Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I started off applying to the job online and within the week received a phone interview. The phone interview lasted around 15 minutes and asked questions related to your resume. After that I got called into another interview with an employee in the HR department. She asked many situational questions. "Have you ever dealt with an angry customer?" or "When have you needed to step up in a group scenario?" Simple questions. The last interview was with the branch you will potentially work with. The first hour I just went around and talked to all the employees. It was all just friendly conversation to see if I would fit in, not many work related questions. Then I was interviewed by that Branches Manager along with the Area Manager. Wanted to see what I knew before going into the interview and I was asked many questions about both Sales and Customer Service experience. Overall it was a pretty solid process.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Began with a phone screening/basic interview then was asked to come in for a second interview in their office. I met with the HR recruiter and she asked questions about my sales and management experience. Although online it said the program was 30 hours a week, the interviewer told me the interns last summer worked 40-45 hours a week. The program is directed towards sales, not management. You are also expected to wash cars while in business professional attire. Make sure you research the company because she asked me what I knew about the real management trainee program. They definitely want you to stay with the company if you participate in the intern program. I was then offered a third interview with the area recruiter, but I declined.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the management trainee program? Where do you expect this internship to get you (they want to see if you are interested in staying within the company). How have you sold a product someone is completely against?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied online and got a call a week later for a phone interview. The interview was relatively short and the interviewer was very nice. She asked about my intentions with enterprise and what I was looking for in the near future. She asked what I thought the key to success in effective customer service was. She then called again the following week to set up a personal interview. The interview was a success we actually talked about her experience at enterprise and she mentioned how I was a strong candidate! She even set up my next interview as soon as possible which was the branch interview. Here is where I decided it was a bad idea.

Upon arrival (on time) to my interview, the branch manager wasn't even there. I had to wait about 30 minutes for him to show up. I then proceeded to learn about what the position consisted of. The office had no desks, no floors and was going through remodeling, it was a fiasco! They mentioned how I had to wash the cars which I had no problem with if there was enough room to grow.

I walked into the office for the final interview and the branch manager (which was very concerned with customer service) was arrogant no smiles. He second guessed everything I said as if he was waiting for me to choke but I didn't. I kept professional at all times and basically had a good answer to every question. I then proceeded to interview him about experiences and potential growth form within the company but I think he didn't appreciate me asking questions.

I was notified via email a week later that they had gone with another candidate. This was my problem with enterprise! 3 weeks of interviewing for a position with no growth and high stress due to high sales expectations! Pay was good but with the very long hours (literally your life) it came down to like 13 dollars an hour! I feel like my time was wasted! I really did a good job, but because the branch manager was having a bad day I did not receive the offer, when everyone else I met told me I was a strong candidate.

Interview Questions
    • basically STAR questions. Why enterprise? when was a time you went above and beyond for a customer? a time where you handled an angry customer   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

pretty casual, a lot of sales related questions and the company focus a lot on customer service aspect of the business.the first question that they asked was what do you know about our campany, so do some research before going.i think the questions that they ask each candadate are the same, they have a set of ten questions i believe

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied online and a week later got a call from the Talent Aquisition manager to set up a phone I interview. Right now I am scheduled for my next interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for enterprise?
      Tell me about your leadership and sales experience?

Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Responded very quickly to my resume with positive feedback. Many locations to interview at along with a very flexible schedule. I was very pleased with how organized the entire process was; very efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Very situational questions. Describe when you had to make a hard sell to someone, etc.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

There were three interviews. The first was a phone call with the talent aquisition manager, and the second an in person interview with them. The third interview was shadowing around the office, followed by an interview with the branch manager and regional manager.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

It was pretty welcoming. There was an opportunity to go to the regional office for the first round. They shared a lot about the ability to be promoted. Very upfront, great benefits included.

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Phone interview was first. Once I got the face to face interview I was excited. The hiring recruiter was almost like pulling teeth. I still can't quite figure out why she would be in HR. Normal interview questions but she completely deterred me from the company making it sound long hard and miserable. I had high hopes but left the interview not so sure about Enterprise. Was offered a second face to face interview but declined. Wouldn't apply again.

Interview Questions
    • A specific time when you faced challenges?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2015.

Extensive, Three rounds of interviews all at different locations. The three individuals that interviewed me were very friendly and inviting. It was not a stressful atmosphere, the interviewer and the employees in the stores were welcoming and joking.

The interviewers picked a little and asked more negative questions:
    When did you make a mistake
    When did you fix others mistakes
    What do you do when your'e stress etc.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you had to compensate for another's mistake?   Answer Question