Enterprise Rent-A-Car

2.9

904 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2010.

I applied online and got a phone call to schedule an interview approximately a month later. The phone screening was easy and the interviewer was very pleasant. When I arrived for the 1:1 interview in person, the interviewer was a different person than the person on the phone. I waited for an hour and 5 minutes in the lobby before I was called back to interview. The interviewer asked a lot of situational type questions and expressed the company's desire to find highly competitive employees. I explained that I was not a "cut-throat" competitive person and was more of a "team player". It was a very high pressure interview. I was contacted 2 days later via email to say they were not going to ask me back for a second interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you were very competitive with a co-worker.   Answer Question
  • What adjectives do you think describe a good manager?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2010.

I initially found the management trainee position through my University. An outside recruiting firm interviewed me at their office. First man to interview me was very informative and nice. He then showed me a video that gave an overview of the job and the company. Then a lady from their firm interviewed me and criticized everything from my resume to my handshake. She then proceeded to tell me that the answers I were giving to her questions were not good enough or downright wrong. I have never left an interview feeling more down on myself. I never got a call back, but I'm not sure I really miss it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2010.

Met the recruiter at a college career fair and had a 1:1 interview with them there. Asked the normal questions (i.e. what are your strengths and weaknesses? What are your career goals with Enterprise?). Had a second interview in Austin 2 weeks later with a regional HR employee who assured me I was a good fit and only suggested that I emphasize my sales experience more. Waited over a month to have the third (branch observation interview) scheduled. Went to the branch and was ignored by the salespeople and simply sat for 2 hours waiting for the manager to see me. Finally entered the interview and things went seemingly well. I waited another 2 weeks before contacting the HR department to see if a decision had been made. Finally, 2. 5 months after the intial contact with the recruiter, I was declined a position with the company.

Interview Questions
    • What are your career plans with Enterprise?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2011.

1st - Corporate Office

- 30 min - Met with the recruiter about a week after I had applied on line. Normal behavioral questions were asked just to get a feel for if I was the right fit for their company. Not too difficult here. Made sure to ask questions.

2nd - Local Branch

- 2 hours - 1st hour is spent overviewing branch operations: how to sell to a customer, and the steps to renting a car. The 2nd hour is spent with the Area Manager who is over several branchs. From my experience, this was the most difficult interview of my life! My interview was one of the few that reach Area Manager level in the shortest time possible! I say this to say he has high expectations of his staff and enjoyed the fact that he fired whole branchs if he deemed this necessary! The majority of the interview consisted with him grilling me to see if he should take me seriously. I just knew I blew it by the middle of the interview. I was wrong.

3rd - Corporate Office - This was the easiest of the three interviews. No more behavioral questions. Just general questions about selling and my ambitions. I met with the Regional Vice President of Operations. By this time, as long as I didn't say anything stupid, I knew I was in.

The day after my start date, I was offered the job and given my start date!
    I gladly accepted.

no negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

I received an email stating that I had passed the initial screening and they would like to set up an interview. I responded quickly and we agreed on a date and time. When the day came I was awake with my resume and company goals in front of me. The time for the interview came and went. I double checked the email and the phone number I gave. I sent an email asking if there had been a mistake. Later I called and left a voicemail. This was on a Thursday so on Monday after hearing nothing in response I sent another email asking to reschedule the interview. Still nothing. It has been two weeks and I have been left high and dry on an interview I was eager and prepared for. The fact that I received no response is what angers me the most.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranford, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranford, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2014.

I had two interviews after an internship. The first one, i decided to transfer to a location which was closer to my house. The area manager told my current branch manager that I was not dressed well enough, and my examples were not specific enough. I was wearing a full suit, and my examples were spot on.
    So I decided to go full time at my current branch. My answers were outstanding. They asked me about my athletic background and asked me if i could beat them, I said no out of respect after making a joke. They did not hire me because of this, after working in the branch for an entire year and my sales numbers were excellent.

Interview Questions
    • Can you beat me in an athletic competition? What are things your friends might tell me that are bad qualities about you as far as a career go? How have you inspired your peers in a professional setting?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

The first stage was online application with a small test. Nothing too complicated, based on candidate's competencies.
    At the next stage I was invited to one of the company's branches and had a face-to-face interview with the manager. The interview went well. It was intense with many examples from my previous positions and university achievements. I enjoyed the interview and opportunity to find out more about the role and company.
    The next stage was the interview in Stirling with the Recruitment manager. Again competency questions, situational questions, examples, opportunity to ask own questions.
    The fourth and the last stage was an assessment day. It took almost the whole day with a lunch break with pizza and opportunity to speak to the company representatives, as well as a Director from the USA office. The day was very intense. There were several stages. The first was a presentation stage. Each candidate introduced him/herself, then there was a presentation from the Recruitment Manager with a quiz for ice-breaking. Next candidates had a writing task. This involved scheduling a day at work, some calculations of car rents, scheduling drivers' timetable and so on. Another task was a group decision making process. The candidates had to choose one of the charity-support options and argue their choices. The main idea was to be active, defend your ideas, and be co-operative with other group members. The last task was an imaginary meeting with a client. One manager acted as a client and another was taking notes. Candidates were given different situations and had to persuade a client in the most profitable for the company solution. However, it was also important to retain good customer relations. The main goal was not to give up too quickly and continue persuading the "client" on the price, contract and so on.

