Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
1,751 Interview Reviews

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I started off applying to the job online and within the week received a phone interview. The phone interview lasted around 15 minutes and asked questions related to your resume. After that I got called into another interview with an employee in the HR department. She asked many situational questions. "Have you ever dealt with an angry customer?" or "When have you needed to step up in a group scenario?" Simple questions. The last interview was with the branch you will potentially work with. The first hour I just went around and talked to all the employees. It was all just friendly conversation to see if I would fit in, not many work related questions. Then I was interviewed by that Branches Manager along with the Area Manager. Wanted to see what I knew before going into the interview and I was asked many questions about both Sales and Customer Service experience. Overall it was a pretty solid process.

No negotiation

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The interview process is quite the experience, I had three phases, other MT's have said that they have had four. I simply went online submitted my resume and received a email from a recruiter about a week later. We set up an interview that lasted about 30-40 minutes, they were mostly questions about my resume and transcript, since I had no real work experience because I just graduated. To me it was a thorough info session of the job description and history of the company. Of course I made a great impression and was referred to a second interview with a branch manager and area manager(district manager).

You arrive at the Enterprise location, where you shadow for about 1-1 1/2hr with an assistant manager or experienced MT. You ask questions and observe, it's nice because you physically get to see what you may be doing. After you shadow then you interview with the managers, they ask you a TON of questions and most are scenario based. So be prepared to provide SPECIFIC examples or be a really quick thinker! Depending on how much they like to talk you can be in their for awhile like me. I was at the branch for about 3hrs!! The lengthy interview sort of turned me off at first then I received a call from saying they would like me to meet with the regional vice president.

When you get to this phase of the interview you've pretty much got the job. You meet with the big boss to give them a little information about your background and why your interested in working for Enterprise. They usually tell you about their career path and how they've gotten to where they're at. This phase was really short about 30 minutes for me. Some are offered a position right then and others aren't like me. For about two days I was in limbo as to not knowing if I received the job or not. Then I received an offer and I accepted. Some advice I would give is be prepared to rebuttal they will give you scenarios during the interview, show how you previously provided great service. This is a service based company and customers are always right! They also look to see if you fit in with the company's culture, most are young recent grads like myself and are laid back. Dress professionally, a suit of course, show your eagerness to learn, have energy and express a huge warming personality!!

Interview Questions
    • How did you ensure your customers received value from a product?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Applied online and received an email to set up a time for a phone interview within 3 days. The phone interview took less than 10 minutes and asked questions about sales positions I've held. An in-person interview was scheduled at the end of the phone interview. Two weeks later, I interviewed with this location's recruiter at their regional office. The interviewer went down my resume and asked about each aspect of it (tell me about yourself, why did you choose this college, what was your favorite course, tell me about sales experience you may have had, why should we hire you). The interviewer was nice and answered all my questions. I was not contacted for a third interview, but the experience was pleasant overall.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Began with a phone screening/basic interview then was asked to come in for a second interview in their office. I met with the HR recruiter and she asked questions about my sales and management experience. Although online it said the program was 30 hours a week, the interviewer told me the interns last summer worked 40-45 hours a week. The program is directed towards sales, not management. You are also expected to wash cars while in business professional attire. Make sure you research the company because she asked me what I knew about the real management trainee program. They definitely want you to stay with the company if you participate in the intern program. I was then offered a third interview with the area recruiter, but I declined.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the management trainee program? Where do you expect this internship to get you (they want to see if you are interested in staying within the company). How have you sold a product someone is completely against?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

pretty casual, a lot of sales related questions and the company focus a lot on customer service aspect of the business.the first question that they asked was what do you know about our campany, so do some research before going.i think the questions that they ask each candadate are the same, they have a set of ten questions i believe

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied online and a week later got a call from the Talent Aquisition manager to set up a phone I interview. Right now I am scheduled for my next interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for enterprise?
      Tell me about your leadership and sales experience?

Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied online and got a call a week later for a phone interview. The interview was relatively short and the interviewer was very nice. She asked about my intentions with enterprise and what I was looking for in the near future. She asked what I thought the key to success in effective customer service was. She then called again the following week to set up a personal interview. The interview was a success we actually talked about her experience at enterprise and she mentioned how I was a strong candidate! She even set up my next interview as soon as possible which was the branch interview. Here is where I decided it was a bad idea.

Upon arrival (on time) to my interview, the branch manager wasn't even there. I had to wait about 30 minutes for him to show up. I then proceeded to learn about what the position consisted of. The office had no desks, no floors and was going through remodeling, it was a fiasco! They mentioned how I had to wash the cars which I had no problem with if there was enough room to grow.

I walked into the office for the final interview and the branch manager (which was very concerned with customer service) was arrogant no smiles. He second guessed everything I said as if he was waiting for me to choke but I didn't. I kept professional at all times and basically had a good answer to every question. I then proceeded to interview him about experiences and potential growth form within the company but I think he didn't appreciate me asking questions.

I was notified via email a week later that they had gone with another candidate. This was my problem with enterprise! 3 weeks of interviewing for a position with no growth and high stress due to high sales expectations! Pay was good but with the very long hours (literally your life) it came down to like 13 dollars an hour! I feel like my time was wasted! I really did a good job, but because the branch manager was having a bad day I did not receive the offer, when everyone else I met told me I was a strong candidate.

Interview Questions
    • basically STAR questions. Why enterprise? when was a time you went above and beyond for a customer? a time where you handled an angry customer   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Responded very quickly to my resume with positive feedback. Many locations to interview at along with a very flexible schedule. I was very pleased with how organized the entire process was; very efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Very situational questions. Describe when you had to make a hard sell to someone, etc.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

There were three interviews. The first was a phone call with the talent aquisition manager, and the second an in person interview with them. The third interview was shadowing around the office, followed by an interview with the branch manager and regional manager.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

It was pretty welcoming. There was an opportunity to go to the regional office for the first round. They shared a lot about the ability to be promoted. Very upfront, great benefits included.