Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2010.

I applied online and got a phone call to schedule an interview approximately a month later. The phone screening was easy and the interviewer was very pleasant. When I arrived for the 1:1 interview in person, the interviewer was a different person than the person on the phone. I waited for an hour and 5 minutes in the lobby before I was called back to interview. The interviewer asked a lot of situational type questions and expressed the company's desire to find highly competitive employees. I explained that I was not a "cut-throat" competitive person and was more of a "team player". It was a very high pressure interview. I was contacted 2 days later via email to say they were not going to ask me back for a second interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you were very competitive with a co-worker.   Answer Question
  • What adjectives do you think describe a good manager?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2010.

I initially found the management trainee position through my University. An outside recruiting firm interviewed me at their office. First man to interview me was very informative and nice. He then showed me a video that gave an overview of the job and the company. Then a lady from their firm interviewed me and criticized everything from my resume to my handshake. She then proceeded to tell me that the answers I were giving to her questions were not good enough or downright wrong. I have never left an interview feeling more down on myself. I never got a call back, but I'm not sure I really miss it.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2010.

Met the recruiter at a college career fair and had a 1:1 interview with them there. Asked the normal questions (i.e. what are your strengths and weaknesses? What are your career goals with Enterprise?). Had a second interview in Austin 2 weeks later with a regional HR employee who assured me I was a good fit and only suggested that I emphasize my sales experience more. Waited over a month to have the third (branch observation interview) scheduled. Went to the branch and was ignored by the salespeople and simply sat for 2 hours waiting for the manager to see me. Finally entered the interview and things went seemingly well. I waited another 2 weeks before contacting the HR department to see if a decision had been made. Finally, 2. 5 months after the intial contact with the recruiter, I was declined a position with the company.

Interview Questions
    • What are your career plans with Enterprise?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2011.

1st - Corporate Office

- 30 min - Met with the recruiter about a week after I had applied on line. Normal behavioral questions were asked just to get a feel for if I was the right fit for their company. Not too difficult here. Made sure to ask questions.

2nd - Local Branch

- 2 hours - 1st hour is spent overviewing branch operations: how to sell to a customer, and the steps to renting a car. The 2nd hour is spent with the Area Manager who is over several branchs. From my experience, this was the most difficult interview of my life! My interview was one of the few that reach Area Manager level in the shortest time possible! I say this to say he has high expectations of his staff and enjoyed the fact that he fired whole branchs if he deemed this necessary! The majority of the interview consisted with him grilling me to see if he should take me seriously. I just knew I blew it by the middle of the interview. I was wrong.

3rd - Corporate Office - This was the easiest of the three interviews. No more behavioral questions. Just general questions about selling and my ambitions. I met with the Regional Vice President of Operations. By this time, as long as I didn't say anything stupid, I knew I was in.

The day after my start date, I was offered the job and given my start date!
    I gladly accepted.

no negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

I received an email stating that I had passed the initial screening and they would like to set up an interview. I responded quickly and we agreed on a date and time. When the day came I was awake with my resume and company goals in front of me. The time for the interview came and went. I double checked the email and the phone number I gave. I sent an email asking if there had been a mistake. Later I called and left a voicemail. This was on a Thursday so on Monday after hearing nothing in response I sent another email asking to reschedule the interview. Still nothing. It has been two weeks and I have been left high and dry on an interview I was eager and prepared for. The fact that I received no response is what angers me the most.

Anonymous Employee in Cranford, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Cranford, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2014.

I had two interviews after an internship. The first one, i decided to transfer to a location which was closer to my house. The area manager told my current branch manager that I was not dressed well enough, and my examples were not specific enough. I was wearing a full suit, and my examples were spot on.
    So I decided to go full time at my current branch. My answers were outstanding. They asked me about my athletic background and asked me if i could beat them, I said no out of respect after making a joke. They did not hire me because of this, after working in the branch for an entire year and my sales numbers were excellent.

Interview Questions
    • Can you beat me in an athletic competition? What are things your friends might tell me that are bad qualities about you as far as a career go? How have you inspired your peers in a professional setting?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

The first stage was online application with a small test. Nothing too complicated, based on candidate's competencies.
    At the next stage I was invited to one of the company's branches and had a face-to-face interview with the manager. The interview went well. It was intense with many examples from my previous positions and university achievements. I enjoyed the interview and opportunity to find out more about the role and company.
    The next stage was the interview in Stirling with the Recruitment manager. Again competency questions, situational questions, examples, opportunity to ask own questions.
    The fourth and the last stage was an assessment day. It took almost the whole day with a lunch break with pizza and opportunity to speak to the company representatives, as well as a Director from the USA office. The day was very intense. There were several stages. The first was a presentation stage. Each candidate introduced him/herself, then there was a presentation from the Recruitment Manager with a quiz for ice-breaking. Next candidates had a writing task. This involved scheduling a day at work, some calculations of car rents, scheduling drivers' timetable and so on. Another task was a group decision making process. The candidates had to choose one of the charity-support options and argue their choices. The main idea was to be active, defend your ideas, and be co-operative with other group members. The last task was an imaginary meeting with a client. One manager acted as a client and another was taking notes. Candidates were given different situations and had to persuade a client in the most profitable for the company solution. However, it was also important to retain good customer relations. The main goal was not to give up too quickly and continue persuading the "client" on the price, contract and so on.

After that long process I got a decline and was promised to be contacted by the Recruiting Manager for the feedback. However, it took me really a long time to get that feedback. The manager was busy all the time, and I could not contact him for a while. Eventually I ran into him at one event and got the feedback I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • The task to persuade a client to close a deal, when he was completely against it.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2015.

Asked questions about sales mainly. The recruiter made me very nervous about the entire process. I knew from the beginning of the interview that i wasnt going to get it. The description of the jobs ask for sales or customer service but enterprise only looks at sales although they tell you otherwise. I really wanted to work for this company but I think that their expectations are a bit wierd and they arent sure exactly what they want.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your past work experience or education experience that you were a leader?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Begins with phone interview to see if your personality will fit. Next interview is in-person with the hiring coordinator. Basic questions about customer service and sales experience. Second in-person interview is with the Area Manager that you would potentially work under. This can take anywhere from 30 mins to 1.5 hrs. In depth behavioral questions as well as why you would be a great fit for the company. Also some questions to assess if you did your research on the company's history. Final in person interview would be with the branch manager. Mine was just a formality so not sure what kind of questions they would ask someone who they haven't offered the job to yet.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of great customer service, example sales pitch, why do you want to work here?, etc.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I received a Phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes, I then had two face to face interviews in different locations , and finally an assessment day. This included individual tasks, role plays, group tasks and finally another interview .

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion distinguish between a good manager and a bad manager?   Answer Question