After that long process I got a decline and was promised to be contacted by the Recruiting Manager for the feedback. However, it took me really a long time to get that feedback. The manager was busy all the time, and I could not contact him for a while. Eventually I ran into him at one event and got the feedback I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • The task to persuade a client to close a deal, when he was completely against it.   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

I submitted my resume and cover letter to their resume and got a call back pretty quickly. They were willing to wait over 4 weeks for me to attend their first interview as I was away. I thought this indicated that they recruit on a rolling basis- i.e. continually.

First interview was with a junior recruiter, didn't appear to be much older than me (early 20's). Asked me pretty basic questions, strengths, weaknesses, why I was interested in the programme and explained the pay and hours to me. She said that the 48 hour work week never changes, and she had been there for five years. She also asked me why I was interested in working for Enterprise if I had a B.Sc. in Communication and a M.Sc. in Management - what did Science have to do with Management? I nearly laughed in her face but managed to explain, politely, that the "Science" bit just reflected the technical aspect of the degrees, and in no way made me a scientist.

Second interview was with her boss, HR manager. This was a more difficult interview. He asked me more about my previous experiences and career expectations. I was there 1.5 hours. He expressed concern that I was overqualified for the position and would tire of having to clean cars in freezing weather, even though they were promising promotion to Assistant Manager within a year. He gave me the weekend to think about moving forward, I replied to him that I wanted to go ahead with the third interview, since I had earned it.

Third interview was with the actual Unit Manager where I would be working. I had some choice in the location. Third interview was much quicker than the second, but again more challenging than the first. He too expressed concern that I was overqualified, and would not be comfortable taking orders from managers who had little to no postsecondary education.

Be aware: This is sold as a "management" trainee position. It is not. You will be renting cars, cleaning cars, picking up cars. You will nothing more than a regular employee.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be comfortable working under managers who have less education than you?   Answer Question

The pay offered was just too low, the work week far too long, and work completely unrelated to what I studied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsfield, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2013.

The communication level was very fast, only a few days after submitting my resume I was contacted by an HR rep. There were two phone interviews and two in person interviews, one on site the other at a main hub branch. They are very upfront with who and what they are looking for and would rather be short staffed than hire the wrong person.

Interview Questions
    • They ask many questions about your personality, especially if you're competitive or not. Being competitive is almost a must have quality. They also asked many situational questions; for example "if you are faced with an angry customer how do you deal with it?" or "How have you dealt with conflict in the past?". You will get many "Tell me about a time that you ...?" questions.   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiation as a management trainee, however as people move up in the company there are many different packages. If you want to be successful at enterprise being able to relocate is a quality you MUST have.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

I had applied online through indeed.com and had to fill out the basic..."why do you believe you are qualified for this job" questions. I then received an email requesting a phone interview. When I called for the phone screening, the HR recruiter asked simple questions pertaining to my qualifications and my career expectations. He then asked if I would be willing to come in for a face-to-face interview and explained the interview process.
    The First Interview...
    I was there for about 1.5 hours and had to bring my drivers abstract as well as a resume. The HR manager was a very personable guy and easy to talk to. He asked me questions about my experience in a leadership role, examples of my ability in sales and how I would rate myself in a sales position. (He later told me anything less than an 8 would not cut it... do not sell yourself short) After the interview, he provided me with feedback about how he thought the interview went and offered me to go through to the second interview. I also asked questions about the day-to-day duties for the position. We ended up sitting there talking about his experience, which was a very positive one, when he went through the same process.

The Second Interview
    I have not yet gone for my second interview with the local branch manager but have it scheduled for this Thursday. I have been reading the feedback on glassdoor and have found it very helpful in preparing. The email I received with all the details for the second interview contained tips for the second interview. These tips included to be very social and outgoing during the observation period of the interview. The observation period is when a manager will show you around, ask you questions and introduce you to other employees. They say to come prepared with questions and a social attitude. Stand out and introduce yourself, shake employees hands and ask questions. After the observation, I will go in for my interview and they apparently ask basic questions similar to the first interview but expect you to really sell yourself and have your best examples ready to go about; leaderships, sales experience, competitiveness etc. I am quite excited.. and nervous about the intensity of the interview but overall have a great feeling about this company. They seem to treat their employees with respect and offer great learning and promotional opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • Give examples of when you have portrayed a competitive attitude in a sales position.   View Answer