Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions & Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

The phone interview is more or less just giving you, the prospect, information about the position, company, and interview. Questions were asked but not really considered. The 1:1 was difficult (for me) because it was late afternoon, the interviewer was clearly not in the mood when she finally got around to interviewing me (her last candidate) 30 minutes after our scheduled time, and the questions were tougher than I expected considering I had the phone interview Wednesday and was asked to come in the next day. Although it's a "management" position THEY REALLY WANT SALESPEOPLE. I thought this was funny considering I have NEVER been sold, or attemped to have been sold to, by an Enterprise employee and I have used them often! My impression is that they are only interested in NEW, YOUNG GRADS who are just starting their careers. If you are an older new grad, I'd advise you to disguise it somewhat in your resume and responses if you're younger looking.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example of a time you overcame an objection? HINT: The interviewer was testy when I didn't answer the way she wanted so keep it brief, even if you feel you havent explained fully just wait to be prompted for more information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2012.

phone call with license and background verbal check. Overall questions: how do you feel about sales?, work ethic ect...

Interview Questions
    • -sell me a new kitchen remodel.

-describe a difficult situation that you could not solve. What was it? and how did you handle it?
        View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2011.

one phone interview-easy
    1-on-1 interview- easy
    one 4 hr interview-tedious and long

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2007.

Some minimal email contact with the recruiter, then the first interview is set up w/ someone from HR. She/he basically just tells you about the position, sees if you are still interested. That one is relatively low key. The next interview is 2 hours long. You spend an hour at a location, observing the day to day activities of the branch. After that you interview with the Area Manager. A little more intense than the first, but still pretty straight forward. They want to know that you aren't going to buckle under pressure and that you like people. After that the third interview is with a manager and a regional manager. Significantly more intense. They want to know that you can stand the hours, the pay, the tough situations. Being friendly and talkative is a huge plus. As long as you can keep your cool and are quick with your answers, you are golden.

Interview Questions
    • Identify a time that you had to solve an issue in your workplace that was unsual or difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They tell you what the salary is.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2009.

I was recruited while renting a car to go to another interview. They called me the same day and that friday I went in for an interview with the HR manager.

I worked very hard and was able to take the management assistant test (The Grill) within 8 months and I was promoted to Assistant Manager within 12 months.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if we decide not to go with you for this position?   View Answer

Part-time Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2012.

It was a quick on the phone interview. Then I had an interview with two of the Supervisors in person. After five days of the interview, I was offered the position, at minimum wage.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what is the most difficult person that I had to deal with on my last position.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate. They were firm on the pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2011.

Phone interview, Interview with recruiter, and finally interview with Area Manager

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

It's a three step interview process. First you meet with the recruiter. If all goes well, you then meet with an Area Manager for the second interview. The third interview is the longest. You have about a 30-60 min. observation followed by a 1 hour interview with the Branch Manager. They notify you within a week.

Interview Questions
    • "What qualities do you think a manager should posses? Can you tell me where in the past you have been able to display these qualities? "   View Answer
    No negotiation. Set rate.

Anonymous Employee  in  Laguna Niguel, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2013.

Quick one on one phone interview, then a 1:1 interview where they ask basic sales type questions, just be confident and sound extremely interested in the job. Next is the branch observation and second interview, which again is pretty easy just interact with the staff and ask questions. Make small talk. Lastly is the interview with the area manager where he asks the same questions as the previous interviews. I was offered the position, unsure if I am taking it yet or not. It a lot of hours for minimal pay.

Interview Questions

I have not decided whether I am excepting or declining

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2007.

Phone interview with recruiter - easy. Interview with Area Manager - most difficult, since you will be hired in his/hr area. Picked apart my resume to ensure honesty, and career oriented. Interview with Branch Manager - personality test. Interview with Regional Manager, in case they veto.

Interview Questions
    • competitive? willing to work long hours? willing to wash cars? career?   View Answer
    • Are you overly qualified?   View Answer

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!