Enterprise Rent-A-Car Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.5

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Applied online and received an email to set up a time for a phone interview within 3 days. The phone interview took less than 10 minutes and asked questions about sales positions I've held. An in-person interview was scheduled at the end of the phone interview. Two weeks later, I interviewed with this location's recruiter at their regional office. The interviewer went down my resume and asked about each aspect of it (tell me about yourself, why did you choose this college, what was your favorite course, tell me about sales experience you may have had, why should we hire you). The interviewer was nice and answered all my questions. I was not contacted for a third interview, but the experience was pleasant overall.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Very relaxed first interview. Immediately went on to the second interview (which I have next week), which is a visit to the office. Everyone I have met so far is incredibly friendly, and I am looking forward to the next interview. i have heard there are three interviews total until a decision is made.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult questions- all very generic.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Three rounds of interviews, beginning on the phone, followed by one at a regional branch with the regional branch manager, then a local branch with its respective branch manager. The company does all hiring from within so most roles are entry level for interviews, as I recall (this was over 2 years back).

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were straightforward, nothing unexpected and as long as you consider yourself decent-to-good at interviews and have sufficient credentials and personality, you should fit.   Answer Question

Better opportunity arose.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Applied online and received an e-mail from a recruiter about a month later (so don't get discouraged if they don't respond right away!). The phone interview included standard sales questions as well as any moving violations and/or accidents you were involved in. The interview lasted about 20 minutes (they allot 30 minutes but it really shouldn't take that long as they don't ask you if you have any questions for them). Upon completion of the interview, the recruiter invited me to come out to headquarters and meet with the branch manager that I would be working at. I interviewed on a Thursday and the final interview was a week later (on a Saturday at headquarters).

Like I said, I met with the branch manager for an interview, but beforehand, all the interviewees sat in a conference room with the talent acquisition manager and he gave a presentation on the company, the internship program, and then we sat and watched commercials until it was our turn to meet with the branch manager. They called our name as well as the name of the specific branch manager we would be working with and we went with them to his/her office. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • In the phone interview, they ask many sales-based questions like name a time when you gave exceptional customer service, name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, name a time when you convinced someone to do something they didn't want to do, name a time when you motivated others, a time when you successfully made sales.

At the headquarters interview the questions included: what is the accomplishment that makes you the most proud, successfully made sales, motivated others, taken a leadership role -- very similar to questions asked during the phone interview but a little more in depth.
      Here, they are definitely looking for people who want to work there long-term. When they ask if you have any questions for them, be sure to think long term.

To give you a rundown on numbers: 400 people were interviewed on the phone, 40 were chosen to come to headquarters, and 10 were offered the intern position.

View Answer
    I was able to negotiate the start date, but hourly salary is definitely not negotiable. It's a great experience and you should be very excited if you are offered a position as this position is extremely competitive.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

This was an informational interview.

Interview Questions
    • As this was an informational interview, I asked the questions. They were very polite and answered every question with a smile.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Phone interview was easy. The first interview was easy as well. Offered other locations as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

I was contacted by a campus recruiter. The first step was a phone interview which was basic questions and asked alot about my sales experience. Then if they like you, the next step is an in person interview with an area manager. It was basically a 2 hour beatdown.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2013.

I applied online through the website portal and was contacted by a Talent Acquisition Specialist.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all fair. One might be to describe a time when you had to handle an unsatisfied customer.   Answer Question
    There was none, just sign here and there. They placed me in a location close to my apartment.

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

It started with a phone interview then I had two in person interviews. First one was in depth and asked a lot of thinking questions. The last one, with the region manager was easy and only asked to tell me about myself.

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

1st Interview: Phone interview with junior HR member in regional headquarters. Informal and mostly informational. Hardest question: Are you willing to dress professionally for this job?

2nd Interview: In-person interview with HR manager in regional headquarters. Questions focus on explaining how competitive you are, what you believe makes you competitive, do you believe you are the best, what makes you the best, so on.

3rd Interview: In-person interview with Branch manager you are applying for and district manager that your branch falls in. Questions focus on what good leadership is, what makes a good salesman, how to take rejection and so on. Very friendly, not stressful, and somewhat informal.

No negotiations