Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
781 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – The interview was very easy. This included two interviews and one store observation. Both interviews were easy, lasted about twenty minutes. One was with a recruiter and the other with the regional manager.

Interview Question – They were all standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. 1 with recruiter. 1 observation+interview with area manager. 1 last interview with upper management. Streamlined interview process that was quick and efficient. It was nice they got you through it quickly. After interview phase you get background checked.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Wilton, CT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone and asked about moving violations, what I considered good customer service, etc.

Then I did an in-person interview. Things went south very quickly. The interviewer constantly tried to "fact check" my examples, and claimed I was lying in at least 2 situations. He also was very confrontational throughout the interview, telling me that my examples weren't good enough and that other candidates were much better than I was. I am a graduate of a highly ranked university with countless internships, jobs, and high grades. He continued to nitpick and try to make me feel that my experiences were not valid in any way, and then decided to tell me that he didn't think I would do a good job. He asked me if I felt I was persuasive. When I said yes, he laughed in my face. Then he yawned and started texting on his iPhone. I wish I were making this up, but I truly had the worst interview experience I have ever had in my life.

At the end, it was time for me to ask questions. I asked him about the negative online reviews, how even got to his position, and why he thought pitting 5 trainees against one another for one management spot was conducive to a productive environment. By the end of this, he was very uncomfortable.

He then proceeded to ask me about the other jobs I was applying to. I listed several of the high-profile organizations I had applied to and have interviews scheduled with. He seemed to get even more uncomfortable and again tried to "catch" me lying. Then he showed me the door.

I applied to this program because I wasn't afraid of hard work and I knew I could do it, despite all the negative reviews I had read on here. The sheer rudeness and contempt I was met with from the minute I walked in the door was so shocking that I don't think I could ever work for this company. I'm a quality, highly educated, and experienced candidate who has done successfully in many other job interviews. I was well dressed, groomed, and very well prepared. There was nothing that warranted this kind of treatment and I am disgusted that I was called in simply to be his personal punching bag for an hour.

Interview Questions

• I interview 100 people in a month. Guess how many I choose?   View Answer
  • There are people who come in here with multiple leadership experiences, clubs, sports etc. ... and then there's you. With nothing. Why should I even pick you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Being treated how I was in the interview was inexcusable. I understand paying your dues and earning the respect of others, but I was treated so poorly that I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like working there.

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2013.

Interview Details – First you start off with a phone interview, Next you interview with HR after HR you interview with your Area Manager/Group Manager. In between interview with HR you will do a branch observation Pay very close attention the observation. It will tell you if the company is right for you.

Interview Question – The interview questions are basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are not able to negotiate. Every MT makes the same

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – 3 Rounds. 1st is basically a meet and greet with a few BBI questions. They were pretty tough and the interviewer is not really listening but writing while you're answering the questions.

Interview Question – 3 most important aspects of every sale.   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2014.

Interview Details – Began with a telephone call. Informal, but asked for me to go into great detail about my sales and customer service experience. I was unprepared so this was shaky. Luckily I had an employee referral, so I moved ont next round, which was in person. Two managers simultaneously interviewed and evaluated me. Again, they asked about my customer service experience. Very simple interview. 1 hour total. They were friendly.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process began with a couple of screening phone calls, which eventually led to my first interview. Two more interviews followed, first with the branch and area managers, then with the regional VP. All interview questions were behavioral and situational based questions. It was a fairly run-of-the-mill type interview. No real surprises.

Interview Question – Nothing real difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was emailed shortly after to schedule a phone interview. Interviewer called and asked basic preliminary questions and I was told I would hear a week from them about if I was being kept in the interview process. 2 weeks later I get an email saying that I'm "not a match for what they are seeking". I am a recent college graduate who graduated with honors with a business degree, has customer service experience and has held multiple professional internships.... So they are looking for underachievers? Unimpressed.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Williamsburg, VA

I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online with a response for phone interview within a two to three week wait period after submission of application. The interview was pretty straightforward. They asked for personal attributes making you the ideal candidate.

Interview Question – Routine interview   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee interview questions and advice. All 781 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.