Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Mar 4, 2015
1,717 Interview Reviews

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2014.

Had to call them after I applied online after a career fair and no one contacted me for 2 weeks (they said they'd be in contact within the week). 1 hour observation in the office and then 45 min sit down interview with branch and regional managers. Everyone was really friendly, make sure you dress business professional, be ready to really interact with people and throw yourself into the mix in the observation. Customer service is huge for them.

Interview Questions
    • -Describe a time where you had to be competitive and what you did
      -what has been your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it

Answer Question

Driver Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Simple very easy process and all behavioral questions. I applied online and sometime later I received a phone call for a interview in person. Interview questions were very generic. Just be yourself and answer questions to the best of your ability. If you have a clean driving record and can pass a drug test most likely you will get the job!

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating hourly pay.

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied online and got a call a week later for a phone interview. The interview was relatively short and the interviewer was very nice. She asked about my intentions with enterprise and what I was looking for in the near future. She asked what I thought the key to success in effective customer service was. She then called again the following week to set up a personal interview. The interview was a success we actually talked about her experience at enterprise and she mentioned how I was a strong candidate! She even set up my next interview as soon as possible which was the branch interview. Here is where I decided it was a bad idea.

Upon arrival (on time) to my interview, the branch manager wasn't even there. I had to wait about 30 minutes for him to show up. I then proceeded to learn about what the position consisted of. The office had no desks, no floors and was going through remodeling, it was a fiasco! They mentioned how I had to wash the cars which I had no problem with if there was enough room to grow.

I walked into the office for the final interview and the branch manager (which was very concerned with customer service) was arrogant no smiles. He second guessed everything I said as if he was waiting for me to choke but I didn't. I kept professional at all times and basically had a good answer to every question. I then proceeded to interview him about experiences and potential growth form within the company but I think he didn't appreciate me asking questions.

I was notified via email a week later that they had gone with another candidate. This was my problem with enterprise! 3 weeks of interviewing for a position with no growth and high stress due to high sales expectations! Pay was good but with the very long hours (literally your life) it came down to like 13 dollars an hour! I feel like my time was wasted! I really did a good job, but because the branch manager was having a bad day I did not receive the offer, when everyone else I met told me I was a strong candidate.

Interview Questions
    • basically STAR questions. Why enterprise? when was a time you went above and beyond for a customer? a time where you handled an angry customer   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I received a Phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes, I then had two face to face interviews in different locations , and finally an assessment day. This included individual tasks, role plays, group tasks and finally another interview .

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion distinguish between a good manager and a bad manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2013.

Brief. The interview itself was fairly straight-forward. At times it felt tense. Composure is the best way I recommend going into the interview, as is with any interview. Considering I was hired, that was their way of measuring whether or not I could handle rejection and/or deal with stressful situations. A major emphasis during the interview was to evaluate my selling capability. Wether or not you are, its about being able to control the situation and logically walk your way through the sell. Do this right and, your ability to sell will increase as you become more experienced.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you believe you will fit in well here with this company?   View Answer
    N/A

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I had a great experience with the interview process at Enterprise. As soon as I walked in everyone in the office was so friendly. It seemed like an enjoyable place to work and everyone got along and seemed happy to be there. The interview only lasted about 30 minutes. It was conversational, fairly relaxed, and informative. Overall I was excited to go on to the next step in the process.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2015.

I met with Enterprise at a career fair and was offered a phone interview. The interview is one of the first interviews of three. The interview was very easy and I was offered a in person interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

I applied online after a couple of weeks they emailed me requesting a phone screen. They call me and asked me some questions. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes. I haven't heard from them, this was a week ago.

Interview Questions
    • Long term goals? Why this position? What do you know about this company? And other questions easy to answer   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Basically behavioral questions. Very friendly interviewers. Phone screen and two rounds of on-site, in-person interviews. Be amiable, honest and prepare well and you will have no problems. Enterprise is a lot about excellent customer service to both internal and external clients so be sure to highlight your people skills too even when you are being recruited for a back office position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult team mate   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

3 1/2 interviews (phone, visit with recruiter, meeting with manager/regional manager. I was told after my final interview I would be called with an answer in two business days. 3 weeks, 2 phone calls and 3 emails later, I finally got a response. Very disorganized and I'm glad I didn't get the job because I couldn't work for such a poorly run branch. Company should be ashamed of their poor treatment of quality candidates...

Interview Questions
    • What is a flaw you have? What's another flaw you have?   View Answer