Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
1,462 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Wilton, CT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone and asked about moving violations, what I considered good customer service, etc.

Then I did an in-person interview. Things went south very quickly. The interviewer constantly tried to "fact check" my examples, and claimed I was lying in at least 2 situations. He also was very confrontational throughout the interview, telling me that my examples weren't good enough and that other candidates were much better than I was. I am a graduate of a highly ranked university with countless internships, jobs, and high grades. He continued to nitpick and try to make me feel that my experiences were not valid in any way, and then decided to tell me that he didn't think I would do a good job. He asked me if I felt I was persuasive. When I said yes, he laughed in my face. Then he yawned and started texting on his iPhone. I wish I were making this up, but I truly had the worst interview experience I have ever had in my life.

At the end, it was time for me to ask questions. I asked him about the negative online reviews, how even got to his position, and why he thought pitting 5 trainees against one another for one management spot was conducive to a productive environment. By the end of this, he was very uncomfortable.

He then proceeded to ask me about the other jobs I was applying to. I listed several of the high-profile organizations I had applied to and have interviews scheduled with. He seemed to get even more uncomfortable and again tried to "catch" me lying. Then he showed me the door.

I applied to this program because I wasn't afraid of hard work and I knew I could do it, despite all the negative reviews I had read on here. The sheer rudeness and contempt I was met with from the minute I walked in the door was so shocking that I don't think I could ever work for this company. I'm a quality, highly educated, and experienced candidate who has done successfully in many other job interviews. I was well dressed, groomed, and very well prepared. There was nothing that warranted this kind of treatment and I am disgusted that I was called in simply to be his personal punching bag for an hour.

Interview Questions

• I interview 100 people in a month. Guess how many I choose?   View Answer
  • There are people who come in here with multiple leadership experiences, clubs, sports etc. ... and then there's you. With nothing. Why should I even pick you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Being treated how I was in the interview was inexcusable. I understand paying your dues and earning the respect of others, but I was treated so poorly that I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like working there.

Management Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – 4 separate interviews. Each one hirer up in company in your area. Get to shadow an office which is nice to see if the job will actually be a good fit for you.

Interview Question – A lot of questions about sales, very sales oriented. Also where do you see yourself in 5 years type questions because they look to promote within more.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – salary, and seemed hardcore sales which I can do I just did not want to be in that position for 2 years at that salary. I was already 1 year out of college doing something similar with same pay in a more relaxed atmosphere, eventually got promoted at that company.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details – A phone screening interview, followed by three interviews. First with HR, second with a district manager, then the third with the area manager at a corporate location. The phone interview just asked basic questions to make sure that you know what you applied for and are somewhat qualified. Then you meet with that same HR rep in person and they go into detail about your resume and what to expect. After that they set up a meeting with the district manager where you shadow workers from a branch then have a brief interview to talk about what you learned and ask a few more customer-oriented questions. The final interview with corporate is where I made it to. I was asked a lot of questions relating to going above and beyond for customers and times I dealt with difficult customers. In the end, I was not offered the position.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer

Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of initial phone interview followed by three in-person interviews.

The phone interview was very much a standard. Who are you? How did you find out about Enterprise? What's your history? etc...

The first in-person interview was with the same person. It a little over an hour long. Questions were along the lines of using examples in the past to show how you solved problems, etc..

The second interview was with the Area Manager and one of the branch managers. This person wanted to see personality.

The third interview was with the Regional Vice-President. This person really wanted to make sure I was a good fit, questioning anything that might not line up, or just going into further detal.

It took about 10 days to get a response after that.

Interview Question – What am I most proud of?   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2010.

Interview Details – First step is a phone interview just to make sure you are well spoken and upbeat. The recruiter will ask you about yourself and your resume and explain a little bit about the training program they offer. If they like you they will invite you for a face-to-face interview with the same recruiter at one of the regional offices. He/she will ask you some behavioral questions and run you through the average day-to-day tasks that an MT will be responsible for. Have strong examples of previous times you have sold something, provided great service, lead a team, and sacrificed something in your personal life to achieve a goal. Also, do some research about the company before your interview and come prepared with questions. If you get through that, the next interview is very similar but more in depth with the behavioral questions. You will do that interview at an actual office with an area manager. They will usually have you do 15 minutes of branch observation so you can see how it looks/feels inside the actual branch. The final stage if you get through that is to meet with the Regional VP or the Regional Rental Manager. Usually the area manager has already made up his/her mind about whether they want to hire you or not, but the RVP/RRM will ultimately make the final decision. Overall, the interviews are very similar. Have good examples and look sharp. Guys, be 100% clean shaven.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to persuade someone to do something. Name a time you went above and beyond for a job/club/class. Give me an example of a time you had to sacrifice something in your personal life in order to get a job done. Are you okay with working Sat/Sun?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all.

Management Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional. I thought I'd be doing real-time work, but it ended up being sales calls and playing receptionist. They walked me around the facility and I wasn't impressed. It seemed that the other interns that were working there were very stressed and that it was going to be very different from what I expected. In addition, I would be calling, driving cars out to clients (something I didn't think fit the description), and a variety of other random tasks. This wasn't for me and they weren't going to pay enough either.

Interview Question – They just asked about my background, nothing too difficult. Strengths, weaknesses, and everything along those lines.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined this offer because it wasn't going to give me the real experience I wanted. I'll be a senior this fall and wanted something that I could see myself doing and working after college.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – HR seemed a bit disorganized; that, plus the technical difficulties with the Enterprise email system resulted in a very haphazard experience. Directions supplied by HR to facility did not include the route that I needed.

Interview Question – Outside of work, what is done to keep current?   Answer Question

Work From Home Rental Reservation Interview

Work From Home Rental Reservation
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and received an email about a week and a half later prompting me to take an online assessment. A week later I received an email telling me I was moving on in the hiring process and that I would be receiving a call to schedule an interview. My first interview was for the following week. It was about 15-20 minutes long. At the end of the interview I set up my next interview date with the recruiter. My second interview was longer (about 35 minutes). I was asked the typical situational questions that are asked for customer service jobs. At the end of the interview the recruiter forwarded me a link for a background check. The background check cleared about a week later and I was offered the job.

Interview Question – What would you do if your internet stopped working? How do you work under minimal supervision?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Got an email, Did a test online that lasted over two hours. Practice in customer service situations with their software. then a phone call interview which lasted about 30 minutes. Then a second interview on another phone call which was over an hour. Told I would find out within three days. Got an email a week later saying I wasn't chosen.

Interview Question – Name a time you made a mistake   Answer Question

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!