Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,492 interviews

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

online application.... followed by a phone interview with region recruiter after the phone interview they wanna meet in person... very standard interview
    interview - region office with recruiter BE YOURSELF
    interview - branch manager and area manager BE YOURSELF GET INVOLVED ask a lot of questions
    interview with rvp(regional vice president)
    airport observation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2013.

3 interviews- 1st with a "Talent Acquistion Specialist." If you make it, 2nd interview with "Area Rental Manager" in charge of 5-8 branches. If you make it through that one, 3rd interview with "Regional Vice President" over 20-30 branches.

Interview Questions
    • Customer service. Sales. How would you handle a difficult situation? How will you react to working so hard and long?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee  in  Augusta, ME
    Anonymous Employee in Augusta, ME

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2014.

They really like to promote a fun work environment and culture. When I went in for a Branch observation they had told me they just finished tossing a football around. The assistant branch manager guided me through this. The office was very busy but they all played it off as fun. After the observation I met with the territory manager. This is when they asked a lot of "canned" questions. Such as from 1-10 how competitive are you? Enterprise does ask you to be somewhat flexible with ability to move locations if you want to advance through the company. The position I applied for was advertised for in the area I currently live. At each step of the process (4 total) the location of the job had changed. I was comfortable with moving to any of the first 3 locations, but the location I was offered a position at was in an area that is dangerous and I was not comfortable with moving to. This part was frustrating to me. I felt they really didn't know where they wanted me, they just wanted a body. I had 2 phone interviews and then did the branch observation and interview with the territory manager in one day. I was never told there was a company dress code. I showed up in a light blue shirt with a tie and a jacket and the manager proceeded to berate me on my appearance. This was a major turn off for me. While ERAC as a whole corporation may be fantastic, perhaps their northeast region is not as well run as they think. It is difficult to get corporations to change but I feel they should come into 2014 and ease up on the white shirt only policy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

I declined because I felt this particular region is disorganized and is not the company for me.

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview #1 - Phone Interview.. Very simple. Questions to get to know you.
    Interview #2 - In person interview.. Again rather easy. Basic interview questions. Want to get to know you a little more and what it is that you are looking for in a job.
    Interview #3 - In person again. Again, this was nothing out of this world to try and trick you. Basic questions to see what you have done.. more on background, strengths/weaknesses, what you want out of a career. Are you willing to work long grueling hours.

Offered the position via phone call.

Interview Questions
    • If you have been through an interview then they are all pretty basic.
      Most difficult - "What is the most awkward part of the sales experience?" or "What would your last employer say your weakness was?"
        Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Fairmont, WV
    Anonymous Employee in Fairmont, WV

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2012.

Phone Interview by the hiring manager for the area. If they tell you that they'll contact you then you didn't get it, they will immediately schedule you for an interview with the local office you are applying for. In Fairmont, the office was predominantly male, I actually did not see any female employees. You will be interviewed by the assistant manager, which is very casual, just some basic questions, explanation of the position, and a tour of the facility. That was followed by an interview with branch manager and regional manager. They ask you very basic interview questions but are very emotionless and hard to read. During the entire interview I felt like I had no idea how it was going, there are long pauses after you answer each question, which will make you feel like maybe you didn't say enough.

Management Trainee Interview

The interview was very easy. This included two interviews and one store observation. Both interviews were easy, lasted about twenty minutes. One was with a recruiter and the other with the regional manager.

No negotation

Management Trainee Interview

Phone interview went well. Asked basic question about experience and background. Face to face interview was casual and even easier. Was told I would be recommended for the next interview but never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to sell something. Explain Life goals.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

sales sales sales. Company is sales driven I lacked experience. dont understand how they hire college grads who come out with no experience. sales is the motive im guessing thats why i didnt get it.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2014.

It was a fast interview process, it took about two weeks all together. It was a series of three interviews, one with the recruiter, one where I observed a site for awhile and then had an interview with the site manager, and then the last one was with the area manager. They gave a lot of insight into their company and talked a lot about how competitive it was, the main premise was to beat out the other people in the company. Although I am a hard worker, I'm more motivated by working hard itself, not about how much I do compared to everyone else. And I think that's what has made me more influential and do better in past jobs. But intrinsic motivation wasn't really their gig, so at the last interview they said I lacked the competitive spirit.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you willing to do whatever it takes to get better sales than the guy next to you?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Applied online. Seen an advertisement on Indeed. Recieved a call from area manager about 8 days later. Brief phone interview. Asking about college degree and work experience. Was told I would be contacted for follow up interview.
    Area manager called about 8 days later. She called and said she wanted to schedule an in person interview for 7 days later. She seemed a little stressed over phone second time around and background was noisy I guess as a result of July 4th holiday weekend.
    Went to branch for in person interview. Business attire. Arrived early. Branch manager was off. Would interview with area manager. Spoke with assistant manger prior to interview I guess to "feel" me out. He sold me the Enterprise dream. Ie. Hardwork,Dedication,Sacrifice Etc. He was professional and passionate about how he came up through the ranks to assistant manager. Explained hours were long 7-6 everyday and company valued "hard work" aka selling additional coverage. Observed branch. Workers were pleasant but clearly understaffed. Basic retail job. Some washing cars in business attire and shoes while others rented vehicles to customers who knew complaining would get them free things.

Interview was casual and laid back About 30min. Asked a few questions from a few pieces of paper and typed. Asked behavorial type questions. Why Enterprise? Did you go above and beyond for a customer? Asked me where would I rank myself in selling additional features in relation to others in the area. Was very vague on actual job and salary. Salary is hourly and 49 hour work week is mandatory. She seemed a little uninterested and almost rushing me along. Ended with me asking her questions. Said others would be interviewing for position and I would be notified. Area manager looked under 30 and professed she would be with company forever because its so great and she put in the "hard work" aka selling upgrades. Selling the Dream to us gullible graduates. Received Generic Email 2 day later, they went with other candidates. Ok Experience but not for everyone.