Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Getting the Interview

1,307 candidate interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Applied online and the following day I was contacted by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, which lasted for about 25 minutes. She talked about the overall job functions and asked me general questions about myself.

Interview Question – How do you feel about washing cars?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Goes through a few stages, was fairly simple in initial application form process.

Got an email asking to set a telephone interview, earliest date was around 1.5 weeks away, took it and prepared through common questions and the the competencies Enterprise look for; Customer Service, Sales, Work Ethic, Leadership, Communication and Flexibility.

The day for phone interview came, waited 3 hours, and nothing came through. Had phone in front of me all the way through. Got an email saying they tried but couldn't get through - Doesn't make sense, phone was on and working fine. Wasted a morning which I could have been more productive.

Emailed back asking when it can be re-scheduled for, no response. Made a few calls to try get in-touch, still nothing.

Interview Question – About the Company   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process seemed like a cattle call. I waited about 5 minutes saw someone leave and interview, then someone else was waiting as I left. Interview wasn't anything out of the ordinary but the hiring manager was very condescending, acting like this was just the opportunity of a lifetime when clearly it is not.

Interview Question – These people love sales experience. They want to know specifics of exactly what you did and how you were judged on your performance.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Initial interview was by phone with the HR Associate. After your first phone interview, you meet with the branch and/or area manager for a second interview. The final interview was with the area manager's boss (forgot his position) If you make it to the third interview, you basically have the job.

Interview Question – Questions about the company or scenarios. ex. " Describe a time when you...." Be prepared to ask questions at the end.   View Answer

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Roseville, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got in touch via a school career fair. Talent agent requested my resume and gave me her business card. I was contacted a couple weeks later for an interview. Passed through the first interview and am scheduled for my second. First interview was with the areas talent acquisition manager, and the second will be with the branch manager where I may be placed at.

Interview Question – Was there any point in your life where you had to do a not-so-glorious job? Something where you had to roll up your sleeves and get your "hands dirty"?   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a quick phone screen from the hiring manager. Then I moved onto a one on one with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – If you were to rank yourself against other candidates, where would you put yourself?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After going through with the one on one interview with the hiring manager, it seemed to be more of a sales job than it was a management job. You work at a branch office getting customers to rent cars and you're put in a very competitive environment. I believe in healthy competition but for the work that you do for a summer internship, this is definitely not worth your time. I would rather work retail than do a "summer internship" with enterprise.

Very Easy Interview

Driver Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Very informal interview, essentially consisted of reviewing driving history and determining your best fit in regards to your schedule. Filled out paper application and background check forms and was offered the job a couple of days later after successfully passing the background check. Overall, a very easy and informal process and would recommend to younger applicants in school.

Interview Question – None; just basic customer service questions which were not even actually used too often in the driving end of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable pay for all part-time new drivers of $8.00/hr

Norwalk, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call from an Enterprise Recruiter. They wanted me to come down to interview. Office was shabby, people were aggressive, and I was waiting for 30 minutes after arriving on time.

I wouldn't want to wash cars all day anyway, but the interview was unnecessarily probing and arrogant. I was honestly relieved I could do more with my life.

Interview Question – Why would you succeed here with no sales experience?   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Meet with HR manager, Rental executive and an Area manager ( is the one making the final decision on your hiring process). Overall get called for three different in-person interviews. Pretty much they all stare at you with a blank face.

Interview Question – Why did you graduate in a non-business related degree?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – -3 interviews
- Personal background questions

Interview Question – When you played sports what was the most you've ever scored?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car interview questions and advice. All 1,307 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.