Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
789 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Wilton, CT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone and asked about moving violations, what I considered good customer service, etc.

Then I did an in-person interview. Things went south very quickly. The interviewer constantly tried to "fact check" my examples, and claimed I was lying in at least 2 situations. He also was very confrontational throughout the interview, telling me that my examples weren't good enough and that other candidates were much better than I was. I am a graduate of a highly ranked university with countless internships, jobs, and high grades. He continued to nitpick and try to make me feel that my experiences were not valid in any way, and then decided to tell me that he didn't think I would do a good job. He asked me if I felt I was persuasive. When I said yes, he laughed in my face. Then he yawned and started texting on his iPhone. I wish I were making this up, but I truly had the worst interview experience I have ever had in my life.

At the end, it was time for me to ask questions. I asked him about the negative online reviews, how even got to his position, and why he thought pitting 5 trainees against one another for one management spot was conducive to a productive environment. By the end of this, he was very uncomfortable.

He then proceeded to ask me about the other jobs I was applying to. I listed several of the high-profile organizations I had applied to and have interviews scheduled with. He seemed to get even more uncomfortable and again tried to "catch" me lying. Then he showed me the door.

I applied to this program because I wasn't afraid of hard work and I knew I could do it, despite all the negative reviews I had read on here. The sheer rudeness and contempt I was met with from the minute I walked in the door was so shocking that I don't think I could ever work for this company. I'm a quality, highly educated, and experienced candidate who has done successfully in many other job interviews. I was well dressed, groomed, and very well prepared. There was nothing that warranted this kind of treatment and I am disgusted that I was called in simply to be his personal punching bag for an hour.

Interview Questions

• I interview 100 people in a month. Guess how many I choose?   View Answer
  • There are people who come in here with multiple leadership experiences, clubs, sports etc. ... and then there's you. With nothing. Why should I even pick you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Being treated how I was in the interview was inexcusable. I understand paying your dues and earning the respect of others, but I was treated so poorly that I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like working there.

Management Trainee

Interview Details – The interview process start with a phone interview which tells you about the job such as pay and the hours you will be working and if you are comfortable with it. The next step to this is they will ask you to come in to their office for an interview face to face in which they will want to know more about your past experiences with working with customers. Please answer these behavioral questions with the STAR method and be thorough as possible. If you proceed from here you will be asked to come to one of the enterprise locations and you will be asked to observe the environment and work area. If I were you, and if you are truly interested in this job, do not sit down. Stand up and ask questions, talk to the customers so that you really understand the work environment. I did not make it beyond this point but the next step would be another interview with the district manager I believe. I believe the ultimate factor is that you really have to fit in with the culture of the environment.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Augusta, ME

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2014.

Interview Details – They really like to promote a fun work environment and culture. When I went in for a Branch observation they had told me they just finished tossing a football around. The assistant branch manager guided me through this. The office was very busy but they all played it off as fun. After the observation I met with the territory manager. This is when they asked a lot of "canned" questions. Such as from 1-10 how competitive are you? Enterprise does ask you to be somewhat flexible with ability to move locations if you want to advance through the company. The position I applied for was advertised for in the area I currently live. At each step of the process (4 total) the location of the job had changed. I was comfortable with moving to any of the first 3 locations, but the location I was offered a position at was in an area that is dangerous and I was not comfortable with moving to. This part was frustrating to me. I felt they really didn't know where they wanted me, they just wanted a body. I had 2 phone interviews and then did the branch observation and interview with the territory manager in one day. I was never told there was a company dress code. I showed up in a light blue shirt with a tie and a jacket and the manager proceeded to berate me on my appearance. This was a major turn off for me. While ERAC as a whole corporation may be fantastic, perhaps their northeast region is not as well run as they think. It is difficult to get corporations to change but I feel they should come into 2014 and ease up on the white shirt only policy.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I felt this particular region is disorganized and is not the company for me.

Plano, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews- 1st with a "Talent Acquistion Specialist." If you make it, 2nd interview with "Area Rental Manager" in charge of 5-8 branches. If you make it through that one, 3rd interview with "Regional Vice President" over 20-30 branches.

Interview Question – Customer service. Sales. How would you handle a difficult situation? How will you react to working so hard and long?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Management Trainee

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview Details – Interview #1 - Phone Interview.. Very simple. Questions to get to know you.
Interview #2 - In person interview.. Again rather easy. Basic interview questions. Want to get to know you a little more and what it is that you are looking for in a job.
Interview #3 - In person again. Again, this was nothing out of this world to try and trick you. Basic questions to see what you have done.. more on background, strengths/weaknesses, what you want out of a career. Are you willing to work long grueling hours.

Offered the position via phone call.

Interview Question – If you have been through an interview then they are all pretty basic.
Most difficult - "What is the most awkward part of the sales experience?" or "What would your last employer say your weakness was?"
  Answer Question

Fairmont, WV

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview by the hiring manager for the area. If they tell you that they'll contact you then you didn't get it, they will immediately schedule you for an interview with the local office you are applying for. In Fairmont, the office was predominantly male, I actually did not see any female employees. You will be interviewed by the assistant manager, which is very casual, just some basic questions, explanation of the position, and a tour of the facility. That was followed by an interview with branch manager and regional manager. They ask you very basic interview questions but are very emotionless and hard to read. During the entire interview I felt like I had no idea how it was going, there are long pauses after you answer each question, which will make you feel like maybe you didn't say enough.

Interview Question – What do I want from this job?   View Answer

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – Phone interview went well. Asked basic question about experience and background. Face to face interview was casual and even easier. Was told I would be recommended for the next interview but never heard back.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to sell something. Explain Life goals.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was a fast interview process, it took about two weeks all together. It was a series of three interviews, one with the recruiter, one where I observed a site for awhile and then had an interview with the site manager, and then the last one was with the area manager. They gave a lot of insight into their company and talked a lot about how competitive it was, the main premise was to beat out the other people in the company. Although I am a hard worker, I'm more motivated by working hard itself, not about how much I do compared to everyone else. And I think that's what has made me more influential and do better in past jobs. But intrinsic motivation wasn't really their gig, so at the last interview they said I lacked the competitive spirit.

Interview Question – "Are you willing to do whatever it takes to get better sales than the guy next to you?   View Answer

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – The interview was very easy. This included two interviews and one store observation. Both interviews were easy, lasted about twenty minutes. One was with a recruiter and the other with the regional manager.

Interview Question – They were all standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!