Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Long Beach, CA) in November 2007.

Interview

Some minimal email contact with the recruiter, then the first interview is set up w/ someone from HR. She/he basically just tells you about the position, sees if you are still interested. That one is relatively low key. The next interview is 2 hours long. You spend an hour at a location, observing the day to day activities of the branch. After that you interview with the Area Manager. A little more intense than the first, but still pretty straight forward. They want to know that you aren't going to buckle under pressure and that you like people. After that the third interview is with a manager and a regional manager. Significantly more intense. They want to know that you can stand the hours, the pay, the tough situations. Being friendly and talkative is a huge plus. As long as you can keep your cool and are quick with your answers, you are golden.

Interview Questions

• Identify a time that you had to solve an issue in your workplace that was unsual or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They tell you what the salary is.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

one phone interview-easy
    1-on-1 interview- easy
    one 4 hr interview-tedious and long

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Pomona, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The phone interview is more or less just giving you, the prospect, information about the position, company, and interview. Questions were asked but not really considered. The 1:1 was difficult (for me) because it was late afternoon, the interviewer was clearly not in the mood when she finally got around to interviewing me (her last candidate) 30 minutes after our scheduled time, and the questions were tougher than I expected considering I had the phone interview Wednesday and was asked to come in the next day. Although it's a "management" position THEY REALLY WANT SALESPEOPLE. I thought this was funny considering I have NEVER been sold, or attemped to have been sold to, by an Enterprise employee and I have used them often! My impression is that they are only interested in NEW, YOUNG GRADS who are just starting their careers. If you are an older new grad, I'd advise you to disguise it somewhat in your resume and responses if you're younger looking.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time you overcame an objection? HINT: The interviewer was testy when I didn't answer the way she wanted so keep it brief, even if you feel you havent explained fully just wait to be prompted for more information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

phone call with license and background verbal check. Overall questions: how do you feel about sales?, work ethic ect...

Interview Questions

• -sell me a new kitchen remodel.

-describe a difficult situation that you could not solve. What was it? and how did you handle it?

2 Answers

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Burbank, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

I was recruited while renting a car to go to another interview. They called me the same day and that friday I went in for an interview with the HR manager.

I worked very hard and was able to take the management assistant test (The Grill) within 8 months and I was promoted to Assistant Manager within 12 months.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if we decide not to go with you for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

It's a three step interview process. First you meet with the recruiter. If all goes well, you then meet with an Area Manager for the second interview. The third interview is the longest. You have about a 30-60 min. observation followed by a 1 hour interview with the Branch Manager. They notify you within a week.

Interview Questions

• "What qualities do you think a manager should posses? Can you tell me where in the past you have been able to display these qualities? "   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set rate.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Gardena, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

First phone interview took about 5-7 minutes, mostly to confirm you are the right person are you 18 or older, did you have car accidents in the last 3 years etc. Then was asked to give an available time for a second interview.
    The second phone interview was with the same person plus the Business Manager.
    How did you handle an irate customer? how did you go above and beyond to solve a task? what's the position you are applying for? example of negotiation and time-management from prior experience. Some debits and credits questions. The interview was about 30 minutes.
    Third interview was face-to-face with the same two people. Questions were mostly behavioral plus they will check if you did your research on the company.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Huntington Beach, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

After applying online I received a phone call and answered some questions. A interview was set up for the following week. I met with a hiring manager and we went over my resume. My prior education and work experience was discussed. Standard questions like what motivates me and if I feel comfortable working with others and making sales.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the usual, just be prepared for questions like what is your greatest weakness and describe a experience where you had to over come a conflict in work or school and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Laguna Niguel, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Quick one on one phone interview, then a 1:1 interview where they ask basic sales type questions, just be confident and sound extremely interested in the job. Next is the branch observation and second interview, which again is pretty easy just interact with the staff and ask questions. Make small talk. Lastly is the interview with the area manager where he asks the same questions as the previous interviews. I was offered the position, unsure if I am taking it yet or not. It a lot of hours for minimal pay.

Interview Questions

I have not decided whether I am excepting or declining

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I wish I did better. I admit I messed up this interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can sale in a competitive environment?   1 Answer