Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – 1st Interview: Phone interview with junior HR member in regional headquarters. Informal and mostly informational. Hardest question: Are you willing to dress professionally for this job?

2nd Interview: In-person interview with HR manager in regional headquarters. Questions focus on explaining how competitive you are, what you believe makes you competitive, do you believe you are the best, what makes you the best, so on.

3rd Interview: In-person interview with Branch manager you are applying for and district manager that your branch falls in. Questions focus on what good leadership is, what makes a good salesman, how to take rejection and so on. Very friendly, not stressful, and somewhat informal.

Interview Question – What makes a good manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Phone interview 1st. Invited to in person interview with HR employee. Overall good experience. They ask a lot of questions on what motivates you to succeed. I.e. they want to know you can sell and be a top seller.

Interview Question – Why would you turn a customer away?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They told me what my hourly wage would be.

Newark, NJ

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – First is a phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes. I was asked:

how I handled a disgruntled customer
if I had sales experience and give a time where I had to persuade someone to do something at my job
what kind of leadership skills I have
a time where I had to lead a team
why I wanted to work at Enterprise
how I heard about the job
3 strengths

They want very specific answers so don't give something broad.

After the phone interview, I was told I would get a phone call to set up an in person interview with the same recruiter.

Interview Question – All these questions were expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Summer internship, no negotiation

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Had one interview at my school and was asked to have a second interview at a site.

Interview Question – Tell us a time a customer was unhappy and what did you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had better offers

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2012.

Interview Details – So Enterprise came to recruit at my university and they had some internship oportunities so I applied. First of all you need to impress the recruiter for an interview. If you do well enough here then the rest of the process is easy. The recruiter becomes your friend. You interview with them once to make sure you qualify and make sure you are not telling lies. Once you pass the first interview they send you to observe a branch and interview there with the branch manager and the area manager. This one here you really need to make an impression. Just be outgoing and be ready to answer questions relating to customer service and sales.

Interview Question – They asked me what is the absolute ONE thing you believe you are THE best at. One thing that nobody else is better than you at. I found this question really hard for myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Started off with phone interview with questions on current major, career path, and also previous work experience. It was very well organized. From there, you get a face to face interview with an employer from Human Resources. They ask similar questions, while also giving a detailed description of what the internship would entail. After that, the final interview takes place with the regional manager.

Interview Question – Give an example of handling a difficult customer while holding a guest relations job.   Answer Question

Mesquite, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was overall a good experience. I first interviewed with an HR rep on the for about half an hour. She was really nice and professional. The questions were easy and consisted of basic personality questions. three days later I met with the Area Manager and I can tell he was impressed with the research I had done about the company. Examples: I knew the name of the CEO, how much the company made, and how many employees the company had. There were two other guys ahead of me that were aiming for the same position, but he seemed to like me much more than the others because he offered me the job during the interview. Advice: use your business knowledge (what you learned in class). They expect you to be knowledgeable about the general business model. This is probably why the others got such bad treatment. Be ready!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None, told me it was a base hourly wage.

Very Easy Interview

Orem, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email through my Career Services department at school that there were interviews scheduled for a couple days from then. I emailed my resume to the recruiter and was able to sign up for an interview. At the corporate office I met with a lady who asked me behavioral type based questions and seemed to be impressed. She took me to a waiting room with some breakfast items and gave me some things to read while I waited for a second interview. I next met with a Group Rental Manager and we talked about tennis. He told me I would be a great fit in the organization and he would call the Area Manager and schedule me for an interview in the city where I wanted to work. A few days later I received a call and scheduled a time to meet with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. They asked me a few questions and allowed me to observe the workplace for an hour and let me ask questions of the other employees. It seemed pretty busy but everyone seemed to get along and have a pretty good time. I would recommend being personable in the interview because that is the #1 skill that will translate to the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever washed a car?   View Answer
  • Describe a time when you encountered an unfriendly/angry/upset customer and what you did to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. For an internship they have a set pay structure and have been doing it for a while.

South Jordan, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2011.

Interview Details – I talked to them at a career fair and was invited to a preliminary interview with the local recruiter. I was asked to bring my resume, and after the first interview, they asked me to formally apply. There were two more interviews after that, with higher levels of management. The interviews themselves were behavioral interviews, and they were definitely looking for positivity, sales experience, and an attitude of service. The interviews were one-on-one or two-on-one, and very comfortable.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer and what was the outcome of the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for this particular position. All of the interns are paid exactly the same hourly rate, and this was made clear in the preliminary interview.

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email after I submitted my application. It told me to set up a time for a phone interview. A manager called me, asked me like seriously 2 questions about why I want to work there and where I think I'll be in 5 years. Oh, and about my customer service/sales experience. I had one more phone interview I think. Then I got invited to "Intern Day". It was awesome. Managers paired us off and took us to lunch. We spent all day just talking and visiting the stores that I would be working at in my area. Then 2 managers interviewed us one by one in the store. Really relaxed, laid back interview. We returned to the first store and concluded with snacks. It was the most fun interview I've ever been to even though I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Have you ever held a job in which your sales quotas were tracked and displayed?   Answer Question