Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
818 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Management Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – The process was good. Had a phone interview with HR, then a in person interview with HR and also a in person interview with Area Manager. The process went well, but I ended up declining the offer, it is a good role to start off, but I have heard that it is a customer service position fully and you need to wear a suit to wash cars.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1- 10, how competitive are you ?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was looking for more of an analytical role. This position is good for customer service and sales. Pretty easy to get this positon for new college grads.

Management Trainee

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. After 4 interviews I was offered the job. Met with the internal requiter, branch manager, assistant manager and final interview with the area manager, offered the job by internal

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Applied online. Recruiter contacted within 1 week. Very easy interview. Be yourself. 1 week for phone interview and in person with recruiter. 2 week for branch observation and interview. 1 week in training (hotel and expenses paid).

Interview Question – Answer questions, give examples and details.   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details – Many interviews for a simple job title that hires kids straight out of college. Recruiters are energetic but branch managers not as much. They ask you to do a phone interview in person interview and to shadow an store for about 2 hours. Manager for 3rd interview was not really writing down answers to questions. It appears interview was only being done because they were asked to do it. No actual interest in filling a position.

Interview Question – What was a time you faced a difficult task at work?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not want to work anywhere where the energy was low. Also found out turnover was high. Probably due to hiring college students with no work experience.

Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of initial phone interview followed by three in-person interviews.

The phone interview was very much a standard. Who are you? How did you find out about Enterprise? What's your history? etc...

The first in-person interview was with the same person. It a little over an hour long. Questions were along the lines of using examples in the past to show how you solved problems, etc..

The second interview was with the Area Manager and one of the branch managers. This person wanted to see personality.

The third interview was with the Regional Vice-President. This person really wanted to make sure I was a good fit, questioning anything that might not line up, or just going into further detal.

It took about 10 days to get a response after that.

Interview Question – What am I most proud of?   Answer Question

Management Trainee

Interview Details – 3 step process. i first received a phone call and had a brief interview. i was asked questions about why i was interested in the position and why i wanted to leave my current job. the recruiter then scheduled an in person interview with him and at that interview he asked me a lot of customer service based questions and if/how i have ever encountered situations. i then had another interview a few days later at the actual location that i would potentially be working at. the first hour was for observation and the second hour was an interview with the branch manager and the area manager. they asked a lot of the same questions as the recruiter.

Interview Question – have you ever had conflict with the people on your team and if so what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

San Rafael, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2014.

Interview Details – Got an email saying to call them back. I did, and no one answered. I called again the next day, no one answered. Finally got a call back 3 days later while out with my family. I scheduled a phone interview the next morning. The recruiter told me she was conducting the phone interview from her car, while driving. She told me all my qualifications were great, and that she would love to see me in person. I went in for an interview, and everything seemed to be going great. I had answers for all of her questions. At the end, she told me I would hear back about the job on the following Monday. I wrote an email on Monday thanking her for her time and the interview, and it is currently a week later, and I have not received any feedback. Not even a response to my email.

Interview Question – Lots of: Explain a time when... questions   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – First you apply online based on location and trainee program availability. Then an HR recruiter emails you to schedule a phone call interview which seems to serve as a preliminary screening. The questions are basic, and it is a short phone call, no more than 20 minutes. Asks questions like why do you think you are a good fit for Enterprise, and what makes you an effective leader. Then if you make it past that, they let you know very soon to schedule face to face interview in administrative office. I went in and same recruiter from phone call did interview, seemed to build a good rapport and go smoothly, there were a lot of tricky and open ended questions, nothing super out of the ordinary though. Lots of "describe a time" questions, prepare and have lots of specific examples.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to make an unfavorable decision.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – You are asked to meet with recruiter and an area manager. You sit down and discuss your past, present and future career goals. It's is just a typical job interview. "Where do you see yourself in 5 years, name a difficult opportunity you were faced with and how did you overcome it". To be honest I don't really remember the interview. Nothing too hard

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!