Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.9

835 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question
Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I got the job because of the tips for the interview that I got from glass door. Glass door told me all the right things to say and the questions I would be asked so I knew how to prepare

Very easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2014.

I applied online and the whole process took a week.
    1. Applied online through their main website.
    2. Received a call from their talent acquisition the next 3 days
    3. Set an. appointment for a face to face.
    4. The face to face interview lasted for about 30 minute.

There was about 20 questions of which 10 were were about 'how did you go above and beyond' to help a customer, employer, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you go above and beyond?
      It is difficult because you can only go above an beyond your action for so many, and they expect you to be able to answer all.
        Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

First interview was at the corporate office with an HR rep. Was basic interview and behavior questions. Second interview was at a location witH a branch manager and was feeling me out and more basic and behavior questions. Third interview was with a higher manager of several locations and was more about me and if it was the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you like about competition in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2013.

You go through three different interviews; one with the talent acquisition manager, one with the area manager and the branch manager, and the last one with the group rental manager. All three interviews are all basically the same, they will progressively get more intense as you go along, but they are an average interview if you've done your homework. Tell them what they want to hear, have a solid answer for all questions and be honest and confident.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like sales? What do you like about sales? Are you competitive? What motivates you? Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer or a frustrating situation? Tell me about a time a supervisor told you to change something and how did you react? What is a stressful day? How do you mange stress? Tell me about a time you had to put in long hours? Tell me about a time you were assigned to lead a group? What do you do if someone on your team doesn't carry their own weight? tell me about your best and worst manage and what you learned? What do yo think it takes to be successful at enterprise?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, they just let me know I got hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Met recruiters at a university career fair and applied online. They got back in touch within a week to set up a brief phone interview. Questions over the phone were very routine, looking for customer service background and overall career goals. Set up an in person interview with the recruiter the next day. Next interview was longer, but similar questions looking for customer service experience. They're looking for people that are outgoing and confident. Final interview was with branch and area managers and also involved an hour long branch observation. Lots of questions regarding customer service, but overall a fun interview they want social people who know how to work hard but have a good time.

Interview Questions
    • In a conflict if you were the manager, would you take your employee's side or the customer's side?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2014.

Applied online and received a call for a phone interview about a week later. Interview lasted about ten minutes. They asked basic questions going over what my main goal is and why I wanted to work for Enterprise.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I had a phone interview and the recruiter asked your basic questions. Where do you see your self in 5 years, why do you want to work for Enterprise? etc. The 2nd interview I interviewed with the same recruiter that was over the phone. The interview lasted about 30 minutes of your same basic interview questions.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

First, keep in mind that Enterprise is a Government Contractor so they have to play by some VERY specific rules when it comes to how you can apply. Blame THE MAN, not the company. After you apply online candidates usually have a phone interview then 2-3 face to face interviews. Most interviews are behavioral based interview questions. For the Management Trainee program, customer service positions or counter positions at airport locations you MUST be good at sales.

Interview Questions
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of in your professional career?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Everyone gets the same pay to start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2013.

4 interviews before hired. 1st is a phone interview from the recruiter. If the recruiter is interested in you than will arrange 2nd interview. Phone interview is the time to ask any question like benefits and pays and any question you might have to see if you want to continue or want to work for the company. 2nd interview is face to face with recruiter, seriously 35min to like me 1 and half hour. YES, 1.5 hr. Then if both you good with each other and she want to hire you then you will go to the 3rd interview. 3rd interview is usually at a location branch with that Branch Manager and a Area Manager. (Although you might work at a different branch than the one you interview.) 2 people ask questions, you answer. Simple, right? Most likely is the area manager makes the decision. They won't tell you on the spot, and tell you go home to wait for answer. If you pick up the call from the recruiter that you interviewed with and she got an happy voice, you are moving to the 4th and final interview. Too bad that the Regional Rental Manager is promoted to LA, so chances are you are going to got a one on one interview chance with the big boss of Regional Vice President in SF area. Some other area depends. That the final boss you got to beat before you start your show in the company. (Most likely if you pass the previous ones, he will have no problem. Just be yourself and be normal.) And the final boss will probably tell you right away if he likes you or not. If yes, you are hired. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your branch manager tells you to do something that YOU DO NOT BELIEVE is correct in front of customers? Would you do it first and ask questions later? Or qestions your BM, or refuse to do it?   View Answer

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!