Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Feb 28, 2015
1,715 Interview Reviews

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. A phone interview followed by a in person interview. The in person interview took about an hour. I was greeted by 2 other employees who showed me around and later was interviewed by two hiring managers. Asked behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you handled a difficult situation?   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

I applied online and was emailed a couple days later to set up a phone interview. The young woman I talked to at their HQ was really nice and cordial. She seemed excited and eager to help answer all of my questions. Then, I talked to another woman on the phone for my phone interview. I was so ready, so prepared, so excited, but there was really nothing to get excited about. This lady talked to me for about 15 minutes. I've had a few phone interviews, all lasting around 30. She asked me a bunch of boring yes or no questions in the beginning, seemed incredibly dull, lacking all basic social skills. I'm a very friendly and talkative person, and I always make jokes during interviews, or say something interesting, mostly because it makes me come off as relaxed and personable. It always works, but with her, she didn't even seem to know what a personality was. Bleh. She was like a robot, just filling out her papers. I got off the phone not even wanting the job anymore. She basically told me that you have to buy all of your own equipment and troubleshoot it on your own and if anything happens, you're just out of luck. I have a computer and a headset and I'm good with computers, but it would be nice to know I had some support. She also told me that there is NO ROOM TO MOVE UP, at least not in my position. I was completely unimpressed with that. What's the point in working somewhere if you don't even have a chance to improve your life and grow there? You must breed loyalty by giving employees hope, nurturing their potential. Not saying, you're stuck right here forever. That's just horrible. I basically would be working for myself, but without the benefits of having unlimited earning potential. No thank you. Also, you only speak to your manager 45 minutes a month, I was told. That's just a little ridiculous. 3 weeks of web-based-training, and then you just throw me to the wolves and only talk to me once a month? Again, no thank you. It's crazy that they're such a successful company with such little employee support.

Interview Questions
    • How would you troubleshoot your computer if the internet was down?   Answer Question

My impression was that management does not support you at all, and there's no room to move up. I'm not going to work without the hope of growth and earning potential.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

I applied for this position online and was contacted via email. From what I have read on this site many people had to do a phone interview. I'm not sure the reason but I did not. I scheduled an in person interview with the talent manager. The interview was very straightforward, no difficult questions, and lasted about a hour. It was mainly getting more information about Enterprise and what they offer. The interviewer was very nice and had been with the company for 25 years. After the interview she told me to think about the position and let her know if I want to schedule the 2nd interview. I went to the 2nd interview with the area manager. When I arrived everyone was very friendly. I observed what they were doing for about 20 minutes before I met with the manager. The interview again was straightforward. This is the deciding interview with more questions and more difficult than the 1st interview. For someone thinking about applying for this position sales is the most important thing. They say customer service is important to them but someone that can sell is what they are looking for. Also they are looking for 100% type a personalities. If this is not you they will most likely not hire you. I did not make it to the 3rd interview with the regional manager. For me the process took 12 days from the day I applied without the 3rd interview.

Interview Questions
    • If hired out 6 fellow employees how would you rank in sales (rank yourself)? Out of 6 management trainees hired at the same time how would you rank in sales?   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

I was contacted by email to set up a telephone interview. The recruiter called at exactly the time I was expecting. I was a bit thrown off by being asked immediately why I chose the specific location to apply. The reasons for looking for employment in that area were personal, and I did not want to share, so I just said "for personal reasons." Wasn't sure if my answers were too short or if the recruiter was just trying to keep up while typing responses. Totally blew the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your proudest accomplishment while working as part of a team.   Answer Question

At Home Rental Reservations Enterprise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sierra Vista, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sierra Vista, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

I had a total of 3 phone interviews, between 4 and a half weeks. Questions based on customer service.skills and what would you do type stuff. Was explained in great detailed what the job is like and what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • if your internet went down.what would you do?   View Answer
    No negotiations.
     Was offered job and start training in March

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

After submitting a resume, I was contacted by a recruiter by email to set up a phone interview. The email tells you to be ready at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time, but my interviewer called right at the agreed time The call was short and sweet with basic questions and a few harder questions, but nothing mind blowing. I was then offered a in person interview which was about the same. Nothing really hard, but more of why did I choose Enterprise and some situational awareness questions. I was informed of what would be required of me and what the next step would be if I was chosen to move on. The whole interview was not more than 30 minutes. I was told at the end of the interview that I would get some kind of feedback by the next day and I left. The next day I recieved a email stating that I was invited to the second interview with the regional and branch managers. I received the information for the next interview with additional information to prepare me for that interview. The process was really professional and I would refer someone to interview for this company.

