Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.7

Part-time Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2012.

It was a quick on the phone interview. Then I had an interview with two of the Supervisors in person. After five days of the interview, I was offered the position, at minimum wage.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what is the most difficult person that I had to deal with on my last position.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate. They were firm on the pay.

Part Time Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2012.

I was interviewed and offered the job within one week.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a few questions about my previous relationships with my co-workers that I did not get along with.   View Answer
    I was unable to negotiate the pay. They pay everyone the same.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2012.

phone call with license and background verbal check. Overall questions: how do you feel about sales?, work ethic ect...

Interview Questions
    • -sell me a new kitchen remodel.

-describe a difficult situation that you could not solve. What was it? and how did you handle it?

View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2012.

It seemed promising but they're really looking for relevant sales experience. I have sales experience, but they weren't interested. It's pretty cut and dry. If you don't meet every item on their list, you're not going to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time when you developed a relationship with one of your customers?   View Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

The phone interview is more or less just giving you, the prospect, information about the position, company, and interview. Questions were asked but not really considered. The 1:1 was difficult (for me) because it was late afternoon, the interviewer was clearly not in the mood when she finally got around to interviewing me (her last candidate) 30 minutes after our scheduled time, and the questions were tougher than I expected considering I had the phone interview Wednesday and was asked to come in the next day. Although it's a "management" position THEY REALLY WANT SALESPEOPLE. I thought this was funny considering I have NEVER been sold, or attemped to have been sold to, by an Enterprise employee and I have used them often! My impression is that they are only interested in NEW, YOUNG GRADS who are just starting their careers. If you are an older new grad, I'd advise you to disguise it somewhat in your resume and responses if you're younger looking.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example of a time you overcame an objection? HINT: The interviewer was testy when I didn't answer the way she wanted so keep it brief, even if you feel you havent explained fully just wait to be prompted for more information.   Answer Question

MIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2011.

3 interviews one phone interview, two in person interviews. all were fairly simple just go in there with a big smile on your face. be confident and don't really care. just tell them how competitive, go getter, and team player mentality you have and how much value you can add to their roster

Interview Questions
    no negotation standard base pay hourly.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2011.

one phone interview-easy
    1-on-1 interview- easy
    one 4 hr interview-tedious and long

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

The interview process was very fast for me. I applied online and the same day received a phone call to come in and interview. After the first interview, I was sent for another with the branch manager and area manager. The interview was very short and straight and to the point and before I interviewed I observed the branch for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever been in a position you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was your response?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2011.

Phone interview, Interview with recruiter, and finally interview with Area Manager

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2011.

Have a Bachelor Degree (any field) To get hired first you apply to the website, they dont take any walk in resumes at but it doesnt hurt to get your face out there. Once selected the recruiter will contact you about 1-3 days from the time you applied. They will give you a 10 minute approximate interview over the phone to see if you will qualify and agree to the base pay. If your looking for new work or is right out of college, it doesn't sound bad at all. Once that process is complete they will set you up with the HR Manager of the area you are need in, to do your second interview in person.If you pass you will have to come in on a separate day to do your "Branch Observation" They do this to see how you interact with other employees, if you are outgoing and active, if your social, if you can handle the pace and work load, and if your a presence in the office. This is good to see if you could do the work, so they have you shadow an experienced employee to watch them sale and handle the work. After about 2 hours the hiring area and branch manager will interview you in a back office on site. If you pass your third interview you will be scheduled to attend training which is usually scheduled on a Monday. They do pay for training, hotel expense, food and pocket money while in training. Its located south of Down Town LA, ( cant disclose exact location) just think about 1 hour from san diego coming north and about 55 mins coming from the san fernando valley going south. Training last for a week (5 days M-F) during training you will learn basically the back end side of the business for example: computer programs you will be using and the promotion process. Then you learn a little about sales, depending on the teacher you might practice sales while in training. Believe me training doesn't teach you how to sell but what your selling. Once your done with all of the testing and training, you will be sent to a local branch, on your own, for your branch observation. Usually they send you to the branch you will work at but if its too far from the training facility they will send you to a local one. If you have the highest score on your final exam you will receive a leather binder indicating you were the top scorer. Once your done with all the training your usually scheduled to work your first full day that following Tuesday.They do this because Monday is the absolute busiest day every week through the year. In some cases you might have to wait another week before you can actually begin work. Based on my experience this usually happens because they hired you while either the Branch or Area Manger is out of town. They want to be there for your first day.

Interview Questions
    • The interview isn't what I would consider challenging. Enterprise seeks highly motivated and competitive people. They tend to be attracted to former athletes, especially in college. Its not mandatory to have a sports background to get hired, but if you did play any sport in high school or college your in a really good spot. Since the job is all about the being a team player and being very competitive, while taking care of your customers. They understand most former athletes have that "hard work drive" in them naturally. My advise is to highlight your success with any sport or form of competition you were apart of in the past. It makes the interview a lot more comfortable. Here's some questions that stood out : " Tell me about a time when you had to overcome adversity, what happened, what did you do to fix it, and what have you learned from that experience" ( sales type question) " Tell about a time when you were the leader and had to lead a team to achieve some sort of goal or expectation, and how did you do it?" (managerial type question) Trust me, a lot of people have very limited experience with these types of question and are forced to use an example that's not really related to the question. Most people will refer to something about a school project or something that happened while they were in Junior high school. There really isn't a wrong answer for this but it seems that those who have a good sports background tend to pass that oral interview with flying colors.   View Answer
    They dont really give you the chance to negotiate. They offer you the base pay for a Management Trainee take it or leave. On the plus side, that base pay is consistent with all MT'S so there isnt a negotiation.