Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

2.9

835 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilton, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

I was contacted via phone and asked about moving violations, what I considered good customer service, etc.

Then I did an in-person interview. Things went south very quickly. The interviewer constantly tried to "fact check" my examples, and claimed I was lying in at least 2 situations. He also was very confrontational throughout the interview, telling me that my examples weren't good enough and that other candidates were much better than I was. I am a graduate of a highly ranked university with countless internships, jobs, and high grades. He continued to nitpick and try to make me feel that my experiences were not valid in any way, and then decided to tell me that he didn't think I would do a good job. He asked me if I felt I was persuasive. When I said yes, he laughed in my face. Then he yawned and started texting on his iPhone. I wish I were making this up, but I truly had the worst interview experience I have ever had in my life.

At the end, it was time for me to ask questions. I asked him about the negative online reviews, how even got to his position, and why he thought pitting 5 trainees against one another for one management spot was conducive to a productive environment. By the end of this, he was very uncomfortable.

He then proceeded to ask me about the other jobs I was applying to. I listed several of the high-profile organizations I had applied to and have interviews scheduled with. He seemed to get even more uncomfortable and again tried to "catch" me lying. Then he showed me the door.

I applied to this program because I wasn't afraid of hard work and I knew I could do it, despite all the negative reviews I had read on here. The sheer rudeness and contempt I was met with from the minute I walked in the door was so shocking that I don't think I could ever work for this company. I'm a quality, highly educated, and experienced candidate who has done successfully in many other job interviews. I was well dressed, groomed, and very well prepared. There was nothing that warranted this kind of treatment and I am disgusted that I was called in simply to be his personal punching bag for an hour.

Interview Questions
  • I interview 100 people in a month. Guess how many I choose?   View Answer
  • There are people who come in here with multiple leadership experiences, clubs, sports etc. ... and then there's you. With nothing. Why should I even pick you?   View Answer

Being treated how I was in the interview was inexcusable. I understand paying your dues and earning the respect of others, but I was treated so poorly that I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like working there.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2010.

First step is a phone interview just to make sure you are well spoken and upbeat. The recruiter will ask you about yourself and your resume and explain a little bit about the training program they offer. If they like you they will invite you for a face-to-face interview with the same recruiter at one of the regional offices. He/she will ask you some behavioral questions and run you through the average day-to-day tasks that an MT will be responsible for. Have strong examples of previous times you have sold something, provided great service, lead a team, and sacrificed something in your personal life to achieve a goal. Also, do some research about the company before your interview and come prepared with questions. If you get through that, the next interview is very similar but more in depth with the behavioral questions. You will do that interview at an actual office with an area manager. They will usually have you do 15 minutes of branch observation so you can see how it looks/feels inside the actual branch. The final stage if you get through that is to meet with the Regional VP or the Regional Rental Manager. Usually the area manager has already made up his/her mind about whether they want to hire you or not, but the RVP/RRM will ultimately make the final decision. Overall, the interviews are very similar. Have good examples and look sharp. Guys, be 100% clean shaven.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to persuade someone to do something. Name a time you went above and beyond for a job/club/class. Give me an example of a time you had to sacrifice something in your personal life in order to get a job done. Are you okay with working Sat/Sun?   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

A phone screening interview, followed by three interviews. First with HR, second with a district manager, then the third with the area manager at a corporate location. The phone interview just asked basic questions to make sure that you know what you applied for and are somewhat qualified. Then you meet with that same HR rep in person and they go into detail about your resume and what to expect. After that they set up a meeting with the district manager where you shadow workers from a branch then have a brief interview to talk about what you learned and ask a few more customer-oriented questions. The final interview with corporate is where I made it to. I was asked a lot of questions relating to going above and beyond for customers and times I dealt with difficult customers. In the end, I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

4 separate interviews. Each one hirer up in company in your area. Get to shadow an office which is nice to see if the job will actually be a good fit for you.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions about sales, very sales oriented. Also where do you see yourself in 5 years type questions because they look to promote within more.   View Answer

salary, and seemed hardcore sales which I can do I just did not want to be in that position for 2 years at that salary. I was already 1 year out of college doing something similar with same pay in a more relaxed atmosphere, eventually got promoted at that company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I went through 3 Interviews, and all individuals were professional, polite, and sold me on working there. I was oversold on potential pay. The process was good, but I should have listened when they made sure I was OK with cleaning cars in my suit, while being expected to sell coverages. This wasn't the exception, this was every day life at ERAC. Too bad they didn't get more staff / lot attendants so the rest of us could rock out their expectations (and probably have less turnover). They also move staff around branches so much that clients get frustrated.

