Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.9

858 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Pretty involved interview process. First was an interview over the phone while I was living in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Because I was moving, I had my second interview in Toronto, Ontario, where their Canadian HQ is. After that I had a meeting at the branch where I was to placed.

Interview Questions
  • It is a sales position, and so they asked about how I would deal with failure. Its a tough question, you will fail. You will fail a lot.   Answer Question
Set pay. No real option.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The first interview was over the phone. I was traveling when I got the call and stopped on the side of the road to take it. After the phone interview, I was invited to a second interview at the regional office. They were flexible as I was out of town at the time. I went in and first met and interviewed with a Management Trainee, who allowed me to ask questions about daily operations. Afterwards, I was taken to the site manager's office and interviewed with him and the regional manager. They were all very welcoming and were interested in getting to know me as a person, as well as a potential employee. Shortly thereafter I was offered a position with another one of their local offices.

Interview Questions
    • They were interested in my military background, primarily with leadership and management responsibilities. The questions were mostly behavioral but some did have to do with sales experience. It was all pretty standard. Nothing I can think of caught me off-guard. Just be sure you can talk specifically about past experiences and how you handled bad situations.   Answer Question
    Intern pay was standard. No negotiation.

Management Trainee Interview

Process was very professional. The interview questions were basic and were not difficult. I had a brief interview at the college career fair. I received a call the same day to schedule an interview. They like people who are competitive. They are also looking for long-term employees so be sure that your career objective is in line with theirs. Although the interview really liked me and thought my interview went well, she did not hire me because my career objective did not line up with Enterprises'.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2014.

Four step interview process: phone interview with recruiter, meet in person with recruiter, meet with Area Manager, on-site at store location. Phone interview is about 15 minutes. In person interview is about an hour. There are a few days in between levels of the interview process. Company culture overall seems positive.

Interview Questions
    • Have you interviewed anywhere else? (unexpected question)   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied online, had a quick phone interview, then she set up an in person interview with HR. The whole process went pretty quick. Interview was pretty straight forward. Interviewer didn't seem like she wanted to interact, she just wanted to ask the usual questions. I did not make it to the next step of the interview process, but it would've been another interview with the manager of the branch.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. Have you even sold something to someone who didn't want it.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2014.

I had three interviews: (1) phone interview with the recruiter (2) face-to-face interview with the recruiter (3) branch observation and interview with branch manager and area manager

I wore business professional attire to all interviews, and did a good amount of research on the company and what kind of candidates they look for. I felt well prepared and thought my interviews generally went well, too.

The whole process was smooth and professional, and everyone I met while interviewing was friendly and welcoming. I did not, however, receive another interview or offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you found that you were performing poorly, what would you do to ensure improvement? If that didn't work, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I talked to a recruiter and sent them a thank you e-mail. A couple days later they e-mailed me for asking for an interview. The interview was one on one and they mostly asked behavioral questions. I still haven't heard back from them about second round interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time a customer was upset with your service and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2014.

I interviewed online and they then contacted me by phone to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was 15 minutes long and they asked pretty basic questions. "What are some conflicts you had to deal with at work" "What is an example where you competed for something" etc. At the end of the phone interview they then set up a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • "When was a time you had to persuade someone into buying a product"   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The interview depends on the interviewer. They are looking for a good fit for the branch/ area, Enterprise likes to focus on creating a sales environment. Interview should talk about your passion for sales and that you are a hard worker. Phone screen, Interview with Area Recruiter, Branch visit and interview, Regional VP interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed on ambition you ability to thrive in adverse situations.   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2014.

I received a call next business day from applying. I scheduled an interview for the next day in the Cranston, RI location. I was asked to bring in my resume. The person on the phone was very assertive, informative and pleasant. When I arrived early I was awaiting for 15min over hearing the recruiters personal conversation. Upon her introduction and demeanor, she was scattered. Throughout the interview she was receiving txt mssgs, calls & consistently interrupting the interview. At this point, I lost interest and felt like a quota filler.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation when you had to coach an associate whom was not reaching a goal?   Answer Question