Interview Questions
    • If I was falling in my sales quotas. how or what would I do to fix the problem.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

I was emailed through my university address to apply for management trainee position and did so. Three days later, I was given the notice to set up the interview online. From the online form, I was able to see who I was going to interview with beforehand.

I interviewed well and asked many questions about company culture. I was offered a second interview but reconsidered it because the position didn't line up with my career goals.

Managemet Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

The initial interview was great. I had it with a person in HR. She gave me great and constructive feedback for prepping for the second interview. The second interview started off well enough. The first hour was spent at a local branch with the branch manager, who showed me the office and the daily routine of the employees. The second hour was not so great. It was a very formal interview and the regional (who was interviewing me) was a half hour late to this part of the interview. He got right down to business with no apologies, and was very cold during the interview process. He asked mostly behavioral and situational based questions, which was fine, except he was typing away the entire hour of the interview. This didn't allow for there to be much of a dialogue or any kind of interpretation of experience or skills that I, as a potential employee, could offer.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult client with the help of management.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

Very brief, asked about technical aspects of computer. I had to take a skills test that was pretty time consuming. The interview itself was short, I answered a few questions and received an email a few days later stating that they were pursing other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here. Are you comfortable with computers. The position was for a work-from-home customer service. They wanted to know that I if I knew how to hook up an ethernet connection and who I use for my ISP. They also had me do a scan of my PC to see if my software was compatible with their system.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

I applied online and within a couple of days was emailed by a recruiter. We set up a time to speak over the phone. When he called, he asked a lot of your basic phone screening questions nothing out of the ordinary just about past positions, what I'm looking for in a new position, what I want to get out of a future job, etc. At
    the end of the phone screening he told me that he would like for me to come into his office in another city (about 45 minutes away) to have my first face-to-face interview. We agreed on a date and time.

I went in for the next interview and everything went great. Wore a professional outfit as he told me to do, and I thought I nailed it. A lot of the questions that he asked were situational, what would you do in this situation and tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, tell me about a time when you set a high goal for yourself. I looked through a lot of interview questions on Glassdoor before-hand so I was very prepared for the questions that he asked. Very helpful. at the end of the interview he told me he would get back to me by the end of the week.

I got a call a few days later saying that I was selected to go to the next interview. I got a call from a local area manager that same day and we set up a time and day for me to come in for my second interview. I arrived 10 minutes early and was greeted by the branch manager and the area manager where they took me to a room, sat me down and grilled me. It's pretty intimidating having two interviewers at a time especially when they're both very stern and not very animated but I suppose this is part of the process and is helpful in really judging who you are as a person. Again they asked a lot of situational question some of the same questions I had been previously asked. It felt a little uncomfortable because they didn't give much feedback throughout the process on if they like my answers or not. At the end I was still unsure and when they asked if I had any questions I whipped out a couple good ones for them such as "what would you say is the most difficult thing about the job" and they both really seem to like that question. A couple of more about benefits etc. The end of that interview they told me that I was going to go onto the next interview and then I was taken around the office and given a tour.

My final interview was the longest of them all. A little bit over an hour. I went in and met with the regional manager. He basically asked me more situational questions and some of the same questions I had been asked in the last two interviews and then went on to talk a lot about the structure of the company and how the position works. Asked if I would be ok cleaning cars, working long hours, helping out extra as needed, to all of which I responded yes. He told me at the end of the interview that I would hear from them after he spoke with the area manager and the original recruit her that I initially interviewed with. Got a call the next day from the original guy I had the phone screening and initial interview with and he asked me a few more questions. Asked about any other positions I was interviewing for, how interested I was in enterprise compared to the other companies, and basically trying to gauge how interested and committed I would be. I told him I was hoping to find a company that I could grow with long-term and make a career out of. After I told him that he offered me the job and I accepted.

Overall a very conservative and professional environment. They want hard workers and people who are committed. If you're willing to put in the time and aren't scared of washing cars in your professional attire, then it seems like a great opportunity to build a career.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where your personal sales skills were where they needed to be but the rest of the team's customer service skills were not where they needed to be (you are judged by your personal and also your whole team's success), and that was preventing you from moving to a position in the company you wanted to move into?   View Answer