Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
781 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – three interviews, second interview consists of observational questions you ask those in the office, after being accepted to go on to the second interview you get a sheet that explains how the observation will go, questions you can ask the employees and for the third interview you speak with a regional manager

Interview Question – most questions are about your sales experience how you handled different situations, how you have sold something to someone   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found a better opportunity elsewhere

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got an email with a link to schedule phone interview. Phone Interview was fairly easy but I was prepared .A couple of STAR questions etc. Got invited for 1:1 with recruiter. Interview involved more STAR questions and discussion about my work and education. It took about 1/2 hour.She gave me a bunch of material about the company, the position and benefits etc. I was then referred to a branch manager for a second interview and observation exercise. This one was more difficult and the observation exercise was a little awkward, but I though I did good. It took approximate two hours. At the end we shake hands, she gave me her card and told me that she was going to discuss the interview with the recruiter and that she'll have news in two or three days. After more than two weeks they send me a generic email to let me know that theyre not considering me at this time. Very underwelming considering how excited the recruiter was about my interview and all the info she gave me. I think the branch manager made a decision that same day. Beware: they'll tell you that you're going to make X amount of money, but that is with all the overtime you're going to get working 10+ hours a day. When I did the math I realized that I'm actually making the same at my current job.

Interview Question – Tell me an example of one time that you had to negotiate with a hostile customer without the help of your manager.   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Easy online application, phone and personal interview. The phone interview was only 10 minutes. The person conducting the interview was personal and professional. The personal interview lasted a half hour and consisted of more in depth questions. The interviewer typed all my answers and made me wonder if they have a computer grading program for your responses. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – How do you define leadership?   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very postive experience. The interviewer was very profesional and asked questions that were pertained to the job. Asked a lot of "Tell me of a time where you persuaded someone to do something". Tell me of a time you provided great customer service. Tell me of a time you were a leader in a particular situation.

Redlands, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was very extensive and the process took about an hour. Like most interviews, they asked about strengths and weaknesses. The questions were pretty generic. Many of the questions felt very repetitive, it was like multiple ways of asking the same thing. The interviewer was very experienced.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was when the interviewer asked about my customer service experience and since I've never really had to deal with troublesome customers, what makes me a good candidate   Answer Question

Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Applied Online

Three days later, phone call. Scheduled first interview the following week.

First Interview at the Regional Office: very basic.

Scheduled second interview two days later.

Second and Final Interview: very intensive. watched for the first 45 minutes, then talked with the area manager for 1 hour 30 minutes. It was very long and extensive. I was exhausted at the end.

Called 5 days later offering the position!

Interview Question – When have you had to go the extra mile?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process needs to be improved. Initial communicate was by emails and the recruiter made gross errors within them. In one instance she asked me to choose a date and time for a phone interview and she listed a date in the past. I was also asked to choose from an afternoon interview period that was written as, "1pm to 5 pm from 2 pm to 5 pm". During the telephone interview she interrupted me several times during my responses so that she can ask me the next question on her list. This was in addition to her typing over me while I was speaking. I was not given a second interview and its tough knowing that the decision was probably made by an individual who made no sense in her emails and interrupts people while they are speaking. I spent a good deal of time preparing for the interview and ended up being interviewed by someone who didn't take it as serious as I did. They could better improve their hiring process by having face to face meetings with qualified candidates instead of a 10 minute phone call. I have over 20 years experience in which I supervised a staff, served as a project leader and was responsibly for high-profile projects. Difficult to explain all my experiences in 10 minutes. If you are hiring for a managerial position, then get people into an office for a face to face meeting.

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience you had with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

Interview Details – I had a short phone interview to begin with and they asked questions regarding why I was interested and a few questions about my resume. They looked for a positive attitude and willingness to work hard.
The second interview took place at the area head office. I interviewed with a talent manager. This took about an hour. Questioning my work experience and how I dealt with workplace situations.

Interview Question – What was a situation that you encountered in which, looking back, you wish you had handled differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – I applied online through my college career website. I was then contacted for a phone interview. My interviewer asked questions about my leadership and sales experience. I then scheduled an in person interview. This process was more detailed about my work and school experience. My interviewer was extremely engaging and I got a sense like she actually cared about what I had to say and the interview was very conversational. She really liked the fact I had sales/customer service experience while going to school. At the end she scheduled me to the next round for an interview with the area manager. The area manager was also very engaging and talked about his journey with the company. His questions were like, "tell me a time you had a difficult customer and what did you do." This process was over an hour mainly because I asked a lot of questions at the end and it turned into a conversion. At the end he scheduled me to the final interview with two branch managers. They asked the same type of questions as the previous two interviews. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed everyone I interviewed with and got a great impression of the company. They all seemed interested about what I had to say which is typically rare in an interview. Be yourself and be prepared and you will do great.

Interview Question – What is selling?   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my application and was called by a recruiter who setup a phone interview later that week. After passing the phone interview she setup an interview with a branch manager and area manager. They asked me typical questions, and I prepared myself with questions for them about the company and so forth. The last interview was with the Vice President and he was friendly, and encouraging when interviewing me. I got the job the following week.

Interview Question – What is your biggest goal that you'd like to reach in the next ten years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – ZERO NEGOTIATION