Enterprise Rent-A-Car

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2010.

Phone interview and 2 interviews with regional managers who were very conceited and could never see myself working for them

The management was unprofessional and rude during interview

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2009.

I applied online, and got a phone interview the next day. Not very exciting, the recruiter basically just verified the information and experience you have on the application. Then we scheduled another interview the very same week.
    The recruiter showed me a video about the company and job description. Then it was an one on one interview that contained very typical questions. Very boring. But the recruiter took a lot of time to talk about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2012.

It seemed promising but they're really looking for relevant sales experience. I have sales experience, but they weren't interested. It's pretty cut and dry. If you don't meet every item on their list, you're not going to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time when you developed a relationship with one of your customers?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2009.

The interview at Enterprise was facilitated at the corporate office in Culver City. The recruiting manager interviewed me. the questions that were asked were the usual interview questions: describe a time when you had to deal with a conflict, tell me about leadership roles you held, why do you wanna work here. I believe I answered the questions perfectly, but throughout the whole interview I could feel the interviewer looking at me in an odd way, as if she were judging me. I'm a minority, and she was of course the opposite, and i could sense some sort of racial bias before the interview even began. By the end of the interview she made no eye contact, and just told me they'll contact me if i make it to the 2nd round of interviews. She barely shook my hand, it was as if she didnt wanna touch me. Don't get me wrong, I consider myself an okay looking handsome guy. 5'10:, muscular build, clean face, but i guess my skin being darker than hers affected her decision. Kinda sad really when your first interview out of UC Berkeley, you get hit with the realities of being a minority in a white business world. Do not apply to Enterprise, the pay is terrible for a college grad.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenging experience where you had to assume the role of a leader.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2009.

The recruiter will call you and make sure you understand what the program is you are applying for. They are very nice. Then they set up interview number one with you. There are three total interviews. If you can make it past the first one, you are hired. They want to know that you plan on growing with the company, are competitive, have great customer service, and an easy to get along with personality, due to the fact you'll spend 50hrs/week with your coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation in your life and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. Everyone starts with the same pay.

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

Two interviews-- fairly easy... straight forward questions regarding past sales experience and encounters with customers...

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation where you went out of your way to make a customer happy   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2012.

Interview is quick. The position was offered after a few days. I accepted and worked within two weeks.

I was unable to negotiate the pay, it is across the board min wage. And now, after one year, a quarter raise ($.25).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

Was nice and easy just be confident and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Will you stay on for 2 years at least.   View Answer

I was not interested in sales as the only avenue to move up within the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

I applied online and was contacted back the following business day. They asked a few standard questions over the phone, such as address, what made you apply to enterprise, why you would be good for the position, etc. They then asked if I had any time within the next couple of days to come to their corporate office for an interview with a recruiter. I got there very early, didn't prepare at all, and the first interview was over before I knew it. They will ask a lot about your customer service and sales experience, a few scenario questions (none that you can't talk around and out of) and basically just hold a conversation with you to make sure that you can talk to virtual strangers and get points across. They were very nice and friendly and are willing to answer any of your questions about the company ( I suggest you think of a few to ask before going in). Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had an irate customer and what you did to rectify the situation before they left.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2011.

Have a Bachelor Degree (any field) To get hired first you apply to the website, they dont take any walk in resumes at but it doesnt hurt to get your face out there. Once selected the recruiter will contact you about 1-3 days from the time you applied. They will give you a 10 minute approximate interview over the phone to see if you will qualify and agree to the base pay. If your looking for new work or is right out of college, it doesn't sound bad at all. Once that process is complete they will set you up with the HR Manager of the area you are need in, to do your second interview in person.If you pass you will have to come in on a separate day to do your "Branch Observation" They do this to see how you interact with other employees, if you are outgoing and active, if your social, if you can handle the pace and work load, and if your a presence in the office. This is good to see if you could do the work, so they have you shadow an experienced employee to watch them sale and handle the work. After about 2 hours the hiring area and branch manager will interview you in a back office on site. If you pass your third interview you will be scheduled to attend training which is usually scheduled on a Monday. They do pay for training, hotel expense, food and pocket money while in training. Its located south of Down Town LA, ( cant disclose exact location) just think about 1 hour from san diego coming north and about 55 mins coming from the san fernando valley going south. Training last for a week (5 days M-F) during training you will learn basically the back end side of the business for example: computer programs you will be using and the promotion process. Then you learn a little about sales, depending on the teacher you might practice sales while in training. Believe me training doesn't teach you how to sell but what your selling. Once your done with all of the testing and training, you will be sent to a local branch, on your own, for your branch observation. Usually they send you to the branch you will work at but if its too far from the training facility they will send you to a local one. If you have the highest score on your final exam you will receive a leather binder indicating you were the top scorer. Once your done with all the training your usually scheduled to work your first full day that following Tuesday.They do this because Monday is the absolute busiest day every week through the year. In some cases you might have to wait another week before you can actually begin work. Based on my experience this usually happens because they hired you while either the Branch or Area Manger is out of town. They want to be there for your first day.

Interview Questions
    • The interview isn't what I would consider challenging. Enterprise seeks highly motivated and competitive people. They tend to be attracted to former athletes, especially in college. Its not mandatory to have a sports background to get hired, but if you did play any sport in high school or college your in a really good spot. Since the job is all about the being a team player and being very competitive, while taking care of your customers. They understand most former athletes have that "hard work drive" in them naturally. My advise is to highlight your success with any sport or form of competition you were apart of in the past. It makes the interview a lot more comfortable. Here's some questions that stood out : " Tell me about a time when you had to overcome adversity, what happened, what did you do to fix it, and what have you learned from that experience" ( sales type question) " Tell about a time when you were the leader and had to lead a team to achieve some sort of goal or expectation, and how did you do it?" (managerial type question) Trust me, a lot of people have very limited experience with these types of question and are forced to use an example that's not really related to the question. Most people will refer to something about a school project or something that happened while they were in Junior high school. There really isn't a wrong answer for this but it seems that those who have a good sports background tend to pass that oral interview with flying colors.   View Answer
    They dont really give you the chance to negotiate. They offer you the base pay for a Management Trainee take it or leave. On the plus side, that base pay is consistent with all MT'S so there isnt a negotiation.