Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
780 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – The interview was very easy. This included two interviews and one store observation. Both interviews were easy, lasted about twenty minutes. One was with a recruiter and the other with the regional manager.

Interview Question – They were all standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – 3 Rounds. 1st is basically a meet and greet with a few BBI questions. They were pretty tough and the interviewer is not really listening but writing while you're answering the questions.

Interview Question – 3 most important aspects of every sale.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2014.

Interview Details – Began with a telephone call. Informal, but asked for me to go into great detail about my sales and customer service experience. I was unprepared so this was shaky. Luckily I had an employee referral, so I moved ont next round, which was in person. Two managers simultaneously interviewed and evaluated me. Again, they asked about my customer service experience. Very simple interview. 1 hour total. They were friendly.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. 1 with recruiter. 1 observation+interview with area manager. 1 last interview with upper management. Streamlined interview process that was quick and efficient. It was nice they got you through it quickly. After interview phase you get background checked.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2013.

Interview Details – First you start off with a phone interview, Next you interview with HR after HR you interview with your Area Manager/Group Manager. In between interview with HR you will do a branch observation Pay very close attention the observation. It will tell you if the company is right for you.

Interview Question – The interview questions are basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are not able to negotiate. Every MT makes the same

Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process began with a couple of screening phone calls, which eventually led to my first interview. Two more interviews followed, first with the branch and area managers, then with the regional VP. All interview questions were behavioral and situational based questions. It was a fairly run-of-the-mill type interview. No real surprises.

Interview Question – Nothing real difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Interview. The interview seemed to have went extremely smoothly and was confident, but received no offer. Received an email the following day stating "they have moved forward with more qualified candidates". Have a Management Degree interviewing for a trainee position, not sure how much more is needed.

Interview Question – Give an example and explain a specific time that you had to persuade a customer.   Answer Question

Williamsburg, VA

I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online with a response for phone interview within a two to three week wait period after submission of application. The interview was pretty straightforward. They asked for personal attributes making you the ideal candidate.

Interview Question – Routine interview   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview of generic questions - explain customer service history and leadership qualities. The whole process took about two weeks. I applied online through the website about recent graduates.

Interview Question – Asking you to remember specific events   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee interview questions and advice. All 780 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.