Enterprise Rent-A-Car Manager In Training Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview. Check!

First Interview: 1 hour. Nice woman that gave me advice for second interview. Check! (Many questions about overcoming adversity and why I am going to be the man at the company.)

Second Interview: 1 hour 45 min. Intense grilling again. This interview like the last was conducted by a 9 year veteran who clearly loved their job.

Third Interview: I actually was late because I had the wrong time. The area manager hardly gave any time to what I thought was the end of my run at employment. Instead she told me stories about how she missed an interview with a client, and she also made me feel at ease. All three people that interviewed me were woman, and they were all very serious. I actually found it very challenging to win these woman over, but once they knew I was authentic, they let their guard down.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about washing cars in your suite even though you spent 60,00 on college?   1 Answer
  • Why are you going to do so well here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them that I was there to learn and become a great manager, I said they should pay me whatever they want, but once I move past the MT phase, I said I had every intention on making a great living.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Employee in Brattleboro, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Brattleboro, VT) in January 2011.

Interview

First, I got a call to schedule a phone interview. We set that up. On the day of, I was prepared and ready to go about ten minutes before out scheduled time. She called about ten minutes late. Other than that, it was pretty easy. They reconfirm that you have a driver's license, can work in the US and are ok with 48+ hours a week and a crappy salary. She asked maybe 5-6 questions about past experiences. "Explain a time when you had to do something extra for a customer." "Tell me about a time when you were successful." That sort of thing. I "passed" and we set up a one-on-one interview in her office. This is when I learned that her office was 2+ hours away from the town I live in (and where the job I was applying for would have been). I decided to go anyway, even though I was not SO excited about the job.

I drove two hours in crappy weather. I was ten minutes early and then she made me sit in a really crappy/rundown/cheap looking reception area for about half an hour or more. There was no clock, but it was definitely well after our scheduled interview time. Again, it was pretty easy. She was really friendly and honest. More of the same types of questions, with more sort of "oh, you were really busy in college, huh? Didn't you get stressed out?!" I thought I did really well. We talked a little bit about the hours because I have a baby, and she said there was another option. There is a position called "CAR" (Customer Assistance Representative or something) that is forty hours a week. She said she'd like to move me forward in the interview process, but that I should think about what I want to do. She gave me the name of the manager at the store where I would actually have been working and told me to get in touch with her. This was Monday, she told me to call her back on Wednesday if I was still interested. She said that her cell phone and email were the best ways to get in touch with her.

I called the store in my town, but the manager was at a different store for the day. I called the store she was at and talked to her for a little bit. She seemed really busy and kept putting me on hold, but seemed sweet and friendly. She seemed to like me, too, and seemed fine with doing the CAR position rather than the manager training. I called the recruiting manager back on Wednesday, midday. I left her a message, since she didn't answer. I didn't hear back, so I called again in the afternoon, a few minutes before five and left another message. On Friday I sent her an email. I still had not heard anything back on like Wednesday of the following week and called and left another message. I still didn't hear anything back for another few days. Sometime in the middle of the third week I got a random, REALLY poorly written email. We are talking misspelled words and incoherent sentences! Part of it seemed form and part personal, but just sloppy and totally careless. Anyway, she basically said that "due to circumstance in the region and the weather" that she was unable to get back to me and the had already hired someone else, who they apparently WERE able to "get back to".

That's the part that really got me. How can someone who can't write a complete, coherent, properly spelled sentence have this sort of job and I have been job hunting for four months!? Also, we live in New England! The weather is never an excuse for anything.

Anyway, I was definitely not impressed and will probably be happier somewhere else, when I find something.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (South Bend, IN) in November 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter interested in my resume and she set up a phone interview for the following week. The phone interview was very sales driven and I was asked multiple questions about my sales experience. After that I was set up for a 1:1 interview with the recruiter. That interview dove into my resume a little more and was short and sweet. I was given a folder explaining the pay and benefits and was scheduled for an interview with the branch manager and area manager. I took a tour of the office and learned the processes and had a very short question and answer session. At the end of this, I was scheduled for an interview with the district manager which was a very tough interview where they lay it all out there on the line. You should answer these questions truthfully so you can be assured you will be as good as a fit for the company as they will be for you. The culture is very sales driven and wants you to be a competitive person.

