Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions

1,543 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2014.

Applied online, heard from the recruiter within 5 days. Got my first interview within 8 days of hearing from them. I went to a corporate head quarters fully prepared for the interview. The recruiter asked me questions for about 45 minutes to an hour. After the interview I questioned him for about 15 minutes on the company. I felt everything went really well. I none of the questions really stumped me. I heard back from them via email the following monday and they informed me they were going to go in a different direction. Which was fine, it was my first interview after college. Good experience over all.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with a tough customer. And how did you handle it.   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview was quick and how an interview should be. Normal 3 interviews. First with HR, second with area Manager and finally with VP. Normal questions asked and really the same questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Are you able to was cars and ruin your nice clothes.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Very thorough process consisting of 3 rounds of interviews. many of the questions are redundant but I think what they're really looking for is consistency and personality. The second round is the most rigorous consisting mostly of situational questions, "tell me about a time when..." they're looking for very specific examples so make sure you come prepared with lots of details.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 years? 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What are the 3 most important factors you are looking for in a career?   View Answer
    I did not try to negotiate

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The process was good. Had a phone interview with HR, then a in person interview with HR and also a in person interview with Area Manager. The process went well, but I ended up declining the offer, it is a good role to start off, but I have heard that it is a customer service position fully and you need to wear a suit to wash cars.

Interview Questions

I was looking for more of an analytical role. This position is good for customer service and sales. Pretty easy to get this positon for new college grads.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Phone Interview, HR rep Interview, Area Manager Interview, Group Rental Manager Interview, Hire. Sales, Sales, Sales, Organization, Prioritization, Self driven, independence, competitiveness. and love of money. ...sales, sales, sales, and sales.

Standard

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Applied online. Recruiter contacted within 1 week. Very easy interview. Be yourself. 1 week for phone interview and in person with recruiter. 2 week for branch observation and interview. 1 week in training (hotel and expenses paid).

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied for the sales management trainee position. I received an email to set up a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview is just basic questions about your driving record and experience, and mostly explaining the position, hours and salary. They will stress the fact that you are expected to work at least 48 hours a week.

The first in-person interview was with human resources. She was very pleasant and made the interview go very well. She asked a lot of questions about how I would react to specific situations and wanted to get a general view of how well I could think critically and communicate. The interview lasted an hour. I did a lot of research on the company and wrote answers to several questions, so that I would have something to reference. In order to make it more natural, speak slowly, eye contact, and allow yourself some pauses so that it doesn't sound like you're reading off the answers you typed the night before. I could tell she was happy with the answers that I gave because she would smile and reiterate the points I hit on the nail. In the end, she explained the management trainee track and invited me to do a second interview. I called her back that day to let her know I wanted to move forward and sent a thank you email.

At the second interview, I went to the actual branch I would be working. I met with the area manager and branch manager. The branch manager asked me some questions and took me around. I met all of the employees and had a brief conversation with one of the them. Then, I was taken to the office where I was interviewed by both managers at the same time. They asked me SEVERAL questions, very similar to the first interview but more in depth. I could not read them very well and it was very intense but I answered all of the questions as best as possible. They explained more of what the job actual entailed and were very up front about the good and the bad. They told me they would get back to me. I was there for a little over 2 hours. I didn't get their cards so I did not send a follow-up email but I received a call two days later to set up the third interview. After the second interview, I felt much more relaxed because I'm sure they wouldn't send you to a third interview with the regional manager if they didn't feel confident that you were a good candidate.

The third interview was with the regional manager. He was very welcoming and made me very comfortable. He asked maybe only 1 interview-type questions. I assume he knew that I'd already been asked those questions already. He seemed to want to know who I really am and whether I would be a good fit for the company. Furthermore, he really wanted to make sure I was in it for the long haul. I answered him genuinely and showed my interest. He stopped at about 30 minutes and told me, he thought I would do well and offered me the position. I accepted and sent him and the HR manager thank you emails.

The interview process was very intense and took two weeks from beginning to end and everyone was very kind but straightforward. I didn't experience any intimidation tactics or mind games. Just be confident, do your research, anticipate questions, eye contact, show interest, speak clearly and relax!

No negotiation.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

3 step process. i first received a phone call and had a brief interview. i was asked questions about why i was interested in the position and why i wanted to leave my current job. the recruiter then scheduled an in person interview with him and at that interview he asked me a lot of customer service based questions and if/how i have ever encountered situations. i then had another interview a few days later at the actual location that i would potentially be working at. the first hour was for observation and the second hour was an interview with the branch manager and the area manager. they asked a lot of the same questions as the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • have you ever had conflict with the people on your team and if so what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Management Training Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Phone interview
    1 on 1 interview with talent acquisition
    Shadowed at a local branch for about an hr just to see how things were then had an interview with area manager later that day. Entire process took about 7-10 days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Interview process consisted of initial phone interview followed by three in-person interviews.

The phone interview was very much a standard. Who are you? How did you find out about Enterprise? What's your history? etc...

The first in-person interview was with the same person. It a little over an hour long. Questions were along the lines of using examples in the past to show how you solved problems, etc..

The second interview was with the Area Manager and one of the branch managers. This person wanted to see personality.

The third interview was with the Regional Vice-President. This person really wanted to make sure I was a good fit, questioning anything that might not line up, or just going into further detal.

It took about 10 days to get a response after that.