Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Getting the Interview

69 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

Interview Details – I wish I did better. I admit I messed up this interview.

Interview Question – Why do you think you can sale in a competitive environment?   View Answer

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

Interview Question – Whats you favorite color   View Answer

Reason for Declining – You can find a better job

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Was first contacted by a recruiter from corporate for an interview. The initial phone interview was pretty straightforward. Was invited to come into corporate for an in person interview and this was a very good experience. My recruiter was really looking to get to know me rather than just fill a position.

Interview Question – Why do you think we should hire you over all the other candidates?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2012.

Interview Details – Had a 1st interview that was very straight forward and your typical interview questions to get a better understanding of my qualifications and what I can add to the business. After a week received a call back for 2nd interview with branch manager and regional manager.

The 2nd interview was a lot more intense with questions coming from both managers. It was an easy back and forth and they then handed me a list of 10 business related activities and to rank them from most important to least. They then went through the list and asked why you ranked them that way.

Sales, sales, sales is all they care about. Customer service and honesty is secondary. All they want is you upwelling.

Interview Question – Are you going to use us for our training program then leave   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't care for their prioritization of what they wanted from employees

Manager Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, in person with recruiter, interview with branch manager and area manager, interview with regional VP then an offer

Interview Question – Times you worked fast under pressure while maintaining strong sales goals   Answer Question

Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and I received a call the next day from a HR recruiter. I did an on the phone interview with the recruiter. The next step was to interview with the recruiter face to face. Then I had a interview with the Branch Manager, and the interview went well. The Branch Manager scheduled a next day shadowing of the the current employees for me to see how the business operates. Lastly, I have to meet with the Regional Manager for a final decision.

Interview Question – Tell ma a time when you had to overcome and objection from a customer who was irate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ?There is no negotiations.

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – 3 in person interviews and one phone interview

Interview Question – name a time you handled a difficult situation   Answer Question

Simi Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2011.

Interview Details – Have a Bachelor Degree (any field) To get hired first you apply to the website, they dont take any walk in resumes at but it doesnt hurt to get your face out there. Once selected the recruiter will contact you about 1-3 days from the time you applied. They will give you a 10 minute approximate interview over the phone to see if you will qualify and agree to the base pay. If your looking for new work or is right out of college, it doesn't sound bad at all. Once that process is complete they will set you up with the HR Manager of the area you are need in, to do your second interview in person.If you pass you will have to come in on a separate day to do your "Branch Observation" They do this to see how you interact with other employees, if you are outgoing and active, if your social, if you can handle the pace and work load, and if your a presence in the office. This is good to see if you could do the work, so they have you shadow an experienced employee to watch them sale and handle the work. After about 2 hours the hiring area and branch manager will interview you in a back office on site. If you pass your third interview you will be scheduled to attend training which is usually scheduled on a Monday. They do pay for training, hotel expense, food and pocket money while in training. Its located south of Down Town LA, ( cant disclose exact location) just think about 1 hour from san diego coming north and about 55 mins coming from the san fernando valley going south. Training last for a week (5 days M-F) during training you will learn basically the back end side of the business for example: computer programs you will be using and the promotion process. Then you learn a little about sales, depending on the teacher you might practice sales while in training. Believe me training doesn't teach you how to sell but what your selling. Once your done with all of the testing and training, you will be sent to a local branch, on your own, for your branch observation. Usually they send you to the branch you will work at but if its too far from the training facility they will send you to a local one. If you have the highest score on your final exam you will receive a leather binder indicating you were the top scorer. Once your done with all the training your usually scheduled to work your first full day that following Tuesday.They do this because Monday is the absolute busiest day every week through the year. In some cases you might have to wait another week before you can actually begin work. Based on my experience this usually happens because they hired you while either the Branch or Area Manger is out of town. They want to be there for your first day.

Interview Question – The interview isn't what I would consider challenging. Enterprise seeks highly motivated and competitive people. They tend to be attracted to former athletes, especially in college. Its not mandatory to have a sports background to get hired, but if you did play any sport in high school or college your in a really good spot. Since the job is all about the being a team player and being very competitive, while taking care of your customers. They understand most former athletes have that "hard work drive" in them naturally. My advise is to highlight your success with any sport or form of competition you were apart of in the past. It makes the interview a lot more comfortable. Here's some questions that stood out : " Tell me about a time when you had to overcome adversity, what happened, what did you do to fix it, and what have you learned from that experience" ( sales type question) " Tell about a time when you were the leader and had to lead a team to achieve some sort of goal or expectation, and how did you do it?" (managerial type question) Trust me, a lot of people have very limited experience with these types of question and are forced to use an example that's not really related to the question. Most people will refer to something about a school project or something that happened while they were in Junior high school. There really isn't a wrong answer for this but it seems that those who have a good sports background tend to pass that oral interview with flying colors.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They dont really give you the chance to negotiate. They offer you the base pay for a Management Trainee take it or leave. On the plus side, that base pay is consistent with all MT'S so there isnt a negotiation.

Jacksonville, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

Interview Details – I read about the interviewing process on glass door before arriving for my interview and as expected I was asked a series of questions about my goals, aspirations, what it means to be a "manager", etc. I interviewed with both the regional manager and the manager of that location. Both were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. The regional manager boasted about how she started from the bottom and worked her way up. They bragged about the advancement opportunities that were available. However, although it was initially stated that "no sales experience" was required, I was asked over and over again in different ways about my sales experience, which I didn't have because the ad said you didn't need any. The interview lasted about 45 minutes (they were both about 15 minutes late as well). got a call back for the 2nd round (there are three in total), but I decided to pursue other opportunities. The job is not what they make it sound like - everyone starts on the sales floor no matter how much experience or education you have. You drive people to their cars and pick them up. You wash cars in your business attire. You are pressured to sell the added insurance and upgraded cars (hence the need for sales experience). Oh, and the hours are terrible (10 hours a day plus saturdays). This company seemed promising, but in the end they glamorized a crappy job to desperate graduates seeking employment.

Interview Question – All the questions relating to sales and numbers - I did not have sales experience, though they kept trying to get me to admit I did.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Job was not what it seemed.

Renton, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, within the week I received an email to set up a 1 on 1 interview. The interviewer has a list of interview questions that she reads off.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car Manager Trainee interview questions and advice. All 69 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.