Enterprise Rent-A-Car Manager In Training Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

An HR Rep first contacted me after I applied. She was awesome and clearly cared very much about the company. After two onterviews with her (a phone and inperson) I had 3 other inviews (area manager, branch manager, and zone manager). They all loved their jobs and loved to tell you about. All made you feel comfortable and asked on point questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Fayetteville, AR) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process for this company is extensive. There are three interviews. One with the store manager, one with the district, and one with...say...VP. The first two interviews were not too bad. The last....damn. The VP for this region was tough. Follow up, follow up, follow up, follow up.....

Interview Questions

• What drives you to be successful?   1 Answer

Manager-In-Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2013.

Interview

I found the job online. There were three interviews. I traveled for all of them. The second interviewer said the third interview was a formality, but I went to the third and didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Tempe, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

They send you to the headquarters in tempe and make you watch a boring 15 minute video. then the hr people ask you questions about your leadership experience and situations in your life where you had to overcome obstacles. they then send you to interview 2 where you have a store and district manager interview you after a 1 hour shadow in a branch location.

horrible hours, benefits and pay

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later from a recruiter. I set up a time for an initial phone screening via email. The recruiter was very friendly and asked mostly behavioral interview questions. I was then invited to interview with the recruiter face-to-face at their regional office. They ask you to fill out a sheet ranking certain job aspects and bring it with you to the interview. The questions asked in the interview were very similar to the phone screening. I thought the interview went well and the recruiter alluded to my advancement to the next step in the process: "The next interview will be with a manager at one of our offices, once again, your're expected to dress professionally, but you won't have any problem with that," and so on. I heard back from the recruiter in roughly one week stating I was not selected to continue on. All in all, I found the recruiter to be misleading, but it was a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received an email which set up the phone interview. Interview was straightforward asking questions about your resume and questions like why do you want to work for enterprise, or what made you pick enterprise

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

A very easy and rewarding process. Very precise and organized. They are looking for great people to work for a great company. Be ready for tough questions and be professional. WEAR A SUIT!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your professional career in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, clear, and cut

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Plano, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

The Enterprise Management in Training Interview Process was a fairly easy one. During my first interview, I met with the recruiter and she asked a question or two about my sales experience, customer service experience, and leadership experience. She explained a bit of the job description to me and focused on the competitive aspect of it, saying that each trainee is ranked amongst their peers in regards to sales, customer service, and two other categories. I had an observation of a branch in the area and met with an assistant branch manager and a manager in training. Both were friendly and told me that they loved working for Enterprise, but neither one sounded too convincing. In the second interview, I met with a branch manager and an area manager where they asked me some questions along the same lines as the first interview. When asked what my dream job was, I answered a bit too truthfully and that swayed the interview in a negative direction. All in all, from my impression, employees put in a minimum of 55 hours a week for a not so competitive pay. They push the idea of being able to move up quickly, noticing that basically everyone I met with was under 30 (I could only assume that they have a pretty high turnover rate with so many young people). Friendly people and environment, but unless you enjoy sitting behind a desk for 12 hours and dealing with usually perturbed customers that need to rent a car, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Enfield, CT) in January 2012.

Interview

So I applied online for the Management in Training Program. After 3 days I got an email that they want to schedule a phone interview, I replied with 3 possible days and hours, got an email back agreeing on one of those days and hour. I did my research on this website to see what they might ask me. Compared to other people, she asked me all the questions you would get on a one-on-one interview. First she did not have my resume in front of her, because she asked me if I have a bachelors degree. Duh, I would have not applied if I did not have one - I did not say that to her obvious. The she started with what you like about your job, what you dislike about your job, have you been in a leader position, have you been in a position to give bad news to someone, have you ever went above and beyond for a customer. And for all of these questions and a few other to give examples. Since I don't have that much work experience, and I was working at the time of the interview as a volunteer, I guess they did not like that. So I got an email 3 days after the interview that they rejected me. But it did not bother me cause in the mean time I found a job. The lady I talked to was in a hurry, and did not seem that interested listening to me. She talked really fast and it gave me the impression that she wants to get over the interview as fast as she can. I really don't understand what they want from someone that graduated and has limited work experience and a couple of positions as a leader. The hole interview seemed pretty superficial. Maybe, they should list in their job posting that they want experienced people, that will be willing to work for pennies. And those interested in something entry level position, not to waste their time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Pomona, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The phone interview is more or less just giving you, the prospect, information about the position, company, and interview. Questions were asked but not really considered. The 1:1 was difficult (for me) because it was late afternoon, the interviewer was clearly not in the mood when she finally got around to interviewing me (her last candidate) 30 minutes after our scheduled time, and the questions were tougher than I expected considering I had the phone interview Wednesday and was asked to come in the next day. Although it's a "management" position THEY REALLY WANT SALESPEOPLE. I thought this was funny considering I have NEVER been sold, or attemped to have been sold to, by an Enterprise employee and I have used them often! My impression is that they are only interested in NEW, YOUNG GRADS who are just starting their careers. If you are an older new grad, I'd advise you to disguise it somewhat in your resume and responses if you're younger looking.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time you overcame an objection? HINT: The interviewer was testy when I didn't answer the way she wanted so keep it brief, even if you feel you havent explained fully just wait to be prompted for more information.   Answer Question