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer, and then kept wanting more examples. Very hard selection process

Interview Questions

• What other companies am I applying to for internships?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, beginning on the phone, followed by one at a regional branch with the regional branch manager, then a local branch with its respective branch manager. The company does all hiring from within so most roles are entry level for interviews, as I recall (this was over 2 years back).

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were straightforward, nothing unexpected and as long as you consider yourself decent-to-good at interviews and have sufficient credentials and personality, you should fit.   Answer Question

Better opportunity arose.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (New Haven, CT).

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail from a recruiter about a month later (so don't get discouraged if they don't respond right away!). The phone interview included standard sales questions as well as any moving violations and/or accidents you were involved in. The interview lasted about 20 minutes (they allot 30 minutes but it really shouldn't take that long as they don't ask you if you have any questions for them). Upon completion of the interview, the recruiter invited me to come out to headquarters and meet with the branch manager that I would be working at. I interviewed on a Thursday and the final interview was a week later (on a Saturday at headquarters). Like I said, I met with the branch manager for an interview, but beforehand, all the interviewees sat in a conference room with the talent acquisition manager and he gave a presentation on the company, the internship program, and then we sat and watched commercials until it was our turn to meet with the branch manager. They called our name as well as the name of the specific branch manager we would be working with and we went with them to his/her office. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• In the phone interview, they ask many sales-based questions like name a time when you gave exceptional customer service, name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, name a time when you convinced someone to do something they didn't want to do, name a time when you motivated others, a time when you successfully made sales. At the headquarters interview the questions included: what is the accomplishment that makes you the most proud, successfully made sales, motivated others, taken a leadership role -- very similar to questions asked during the phone interview but a little more in depth. Here, they are definitely looking for people who want to work there long-term. When they ask if you have any questions for them, be sure to think long term. To give you a rundown on numbers: 400 people were interviewed on the phone, 40 were chosen to come to headquarters, and 10 were offered the intern position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the start date, but hourly salary is definitely not negotiable. It's a great experience and you should be very excited if you are offered a position as this position is extremely competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was easy and laid back, they make it comforting easy to talk to them. I sat in a room with the branch manager and area manager and they asked me a few questions and told me what to expect if I was to get hired. As an intern you are considered full time working between 47-50 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• They asked, "give us a time where you had to sell something to someone who previously said no".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Bloomington, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

This was an informational interview.

Interview Questions

• As this was an informational interview, I asked the questions. They were very polite and answered every question with a smile.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Phone interview was easy. The first interview was easy as well. Offered other locations as well.