Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
789 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details – There are 3 interviews. They ask you the same questions in each interview. All of them are examples of passed sales situations. They want you to give very specific examples when you are telling the stories not just general situations that you found yourself in day-to-day.

Interview Question – Please describe a sale that you did not close.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not the right job for me.

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – I have only gone through the initial screening interview with an HR representative, the interview went great. She asked a lot of questions about myself and work history, times I had to handle certain situations. The interview was about 30 minutes long.

Interview Question – Describe a time I had to be persuasive and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – accepted second interview

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Phone interview basic, face-to-face interview with local HR, follow-up interview with managers for the area of the job applied. I dont think that they give enough information about how employees can move up into the company. Its not all about working hard and it will be recognized. it is a series of tests that have to be qualified for then maybe there will be an opening, this goes for almost any position above management trainee.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses and how will that affect you if you were to get the job   Answer Question

San Ramon, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details – Online application, along with employee referral. Reply to set up phone interview was prompt. Short phone interview asking basic details on background and experience. Then, set up a time for a more formal interview at the regional HR Office. 30-45 minutes asking details about experience, mostly involving sales and customer experience.

Interview Question – How would your rate your competitiveness on a scale of 1-10?   View Answer

Robinson, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details – Initial recruiter was very professional and transparent about the entire process so I felt good about it from the start. First interview went good with recruiter, and I was then scheduled to meet with management at the Enterprise location I would hopefully by working at. Unfortunately, the management and staff at this particular location were incredibly rude and unprofessional. When there weren't customers in the lobby, they would be bad mouthing customers after they were off of the phone with them, or complaining about having to go clean one of the cars. I was really surprised they could have probably cared less if the CEO of Enterprise was sitting there. Needless to say, I did my best in the interview with the two managers, (one whom was in the lobby being very rude) and did not end up being offered a position. I felt that I would have been a good for for a job like that and I was qualified but I feel that the 2nd interview with these gentlemen did me in. In hindsight, I'm glad I did not get this job. Working 55+ hours a week in an atmosphere like that with phoney personalities and superficial relationships is just not for me.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to manage a problem. How did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – I submitted application online through website. Got a call back the next day and was asked a few questions. Set up a interview for that week. Had the interview and asked lots of situational questions. Said would notify me by email.

Interview Question – How many items did I sell a week   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details – Long, too long. I applied in early May and took another job offer during the time it took to apply there. It is now June 17th and I just had my final interview having to do most of them on my lunch break because they where unexpected.

Interview Question – They will ask you questions about the previous interview at the final one. So you will have to know the regional managers life story when they tell you that and not tone them out in the second interview. They craven"Type A" personalities which I've always associated with "Difficult Not People Friendly" but they associate with "Go-Getters" They also want you to do a checkout of their stores to see how they run things which is 24/7 busy. If you get the job the starting pay is great but it did strike me as a Grad "churn and burn" shop as most of the reviews say it is.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – 4 stage interview process. Completely unncessary to go through so many interviews for an "entry" level position with pay that is not competitive to other entry level position for a college grad. The only reason people make money as an MT is because they work unreasonable hours and you get a ton of OT.

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – three interviews, second interview consists of observational questions you ask those in the office, after being accepted to go on to the second interview you get a sheet that explains how the observation will go, questions you can ask the employees and for the third interview you speak with a regional manager

Interview Question – most questions are about your sales experience how you handled different situations, how you have sold something to someone   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found a better opportunity elsewhere

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got an email with a link to schedule phone interview. Phone Interview was fairly easy but I was prepared .A couple of STAR questions etc. Got invited for 1:1 with recruiter. Interview involved more STAR questions and discussion about my work and education. It took about 1/2 hour.She gave me a bunch of material about the company, the position and benefits etc. I was then referred to a branch manager for a second interview and observation exercise. This one was more difficult and the observation exercise was a little awkward, but I though I did good. It took approximate two hours. At the end we shake hands, she gave me her card and told me that she was going to discuss the interview with the recruiter and that she'll have news in two or three days. After more than two weeks they send me a generic email to let me know that theyre not considering me at this time. Very underwelming considering how excited the recruiter was about my interview and all the info she gave me. I think the branch manager made a decision that same day. Beware: they'll tell you that you're going to make X amount of money, but that is with all the overtime you're going to get working 10+ hours a day. When I did the math I realized that I'm actually making the same at my current job.

Interview Question – Tell me an example of one time that you had to negotiate with a hostile customer without the help of your manager.   Answer Question