Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Getting the Interview

1,307 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with the HR department then a in-person interview with 3 managers

Interview Question – Given all the autonomy, what would you do different in an intense situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

New Haven, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an e-mail from a recruiter about a month later (so don't get discouraged if they don't respond right away!). The phone interview included standard sales questions as well as any moving violations and/or accidents you were involved in. The interview lasted about 20 minutes (they allot 30 minutes but it really shouldn't take that long as they don't ask you if you have any questions for them). Upon completion of the interview, the recruiter invited me to come out to headquarters and meet with the branch manager that I would be working at. I interviewed on a Thursday and the final interview was a week later (on a Saturday at headquarters).

Like I said, I met with the branch manager for an interview, but beforehand, all the interviewees sat in a conference room with the talent acquisition manager and he gave a presentation on the company, the internship program, and then we sat and watched commercials until it was our turn to meet with the branch manager. They called our name as well as the name of the specific branch manager we would be working with and we went with them to his/her office. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – In the phone interview, they ask many sales-based questions like name a time when you gave exceptional customer service, name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, name a time when you convinced someone to do something they didn't want to do, name a time when you motivated others, a time when you successfully made sales.

At the headquarters interview the questions included: what is the accomplishment that makes you the most proud, successfully made sales, motivated others, taken a leadership role -- very similar to questions asked during the phone interview but a little more in depth.
Here, they are definitely looking for people who want to work there long-term. When they ask if you have any questions for them, be sure to think long term.

To give you a rundown on numbers: 400 people were interviewed on the phone, 40 were chosen to come to headquarters, and 10 were offered the intern position.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the start date, but hourly salary is definitely not negotiable. It's a great experience and you should be very excited if you are offered a position as this position is extremely competitive.

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – Really basic questions. 3 interviews. One with HR Recruiter. One with Area Manager. One with Regional Executive.

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Service Agent Interview

New Rochelle, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy, as long as you have a good driving record, no criminal record, and willing to work hours that accommodate to the branch needs.

Interview Question – can you work weekends?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – just took the job

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – 3 interview process: 1 phone interview with recruiter, 1 in person interview with same recruiter, 1 in person interview with area manager. Applied online and received an email asking me to set up phone interview. Quick process.

Interview Question – Pretty typical questions. Want to see that you are competitive   Answer Question

Management & Sales Internship Interview

Cranford, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked a lot of basic questions about your knowledge of the company, personal back round, and basic customer service questions. A lot of situational questions to see how you would handle certain situations.

Interview Question – Unexpected question was who do you admire and why? I found that to be a little out of the ordinary but it made for good conversation.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – I can only comment on the Phone Interview. It was very brief and easy and lasted less that 10 minutes. General questions like - why enterprise? how do you define a leader? what are three words you use to describe yourself? The Basics. I look forward to the in-person interview next.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed at [something]?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Received initial call from recruiter based out of group headquarters in Phoenix. Set up 3 interview process. First was a phone interview, second was with the branch and area manager, third was with the group rental manager. All except the first interview were conducted in an arrogant manner, they even went so far as to insult my previous jobs. Office was busy and disorganized as 5 phone lines were ringing seemingly all the time with a constant line of people waiting to be put into cars. Customers were rude and the staff was doing the best they could to swallow their pride and just get the angry people into their cars. By the end of the first hour of observation the staff looked defeated and in poor spirits as they had just faced a verbal barrage from the customers. The interviewing managers were doing their best to pretend the environment was fun and friendly and that they were helping out the staff.

Interview Question – The Group Rental Manager asked "People who come from your previous line of work (which was restaurants) generally don't do so well in our company, they seem not cut out for it. Why would you be any different?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You generally wait about a week to a week and a half after your final interview unto which my Group Rental Manager called me and said he would like to offer me the job but wants me to understand he wants at least a 5 year commitment. As far as pay, they essentially baited and switched. They say the starting salary is about 35k a year but then during the interview process reveal that it's actually an hourly position where if you were to work 49 hours a week for 52 weeks a year you would then make the 35k.

Very Easy Interview

Jackson, MS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview, please elaborate on your sales experience. Most of the questions are situation-based. "What would you do if"? Enterprise deals with many customers each day, so there are hundreds of possible situations. The focal point of the interview will be centered around sales. I wasn't asked any team-based questions, but it would still be good for you to have answers on standby. You can do it!

Interview Question – No curve balls, just have high energy, always smile. Don't be boring!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer a set salary because they want to engage you in their advancement opportunities.

Renton, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interview process. First with Enterprise recruiter, second with area manager, third with branch manager.

Interview Question – What makes you a good fit at enterprise?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Set wage. No negotiating.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car