Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2014

2.8

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I met with Enterprise at a career fair and got called for an interview up in Northern Virginia. The questions were mostly behavioral. They just want to see that you are articulate and can hold a conversation. After that I called back for a second interview with an Area Manager and this was more informal. He just drilled me with everyday questions to see that I could be personable and hold a conversation. He asked me what kind of music I liked, what my hobbies were, etc. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to to stand up for something you believed in, even when others thought you were wrong.   Answer Question
Didn't negotiate. They had a set hourly wage for Interns

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

3 step interview process. 1st is with the recruiter..basic questions. Next is with the district manager...have to sit in the office and observe for an hour before interview. A lot of sales questions

Interview Questions
    • They expect you to be able to sell insurances and such about 40% of the time. They ask "how would you be assured to meet that sales target?"   Answer Question

Too much emphasis on sales...not really management. You can't get a raise or promotion unless your top on the matrix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2013.

Very easy. I applied online on received a call to schedule an interview within three days. First interview was about thirty minutes at the administrative office and was conducted by a recruiter. The second interview was a few days later at one of the branches with the area manager. The second interview lasted about 45 minutes and was very bank-and-forth. A lot of the same basic interview questions that were in the first interview were also asked in the second interview. Lots of "Tell me about a time when..." , "What would you do differently" , "How would you handle a situation when...", etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you overcome this situation?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate for it was an intern position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

gave me a lot of hope and dragged on the entire application process. Came really close only to be dropped. good experience though

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you worked on a project with a team and the biggest achievement you got out of it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2013.

One phone interview, two face-to-face interviews, with the first being 30 min. and the second being an hour and a half. First one was pretty straight forward but the second interview was much more in depth and high-pressure. IF you read the mission statement and research the site a bit it shouldn't be too difficult. Be confident and relax. Smile and be yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2013.

Previous sales experience will make the interview easier. The interviewers made the interview session really natural and calm. If you're selected, you'll receive an email to confirm a phone interview, and if you pass the first stage, you'll be invited to go to a 1:1 interview. After that you're hired. Good luck

Interview Questions
    • They asked common questions, such as: tell me your strengths/weaknesses, why did you leave your other jobs, tell me a time where you went the extra mile for a person/customer   Answer Question

Management Trainee Intern Interview

First, I had a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straight forward. After the phone interview, I was asked to go to their corporate office to interview with the HR person there. Once that was completed, there was a branch observation where I went to watch how they operated. That same day, I interviewed with the area manager

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation which shows your competitiveness in a sales position   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I met the recruiter at a college career fair and gave her my resume. She was impressed and encouraged me to fill out an online application. I did so and she emailed me a few days later to interview with her at the regional office. She asked questions like "how did you handle an upset customer" and "name a time that you went above and beyond". This interview felt more like a conversation with an old friend. At the end of this interview, she said she wanted me to interview with the Area Manager. She called me later with the time, date, and place of my next interview.

I arrived at the branch and observed what a typical day is like. Be sure to pay attention because the Area Manager asked me questions about what I observed. After observations, I set down with the Branch Manager and we talked about how sales work at Enterprise and he gave me a tour of the Branch. After this, I interviewed with the Area Manager. When I say this was the hardest interview I ever had, believe me! The Area Manager was very quick with the questions and gave me no time to think. So it's good to prepare yourself with several "name a time" questions before the interview. Overall, it was a great interviewing experience and it made me a stronger interviewer. The recruiter called me two days later to offer me the position :)

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to give a co-worker some bad news   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2013.

Talked at a career fair at my university, she emailed me some available times to come interview and I picked. The recruiter was very nice when I arrived at the corporate office..but she conveniently left out some MAJOR details at the job fair..when I got to the corporate office one of the first things she told me was, "this internship is very competitive, there is only one position available for the the entire area (2 branches) and I have been interviewing people back to back all week". That sort of made me feel like I was wasting my time right off the bat. I knew right away even if I knocked this interview out of the park, it would be a long shot to receive an offer. During the interview, she changed gears big time telling me about the job description. At the career fair she made it out to be like it job of all jobs for people looking to get into the corporate world, experience in marketing, finance, accounting, I will be making crucial business decisions, ect. and during the interview she was basically like you will eat, breath, and sleep SALES and CUSTOMER SERVICE. She made that very clear. She told me verbatim that it was going to be about 70% working the "front line" and 30% doing some behind the scenes stuff. I definitely feel like the job is not as advertised.

Also, I have been in my neighborhood Enterprise RAC with my family looking to rent a van for vacation. I remember the guy that we talked to had sweat literally rolling off his face and I was thinking, why is this guy working the counter profusely sweating? Oh that's right, you'll also find out that you will be washing cars in long sleeves and ties during the middle of the summer.

I also feel that the interviewing process is definitely overkill for an "entry level" job. If you tell people that you are driving to Knoxville (2 hour drive) for an interview at a corporate office, then interview at a local branch, and then back to Knoxville for a third interview they will think you are interviewing for something like the President of a bank, and when you tell them no, it's for a job renting and washing cars in a suit, you will probably be laughed out of the room.

Enterprise certainly thinks too highly of the Management Trainee Program, must have a 4 year degree to sit for interview. Come on, any high school graduate could do this job, but they have so many applicants from where they sell the "this is your key to corporate success" idea. I would not try to get the Management Trainee full time job. With a 4 year business degree, you can find something wayyyyyy better than a Mon-Sat job 40-55 hour a week job that barely breaks the $30,000 a year mark. I just wanted the internship 10 week internship for some resume padding. Still waiting for a response from my recruiter, but my hopes aren't up.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you motivated someone to do something they didn't want to do.
      Tell me a time when you went above and beyond with a customer.
        Answer Question

Management Trainee Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

It takes four interviews for the usual. You do a phone interview, area manager and regional rental manager, branch manager and branch visit.

Interview Questions
    • What leadership qualities do you have?
      Describe your management style.
      Why do you deserve this job
        Answer Question