Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions & Reviews

821 interviews

2.9

821 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question
Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2014.

Applied for a position outside of my current city. Scheduled a phone interview with the recruiter it lasted about 10mins. She asked questions about employment history. But the main focus of the conversation was about my familiarity with sales. Are you still willing to relocate? What are will you be in specifically to properly place you? Have you ever been in a sales position? How often do u up sell?

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2013.

Consisted of three parts:

First a brief phone interview just to gauge interest. It was very relaxed, low stress with very few prodding questions. Basic interests, why you applied, what you know about the company and position.

Second was a skype interview, accept they don't use skype.. they use a third party web conference program that quiet frankly.. sucks. You get a 10 second delayed feedback of your own voice coming back out your speakers which was pretty distracting. Mute your sound when your answering a question and un-mute when your interviewer starts talking again.

Third and final step was an in person interview at a local location. Takes about half hour, and included every single cliche interview question imaginable, strengths - weaknesses - where do you see your self in 5 years - tell me about a time you failed - tell me a time when you reached and grabbed success - all the typical stuff. After the third interview you get a call a few days later with the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • All were very standard, but when they asked "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer

Pursued a better paying internship

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The process was good. Had a phone interview with HR, then a in person interview with HR and also a in person interview with Area Manager. The process went well, but I ended up declining the offer, it is a good role to start off, but I have heard that it is a customer service position fully and you need to wear a suit to wash cars.

Interview Questions

I was looking for more of an analytical role. This position is good for customer service and sales. Pretty easy to get this positon for new college grads.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Phone Interview, HR rep Interview, Area Manager Interview, Group Rental Manager Interview, Hire. Sales, Sales, Sales, Organization, Prioritization, Self driven, independence, competitiveness. and love of money. ...sales, sales, sales, and sales.

Standard

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2010.

Applied online. After 4 interviews I was offered the job. Met with the internal requiter, branch manager, assistant manager and final interview with the area manager, offered the job by internal

No negotiation

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Applied online. Recruiter contacted within 1 week. Very easy interview. Be yourself. 1 week for phone interview and in person with recruiter. 2 week for branch observation and interview. 1 week in training (hotel and expenses paid).

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Many interviews for a simple job title that hires kids straight out of college. Recruiters are energetic but branch managers not as much. They ask you to do a phone interview in person interview and to shadow an store for about 2 hours. Manager for 3rd interview was not really writing down answers to questions. It appears interview was only being done because they were asked to do it. No actual interest in filling a position.

Interview Questions

Did not want to work anywhere where the energy was low. Also found out turnover was high. Probably due to hiring college students with no work experience.

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

3 step process. i first received a phone call and had a brief interview. i was asked questions about why i was interested in the position and why i wanted to leave my current job. the recruiter then scheduled an in person interview with him and at that interview he asked me a lot of customer service based questions and if/how i have ever encountered situations. i then had another interview a few days later at the actual location that i would potentially be working at. the first hour was for observation and the second hour was an interview with the branch manager and the area manager. they asked a lot of the same questions as the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • have you ever had conflict with the people on your team and if so what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Interview process consisted of initial phone interview followed by three in-person interviews.

The phone interview was very much a standard. Who are you? How did you find out about Enterprise? What's your history? etc...

The first in-person interview was with the same person. It a little over an hour long. Questions were along the lines of using examples in the past to show how you solved problems, etc..

The second interview was with the Area Manager and one of the branch managers. This person wanted to see personality.

The third interview was with the Regional Vice-President. This person really wanted to make sure I was a good fit, questioning anything that might not line up, or just going into further detal.

It took about 10 days to get a response after that.

Interview Questions

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!