Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015
2,149 Interview Reviews

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Submitted an application per a career fair on campus. Was contacted the next day to set up an interview a month before graduation. I emailed the talent recruiter and had a one-on-one interview at the corporate office. Questions were simple. They want to get a feel of your personality, sales experience and leadership qualities. I was invited to move on to the 2nd round of interviews with the area manager later that week. This interview was a little more difficult, it's very much focused on sales experience and your competitive nature. After the interview I was contacted a few hours later to have a 3rd and final interview. I met with 2 branch managers that I would be working with. These questions focus on how well you work on a team and how you resolve conflict. A after the 3rd interview I was offered a position.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

There were three interviews. First there was a phone screen where the interviewer (a recruiter in my case) asks simple questions to verify the accuracy of the information on your resume and ensure the salary is acceptable to you. The second and third are essentially the interviewers attempting to get you to buy into the company culture while observing how you can spin/sell your answers. They are looking for your sales ability, so be confident and sell you! It is also very beneficial to have questions planned for them about their careers and your future at the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one great customer service achievement you've had?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied as an employee referral, two days after my application was submitted I received a phone call from the Regional Manager asking for an interview to be set up. My first interview was with an Area Manager and the Branch Manager for the office I would be working in. Following that, I had to interview with the District Manager, and a final interview with HR. All of this took less than a week.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions with a focus on sales ability, providing customer service, and probing into how dedicated you will be to the growth of the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Columbus, OH).

Interview

first you have a phone interview with recruiter and then an in person interview with them. Next you interview at a local branch and then with upper management. The process went very smoothly because I had availability to go to each interview day after day. If you are prepared with clear examples of having a sales or leadership background and the ability to be friendly in an interview setting you will have a great shot of getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions related to sales skills and customer service skills.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

The process included 4 separate parts including: 1) phone screening basic screening questions involving customer service, times you met adversity, etc. 2) face-to-face interview with the talent acquisition manager questions were more customer service related, professional goals... this is where they begin to gauge if you are seeking to work at Enterprise or just looking for a job (there is a HUGE difference) 3) branch observation and 30 minute interview with the branch manager and area manager physical tour of a branch and observation of day-to-day operations. This is done to determine if you are a right fit for Enterprise, and if you would fit in the branch. The interview was even more customer service experience based questions, (details details details) 4) final 30-minute interview with the regional vice manager and same area manger as before Very very important. Making it this far does not guarantee employment. questions were behavior based, who are you as a worker, what are your professional philopshies, why should we hire you, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you dealt with an aggravated customer and how you solved it Tell me a time you set a goal and did not fulfill it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Woodland Hills, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

My resume was selected off Monster. A recruiter e-mailed and called inviting me to an interview at the HR department. The interview lasted 45 minutes and the basic questions were asked. "Tell me about a difficult time with customers." Tell why Enterprise." "What do you look for in a company." Very basic and quick. I have been invited to a final interview at a local branch this coming Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your greatest success.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview then a face to face with the same person and then a third interview to decide if you are a good fit. overall, easy process and great experience. definitely not for everyone

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Entire process took about 3 weeks starting with a short 10min phone interview with the recruiting manager. Right at the end of that they scheduled a face to face interview with them. During this second interview they asked the typical questions (tell me about yourself, explain a time where you experience a difficult customer, etc). She was pleased and right after scheduled a 3rd interview with the branch and area manager at the branch that you would like to work at. You spend about an hour getting to know the employees and learning how they operate the business on a daily basis. All the employees were very helpful and nice and answered any questions about themselves or the business that you may have. After that you sit down with the area and branch manger and have about a 45min- 1 hour interview. Area manager asks a lot of hard questions and likes to throw your answers back at you with a reversal question. Some questions he would ask twice, but in different wordings just to see how you respond and if you will give the same answer. Ultimately I did not get the offer even though they were pleased with my interview process and how I conducted myself with the employees, but I believe my lack of sales experience held me back from getting an offer (even though all the branch employees told me they really do not dwell in much sales at all and they are more about customer service about anything.) The area manager really tried to drill me in with sales experience questions, knowing I did not have any, but I was able to relate other situations of my experience that may have been similar.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced a difficult situation with a customer and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview asking likes, dislikes and skills with examples such as describe a time you faced a difficult customer and how you successfully handled the situation. Interviewer was very friendly and a second interview was set up for the following day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Wayne, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

series of 3 interviews, (phone, face to face, then final face to face with the VP). They want to see that you are able to manage a team and really want to see that you are aggressive and not afraid to take control. They do not want you to be too nice, they want you to be able to be positive, motivating, but be able to handle dealing with the people on your team. They want everyone to grow within the first year to the next position.

Interview Questions

• One word that your best friend would use to describe you.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you took control of a situation.   Answer Question