Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Aug 24, 2014

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2013.

They send you to the headquarters in tempe and make you watch a boring 15 minute video. then the hr people ask you questions about your leadership experience and situations in your life where you had to overcome obstacles. they then send you to interview 2 where you have a store and district manager interview you after a 1 hour shadow in a branch location.

horrible hours, benefits and pay

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied online and received an email a few days later from a recruiter. I set up a time for an initial phone screening via email. The recruiter was very friendly and asked mostly behavioral interview questions. I was then invited to interview with the recruiter face-to-face at their regional office. They ask you to fill out a sheet ranking certain job aspects and bring it with you to the interview. The questions asked in the interview were very similar to the phone screening. I thought the interview went well and the recruiter alluded to my advancement to the next step in the process: "The next interview will be with a manager at one of our offices, once again, your're expected to dress professionally, but you won't have any problem with that," and so on. I heard back from the recruiter in roughly one week stating I was not selected to continue on. All in all, I found the recruiter to be misleading, but it was a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2012.

Applied online and received an email which set up the phone interview.
    Interview was straightforward asking questions about your resume and questions like why do you want to work for enterprise, or what made you pick enterprise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2012.

A very easy and rewarding process. Very precise and organized. They are looking for great people to work for a great company. Be ready for tough questions and be professional. WEAR A SUIT!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your professional career in 5 years?   View Answer
    Easy, clear, and cut

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2012.

The Enterprise Management in Training Interview Process was a fairly easy one. During my first interview, I met with the recruiter and she asked a question or two about my sales experience, customer service experience, and leadership experience. She explained a bit of the job description to me and focused on the competitive aspect of it, saying that each trainee is ranked amongst their peers in regards to sales, customer service, and two other categories. I had an observation of a branch in the area and met with an assistant branch manager and a manager in training. Both were friendly and told me that they loved working for Enterprise, but neither one sounded too convincing. In the second interview, I met with a branch manager and an area manager where they asked me some questions along the same lines as the first interview. When asked what my dream job was, I answered a bit too truthfully and that swayed the interview in a negative direction. All in all, from my impression, employees put in a minimum of 55 hours a week for a not so competitive pay. They push the idea of being able to move up quickly, noticing that basically everyone I met with was under 30 (I could only assume that they have a pretty high turnover rate with so many young people). Friendly people and environment, but unless you enjoy sitting behind a desk for 12 hours and dealing with usually perturbed customers that need to rent a car, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2012.

So I applied online for the Management in Training Program. After 3 days I got an email that they want to schedule a phone interview, I replied with 3 possible days and hours, got an email back agreeing on one of those days and hour. I did my research on this website to see what they might ask me. Compared to other people, she asked me all the questions you would get on a one-on-one interview. First she did not have my resume in front of her, because she asked me if I have a bachelors degree. Duh, I would have not applied if I did not have one - I did not say that to her obvious.
    The she started with what you like about your job, what you dislike about your job, have you been in a leader position, have you been in a position to give bad news to someone, have you ever went above and beyond for a customer. And for all of these questions and a few other to give examples.
    Since I don't have that much work experience, and I was working at the time of the interview as a volunteer, I guess they did not like that. So I got an email 3 days after the interview that they rejected me. But it did not bother me cause in the mean time I found a job.
    The lady I talked to was in a hurry, and did not seem that interested listening to me. She talked really fast and it gave me the impression that she wants to get over the interview as fast as she can.
    I really don't understand what they want from someone that graduated and has limited work experience and a couple of positions as a leader. The hole interview seemed pretty superficial. Maybe, they should list in their job posting that they want experienced people, that will be willing to work for pennies. And those interested in something entry level position, not to waste their time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

The phone interview is more or less just giving you, the prospect, information about the position, company, and interview. Questions were asked but not really considered. The 1:1 was difficult (for me) because it was late afternoon, the interviewer was clearly not in the mood when she finally got around to interviewing me (her last candidate) 30 minutes after our scheduled time, and the questions were tougher than I expected considering I had the phone interview Wednesday and was asked to come in the next day. Although it's a "management" position THEY REALLY WANT SALESPEOPLE. I thought this was funny considering I have NEVER been sold, or attemped to have been sold to, by an Enterprise employee and I have used them often! My impression is that they are only interested in NEW, YOUNG GRADS who are just starting their careers. If you are an older new grad, I'd advise you to disguise it somewhat in your resume and responses if you're younger looking.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example of a time you overcame an objection? HINT: The interviewer was testy when I didn't answer the way she wanted so keep it brief, even if you feel you havent explained fully just wait to be prompted for more information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2011.