Interview Questions

• Why should we keep interviewing you when we have all these other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations, you take what they give you and that is what they give everyone.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I had the first interview and ever thing seemed alright and went well and I was asked for a second interview where I would meet a branch manager and was to ask questions at the location, the first half of the second interview I was too look around get a tour and ask question I tried my best to ask questions but the employees were busy working then the second part was the one on one interview with the branch manager that seemed to go alright. But the first half was very awkward and weird I tried to ask as many questions as I could but the way it is set up is not very efficient as the employees are trying to get their work done and attend to customers. I didn't get the job and quite frankly would not recommend it to anyone you have to pick up customers and wash cars that is pretty much what the job entails. Don;t bother going to the interview or applying there are much better jobs and positions out there!

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about the position you don't like are don't think you can do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

The Interview process started with a one on one interview an HR member she then says the want to set up an interview with a branch manager. I then went to the interview with the branch manager and hey show you around there store and you meet everyone and spend a good amount of time learning what there store does. The interview is with the District Manager and the branch manager. Well after this i got another call saying to go to another one of these interviews in another location. I went and did the same thing all over again and did very well both times the people liked me. Everyone was extremely professional up till this point. My final interview was back at there main HR office with with the hiring guy for the area some high up thing... I walk in and he starts spouting off inappropriate questions like. Well it shows you went to a privet school sounds expensive... WOuld your parents be ashamed if you where just a rental car manager... These questions continued and belittled me. I kept a smile on my face the whole time and answered the the questions the best i knew how... I was told i would hear back... though this interview was bad i though ok well the other guys have a say... Turns out i was wrong this guy gets the final say and it does not matter about what those under him say... Overall this guy turned me off from the company in general and i cant believe they would allow such inappropriate behavior.

Interview Questions

• Wont your parents be ashamed if you are just a rental car manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

As soon as they received my resume, they contacted me and scheduled an interview for that same week.When I arrived and met my interviewer he handed my a clip board and I was asked to explain in writing why I wanted to work for Enterprise.
    It seemed to me that the position was for a recent college graduate and not a seasoned sales professional. Although I graduated college 30 years ago, I was asked what clubs I belonged to in college. I found out the next day that I was not being considered for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to overcome an objection from a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone 2 days after sending in an online application. Got a 1:1 interview with regional recruiter. Went 15 minutes early, the recruiter's assistant came out and gave me a video to watch, took another 10 minutes until the recruiter came out. First thought I had when I saw her - "she does not look happy." First question - why do you want to work here. Most of the questions are behavioral based. Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond a customer's expectations. What leadership roles have you had. Just be prepared and specific. Research the company. Seems like they prefer people with sales experience.Position is sales heavy and I don't think one necessarily needs a degree to succeed.
    Didn't get a good vibe from anyone at the offices - seems like they all just started there and got stuck.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Burbank, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied online, and got a phone interview the next day. Not very exciting, the recruiter basically just verified the information and experience you have on the application. Then we scheduled another interview the very same week.
    The recruiter showed me a video about the company and job description. Then it was an one on one interview that contained very typical questions. Very boring. But the recruiter took a lot of time to talk about the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Bridgewater, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

First, phone interview which I think everyone makes it through and then the second is a one on one interview with the recruiter. As soon as I walked in I was greeted and then taken to a boardroom to watch a 20 minute video about how much all of these "employees" love their jobs renting cars and can make salaries upwards of six figures. It always makes me uneasy when a company has one of these because it just seems really corny and I feel like I'm sort of being brainwashed. Next we met and talked one on one in the recruiters office, she was really nice and asked me alot of run of the mill questions: "do you have leadership exeperience," "have you acted as a mentor to anyone before", "when was a time where you exhibited excellent customer service," etc, I don't feel that my answers were what she was ultimately looking for and although I thought the interview went well I was declined a second interview. I also made sure to ask her alot of tough questions because I had googled the company and found a website that basically is a message board full of current/past employees ranting about how horrible the company is. Either way I wasn't too crushed I didn't get the job, you could honestly make the similar salary working retail or at a bank, it's definitely not for me.

Interview Questions

• "have you ever acted as a mentor to someone before"   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2008.

Interview

interviews consisted of a shadow for one day at an local branch, at the local branch I interviewed with a manager and assistant manager. Afer passing those interviews i later conducted an interview with a regional manager. I also went to lunch with two managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation is was a take it or leave it deal