Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Gardena, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2012.

Interview Details – First phone interview took about 5-7 minutes, mostly to confirm you are the right person are you 18 or older, did you have car accidents in the last 3 years etc. Then was asked to give an available time for a second interview.
The second phone interview was with the same person plus the Business Manager.
How did you handle an irate customer? how did you go above and beyond to solve a task? what's the position you are applying for? example of negotiation and time-management from prior experience. Some debits and credits questions. The interview was about 30 minutes.
Third interview was face-to-face with the same two people. Questions were mostly behavioral plus they will check if you did your research on the company.

Interview Questions

Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – It's a three step interview process. First you meet with the recruiter. If all goes well, you then meet with an Area Manager for the second interview. The third interview is the longest. You have about a 30-60 min. observation followed by a 1 hour interview with the Branch Manager. They notify you within a week.

Interview Question – "What qualities do you think a manager should posses? Can you tell me where in the past you have been able to display these qualities? "   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Set rate.

Management Trainee Intern Interview

West Los Angeles, CA

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – Two interviews-- fairly easy... straight forward questions regarding past sales experience and encounters with customers...

Interview Question – describe a situation where you went out of your way to make a customer happy   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2012.

Interview Details – phone call with license and background verbal check. Overall questions: how do you feel about sales?, work ethic ect...

Interview Question – -sell me a new kitchen remodel.

-describe a difficult situation that you could not solve. What was it? and how did you handle it?
  View Answers (2)

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, Interview with recruiter, and finally interview with Area Manager

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer

Management & Sales Internship Interview

Management & Sales Internship
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2010.

Interview Details – 3 step process- As long as you show enthusiasm, willingness to learn, competitive spirit and leadership ability you're in with a good chance.

1st: Recruiter
Basic questions about your background. Sales background is preferred. Typical Q: What do you think is important in the sales process.

2nd: In branch shadow and Area Manager Interview
Observe how the branch operates and then a more thorough interview about your background and resume. (explain what you observed and learnt from being at the branch)

3rd: Interview with the VP
Most important thing: Close at the end. Saying you want the job.

Interview Question – Is there an associate that said something negative about the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. Fixed Salary. You 'll take what they give you.

Simi Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2012.

Interview Details – It seemed promising but they're really looking for relevant sales experience. I have sales experience, but they weren't interested. It's pretty cut and dry. If you don't meet every item on their list, you're not going to get the job.

Interview Question – Can you think of a time when you developed a relationship with one of your customers?   View Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training
Pomona, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview is more or less just giving you, the prospect, information about the position, company, and interview. Questions were asked but not really considered. The 1:1 was difficult (for me) because it was late afternoon, the interviewer was clearly not in the mood when she finally got around to interviewing me (her last candidate) 30 minutes after our scheduled time, and the questions were tougher than I expected considering I had the phone interview Wednesday and was asked to come in the next day. Although it's a "management" position THEY REALLY WANT SALESPEOPLE. I thought this was funny considering I have NEVER been sold, or attemped to have been sold to, by an Enterprise employee and I have used them often! My impression is that they are only interested in NEW, YOUNG GRADS who are just starting their careers. If you are an older new grad, I'd advise you to disguise it somewhat in your resume and responses if you're younger looking.

Interview Question – Can you give me an example of a time you overcame an objection? HINT: The interviewer was testy when I didn't answer the way she wanted so keep it brief, even if you feel you havent explained fully just wait to be prompted for more information.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Costa Mesa, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview and 2 interviews with regional managers who were very conceited and could never see myself working for them

Reason for Declining – The management was unprofessional and rude during interview

Santa Ana, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2011.

Interview Details – one phone interview-easy