Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

2.9

835 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2010.

You'll go to offices that are quite far from any branches. They will call you back for multiple interviews and ask you basic questions. Don't be an idiot with how you answer and you'll be fine. Oh, and dress professionally. This company is all about appearance and nothing substantive.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
There was none.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Many interviews for a simple job title that hires kids straight out of college. Recruiters are energetic but branch managers not as much. They ask you to do a phone interview in person interview and to shadow an store for about 2 hours. Manager for 3rd interview was not really writing down answers to questions. It appears interview was only being done because they were asked to do it. No actual interest in filling a position.

Interview Questions

Did not want to work anywhere where the energy was low. Also found out turnover was high. Probably due to hiring college students with no work experience.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

3 step process. i first received a phone call and had a brief interview. i was asked questions about why i was interested in the position and why i wanted to leave my current job. the recruiter then scheduled an in person interview with him and at that interview he asked me a lot of customer service based questions and if/how i have ever encountered situations. i then had another interview a few days later at the actual location that i would potentially be working at. the first hour was for observation and the second hour was an interview with the branch manager and the area manager. they asked a lot of the same questions as the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • have you ever had conflict with the people on your team and if so what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Interview process consisted of initial phone interview followed by three in-person interviews.

The phone interview was very much a standard. Who are you? How did you find out about Enterprise? What's your history? etc...

The first in-person interview was with the same person. It a little over an hour long. Questions were along the lines of using examples in the past to show how you solved problems, etc..

The second interview was with the Area Manager and one of the branch managers. This person wanted to see personality.

The third interview was with the Regional Vice-President. This person really wanted to make sure I was a good fit, questioning anything that might not line up, or just going into further detal.

It took about 10 days to get a response after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Rafael, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2014.

Got an email saying to call them back. I did, and no one answered. I called again the next day, no one answered. Finally got a call back 3 days later while out with my family. I scheduled a phone interview the next morning. The recruiter told me she was conducting the phone interview from her car, while driving. She told me all my qualifications were great, and that she would love to see me in person. I went in for an interview, and everything seemed to be going great. I had answers for all of her questions. At the end, she told me I would hear back about the job on the following Monday. I wrote an email on Monday thanking her for her time and the interview, and it is currently a week later, and I have not received any feedback. Not even a response to my email.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

First you apply online based on location and trainee program availability. Then an HR recruiter emails you to schedule a phone call interview which seems to serve as a preliminary screening. The questions are basic, and it is a short phone call, no more than 20 minutes. Asks questions like why do you think you are a good fit for Enterprise, and what makes you an effective leader. Then if you make it past that, they let you know very soon to schedule face to face interview in administrative office. I went in and same recruiter from phone call did interview, seemed to build a good rapport and go smoothly, there were a lot of tricky and open ended questions, nothing super out of the ordinary though. Lots of "describe a time" questions, prepare and have lots of specific examples.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to make an unfavorable decision.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

You are asked to meet with recruiter and an area manager. You sit down and discuss your past, present and future career goals. It's is just a typical job interview. "Where do you see yourself in 5 years, name a difficult opportunity you were faced with and how did you overcome it". To be honest I don't really remember the interview. Nothing too hard

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Gatos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

3 interview process and more behavioral questions in regards to customer service and sales. Phone interview first, then sit down with Area manager & Branch Manager, then to VP of the region. Each process you will be contacted within 1-2 weeks from each interview. Must have college degree to apply and doesn't necessarily mean you need sales experience or customer service background.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think the customer's are always right? most people there is a right answer but just want behavior you will portray towards the customer   Answer Question
    no negotiation whatsoever

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Very basic interview process. Met with a campus recruiter for a behavioral interview. Next received an offer to observe the happenings at a branch followed by an interview with the branch and regional manager. Mostly talk about yourself, your resume, and "describe a time when..." Everyone I met was very nice genuine.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you being ranked against other interns on your sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

I was contacted via phone and asked about moving violations, what I considered good customer service, etc.

Then I did an in-person interview. Things went south very quickly. The interviewer constantly tried to "fact check" my examples, and claimed I was lying in at least 2 situations. He also was very confrontational throughout the interview, telling me that my examples weren't good enough and that other candidates were much better than I was. I am a graduate of a highly ranked university with countless internships, jobs, and high grades. He continued to nitpick and try to make me feel that my experiences were not valid in any way, and then decided to tell me that he didn't think I would do a good job. He asked me if I felt I was persuasive. When I said yes, he laughed in my face. Then he yawned and started texting on his iPhone. I wish I were making this up, but I truly had the worst interview experience I have ever had in my life.

At the end, it was time for me to ask questions. I asked him about the negative online reviews, how even got to his position, and why he thought pitting 5 trainees against one another for one management spot was conducive to a productive environment. By the end of this, he was very uncomfortable.

He then proceeded to ask me about the other jobs I was applying to. I listed several of the high-profile organizations I had applied to and have interviews scheduled with. He seemed to get even more uncomfortable and again tried to "catch" me lying. Then he showed me the door.

I applied to this program because I wasn't afraid of hard work and I knew I could do it, despite all the negative reviews I had read on here. The sheer rudeness and contempt I was met with from the minute I walked in the door was so shocking that I don't think I could ever work for this company. I'm a quality, highly educated, and experienced candidate who has done successfully in many other job interviews. I was well dressed, groomed, and very well prepared. There was nothing that warranted this kind of treatment and I am disgusted that I was called in simply to be his personal punching bag for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • I interview 100 people in a month. Guess how many I choose?   View Answer
    • There are people who come in here with multiple leadership experiences, clubs, sports etc. ... and then there's you. With nothing. Why should I even pick you?   View Answer

Being treated how I was in the interview was inexcusable. I understand paying your dues and earning the respect of others, but I was treated so poorly that I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like working there.