Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2014

2.8

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Typical sales interview - asked general questions about prior experience in sales/retail, if I've ever persuasively sold anything, and difficulty in dealing with people (customer service). I did not exactly have great answers to any of their questions so it was not surprising I was not asked for a second phone interview.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you had to deal with an angry or very difficult client/person (customer service, essentially)?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I met with Enterprise at a career fair and got called for an interview up in Northern Virginia. The questions were mostly behavioral. They just want to see that you are articulate and can hold a conversation. After that I called back for a second interview with an Area Manager and this was more informal. He just drilled me with everyday questions to see that I could be personable and hold a conversation. He asked me what kind of music I liked, what my hobbies were, etc. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to to stand up for something you believed in, even when others thought you were wrong.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. They had a set hourly wage for Interns

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2013.

I initially met the Enterprise recruiters at a college career fair. After applying online for the intern position, I had a series of 3 interviews. Two were over the phone, as I was not in the same city as the branch I would work at. The final interview consisted of an in-person interview at the branch location. I spent a couple hours observing the workplace and then one hour interviewing with the area manager. The questions were reasonable and mostly based on past experiences or how I dealt with certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very focused on customer service and work ethic.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. All interns start at $10 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midvale, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

The first interview was a simple phone screen. They ask you questions about your major, year in school, ability to work in the US, and why you are interested in Enterprise. Next is an in-person interview with HR. Enterprise is really looking for students interested in sales and customer service, so a lot of the questions revolve around sales and interacting with people. The third interview is with the Area Manager of the area you will be working in, and the last interview is with the Group Rental Manager. A total of four interviews, mostly looking for sales experience, great customer service skills, and business/entrepreneurial drive. The entire process took 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. They paid $11/hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2013.

I sent in my application to for the management trainee internship positions. A week after that I was contacted by a rep for the company via email. We set up a phone interview to see if I was able to breath then met in person at a branch office. The interview went good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2011.

Very detailed, interview with Branch Manager, then HR, then Branch Manager and Area Manager - All within a week

Interview Questions
    • Detail your college eductions and how it would project into success with ERAC   View Answer
    Pretty standard, not much room for negotiation

Management Trainee Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

3 step interview process. 1st is with the recruiter..basic questions. Next is with the district manager...have to sit in the office and observe for an hour before interview. A lot of sales questions

Interview Questions
    • They expect you to be able to sell insurances and such about 40% of the time. They ask "how would you be assured to meet that sales target?"   Answer Question

Too much emphasis on sales...not really management. You can't get a raise or promotion unless your top on the matrix

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2011.

Applied Online
    A couple weeks later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview.
    Then, I had in person interview at the branch with the HR person. Finally I had a final interview with branch and area manager. Called 1 wk later to offer job.

Interview Questions
    • Typical Job questions. They look for a positive attitude and someone they can talk with and not be awkward.   Answer Question
    As an intern there was not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2013.

One phone interview, two face-to-face interviews, with the first being 30 min. and the second being an hour and a half. First one was pretty straight forward but the second interview was much more in depth and high-pressure. IF you read the mission statement and research the site a bit it shouldn't be too difficult. Be confident and relax. Smile and be yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

gave me a lot of hope and dragged on the entire application process. Came really close only to be dropped. good experience though

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you worked on a project with a team and the biggest achievement you got out of it   Answer Question