Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Met recruiters at a university career fair and applied online. They got back in touch within a week to set up a brief phone interview. Questions over the phone were very routine, looking for customer service background and overall career goals. Set up an in person interview with the recruiter the next day. Next interview was longer, but similar questions looking for customer service experience. They're looking for people that are outgoing and confident. Final interview was with branch and area managers and also involved an hour long branch observation. Lots of questions regarding customer service, but overall a fun interview they want social people who know how to work hard but have a good time.

Interview Questions
  • In a conflict if you were the manager, would you take your employee's side or the customer's side?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2014.

One phone interview, with basic questions. Very easy. Lasted maybe 10 minutes.

I got called back for a second interview with a HR rep. Lasted about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

This was my first entry level position out of college so I was not as prepared as I would've like to be. I applied on the website and recruiter contacted me 2 days later by phone. She asked me how I had heard about The program and why I wanted to work for the company. She asked me a few situational questions and then she said she would set up a face-to-faceface interview with an area manager. She suggested that I go to career services at my university to brush up on my interviewing skills and also come up with some good questions to ask at the interview. When I got there they had about 10 people in 1 room and we eat he'd a short movie about the company background. Afterwards different area managers called us back 1 by 1. The interview lasted about an hour and the asked behavioural questions. He informed me that he would put me through to the 3rd interview to to meet with the regional vice president but first I had to complete a branch visit. The receptionist scheduled my for my third interview and advised that I had to complete the branch visit prior to the final interview the next week. I went straight to the branch to get it out of the way. At the branch they were really too busy to go over much but I completed the task. The 3rd interviewer was more intense where she asked me more behavioural questions from star format. The area manager called me the next day to ask how he thought I did and told me they would like to offer me the position. I accepted the recruiter called me to do the background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to make a split second decision.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Had a phone interview for about 20 minutes where I was asked about basic questions-
    describe a time you had to overcome adversity in the workplace

Interview Questions
    • no questions were that unexpected; pretty basic interview questions; including strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2012.

The interview process was simple, I was contacted by an HR rep over the phone and we discussed some of my qualifications as well as my limited experience. I was then asked to interview in person at the downtown office and then again at the branch. I think what turned me off to the position was they told me outright that they wanted me to work long hours for relatively little money. I heard that multiple times, to the point where I decided that I didn't want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • No overly difficult questions, mostly just questions about your sales/work experience, all basic stuff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2012.

3 interview process. First phone interview which took about 15 min, asked basic questions. Second, one on one interview, very laid back asked more informational questions. Third, field interview with Regional and Branch Managers. Asked more behavior and situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Your manager gave you an assignment to do but do not give you enough resources. How do you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2012.

I was doing some browsing for a job / internship opportunity for the summer. I believe I saw the position for a "management trainee'' on linkedin. The qualifications education wise, and experience wise seemed doable so I gave it a shot. I have lots of retail experience so I figured it would be a decent fit.

I heard from one of their recruiters 11 days later. He thanked me for my interest and requested that I schedule a short phone interview. We exchanged a few emails and I ended up doing the phone interview 9 days later. I was not too nervous about the phone interview, it is the face to face action that gets me nervous. But he basically started off asking very simple yes or no questions, like "are you a US citizen" "do you have a license" "how many driving incidents?" "can you physically do this, this or that" "ok working full time?". Then after all the preliminary qualification questions he asked about experience and how it would apply. Asked about accomplishments. Customer service. How did I hear about this? Location, so they could match me up. Wish I could remember more, but it was not too intense. After 10-15 minutes he let me know that regardless or their decision they would be in touch.

5 hours later I received an email from one of their HR people saying that after speaking with the recruiter and reviewing my background, she wanted to set up an interview. I set the interview up for a date 5 days later.
    I really did not know what to expect. The receptionist was not the nicest most perky individual so that threw me off. Plus I did not get interviewed until about 35 minutes after I was scheduled. But once I got in, it was great. My lady was very cool and down to earth. Did not even really feel like an interview. It was a more like a natural conversation. The fact that it was so natural makes it hard to remember the type of questions she asked. I think she started off by asking me what I am about. I explained college student with retail experience. Wanted to know how I found out about it, and why enterprise. She wanted to know what I knew about enterprise and why it would be a great fit. We talked about customer service, and accountability. She really gave a ton of info about the position. What Enterprise expects etc. She wanted to know if I had questions, so I asked a few. She asked where do I want to be in 5 years, which kind of stumped me because I really don't know. But she acknowledged that it is hard and no one really knows. Really great interview, and she let me know asap that I was moving on to the next round. This interview would be with the branch manager and area manager that I would be working directly with. She recommended, and we both agreed that it would be better sooner than later, so I requested 2 days later and she said she would get back with me to confirm.

This last stage is an observation and then an interview.

After the observation I interviewed with the branch manager and the area manager. The branch manager was a very laid back guy. He has a great sense of humor, and with no disrespect, was a clown. But the area manager was a lot more intimidating. He was actually kind of nice and laid back too, but you could tell he meant business. The fact that it was a 2 on 1 interview made it a little nerve racking. Compared to my interview before, this was a lot more like an interview. He asked questions, I answered. Not much discussion. The branch manager didn't even ask questions I think. But it started out with info. The area manager let me know it is not easy. Basically said it sucked in a way. I did appreciate how straightforward he was though. He asked how I heard about it? Why do I want it? Why do I think I could sell rental insurance? He asked about customer service. Asked about a time I dealt with a difficult customer. What will I do to meet sales? Tell me about a time at work I met or exceeded sales? Asked where I see myself in the future? This time I was very prepared for that question. They then opened up for questions. At this stage I felt like I could not know any more about this job, but I managed to work up a few questions. They thanked me and let me know that I should hear something within a week. I really did not know what to expect, but I ended up getting an offer that night, missed the call actually, so I did not get the offer until after the weekend.

I ended up accepting. although I was not excited about the long hours and how demanding it would be. I would have no summer. But I told myself that A) I need the money. B) It is only a summer. and C) It will look good on my resume. And who knows what will come of it, because the branch manager at my location was once a trainee.

I really enjoyed their interview process though. Was not too long, and the communication was great across all levels. Guess that could depend on who you are dealing with, but everyone i dealt with was great

Interview Questions
    • Where will you be in 5 years/ where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    No negotiation, pay is set, hours are set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2008.

very nice hr representatives. also the managers that interviewed me were pretty positive. I did have my third interview with a branch manager that was a little grumpy. i do not fee like they are very honest in the interviews about what the job will actually be like. Once you actually start work there are a lot of surprises.

Interview Questions
    No there is absolutely no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2008.

Their were 2 interviews, the first was at the corporate office, the second was at the area office with the area manager and the branch manger that you you are going to be working with.

Interview Questions
    • Why would they chose me over the other candidates?   View Answer
    Their is no negotiations! They place you at a office nd the salary is the same for everyone.