I had two of three interviews so far. The company seems like it would be an okay place to work, but got different stories from each person. Was told two different salaries from the two people I interviewed with. They seemed confused and like they were hiring a lot of people just to see who works out.

Interview Questions
    • If we contacted your former employer, what would they say a weakness of yours was?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2011.

I applied online through the ERAC website. Withing one day I received a phone call from the recruiter. We did the first interview right there and then. She confirmed experience off of my resume, and then asked me about personal attributes, such as why I believed I would excel in sales and to describe my leadership style.

She immediately said she would like to have a follow-up interview, but since I was currently not living in Utah, she would skip the first 1 on 1 interview and have a more in-depth phone interview with me again. This interview consisted of more in-depth questions about personal experiences dealing with erratic customers, and sales techniques. She also asked what my three best attributes were and then asked if I had any questions about the company. (Always have questions for the company. I see this all too often that people have no questions. You may as well kick your butt out the door). Following that she said she would forward my info to the area manager for an in-person interview.

Later that day, I received a call from the area manager asking when would be convenient for me to meet with her, since I lived out of state. I set it up for the following week. This interview was a branch observation with the Branch Manager and then a 1 on 1 with the Manager and Area Manager. Same questions as before with the interview. They have a sheet to read their questions off of, so everyone gets the same questions. Just be up beat, especially through-out the Branch Observation. Don't ask too many questions, but observe. THAT'S WHAT YOUR THERE FOR!! Everyone will most likely be busy, so joke around with them. Set a good vibe and be friendly and out-going. That's what they are looking for. You will be with these people for much of your daily life, they want to know you won't kill each other. Plus, you go out after work and party and play with these people.

Immediately after the 1 on 1 interview, the area manager took my aside, asked if I was interested still, and said she would like to get me into the last interview as soon as possible. The following day I had an interview with the Regional Manager. Very sales oriented. Not only do you need to be out-going and friendly, but stern and very confident. This is without a doubt a sales company. You have to be. If your going to be successful in sales, you need to be extremely social, out-going, confident, and thick-skinned. If you are these attributes, and you show them, you WILL get the job, if not, why are you here?

Immediately after the interview, the regional manager stated normally he would call you back if you get the job, but was impressed. I had stated all of his beliefs and aspirations for managers in-training throughout our interview. He offered me the job on the spot, pending a background check.

IMPORTANT!!!!- There are many sites around here bashing this company. Long hours?!?!? I worked in professional athletics and in a coal mine for 5 years of my life. In athletics you are working 72 hours a week for minimum wage and no overtime! In a coal mine you are working 60-80 hours a week, swing and grave shifts, in manual labor. This is what any sales job will be. If your looking for a 9-5 with no more than 40 hours and only willing to do the minimum to get by, go work at wal-mart. There is a reason this country is going to crap.

Interview Questions
    • How are you a leader? What makes a a leader for our company?   View Answer
    No negotiations. Starting is 32,700 with 8 hours overtime per week worked in, for you will work a minimum of 48 hrs per week. The Salt Lake area is strict about only working 48hrs. $1000 dollar bonus after 6-8 months if you pass a training interview. Dozens of other bonuses. Looking at 35000 a year if you put in any work at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

Phone interview. Check!

First Interview: 1 hour. Nice woman that gave me advice for second interview. Check! (Many questions about overcoming adversity and why I am going to be the man at the company.)

Second Interview: 1 hour 45 min. Intense grilling again. This interview like the last was conducted by a 9 year veteran who clearly loved their job.

Third Interview: I actually was late because I had the wrong time. The area manager hardly gave any time to what I thought was the end of my run at employment. Instead she told me stories about how she missed an interview with a client, and she also made me feel at ease. All three people that interviewed me were woman, and they were all very serious. I actually found it very challenging to win these woman over, but once they knew I was authentic, they let their guard down.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about washing cars in your suite even though you spent 60,00 on college?   View Answer
    • Why are you going to do so well here?   View Answer
    I told them that I was there to learn and become a great manager, I said they should pay me whatever they want, but once I move past the MT phase, I said I had every intention on making a great living.