Enterprise Rent-A-Car
3.0 of 5 2,702 reviews
www.go.enterprise.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions & Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Feb 19, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Downers Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to setup an interview the same day that I applied. Went to the initial interview with the recruiter in the corporate office. Pretty standard interview where do you see yourself in 5 years, behavioral questions about how you've handled various situations in your work experience, etc. After that interview I got a call back 2 days later to setup a 2nd interview and job shadow at a location closer to my home. Went into that location and met with the Branch Manager and the rest of the employees working that day learning about the software, what the day to day work is like, etc. After that I met with the Area Manager in which we had an interview that was about 45 minutes, same time as the first one and consisted of similar questions. The Area Manager told me that somebody would contact me within the week and nobody did. So, I sent my recruiter an email a week after the 2nd interview following up about it and they said I would not move on to the next step. All-in-all, I thought it was a pretty standard interview process. To be honest, I thought I did everything right and might have just gotten unlucky on the timing. Either way, it was a fairly positive experience and I would recommend it to fellow entry-level job seekers.

Interview Question – n/a all the questions were standard/expected   Answer Question

Highland, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview for the Management Trainee program. I went to a local Enterprise store, asked for the person interviewing me, and then was taken to a back room. It took place in a small office with the interviewer at his desk and I sat on the other side. The interviewer asked mostly typical interview questions (Why do you want to work at Enterprise?), but he also threw in a few curveballs

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service.   View Answer

South Suburban, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call from the HR man for Chicago. He asked a few simple customer service questions and where do I want to be in five years. We set up and interview together a few days later. There I had a 30 minute interview and at the end of it he told me what I did wrong because he "liked me." I then had my next interview at an actual Enterprise location. I shadowed them for a half an hour, got a tour, and then had an interview with the woman who was the branch manager. I got by the end of the week from the original HR man who said he and the branch manager really liked me, but they were going with another candidate. He said they never call people to reject them, but he wanted to call me because he wanted me to apply again in six months.

Interview Question – What did you want to do before this?
When was a time you were competitive?
You don't seem like the type of person for this position. Prove to me I'm wrong.
  Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2012.

Interview Details – First I was contacted for a phone interview. From that point there were three additional interviews. Once that was with the district recruiter, the next with the managers at the branch that I will be located and the other with the head of the district.

Interview Question – Why did you apply to Enterprise?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The hours were too much for the amount getting paid. 49+ hour work week.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2013.

Interview Details – Recruited on campus... first round interview and then a final interview

Interview Question – What is one thing you would change about this job or company?   View Answer

Naperville, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – (THIS WAS FOR ILLINOIS, I MOVED LATER) 3-step process. 1st with recruiter, 2nd shadow/interview with area manager, 3rd with Regional Vice President.

Interview Question – You are about to open up a restaurant, it is the day before the grand opening. You have your wait staff, cooks, hosts and management in one room. Give me the speech you would give them to 1. motivate them to make money and 2. ensure excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, set pay for every management trainee.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

Interview Details – ERAC called me up after seeing my resume on an online job site and asked me several questions about my post graduate plans. I told them I was interested in the job, but I was not impressed with the strict starting salary of 32k/yr even with extensive sales experience. However, I went in for the 1:1 interview with a young lady who was very cool and sold the job as well. I got excited and did some research on the company. The next interview was an observation and 1:1 with the area manager. I was not pleased with the hours the workers work for the pay, over 60 hours weekly. The job did not look that stressful, but I interviewed with the area manager and she like me a lot. Next I interviewed with the VP of the region and he offered me a job.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – After careful consideration and being offered another entry level position for 45k/yr I declined the offer. The job seemed to demanding and difficult for upward mobility. Some say they have been working for a couple years in the same position, one lady has been there for 10 years!

Chicago, IL

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had the phone interview, it went great. Told them how competitive I am, how out going I am, how driven I am. Then I got the one on one interview. Went to the office, she greeted me and asked if she could take a minute to look over my resume. I obliged because one I had to, and two I figured it was a test for me to mingle with the Assistant Manager there. So we shot the breeze talked a little about the company, the process, then I knew that they wanted someone that could get along with co-workers and be social, so we talked sports and all that. I honestly thought that I would get the next round, but after two weeks of waiting and trying to get in touch with the lady, I finally received the email saying that they were moving on in a different direction. Honestly, I know it is not the greatest job, but I was really looking forward to finally getting a steady job with some kind of salary. It is the heart of the college recruiting season so I guess there are hoards of interviewees that they have. Oh well another day, another lack of a dollar.

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2009.

Interview Details – You first get an HR phone interview very basic (get to know type of questions). Then you have an in branch 30 min. watch and see what they do daily. After about 30 min. you have a branch manager and area manager interview with the basic situational questions takes 45 min. Then they will call you back to have your final interview with regional manager (RVP) you talk about the same stuff you did with HR and in branch interview. I was offered the job from him on the spot. You then have to attended a three day training class at the regional head quarters. Its a good job, but nothing most people stay at for to many years. They pay there asst managers and branch managers very well for renting cars. If you take the job all I would say is to stay with it until you at least become a asst manager. If you stay a year and quit before that promotion you are only showing future employers that you could make it there and if you do stay and make it, it will open many doors for you. Many companies think very highly of there program.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to work in a team.... Tell me about a time you had to manage up (tell your boss he's in the wrong).................   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was a phone screen with a recruiter, she asked basic questions and then scheduled a time for us to meet in person for another interview. Second interview was 1 on 1 with the recruiter pretty much the same questions at the end she told me what salary would be plus benefits package. Third interview I was suppose to shadow a branch manager then interview with the district manager. When I showed up the branch manager just interviewed me while taking breaks to answer phones and such. Then the district manager came in and interviewed me. I tried to take notes but she told me to put my notepad away. She was pretty much talked me out of the job. She said I would move to four different location within the first year with no chance of better pay for at least a year. I told her I didn't have a car and she said I would need one after the first four months to do the job. Luckily I had another offer with a different company so I did not set up the final interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you sold to a customer who was reluctant and how did you turn them around?   Answer Question
  • If you are still in the same position this time next year, working long hours, low pay, on the bottom of the performance matrix why would you still want to work here?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay, relocating 4 times within a year and long hours. Not to mention five interviews for a job that doesn't pay much is ridiculous. They might do well for you if you stick with them for five years but I would look elsewhere.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.