Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Getting the Interview

712 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Initial interview was by phone with the HR Associate. After your first phone interview, you meet with the branch and/or area manager for a second interview. The final interview was with the area manager's boss (forgot his position) If you make it to the third interview, you basically have the job.

Interview Question – Questions about the company or scenarios. ex. " Describe a time when you...." Be prepared to ask questions at the end.   View Answer

Springfield, MO

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within a few days through the HR Talent Acquisition guy. Phone interview with him was very pleasant, he was very positive about my work experience, my college degree, and my answers to his questions. Because the position had to be filled quickly I was scheduled for a second interview and branch observation (1.5 hours from my home) 3 days later.

The branch observation was awkward because I literally was told to just sit there and watch while customers came though. Interview with the Area Manager lasted an hour and a half, which I thought was a good sign. She seemed EXTREMELY full of herself and her own accomplishments but was also quite positive about my own work experience and education, even though it wasn't directly related to the business/sales environment that they have at Enterprise. Because I mentioned my interest in world affairs/economics she kept asking if I was sure that Enterprise would be "intellectually stimulating" enough for me. Even though a lot of my experience directly out of college was in the nonprofit sector (AmeriCorps) she still seemed to like me and, except for her tooting her own horn so much, she seemed like a good boss to work for.

The third interview came 2 hours later through their video conference room with the next guy up, not sure his position, I think maybe Regional Vice President. Within a few minutes, it was quite obvious that he didn't like anything about me. He basically ridiculed my work experience, even asking me "So, you graduated in December of 2012, you're 24 years old, why no career yet?" Personally, I don't think that 24 years is old is anything to be ashamed of not having a definite career path yet, but that's just me I guess. I had been interested in Enterprise's Management Trainee program for over a year, but prior commitments (AmeriCorps) had delayed my application. However, I had taken the time using Glassdoor, Indeed, and friends who had experience with Enterprise to write out about 5 pages of likely interview questions and answers for them and studied them prior to the interview as to feel confident and not surprised. I was hardly asked any of these questions because the entire time he was just harping on how different my job experience was to what Enterprise was. I told him I was aware of that but tried to relate a lot of what I had done (I was actually in charge of gathering and analyzing data at my AmeriCorps job, so it wasn't all just working with kids). I did the Disney College Program directly out of college and he of course thought that was ridiculous. He asked me what other jobs I had applied for and even though the companies were very different than Enterprise, they were all sales/marketing/manager type positions but he kept telling me how he wasn't convinced I wanted to work for Enterprise because those jobs were all so different. As politely as I could, I tried to explain how they were similar positions, just not at a rental car company. I also tried to often cite the research I had done on the company, noting the various backgrounds/majors/careers that many of the now top executives had before they started at Enterprise but it was to no avail. I mean, even the HR guy I first spoke with told me he had been a teacher for several years before becoming a Manager Trainee!! I also tried to explain how my smart financial/academic choices had allowed me to graduate with my bachelor's degree debt free which is why I felt compelled to work for AmeriCorps, to give back a little since I felt I had been given a lot of great opportunities. Again, he wasn't impressed with this sentiment. Since my AmeriCorps job had been working with 6-8th graders, he even had the nerve to say that working with kids was not at all comparable to working with adults at Enterprise who are much more "demanding." He obviously hasn't been around middle schoolers in quite some time. It was obvious that I wasn't going to get the job but then he threw out a few random questions like "Which of Enterprise's products would you be most excited about selling?" "Give me your sales pitch for it." He did say that he thought I seemed smart, professional, polite, and well-spoken but it was pretty obvious that I wouldn't be getting the job if he had the final say. 3 days later I got an email saying they had chosen one of their other many qualified applicants.

I don't want to say that it was overall negative, because at least they are quick in responsiveness and at least they did grant me several interviews. I honestly do think the MT program is a cool program that really cuts down on nepotism within a company but the atmosphere did a seem a bit cult-ish. I felt very good about the first two interviews but my third interview was just not positive at all.

Interview Question – "What is your philosophy on Customer Service and Sales?"   Answer Question

Norwalk, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call from an Enterprise Recruiter. They wanted me to come down to interview. Office was shabby, people were aggressive, and I was waiting for 30 minutes after arriving on time.

I wouldn't want to wash cars all day anyway, but the interview was unnecessarily probing and arrogant. I was honestly relieved I could do more with my life.

Interview Question – Why would you succeed here with no sales experience?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Applied online and the following day I was contacted by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, which lasted for about 25 minutes. She talked about the overall job functions and asked me general questions about myself.

Interview Question – How do you feel about washing cars?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Very customer service oriented. Want a friendly people person with a moldable mind who they can train with their sales techniques.

Interview Question – Name a time you went above and beyond the call of duty to help a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set hourly pay

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – -3 interviews
- Personal background questions

Interview Question – When you played sports what was the most you've ever scored?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a quick phone screen from the hiring manager. Then I moved onto a one on one with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – If you were to rank yourself against other candidates, where would you put yourself?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After going through with the one on one interview with the hiring manager, it seemed to be more of a sales job than it was a management job. You work at a branch office getting customers to rent cars and you're put in a very competitive environment. I believe in healthy competition but for the work that you do for a summer internship, this is definitely not worth your time. I would rather work retail than do a "summer internship" with enterprise.

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process seemed like a cattle call. I waited about 5 minutes saw someone leave and interview, then someone else was waiting as I left. Interview wasn't anything out of the ordinary but the hiring manager was very condescending, acting like this was just the opportunity of a lifetime when clearly it is not.

Interview Question – These people love sales experience. They want to know specifics of exactly what you did and how you were judged on your performance.   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – The first round of interview is simple over the phone. Asked basic questions like how I found the internship and why I wanted to work for enterprise. They also asked about my driving records, if I have my license, any accidents in the past few years etc. Then the next step was an in person interview where they ask about your sales experiences.

Interview Question – The what would you do if....   Answer Question

Pensacola, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2010.

Interview Details – Two interviews and an observation. First Interview is with a recruiter who asks really simple questions. That interview is to simply test your ability to interview with the Area Manager. The second interview is much more difficult. If you show a lot of personality and build up your sales and customer service experience, they will love you!

Interview Question – Name a time when you were facing adversity and you had to lead a team through unexpected circumstances.... Wow! What a mouthful?!   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee interview questions and advice. All 712 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.