Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.9

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

I applied for this position online and was contacted via email. From what I have read on this site many people had to do a phone interview. I'm not sure the reason but I did not. I scheduled an in person interview with the talent manager. The interview was very straightforward, no difficult questions, and lasted about a hour. It was mainly getting more information about Enterprise and what they offer. The interviewer was very nice and had been with the company for 25 years. After the interview she told me to think about the position and let her know if I want to schedule the 2nd interview. I went to the 2nd interview with the area manager. When I arrived everyone was very friendly. I observed what they were doing for about 20 minutes before I met with the manager. The interview again was straightforward. This is the deciding interview with more questions and more difficult than the 1st interview. For someone thinking about applying for this position sales is the most important thing. They say customer service is important to them but someone that can sell is what they are looking for. Also they are looking for 100% type a personalities. If this is not you they will most likely not hire you. I did not make it to the 3rd interview with the regional manager. For me the process took 12 days from the day I applied without the 3rd interview.

Interview Questions
  • If hired out 6 fellow employees how would you rank in sales (rank yourself)? Out of 6 management trainees hired at the same time how would you rank in sales?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

After submitting a resume, I was contacted by a recruiter by email to set up a phone interview. The email tells you to be ready at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time, but my interviewer called right at the agreed time The call was short and sweet with basic questions and a few harder questions, but nothing mind blowing. I was then offered a in person interview which was about the same. Nothing really hard, but more of why did I choose Enterprise and some situational awareness questions. I was informed of what would be required of me and what the next step would be if I was chosen to move on. The whole interview was not more than 30 minutes. I was told at the end of the interview that I would get some kind of feedback by the next day and I left. The next day I recieved a email stating that I was invited to the second interview with the regional and branch managers. I received the information for the next interview with additional information to prepare me for that interview. The process was really professional and I would refer someone to interview for this company.

Interview Questions
    • If I was falling in my sales quotas. how or what would I do to fix the problem.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

I was emailed through my university address to apply for management trainee position and did so. Three days later, I was given the notice to set up the interview online. From the online form, I was able to see who I was going to interview with beforehand.

I interviewed well and asked many questions about company culture. I was offered a second interview but reconsidered it because the position didn't line up with my career goals.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

This is a four-step process. First, after submitting my application online for the management trainee position in my area, I received a template email from the recruiter that provided a link to schedule a phone interview. How soon or far away this is depends on the recruiter's availability, but for me it was just a couple days away. For the phone interview, I received a call at the scheduled time and had a 20 minute (give or take) discussion about the position, and briefly talked my prior experience relating to the job. A couple days later the recruiter called and requested I come to her office for an in-person interview regarding the same information. However during the in-person interview with the recruiter, she asked specific behavioral questions about my past sales and customer service experience. At the end of this interview, she said that she wanted me to meet with the Area Branch Manager (who supervises all the branch locations within their area). This was the only time where I felt there was a lull in the interview process. This individual is very busy and it took almost two weeks to get an interview scheduled. However, when I meet with them it was a very similar experience to the prior interview with just the recruiter. They will ask about you, what motivates you, and any and all past experiences relevant to the position. I received a call later that same day from the recruiter to schedule a final interview with the Regional Vice President. I scheduled a time to meet just a day or two away and went in to this interview feeling very good about how the process was going. While I was waiting for the RVP to come get me from the waiting area, the guy at the desk told me that if I'd made it this far, I pretty much already got it. The final interview with the RVP was quick and painless. This person just wants to make sure that you understand everything you need to know about the position, and the only questions he asked were about me, not my work experience. I left this interview feeling extremely confident, and the next morning I received a call from the recruiter to offer me the position. I accepted the offer the next day.

TIPS: Be ready to talk about yourself beyond what your resume says. They want to know what motivates you (a question I was asked at every interview, so prepare an answer!), how your friends would describe you, how you would describe yourself etc. Also be relaxed (of course) and very conversational. They want to see someone who is going to be relaxed and comfortable working with people all day, so show it. Last but not least (albeit obvious) ask questions, questions, questions.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you? - How would your friends describe you? - What are the three most important things you want in a job? - Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years? - Tell me about you delivered great customer service/made a sale etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

First was a phone screening, then a first interview. There were to be 3 interviews total, but I did not make it through the first...I think it was obvious in my interview that I didn't really want the job.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time you had a difficult customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

They never called for the phone interview. Beforehand, I had issues scheduling it and getting a hold of anyone. I had a bad first experience so I didn't bother following through. Especially since the overwhelming majority of reviews said "overworked and underpaid".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online and within a couple of days was emailed by a recruiter. We set up a time to speak over the phone. When he called, he asked a lot of your basic phone screening questions nothing out of the ordinary just about past positions, what I'm looking for in a new position, what I want to get out of a future job, etc. At
    the end of the phone screening he told me that he would like for me to come into his office in another city (about 45 minutes away) to have my first face-to-face interview. We agreed on a date and time.

