Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.9

858 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question
Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

Process was very professional. The interview questions were basic and were not difficult. I had a brief interview at the college career fair. I received a call the same day to schedule an interview. They like people who are competitive. They are also looking for long-term employees so be sure that your career objective is in line with theirs. Although the interview really liked me and thought my interview went well, she did not hire me because my career objective did not line up with Enterprises'.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The first interview was over the phone. I was traveling when I got the call and stopped on the side of the road to take it. After the phone interview, I was invited to a second interview at the regional office. They were flexible as I was out of town at the time. I went in and first met and interviewed with a Management Trainee, who allowed me to ask questions about daily operations. Afterwards, I was taken to the site manager's office and interviewed with him and the regional manager. They were all very welcoming and were interested in getting to know me as a person, as well as a potential employee. Shortly thereafter I was offered a position with another one of their local offices.

Interview Questions
    • They were interested in my military background, primarily with leadership and management responsibilities. The questions were mostly behavioral but some did have to do with sales experience. It was all pretty standard. Nothing I can think of caught me off-guard. Just be sure you can talk specifically about past experiences and how you handled bad situations.   Answer Question
    Intern pay was standard. No negotiation.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied online, had a quick phone interview, then she set up an in person interview with HR. The whole process went pretty quick. Interview was pretty straight forward. Interviewer didn't seem like she wanted to interact, she just wanted to ask the usual questions. I did not make it to the next step of the interview process, but it would've been another interview with the manager of the branch.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. Have you even sold something to someone who didn't want it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I talked to a recruiter and sent them a thank you e-mail. A couple days later they e-mailed me for asking for an interview. The interview was one on one and they mostly asked behavioral questions. I still haven't heard back from them about second round interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time a customer was upset with your service and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The interview depends on the interviewer. They are looking for a good fit for the branch/ area, Enterprise likes to focus on creating a sales environment. Interview should talk about your passion for sales and that you are a hard worker. Phone screen, Interview with Area Recruiter, Branch visit and interview, Regional VP interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed on ambition you ability to thrive in adverse situations.   Answer Question
    none

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

3 Interviews. All other reviews are correct. 1st one is easiest, 2nd is harder. Behavioral approach. They are looking for energetic, confident people that are looking to sell their butt off.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work 7 days a week, some locations may open up on Sunday   Answer Question

Other offers had a better work/life balance with same pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, CT

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Submitted online application and wasn't contacted for over a month. When I finally was, it was via email to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes and was pretty rigorous. Lots of questions involving examples. Told me they'd be in contact if they wanted to set up an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basically any question that you'd have to provide an example of a previous work situation for.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The process was very straight forwards and the interviewer was very nice. It is a three step interview first with a recruiter then job shadow with area manager and branch manager, and then an interview with VP. They also do not negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tifton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tifton, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2014.

applied online and after 2 days I received an email to set up a phone interview time. I followed the link and set up the phone interview time, but the morning of the phone interview I received a call saying that the HR person had a family emergency and I would need to reschedule. So I reschedules and then the HR person didn't call until more than an hour later than the phone interview had been set up for. She didn't even acknowledge that she was calling late. She asked a few basic questions that I had already answered online while applying and then said that she wanted to set up an in-person interview for the next Monday at a location that was over an hour away from the location I applied at, even though she was driving from Alabama to Georgia anyway. I wake up the morning of the in-person interview, got ready and as I was about to head out the door I checked my email and she had emailed me to change the date of the in-person interview to the following Monday because she had a stomach virus. I waited until the following week and went to the interview, I showed up 15 minutes early and was told to sit in the waiting area. The Enterprise location I was at was horrible. There was dirt and trash all over the floor as if no one had vacuumed since the place had opened. The walls although brightly painted were covered in skid marks and dirt. I finally get called back and the women tells me all about herself and how shes been with the company for 8 years and had 5 different jobs within the company. She seemed more nervous then me. She finally got around to asking me some of the oddest questions I have ever been asked in an interview. There of course were the basics like why this company and all but then she started asking "whats something good you have heard about the company?" Whats something bad you have seen posted on the internet about this location" "How many interviews have you been on lately?" "what companies other than Enterprise have you applied with?" " Why do you think those other companies didn't hire you?" I was then told that 3 or 4 other people had interviews that day with her and that if I went on to the next round she would email me to let me know the next day. After asking she said that there would be 2 more interviews if I passed this one. I received an email the next day saying "Thanks but no thanks"

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think those other companies havent hire you?   View Answer