Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Getting the Interview

703 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Norwalk, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call from an Enterprise Recruiter. They wanted me to come down to interview. Office was shabby, people were aggressive, and I was waiting for 30 minutes after arriving on time.

I wouldn't want to wash cars all day anyway, but the interview was unnecessarily probing and arrogant. I was honestly relieved I could do more with my life.

Interview Question – Why would you succeed here with no sales experience?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – -3 interviews
- Personal background questions

Interview Question – When you played sports what was the most you've ever scored?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – The first round of interview is simple over the phone. Asked basic questions like how I found the internship and why I wanted to work for enterprise. They also asked about my driving records, if I have my license, any accidents in the past few years etc. Then the next step was an in person interview where they ask about your sales experiences.

Interview Question – The what would you do if....   Answer Question

Pensacola, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2010.

Interview Details – Two interviews and an observation. First Interview is with a recruiter who asks really simple questions. That interview is to simply test your ability to interview with the Area Manager. The second interview is much more difficult. If you show a lot of personality and build up your sales and customer service experience, they will love you!

Interview Question – Name a time when you were facing adversity and you had to lead a team through unexpected circumstances.... Wow! What a mouthful?!   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed which Area manager first, then regional manager and finally spent some time at a branch with the Branch Manager.

Interview Question – Asked me a lot about my sports history? Guess they were just looking for someone competitive.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy online application and then more email questions. It was pretty exhausting but they are very specific question to really get to know the individual. And then a phone call talking and getting to know more and later finding a time for a in person interview. They ask tough questions about past experiences and scenarios and this went on through a series of interviews.

Interview Question – Tell us about other places you have applied for.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Interview Details – Received initial call from recruiter based out of group headquarters in Phoenix. Set up 3 interview process. First was a phone interview, second was with the branch and area manager, third was with the group rental manager. All except the first interview were conducted in an arrogant manner, they even went so far as to insult my previous jobs. Office was busy and disorganized as 5 phone lines were ringing seemingly all the time with a constant line of people waiting to be put into cars. Customers were rude and the staff was doing the best they could to swallow their pride and just get the angry people into their cars. By the end of the first hour of observation the staff looked defeated and in poor spirits as they had just faced a verbal barrage from the customers. The interviewing managers were doing their best to pretend the environment was fun and friendly and that they were helping out the staff.

Interview Question – The Group Rental Manager asked "People who come from your previous line of work (which was restaurants) generally don't do so well in our company, they seem not cut out for it. Why would you be any different?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You generally wait about a week to a week and a half after your final interview unto which my Group Rental Manager called me and said he would like to offer me the job but wants me to understand he wants at least a 5 year commitment. As far as pay, they essentially baited and switched. They say the starting salary is about 35k a year but then during the interview process reveal that it's actually an hourly position where if you were to work 49 hours a week for 52 weeks a year you would then make the 35k.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – I can only comment on the Phone Interview. It was very brief and easy and lasted less that 10 minutes. General questions like - why enterprise? how do you define a leader? what are three words you use to describe yourself? The Basics. I look forward to the in-person interview next.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed at [something]?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Jackson, MS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview, please elaborate on your sales experience. Most of the questions are situation-based. "What would you do if"? Enterprise deals with many customers each day, so there are hundreds of possible situations. The focal point of the interview will be centered around sales. I wasn't asked any team-based questions, but it would still be good for you to have answers on standby. You can do it!

Interview Question – No curve balls, just have high energy, always smile. Don't be boring!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer a set salary because they want to engage you in their advancement opportunities.

Pittsfield, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2013.

Interview Details – The communication level was very fast, only a few days after submitting my resume I was contacted by an HR rep. There were two phone interviews and two in person interviews, one on site the other at a main hub branch. They are very upfront with who and what they are looking for and would rather be short staffed than hire the wrong person.

Interview Question – They ask many questions about your personality, especially if you're competitive or not. Being competitive is almost a must have quality. They also asked many situational questions; for example "if you are faced with an angry customer how do you deal with it?" or "How have you dealt with conflict in the past?". You will get many "Tell me about a time that you ...?" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiation as a management trainee, however as people move up in the company there are many different packages. If you want to be successful at enterprise being able to relocate is a quality you MUST have.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee interview questions and advice. All 703 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.