I went in for the next interview and everything went great. Wore a professional outfit as he told me to do, and I thought I nailed it. A lot of the questions that he asked were situational, what would you do in this situation and tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, tell me about a time when you set a high goal for yourself. I looked through a lot of interview questions on Glassdoor before-hand so I was very prepared for the questions that he asked. Very helpful. at the end of the interview he told me he would get back to me by the end of the week.

I got a call a few days later saying that I was selected to go to the next interview. I got a call from a local area manager that same day and we set up a time and day for me to come in for my second interview. I arrived 10 minutes early and was greeted by the branch manager and the area manager where they took me to a room, sat me down and grilled me. It's pretty intimidating having two interviewers at a time especially when they're both very stern and not very animated but I suppose this is part of the process and is helpful in really judging who you are as a person. Again they asked a lot of situational question some of the same questions I had been previously asked. It felt a little uncomfortable because they didn't give much feedback throughout the process on if they like my answers or not. At the end I was still unsure and when they asked if I had any questions I whipped out a couple good ones for them such as "what would you say is the most difficult thing about the job" and they both really seem to like that question. A couple of more about benefits etc. The end of that interview they told me that I was going to go onto the next interview and then I was taken around the office and given a tour.

My final interview was the longest of them all. A little bit over an hour. I went in and met with the regional manager. He basically asked me more situational questions and some of the same questions I had been asked in the last two interviews and then went on to talk a lot about the structure of the company and how the position works. Asked if I would be ok cleaning cars, working long hours, helping out extra as needed, to all of which I responded yes. He told me at the end of the interview that I would hear from them after he spoke with the area manager and the original recruit her that I initially interviewed with. Got a call the next day from the original guy I had the phone screening and initial interview with and he asked me a few more questions. Asked about any other positions I was interviewing for, how interested I was in enterprise compared to the other companies, and basically trying to gauge how interested and committed I would be. I told him I was hoping to find a company that I could grow with long-term and make a career out of. After I told him that he offered me the job and I accepted.

Overall a very conservative and professional environment. They want hard workers and people who are committed. If you're willing to put in the time and aren't scared of washing cars in your professional attire, then it seems like a great opportunity to build a career.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where your personal sales skills were where they needed to be but the rest of the team's customer service skills were not where they needed to be (you are judged by your personal and also your whole team's success), and that was preventing you from moving to a position in the company you wanted to move into?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

About three weeks, BUT let me just say something here to all members who take time to write reviews, salaries, etc. It would help so many job seekers if we all disclosed the salaries, after all, everything here is confidential. Just don't say "not negotiable", Disclosing salary range or hourly rates, bonus, schedule, e.t.c may actually help someone out there find a job they will enjoy doing and be able to actually live, support their families and be happy, by making an informed decision! Thank you all.

Interview Questions
    • General CS and sales questions; just use STAR format in answering all questions and you will do just fine. NB: I haven't heard from them yet, but hopeful, because I think I was outstanding in all my interviews, and the managers were friendly, knowledgeable and polite.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

I was called for a phone interview that lasted approximately 15 minutes. The interviewer was very professional and asked general questions. I was invited for a face to face interview after phone screen. After face to face interview, I was invited for a second round interview. I was sent a link electronically for a driving record background check, and subsequently sent an email stating that I could not continue in process due to my driving record.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about sales experience. Asked for specific examples of when went over and beyond with a customer.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

3 1/2 interviews (phone, visit with recruiter, meeting with manager/regional manager. I was told after my final interview I would be called with an answer in two business days. 3 weeks, 2 phone calls and 3 emails later, I finally got a response. Very disorganized and I'm glad I didn't get the job because I couldn't work for such a poorly run branch. Company should be ashamed of their poor treatment of quality candidates...

Interview Questions
    • What is a flaw you have? What's another flaw you have?   View Answer