Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.9

862 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2014.

1st phone interview a few behavioral questions. Took about 15 minutes and was given a 2nd interview on the spot.

2nd was with the HR talent recruiter. Pretty much all behavioral questions. Took about an hour & was given a 3rd interview on the spot.

3rd interview had two parts. First was the branch manager interview and tour of facility. The branch manager was very unprofessional and even admitted he didn't even remember he had an interview with me. They guy was pretty obnoxious and even cursed several times throughout the so called "interview." The 2nd part of the interview is with the area manager, who ended up being over an hour late. He asked question like "What is more important: sales or service?" "What's your work ethic?" At the end he told me he still one interview left to do and someone would call me by the end of the week. I got a call 3 hours later by the "talent recruiter" saying I was being moved on to the final interview with the regional manager.
^^^
The process for the two interviews took over 4 hours.

4th I interviewed with the regional manager. He asked me why I was interested in enterprise, not very many behavioral questions, more of a casual conversation. It took about an hour. He told me that it wasn't his decision but the area managers on who was ultimately hired. He just interviewed to make sure all candidates were fit for the position. He let me know I would hear something by the end of the week or early next week.

I thought the interviews went really well but on the 6th day after the last interview I received an email, they had pursued other candidates.

It's a rather extensive interview process for an entry level job. I'm a little bitter I didn't receive the job especially because of how lengthy the process was, in the end it took over 6 weeks.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

4 separate interviews. Each one hirer up in company in your area. Get to shadow an office which is nice to see if the job will actually be a good fit for you.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions about sales, very sales oriented. Also where do you see yourself in 5 years type questions because they look to promote within more.   View Answer

salary, and seemed hardcore sales which I can do I just did not want to be in that position for 2 years at that salary. I was already 1 year out of college doing something similar with same pay in a more relaxed atmosphere, eventually got promoted at that company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I went through 3 Interviews, and all individuals were professional, polite, and sold me on working there. I was oversold on potential pay. The process was good, but I should have listened when they made sure I was OK with cleaning cars in my suit, while being expected to sell coverages. This wasn't the exception, this was every day life at ERAC. Too bad they didn't get more staff / lot attendants so the rest of us could rock out their expectations (and probably have less turnover). They also move staff around branches so much that clients get frustrated.

Interview Questions
    No ability to negotiate initial pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

I was contacted via phone and asked about moving violations, what I considered good customer service, etc.

Then I did an in-person interview. Things went south very quickly. The interviewer constantly tried to "fact check" my examples, and claimed I was lying in at least 2 situations. He also was very confrontational throughout the interview, telling me that my examples weren't good enough and that other candidates were much better than I was. I am a graduate of a highly ranked university with countless internships, jobs, and high grades. He continued to nitpick and try to make me feel that my experiences were not valid in any way, and then decided to tell me that he didn't think I would do a good job. He asked me if I felt I was persuasive. When I said yes, he laughed in my face. Then he yawned and started texting on his iPhone. I wish I were making this up, but I truly had the worst interview experience I have ever had in my life.

At the end, it was time for me to ask questions. I asked him about the negative online reviews, how even got to his position, and why he thought pitting 5 trainees against one another for one management spot was conducive to a productive environment. By the end of this, he was very uncomfortable.

He then proceeded to ask me about the other jobs I was applying to. I listed several of the high-profile organizations I had applied to and have interviews scheduled with. He seemed to get even more uncomfortable and again tried to "catch" me lying. Then he showed me the door.

I applied to this program because I wasn't afraid of hard work and I knew I could do it, despite all the negative reviews I had read on here. The sheer rudeness and contempt I was met with from the minute I walked in the door was so shocking that I don't think I could ever work for this company. I'm a quality, highly educated, and experienced candidate who has done successfully in many other job interviews. I was well dressed, groomed, and very well prepared. There was nothing that warranted this kind of treatment and I am disgusted that I was called in simply to be his personal punching bag for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • I interview 100 people in a month. Guess how many I choose?   View Answer
    • There are people who come in here with multiple leadership experiences, clubs, sports etc. ... and then there's you. With nothing. Why should I even pick you?   View Answer

Being treated how I was in the interview was inexcusable. I understand paying your dues and earning the respect of others, but I was treated so poorly that I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like working there.

Management Trainee Interview

Quick interview process. I was contacted within a week and had a phone interview. I was able to get the job within 3 weeks.

There are 3 stages: an initial phone interview, in person interview with a recruiter, and a regional manager interview.

No negotiation

Management Trainee Interview

Have only had the phone interview. It was very rushed. I didn't feel like I had time to answer my questions thoroughly or think about what I wanted to say. Questions were basic...where do you see yourself in 15-20 years, tell me about your school and work history...things like that. He asked me a question and I had a question with my answer...he told me I would have time at the end to ask questions, but he did not allow me to do so. I don't know if I got a face to face interview yet or not.

Interview Questions
    • Has there ever been a time where your performance was monitored?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Phone interview, then an interview with the recruiter, then an interview/shadow at the branch you will be placed, then an interview with a department head. Ask questions, shake hands, don't be intimidated. Be confident!

Interview Questions
    • The company is very sales driven and competitive. Focus on being a team player but still competitive.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Applied online, then had a phone interview and a face to face interview with a recruiter. Besides initially sending me a rejection email stating that I didn't meet the minimum qualifications (claimed I didn't have a College Degree, when in fact I do), and then the hiring manager missing our phone interview (I had to call an hour after it had been scheduled), pretty standard questions and process.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to go above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

online application.... followed by a phone interview with region recruiter after the phone interview they wanna meet in person... very standard interview
    interview - region office with recruiter BE YOURSELF
    interview - branch manager and area manager BE YOURSELF GET INVOLVED ask a lot of questions
    interview with rvp(regional vice president)
    airport observation

none

Management Trainee Interview

The interview was very easy. This included two interviews and one store observation. Both interviews were easy, lasted about twenty minutes. One was with a recruiter and the other with the regional manager.

No negotation