Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Vehicle Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Applied online and received a call within a week. 1 on 1 interview and offered a job within 2 weeks. It was really easy, almost anyone can get the job.

Pay not negotiable

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

They go through a very thorough interview process, from what I gathered they seems to try to interview everyone and to weed out through each stage until they get their best or final candidate. Yet still they have hiring issues like at any organization. The Management Trainee program used to hire students straight out of college, put them through long hours, even washing cars in your suit and tie in promise of a store management position 3 years down the road. In my honest opinion, I think this is great experience for the post-grad. However as they had difficulty staffing that type of individual they wanted, they started to interview workforce professionals looking for a career change as well.

You first apply online and if qualified, receive a call for a short 10 minute phone interview, pretty straight-forward questions. I assume if you can answer them without hesitation you get to the next step.

The next step is an in-person interview with a talent acquisition specialist. I interviewed with one who was very knowledgeable and went through the Management Trainee program herself and got promoted in a short amount of time. I actually enjoyed speaking with her and I could tell she was a very motivated, talented individual. However I could tell her workload was demanding as when I got there she was interviewing one candidate. Then next the next and then me, all within an hour, one after another.

I felt I did well and was invited to the third round of interviews, which was an in-person shadow interview where the branch manager and district manager both interview you as you get to see what they do hands-on. I declined because I was working full-time then and to get 2 days off in 2 weeks wasn't easy for me, in addition I had 3 other interviews on hand already. Furthermore I had to assess, that I would be working 50hr/weeks for the same wage as compared to my current job which I didn't enjoy as much but was making the same wage only working 40hr/weeks. But it came down to really doing my homework and I think everyone should while job hunting these days.

If you truly are a qualified candidate, much like this interview process, you should be looking to weed out potential employers. See I went in the store before the 3rd round of interviews and "mystery shopped" them if you want to call it. Where I asked a couple Management Trainees what they thought. I met a young charismatic gentleman who seemed to fit the mode, right out of college, earning his keeps and very upbeat. I could tell he'd move up fast up the ladder. The other was a professional in his early 40s perhaps who told me "this is my last day at work." I congratulated him. And I met another young lady, who seemed indifferent. So you get a bit of everything. I'd have to rate my experience positive as they did take the time. The disconnect really was the long hours and low wage, which is fine, I'm happy to earn my keeps but as a young professional with some experience already, I knew I could make more elsewhere.

Long Hours/Low Pay

Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

applied in May, was called for an interview a week later. was asked situational based questions which i think i aced but wasnt called back for a second interview because i was made to understand there are 3 interviews in all. i think my accent was the problem though because I still had my strong African accent. Spent only less than a month in US

Interview Questions
    • basically questions about tell me when ... e.g tell me when you couldnt resolve an issue with a customer...what is the highest sales you've ever made...   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Phone interview, then an interview with the recruiter, then an interview/shadow at the branch you will be placed, then an interview with a department head. Ask questions, shake hands, don't be intimidated. Be confident!

Interview Questions
    • The company is very sales driven and competitive. Focus on being a team player but still competitive.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview process was held that the Chula Vista office. I arrived 15 minutes early and had to wait another 15 minutes in order for the recruiter to finish his prior interview. He read questions off of papers and explained the hiring process. I thought I did well but apparently failed an interview that wasn't very difficult at all.

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Applied online, then had a phone interview and a face to face interview with a recruiter. Besides initially sending me a rejection email stating that I didn't meet the minimum qualifications (claimed I didn't have a College Degree, when in fact I do), and then the hiring manager missing our phone interview (I had to call an hour after it had been scheduled), pretty standard questions and process.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to go above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

online application.... followed by a phone interview with region recruiter after the phone interview they wanna meet in person... very standard interview
    interview - region office with recruiter BE YOURSELF
    interview - branch manager and area manager BE YOURSELF GET INVOLVED ask a lot of questions
    interview with rvp(regional vice president)
    airport observation

none

Management Trainee Interview

The interview process start with a phone interview which tells you about the job such as pay and the hours you will be working and if you are comfortable with it. The next step to this is they will ask you to come in to their office for an interview face to face in which they will want to know more about your past experiences with working with customers. Please answer these behavioral questions with the STAR method and be thorough as possible. If you proceed from here you will be asked to come to one of the enterprise locations and you will be asked to observe the environment and work area. If I were you, and if you are truly interested in this job, do not sit down. Stand up and ask questions, talk to the customers so that you really understand the work environment. I did not make it beyond this point but the next step would be another interview with the district manager I believe. I believe the ultimate factor is that you really have to fit in with the culture of the environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2013.

3 interviews- 1st with a "Talent Acquistion Specialist." If you make it, 2nd interview with "Area Rental Manager" in charge of 5-8 branches. If you make it through that one, 3rd interview with "Regional Vice President" over 20-30 branches.

Interview Questions
    • Customer service. Sales. How would you handle a difficult situation? How will you react to working so hard and long?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee  in  Augusta, ME
    Anonymous Employee in Augusta, ME

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2014.

They really like to promote a fun work environment and culture. When I went in for a Branch observation they had told me they just finished tossing a football around. The assistant branch manager guided me through this. The office was very busy but they all played it off as fun. After the observation I met with the territory manager. This is when they asked a lot of "canned" questions. Such as from 1-10 how competitive are you? Enterprise does ask you to be somewhat flexible with ability to move locations if you want to advance through the company. The position I applied for was advertised for in the area I currently live. At each step of the process (4 total) the location of the job had changed. I was comfortable with moving to any of the first 3 locations, but the location I was offered a position at was in an area that is dangerous and I was not comfortable with moving to. This part was frustrating to me. I felt they really didn't know where they wanted me, they just wanted a body. I had 2 phone interviews and then did the branch observation and interview with the territory manager in one day. I was never told there was a company dress code. I showed up in a light blue shirt with a tie and a jacket and the manager proceeded to berate me on my appearance. This was a major turn off for me. While ERAC as a whole corporation may be fantastic, perhaps their northeast region is not as well run as they think. It is difficult to get corporations to change but I feel they should come into 2014 and ease up on the white shirt only policy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

I declined because I felt this particular region is disorganized and is not the company for me.