Enterprise Rent-A-Car Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online through indeed and got a phone call about a week and a half later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic, they just let me know about the position and if I ever worked in customer service. I was then asked to interview with another person from HR at the end of the week. The second interview was a series of questions basically asking about your leadership skills and how you would handle certain situations. They want to make sure that you have a good background of customer service because that's mainly what they strive for. I went to the third interview about 3 days after the second one. The third interview is with an area manager and they basically ask more situational questions and about you competitiveness and customer service experience. After the interview you then are given a sheet and expected to shadow people in the branch so you get an understanding of what the job entails. Background check takes a while so don't get discouraged if you don't get back right away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, every intern makes 10$/hr

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

I had about 4 interviews. The first was a phone interview with a recruiter, then a skype interview with the same person. Then I had an interview with the branch and area manager at my location. They have you observe for an hour before your interview so you could see what it was like. That interview lasted the longest. The fourth interview was with the regional vice president. He didn't seem to have an interest in me at all and I didn't get it, so I guess this interview is a lot more important than the interviewer made it seem.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you could sell better than we could?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Honolulu, HI) in June 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews, easy interview process, I met with very nice people. It's hourly pay, with weekly overtime so you end up working at least 52hr a week not including lunch. Decided this was too much for me as I need to maintain a life and my relationship as well

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer situation you might have had   Answer Question

Hours are too long for the pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview...phone with high volume recruiter, email for follow up phone call and schedule face to face interview. During face to face you are evaluated also. If hired, background check and dmv check will be completed as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you do when someone tells you no when asked to buy a product or service you have sold?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Marietta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Three days later received an email to set an appointment for a 10 minute phone interview. After the phone interview I was offered an in-person interview which I set for the next day at 9am. This may be obvious but I would advise for anyone going to an interview, to leave very early. I made a wrong turn on the highway and I ended up getting to the interview location only 5 minutes before the start. One week later I got an email saying that they decided to pursue other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very short took less than 30 min he woman was straight forward but seemed like she was in a rush I'm not sure if this is standard practice to keep you on your toes

Interview Questions

• My education background, how I found out the position was open, if I had ever worked for enterprise before   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by email to set up a telephone interview. The recruiter called at exactly the time I was expecting. I was a bit thrown off by being asked immediately why I chose the specific location to apply. The reasons for looking for employment in that area were personal, and I did not want to share, so I just said "for personal reasons." Wasn't sure if my answers were too short or if the recruiter was just trying to keep up while typing responses. Totally blew the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your proudest accomplishment while working as part of a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

There was two layers. First an interview with the recruiting manager and the second with an in store. I called and they told me they were looking more for sales persons than for managers or leaders.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your greatest failure? What did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

First you apply online and then within a few days a recruiter sends you an email to set up a phone interview. If all goes well then you are set up for your first in person interview at their headquarters, which for me was 2 hours away. Then you get another email telling you the directions and what to wear, for men a business suit. Then your interview begins with the recruiter and he/she asks you basic questions, why enterprise, and are you competitive (which is a huge plus if you are), then they describe the job and how it will be 40,000 a year. Thats pretty much your salary, no overtime pay no nothing. Work over 50 hours a week for the flat pay of 40,000 a year. Yup thats why i didn't take the job. Then there were two more in person interviews, the hardest was the second one with regional manager. He will drill you to find out everything about you and to get to know you. Then the last one is with the Vice President. If you don't make it with him then you do not get the job.

Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

I had two interviews. One after meeting a recruiter on campus, the other one with the manager at the location I wanted to work. Mostly behavioral questions, such as "why is customer service important?", " do you hate losing more then you like winning?", " When have you failed?", and asking for leadership experiences.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to wash cars?   1 Answer