Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions & Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2009.

I was recruited while renting a car to go to another interview. They called me the same day and that friday I went in for an interview with the HR manager.

I worked very hard and was able to take the management assistant test (The Grill) within 8 months and I was promoted to Assistant Manager within 12 months.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if we decide not to go with you for this position?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2009.

After applying online I received a phone call and answered some questions. A interview was set up for the following week. I met with a hiring manager and we went over my resume. My prior education and work experience was discussed. Standard questions like what motivates me and if I feel comfortable working with others and making sales.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the usual, just be prepared for questions like what is your greatest weakness and describe a experience where you had to over come a conflict in work or school and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gardena, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2012.

First phone interview took about 5-7 minutes, mostly to confirm you are the right person are you 18 or older, did you have car accidents in the last 3 years etc. Then was asked to give an available time for a second interview.
    The second phone interview was with the same person plus the Business Manager.
    How did you handle an irate customer? how did you go above and beyond to solve a task? what's the position you are applying for? example of negotiation and time-management from prior experience. Some debits and credits questions. The interview was about 30 minutes.
    Third interview was face-to-face with the same two people. Questions were mostly behavioral plus they will check if you did your research on the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

It's a three step interview process. First you meet with the recruiter. If all goes well, you then meet with an Area Manager for the second interview. The third interview is the longest. You have about a 30-60 min. observation followed by a 1 hour interview with the Branch Manager. They notify you within a week.

Interview Questions
    • "What qualities do you think a manager should posses? Can you tell me where in the past you have been able to display these qualities? "   View Answer
    No negotiation. Set rate.

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

Two interviews-- fairly easy... straight forward questions regarding past sales experience and encounters with customers...

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation where you went out of your way to make a customer happy   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2012.

phone call with license and background verbal check. Overall questions: how do you feel about sales?, work ethic ect...

Interview Questions
    • -sell me a new kitchen remodel.

-describe a difficult situation that you could not solve. What was it? and how did you handle it?
        View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2011.

Phone interview, Interview with recruiter, and finally interview with Area Manager

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer

Management & Sales Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2010.

3 step process- As long as you show enthusiasm, willingness to learn, competitive spirit and leadership ability you're in with a good chance.

1st: Recruiter
    Basic questions about your background. Sales background is preferred. Typical Q: What do you think is important in the sales process.

2nd: In branch shadow and Area Manager Interview
    Observe how the branch operates and then a more thorough interview about your background and resume. (explain what you observed and learnt from being at the branch)

3rd: Interview with the VP
    Most important thing: Close at the end. Saying you want the job.

Interview Questions
    • Is there an associate that said something negative about the company?   View Answer
    No Negotiation. Fixed Salary. You 'll take what they give you.

Anonymous Employee  in  Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2012.

It seemed promising but they're really looking for relevant sales experience. I have sales experience, but they weren't interested. It's pretty cut and dry. If you don't meet every item on their list, you're not going to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time when you developed a relationship with one of your customers?   View Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

The phone interview is more or less just giving you, the prospect, information about the position, company, and interview. Questions were asked but not really considered. The 1:1 was difficult (for me) because it was late afternoon, the interviewer was clearly not in the mood when she finally got around to interviewing me (her last candidate) 30 minutes after our scheduled time, and the questions were tougher than I expected considering I had the phone interview Wednesday and was asked to come in the next day. Although it's a "management" position THEY REALLY WANT SALESPEOPLE. I thought this was funny considering I have NEVER been sold, or attemped to have been sold to, by an Enterprise employee and I have used them often! My impression is that they are only interested in NEW, YOUNG GRADS who are just starting their careers. If you are an older new grad, I'd advise you to disguise it somewhat in your resume and responses if you're younger looking.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example of a time you overcame an objection? HINT: The interviewer was testy when I didn't answer the way she wanted so keep it brief, even if you feel you havent explained fully just wait to be prompted for more information.   Answer Question