Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions

1,558 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2010.

I applied online and got a phone call to schedule an interview approximately a month later. The phone screening was easy and the interviewer was very pleasant. When I arrived for the 1:1 interview in person, the interviewer was a different person than the person on the phone. I waited for an hour and 5 minutes in the lobby before I was called back to interview. The interviewer asked a lot of situational type questions and expressed the company's desire to find highly competitive employees. I explained that I was not a "cut-throat" competitive person and was more of a "team player". It was a very high pressure interview. I was contacted 2 days later via email to say they were not going to ask me back for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were very competitive with a co-worker.   Answer Question
    • What adjectives do you think describe a good manager?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2010.

HR manager unable to read and decipher emails and would call when told she would email or would email when she said she would call. Then upset at potential employee when her email was missed due to HER miscomunication.

Interview Questions
    • what is your interpretation of this position?   View Answer

HR manager was extremely rude, condescending and disrespectful on phone 'interview'.
    Suggested review of job posting and contacting her for additional info if I was still interested. I did not review the position details again. My decision to decline employment was caused by her extreme rudeness on the phone and my personal business in the future is also affected. Its too bad HR people don't understand that potential employees are also customers.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2010.

I initially found the management trainee position through my University. An outside recruiting firm interviewed me at their office. First man to interview me was very informative and nice. He then showed me a video that gave an overview of the job and the company. Then a lady from their firm interviewed me and criticized everything from my resume to my handshake. She then proceeded to tell me that the answers I were giving to her questions were not good enough or downright wrong. I have never left an interview feeling more down on myself. I never got a call back, but I'm not sure I really miss it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2010.

Met the recruiter at a college career fair and had a 1:1 interview with them there. Asked the normal questions (i.e. what are your strengths and weaknesses? What are your career goals with Enterprise?). Had a second interview in Austin 2 weeks later with a regional HR employee who assured me I was a good fit and only suggested that I emphasize my sales experience more. Waited over a month to have the third (branch observation interview) scheduled. Went to the branch and was ignored by the salespeople and simply sat for 2 hours waiting for the manager to see me. Finally entered the interview and things went seemingly well. I waited another 2 weeks before contacting the HR department to see if a decision had been made. Finally, 2. 5 months after the intial contact with the recruiter, I was declined a position with the company.

Interview Questions
    • What are your career plans with Enterprise?   View Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

After applying online, you'll be contacted by someone for a phone interview if they are interested. This interview will do a little bit of screening and ask about some sales/customer service experience. If they are interested, they'll call you back for a 1:1.

The 1:1 almost all questions revolve around customer service/sales experiences.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time where a customer was being unreasonable and how did you resolve the situation."   Answer Question
    • "Are you competitive? Describe a time where you were at your most competitive."   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

Phone interview. Check!

First Interview: 1 hour. Nice woman that gave me advice for second interview. Check! (Many questions about overcoming adversity and why I am going to be the man at the company.)

Second Interview: 1 hour 45 min. Intense grilling again. This interview like the last was conducted by a 9 year veteran who clearly loved their job.

Third Interview: I actually was late because I had the wrong time. The area manager hardly gave any time to what I thought was the end of my run at employment. Instead she told me stories about how she missed an interview with a client, and she also made me feel at ease. All three people that interviewed me were woman, and they were all very serious. I actually found it very challenging to win these woman over, but once they knew I was authentic, they let their guard down.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about washing cars in your suite even though you spent 60,00 on college?   View Answer
    • Why are you going to do so well here?   View Answer
    I told them that I was there to learn and become a great manager, I said they should pay me whatever they want, but once I move past the MT phase, I said I had every intention on making a great living.

Manager Trainee Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

Be ready for the tough questions and make sure you know more about the company. The lady was very straight forward and gave me false hope. I didn't get a second job interview, even though I had previous customer experience as well as a degree. I doubt I was given a serious chance as the interviewer seemed fake and very unresponsive, like she did not want to be there. I would say for an entry level job that was by far the worst interview process i have experienced.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2011.

1st - Corporate Office

- 30 min - Met with the recruiter about a week after I had applied on line. Normal behavioral questions were asked just to get a feel for if I was the right fit for their company. Not too difficult here. Made sure to ask questions.

2nd - Local Branch

- 2 hours - 1st hour is spent overviewing branch operations: how to sell to a customer, and the steps to renting a car. The 2nd hour is spent with the Area Manager who is over several branchs. From my experience, this was the most difficult interview of my life! My interview was one of the few that reach Area Manager level in the shortest time possible! I say this to say he has high expectations of his staff and enjoyed the fact that he fired whole branchs if he deemed this necessary! The majority of the interview consisted with him grilling me to see if he should take me seriously. I just knew I blew it by the middle of the interview. I was wrong.

3rd - Corporate Office - This was the easiest of the three interviews. No more behavioral questions. Just general questions about selling and my ambitions. I met with the Regional Vice President of Operations. By this time, as long as I didn't say anything stupid, I knew I was in.

The day after my start date, I was offered the job and given my start date!
    I gladly accepted.

no negotiating

Area Rental Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2010.

Have to become eligible by having a high enough Branch customer service score which "qualifies" you to be able to interview for the position. Your branch must also meet certain performance goals. You interview against a panel of other area managers, asst regional vice president, and the regional vice president.

Account Executive Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2011.

It was very demanding.
    Firts day 2 people. 2 tests (math and personalitty)
    Second Day 3 people, plus a HR phone interview
    Thirdy day 1 person.
    The one one recruiters wanted to hire me. But the HR (that was on the phone decided not to).
    I was very prepared for the Interview. It was very tiring!!
    At the end they decided not to. It was so stressfull the interview process that I would not rent a car from them ever after!
    I am glad I did not go to work for them! The salary was terrible. And, if a phone interview is more powerfull than a face to face one... We have a problem.

Interview Questions
    • What are your 3 greatest strength?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest achievement?
      What is your biggest failure? What did you learn from it?
        Answer Question