Interview Questions
    No ability to negotiate initial pay.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Very unprofessional. I thought I'd be doing real-time work, but it ended up being sales calls and playing receptionist. They walked me around the facility and I wasn't impressed. It seemed that the other interns that were working there were very stressed and that it was going to be very different from what I expected. In addition, I would be calling, driving cars out to clients (something I didn't think fit the description), and a variety of other random tasks. This wasn't for me and they weren't going to pay enough either.

Interview Questions
    • They just asked about my background, nothing too difficult. Strengths, weaknesses, and everything along those lines.   Answer Question

I declined this offer because it wasn't going to give me the real experience I wanted. I'll be a senior this fall and wanted something that I could see myself doing and working after college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Applied online.

Phone interview with a woman from HR. Pretty straightforward. She asked about my previous experience and why I was interested in this position.

First face to face interview was with the same woman from HR. Asked most of the same questions as over the phone, mostly about my previous experiences. She told me a lot about the company and why the Trainee program is so great. She seemed really interested in me, both over the phone and in person. Told me the next step would be an interview and observation of a local branch. Left with a great feeling.

Next face to face interview was at a local branch with that branch manager and the area manager. Met the assistant manager of the branch first and he was very happy and excited to talk to me about coming to work for the company. Both the branch manager and the area manager were happy and excited to talk to me as well. Asked about previous experience and for examples of dealing with customers, especially unhappy ones. Asked what motivated me in the workplace, and why I wanted this position. Both seemed to like me and what I had to say. They let me know that the next step would be a final interview face to face with the VP of HR. I left this interview with a great feeling too. Got a phone call an hour later confirming my interview with the VP of HR for a few days later.

Met with the VP of HR. He asked me for my impressions of the people I had met and about the interactions I had witnessed at the local branch. He asked if I still had any unanswered questions, and I didn't. Everyone had been great about answering my questions along the way.
    He asked if I would be okay with working the 7:30 am-6 pm hours 5 days a week and I confirmed that I would be. He then went on a tangent about how he hates when people take the job and then complain about the hours later when they had fair warning. The hours had been discussed with me in literally every interview (over the phone, with HR, the local and area managers and now the VP of HR and I think they were even listed on the job posting). He seemed really upset about the people who complain about the hours. I never indicated that I would have a problem with the hours so I was a little shocked that he seemed so upset.
    He then asked if I had a car or would be relying on public transportation. Since I live in the city of Chicago, I don't have my own car right now but I have full access to my aunt and uncle's car who also live in the city. I told him this information and then he went on another tangent about how it's not the company's fault if my career doesn't advance as fast as I want it to because I don't accept a promotion to a branch that isn't close to public transportation. I was shocked that he would assume that I would blame the company for that and explained to him that I am willing to buy a car if that is what it takes to help further my career. It was like he didn't hear me, didn't believe me, or didn't care because he basically repeated that I can't get upset if I turn down promotions because of lack of transportation. I left this final interview feeling horrible. I couldn't tell if this guy was trying to make the decision for me by assuming that I would complain about the hours and turn down promotions based on not having a car. He also did most of the talking in this interview which was another sign of trouble, seeing as most interviews are about getting to know me as a person and a professional and finding out if I would be the right fit for the company.

I got an email a few days later saying thanks for interviewing with us but we're unable to offer you a position.

I am still very confused as to what exactly happened. The interview with HR and the interview with the local and area branch managers all seemed to go very smoothly. We all got along really well, they seemed to have liked what I had to say in response to their questions. And then the final interview everything went upside down.
    He did all the talking. And it honestly felt like a lecture. I was shocked. Before that interview I was positive I would be getting an offer. After that interview, I don't know how to feel.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to reach a personal sales goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a team to reach a sales goal.   Answer Question
    • What motivates you in the workplace?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Quick interview process. I was contacted within a week and had a phone interview. I was able to get the job within 3 weeks.

There are 3 stages: an initial phone interview, in person interview with a recruiter, and a regional manager interview.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

3 interviews
    -talent acquisition
    -area manager
    -regional VP

All of the interviews were very structured and asked the same questions. The last two interviews are more meet and greet with observations. Once you get throughout the first interview the last two are more of a confirmation of the first interview rather than anything different. Job Observations are great and give an opportunity to see what daily life will be like throughout the trainee program. Ask lots of questions and be involved. They want outgoing and engaging employees.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you had to tell your boss he was wrong.   Answer Question

Low Salary to start

Management Trainee Interview

Have only had the phone interview. It was very rushed. I didn't feel like I had time to answer my questions thoroughly or think about what I wanted to say. Questions were basic...where do you see yourself in 15-20 years, tell me about your school and work history...things like that. He asked me a question and I had a question with my answer...he told me I would have time at the end to ask questions, but he did not allow me to do so. I don't know if I got a face to face interview yet or not.

Interview Questions
    • Has there ever been a time where your performance was monitored?   Answer Question