Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.9

904 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Started with a phone interview and then a set of in-person interviews. The phone interview questions are fairly basic: are you eligible to work in the US?, etc. The in-person interviews delved more into the resume and work experience. Not too hard of an interview and the people were very friendly. Wasn't too fond of the location, however.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Easy, very generic interview questions and they seem to hire the majority of people, especially if you have some sort of sales experience. I know some people who did not get the offer (rare) but they had zero sales experience. Enterprise management trainee program is less about management and more about training.

there was not one

Management Trainee Interview

Interview process can be long and drawn out for no reason. They are always hiring and you most likely will be hired. They just want to know that you have anything close to sales experience, you are energetic, competitive and that you are trainable.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes your job will call for you to wash cars would you be okay with that?   Answer Question
    pay/schedule not negotiable

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I received a phone call first asking me preliminary questions and then brought me into the office for an interview.The interview is mostly behavioral questions and mostly regarding background experience. Interviewers are mostly interested in finding out if you are friendly and competitive. The interviewers explained the position throughly and gave me specific details on job functions.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

First, you apply online at Enterprise.com. Then you wait to hear back from HR who most likely will offer a phone interview. Next is the 10-minute phone interview, which typically they explain what the internship offers (hours, pay, etc.) and set you up with the first in-person interview. The first interview is with HR at the administrative office where you answer questions about your resume and experience. The final interview is an office interview allows you to do a branch observation beforehand to see what a typical day for an Enterprise employee is like. You then sit down and interview with most likely a Branch Manager and the Area Manager. Then the Area Manager contacts you to about whether or not you got the job, followed by the Branch Manager to let you know which branch you will be working at.

Interview Questions
    • What was the toughest obstacle that you faced in the workplace and how did you manage to overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2014.

I first did a phone interview while finishing my last semester of school. The overall time it took for the entire interview/hiring process took 1 month. I went through all the interviews within 2 weeks. Then had the background check. Once completed, I called the branch and talent acquisition manager multiple times until I got a response.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was happy with the offer since I was coming out of college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2014.

I attended an Open House at the Orange County Regional Branch, where I met a few recruiters. I was planning on moving straight to San Diego after college, so I gave my resume to the San Diego recruiter. From there, we talked about setting up an initial interview. The first interview took place at the San Diego Regional Office just a couple of days after speaking with the recruiter. The interview took about an hour. I was quizzed on my resume and was asked your typical behavioral questions. After the interview, I was promptly told that I would be set up for another interview. I was informed that there are typically three interviews (one with the recruiter, one with a branch manager, and one with an area manager). However, I was lucky enough to be able to interview directly with the area manager. The interview (which was about a week from the first one) took place at a local branch office where I had to do a branch observation for about an hour. The interview was brief and took only about half an hour. Once again, I was asked behavioral type questions, but was given a lot more detail about the job. The next day, I was contacted by the recruiter with a job offer. It was a very organized and informative process.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most disappointing thing that has happened to you at work?   View Answer
    No negotiation, everyone starts off at the same salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inverness, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inverness, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2014.

I posted my resume on CareerBuilder.com. A recruiter from Enterprise e-mailed me a few days later and asked me to apply for the Management Trainee position. A few hours later, she replied to my application, asking if I would be available for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview was very easy. She asked me a few questions relating to my customer service experience, but mostly, she told me about the job, including requirements, salary, benefits, etc. She immediately set up an interview with her partner in the Talent Acquisition Office for the following week because he was out of the office for vacation.

This interview was a one-on-one and went over my resume. He asked me BBI questions, mostly about leadership and competition: "Name a time when you tried to sell an idea and what was the outcome." "How competitive are you on a scale of 1-10?" Customer service was also a very big factor. Make sure to smile and give an outgoing demeanor, because that is what they look for. He immediately scheduled me for an interview the next day with a Branch and Area Manager.

This interview felt a lot more laid-back than the others. While they still asked many BBI questions, regarding leadership and competitiveness, they asked me about my previous jobs, did some role-playing and even asked me what my dream job was. They were all very friendly and positive and liked that I was the same way. The next day, they had me observe a branch for an hour and a few hours later, I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. They offer a very reasonable starting salary for an entry-level position.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

3-4 Interviews. Phone screen/interview easy. face to face with the person you did the phone screen with. Next interview with area and branch manager. Then RVP interview, did not get to this stage.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all standard questions. All will look at your resume, but the area and branch managers will ask questions directly about it. So be sure to bring it.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

2 interviews - one via phone, one in a branch
    Was offered the job on the spot. They were looking for a lot of interns, but the hiring ratio was 1:10.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with a negative customer experience? What are your weaknesses? Describe your best sale. How do you make yourself stand out during a sale? What is your coursework like? What is your sales experience?   Answer Question
    I was offered the job on the spot.