Enterprise Rent-A-Car Intern Interview Questions

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

First is a phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes. I was asked:

how I handled a disgruntled customer
if I had sales experience and give a time where I had to persuade someone to do something at my job
what kind of leadership skills I have
a time where I had to lead a team
why I wanted to work at Enterprise
how I heard about the job
3 strengths

They want very specific answers so don't give something broad.

After the phone interview, I was told I would get a phone call to set up an in person interview with the same recruiter.

Summer internship, no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Had one interview at my school and was asked to have a second interview at a site.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time a customer was unhappy and what did you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Had better offers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Started off with phone interview with questions on current major, career path, and also previous work experience. It was very well organized. From there, you get a face to face interview with an employer from Human Resources. They ask similar questions, while also giving a detailed description of what the internship would entail. After that, the final interview takes place with the regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of handling a difficult customer while holding a guest relations job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2012.

So Enterprise came to recruit at my university and they had some internship oportunities so I applied. First of all you need to impress the recruiter for an interview. If you do well enough here then the rest of the process is easy. The recruiter becomes your friend. You interview with them once to make sure you qualify and make sure you are not telling lies. Once you pass the first interview they send you to observe a branch and interview there with the branch manager and the area manager. This one here you really need to make an impression. Just be outgoing and be ready to answer questions relating to customer service and sales.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what is the absolute ONE thing you believe you are THE best at. One thing that nobody else is better than you at. I found this question really hard for myself.   Answer Question
    none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2012.

It was overall a good experience. I first interviewed with an HR rep on the for about half an hour. She was really nice and professional. The questions were easy and consisted of basic personality questions. three days later I met with the Area Manager and I can tell he was impressed with the research I had done about the company. Examples: I knew the name of the CEO, how much the company made, and how many employees the company had. There were two other guys ahead of me that were aiming for the same position, but he seemed to like me much more than the others because he offered me the job during the interview. Advice: use your business knowledge (what you learned in class). They expect you to be knowledgeable about the general business model. This is probably why the others got such bad treatment. Be ready!

Interview Questions
    None, told me it was a base hourly wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2012.

I applied online and was called by a talent acquisition manager. The interview process was a total of 3 interviews, 1 phone interview, 1 with HR, and 1 with an area manager. The questions were mainly behavioral and they wanted to see confident and bubbly personalities. Overall it was an easy experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

There was a phone screen and then a behavioral interview. Customer service is really important to Enterprise no matter what position you have at the company, so a lot of the questions focused on experience I had with customers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when a customer was unhappy and you had to make them happy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

I applied through internships.com and a few weeks later I had an initial phone interview with an HR employee which lasted 20-30 minutes and was asked very basic questions basically do you speak English and have a clean driving record. I was invited to have second interview with the same person I spoke to over the phone and an office manager for about 30 minutes each in the area I was going to work. These questions were very basic and just seeing if you were interested in the job. After this I was invited to a final interview with the area sales manager and basically just got to know each other. I was offered the position a few days later over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

It took them a month to reply back to my application and they emailed me first saying they were interested so I should give them a call to set up the phone interview. So I had the phone interview with the recruiter and it was really brief, she just went through my resume and asked me some basic questions. And then she invited me for an in person interview. So the 2nd interview was with the recruiter and she let me know more about the company and asked some simple interview questions. It's mainly focused on customer service and sales. I was then invited to a 3rd interview on the spot with the area manager of the branch I would be located at. I went to that interview but the area manager was busy so I was interviewed by the branch manager. Again, it was similar questions to the ones that were asked by the recruiter. I received an offer two weeks after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2011.

I received an email after I submitted my application. It told me to set up a time for a phone interview. A manager called me, asked me like seriously 2 questions about why I want to work there and where I think I'll be in 5 years. Oh, and about my customer service/sales experience. I had one more phone interview I think. Then I got invited to "Intern Day". It was awesome. Managers paired us off and took us to lunch. We spent all day just talking and visiting the stores that I would be working at in my area. Then 2 managers interviewed us one by one in the store. Really relaxed, laid back interview. We returned to the first store and concluded with snacks. It was the most fun interview I've ever been to even though I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever held a job in which your sales quotas were tracked and displayed?   Answer Question