Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details – This was an informational interview.

Interview Question – As this was an informational interview, I asked the questions. They were very polite and answered every question with a smile.   Answer Question

New Haven, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an e-mail from a recruiter about a month later (so don't get discouraged if they don't respond right away!). The phone interview included standard sales questions as well as any moving violations and/or accidents you were involved in. The interview lasted about 20 minutes (they allot 30 minutes but it really shouldn't take that long as they don't ask you if you have any questions for them). Upon completion of the interview, the recruiter invited me to come out to headquarters and meet with the branch manager that I would be working at. I interviewed on a Thursday and the final interview was a week later (on a Saturday at headquarters).

Like I said, I met with the branch manager for an interview, but beforehand, all the interviewees sat in a conference room with the talent acquisition manager and he gave a presentation on the company, the internship program, and then we sat and watched commercials until it was our turn to meet with the branch manager. They called our name as well as the name of the specific branch manager we would be working with and we went with them to his/her office. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – In the phone interview, they ask many sales-based questions like name a time when you gave exceptional customer service, name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, name a time when you convinced someone to do something they didn't want to do, name a time when you motivated others, a time when you successfully made sales.

At the headquarters interview the questions included: what is the accomplishment that makes you the most proud, successfully made sales, motivated others, taken a leadership role -- very similar to questions asked during the phone interview but a little more in depth.
Here, they are definitely looking for people who want to work there long-term. When they ask if you have any questions for them, be sure to think long term.

To give you a rundown on numbers: 400 people were interviewed on the phone, 40 were chosen to come to headquarters, and 10 were offered the intern position.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the start date, but hourly salary is definitely not negotiable. It's a great experience and you should be very excited if you are offered a position as this position is extremely competitive.

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Phone interview was easy. The first interview was easy as well. Offered other locations as well.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Savannah, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through internships.com and a few weeks later I had an initial phone interview with an HR employee which lasted 20-30 minutes and was asked very basic questions basically do you speak English and have a clean driving record. I was invited to have second interview with the same person I spoke to over the phone and an office manager for about 30 minutes each in the area I was going to work. These questions were very basic and just seeing if you were interested in the job. After this I was invited to a final interview with the area sales manager and basically just got to know each other. I was offered the position a few days later over the phone.

Interview Question – Name a time where you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Plano, TX

I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a campus recruiter. The first step was a phone interview which was basic questions and asked alot about my sales experience. Then if they like you, the next step is an in person interview with an area manager. It was basically a 2 hour beatdown.

San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through the website portal and was contacted by a Talent Acquisition Specialist.

Interview Question – The questions were all fair. One might be to describe a time when you had to handle an unsatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, just sign here and there. They placed me in a location close to my apartment.

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

Interview Details – There was a phone screen and then a behavioral interview. Customer service is really important to Enterprise no matter what position you have at the company, so a lot of the questions focused on experience I had with customers.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when a customer was unhappy and you had to make them happy.   Answer Question

Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

Interview Details – Was nice and easy just be confident and professional.

Interview Question – Will you stay on for 2 years at least.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was not interested in sales as the only avenue to move up within the company.

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – It started with a phone interview then I had two in person interviews. First one was in depth and asked a lot of thinking questions. The last one, with the region manager was easy and only asked to tell me about myself.

Interview Question – What is your biggest accomplishment besides college?   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called by a talent acquisition manager. The interview process was a total of 3 interviews, 1 phone interview, 1 with HR, and 1 with an area manager. The questions were mainly behavioral and they wanted to see confident and bubbly personalities. Overall it was an easy experience.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress/ difficult customers   Answer Question

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!