Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
1,514 Interview Reviews

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question
    Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Worker Bee Interview

Call you for a screen then interview you in person. Interview took about 3 hours and I had to come back twice. Overall very nice process. People were very pleasant and the location was very professional.

Management Trainee Interview

Phone interview was first. Went well. They knew I was fresh out of college so had no experience. Was asked to the second interview. Second interview was face-to-face in Whitestone office. Met with Natasha. Basically, the same questions were asked again.

Interview Questions
    • What was a mistake you made and how did you correct it.   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I got the job because of the tips for the interview that I got from glass door. Glass door told me all the right things to say and the questions I would be asked so I knew how to prepare

Very easy

Customer Service Representative Work From Home Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Applied online then took Skills Test/assessment also did a personality test. Passed all the test and assessments and was contacted by phone by the recruiter, she went over requirements and qualifications and then set up an Phone interview with manager.Phone interview with customer service manager and then hiring manager...no offer

Interview Questions
    • Three phone interviews a skills test and still no offer :(   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

First interview was at the corporate office with an HR rep. Was basic interview and behavior questions. Second interview was at a location witH a branch manager and was feeling me out and more basic and behavior questions. Third interview was with a higher manager of several locations and was more about me and if it was the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you like about competition in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2014.

I applied online and the whole process took a week.
    1. Applied online through their main website.
    2. Received a call from their talent acquisition the next 3 days
    3. Set an. appointment for a face to face.
    4. The face to face interview lasted for about 30 minute.

There was about 20 questions of which 10 were were about 'how did you go above and beyond' to help a customer, employer, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you go above and beyond?
      It is difficult because you can only go above an beyond your action for so many, and they expect you to be able to answer all.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2013.

You go through three different interviews; one with the talent acquisition manager, one with the area manager and the branch manager, and the last one with the group rental manager. All three interviews are all basically the same, they will progressively get more intense as you go along, but they are an average interview if you've done your homework. Tell them what they want to hear, have a solid answer for all questions and be honest and confident.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like sales? What do you like about sales? Are you competitive? What motivates you? Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer or a frustrating situation? Tell me about a time a supervisor told you to change something and how did you react? What is a stressful day? How do you mange stress? Tell me about a time you had to put in long hours? Tell me about a time you were assigned to lead a group? What do you do if someone on your team doesn't carry their own weight? tell me about your best and worst manage and what you learned? What do yo think it takes to be successful at enterprise?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, they just let me know I got hired.

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Three rounds of interviews, beginning on the phone, followed by one at a regional branch with the regional branch manager, then a local branch with its respective branch manager. The company does all hiring from within so most roles are entry level for interviews, as I recall (this was over 2 years back).

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were straightforward, nothing unexpected and as long as you consider yourself decent-to-good at interviews and have sufficient credentials and personality, you should fit.   Answer Question

Better opportunity arose.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

3 Interviews: HR / Area Manager / Regional Vice President

Enterprise will most likely contact you withing a few weeks if you fit the criteria which i s young with a bachelors degree. Good job for interns looking for summer job.

Long series of emails

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!