Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,491 interviews

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Many interviews for a simple job title that hires kids straight out of college. Recruiters are energetic but branch managers not as much. They ask you to do a phone interview in person interview and to shadow an store for about 2 hours. Manager for 3rd interview was not really writing down answers to questions. It appears interview was only being done because they were asked to do it. No actual interest in filling a position.

Interview Questions

Did not want to work anywhere where the energy was low. Also found out turnover was high. Probably due to hiring college students with no work experience.

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

3 step process. i first received a phone call and had a brief interview. i was asked questions about why i was interested in the position and why i wanted to leave my current job. the recruiter then scheduled an in person interview with him and at that interview he asked me a lot of customer service based questions and if/how i have ever encountered situations. i then had another interview a few days later at the actual location that i would potentially be working at. the first hour was for observation and the second hour was an interview with the branch manager and the area manager. they asked a lot of the same questions as the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • have you ever had conflict with the people on your team and if so what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Interview process consisted of initial phone interview followed by three in-person interviews.

The phone interview was very much a standard. Who are you? How did you find out about Enterprise? What's your history? etc...

The first in-person interview was with the same person. It a little over an hour long. Questions were along the lines of using examples in the past to show how you solved problems, etc..

The second interview was with the Area Manager and one of the branch managers. This person wanted to see personality.

The third interview was with the Regional Vice-President. This person really wanted to make sure I was a good fit, questioning anything that might not line up, or just going into further detal.

It took about 10 days to get a response after that.

Management Training Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Phone interview
    1 on 1 interview with talent acquisition
    Shadowed at a local branch for about an hr just to see how things were then had an interview with area manager later that day. Entire process took about 7-10 days

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied for the sales management trainee position. I received an email to set up a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview is just basic questions about your driving record and experience, and mostly explaining the position, hours and salary. They will stress the fact that you are expected to work at least 48 hours a week.

The first in-person interview was with human resources. She was very pleasant and made the interview go very well. She asked a lot of questions about how I would react to specific situations and wanted to get a general view of how well I could think critically and communicate. The interview lasted an hour. I did a lot of research on the company and wrote answers to several questions, so that I would have something to reference. In order to make it more natural, speak slowly, eye contact, and allow yourself some pauses so that it doesn't sound like you're reading off the answers you typed the night before. I could tell she was happy with the answers that I gave because she would smile and reiterate the points I hit on the nail. In the end, she explained the management trainee track and invited me to do a second interview. I called her back that day to let her know I wanted to move forward and sent a thank you email.

At the second interview, I went to the actual branch I would be working. I met with the area manager and branch manager. The branch manager asked me some questions and took me around. I met all of the employees and had a brief conversation with one of the them. Then, I was taken to the office where I was interviewed by both managers at the same time. They asked me SEVERAL questions, very similar to the first interview but more in depth. I could not read them very well and it was very intense but I answered all of the questions as best as possible. They explained more of what the job actual entailed and were very up front about the good and the bad. They told me they would get back to me. I was there for a little over 2 hours. I didn't get their cards so I did not send a follow-up email but I received a call two days later to set up the third interview. After the second interview, I felt much more relaxed because I'm sure they wouldn't send you to a third interview with the regional manager if they didn't feel confident that you were a good candidate.

The third interview was with the regional manager. He was very welcoming and made me very comfortable. He asked maybe only 1 interview-type questions. I assume he knew that I'd already been asked those questions already. He seemed to want to know who I really am and whether I would be a good fit for the company. Furthermore, he really wanted to make sure I was in it for the long haul. I answered him genuinely and showed my interest. He stopped at about 30 minutes and told me, he thought I would do well and offered me the position. I accepted and sent him and the HR manager thank you emails.

The interview process was very intense and took two weeks from beginning to end and everyone was very kind but straightforward. I didn't experience any intimidation tactics or mind games. Just be confident, do your research, anticipate questions, eye contact, show interest, speak clearly and relax!

No negotiation.

Part-time Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2012.

It was a quick on the phone interview. Then I had an interview with two of the Supervisors in person. After five days of the interview, I was offered the position, at minimum wage.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what is the most difficult person that I had to deal with on my last position.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate. They were firm on the pay.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Rafael, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2014.

Got an email saying to call them back. I did, and no one answered. I called again the next day, no one answered. Finally got a call back 3 days later while out with my family. I scheduled a phone interview the next morning. The recruiter told me she was conducting the phone interview from her car, while driving. She told me all my qualifications were great, and that she would love to see me in person. I went in for an interview, and everything seemed to be going great. I had answers for all of her questions. At the end, she told me I would hear back about the job on the following Monday. I wrote an email on Monday thanking her for her time and the interview, and it is currently a week later, and I have not received any feedback. Not even a response to my email.

Management Trainee Interview

First you apply online based on location and trainee program availability. Then an HR recruiter emails you to schedule a phone call interview which seems to serve as a preliminary screening. The questions are basic, and it is a short phone call, no more than 20 minutes. Asks questions like why do you think you are a good fit for Enterprise, and what makes you an effective leader. Then if you make it past that, they let you know very soon to schedule face to face interview in administrative office. I went in and same recruiter from phone call did interview, seemed to build a good rapport and go smoothly, there were a lot of tricky and open ended questions, nothing super out of the ordinary though. Lots of "describe a time" questions, prepare and have lots of specific examples.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to make an unfavorable decision.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

You are asked to meet with recruiter and an area manager. You sit down and discuss your past, present and future career goals. It's is just a typical job interview. "Where do you see yourself in 5 years, name a difficult opportunity you were faced with and how did you overcome it". To be honest I don't really remember the interview. Nothing too hard

Rental Agent Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I first met with the branch manager then the hr manager they just want to know if you can motivate yourself and sell that is the most primary concern secondary are you an honest person

Interview Questions
    I was told my schedule and hourly pay rate in the interview and asked if I would accept it and if not why