Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Apr 28, 2014

Average Difficulty
70 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Woburn, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online, you'll be contacted by someone for a phone interview if they are interested. This interview will do a little bit of screening and ask about some sales/customer service experience. If they are interested, they'll call you back for a 1:1.

The 1:1 almost all questions revolve around customer service/sales experiences.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time where a customer was being unreasonable and how did you resolve the situation."   Answer Question
  • "Are you competitive? Describe a time where you were at your most competitive."   Answer Question

Manager Trainee

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

Interview Details – Be ready for the tough questions and make sure you know more about the company. The lady was very straight forward and gave me false hope. I didn't get a second job interview, even though I had previous customer experience as well as a degree. I doubt I was given a serious chance as the interviewer seemed fake and very unresponsive, like she did not want to be there. I would say for an entry level job that was by far the worst interview process i have experienced.

Manager Trainee

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2012.

Interview Details – ERAC promotes within so I initially was a car prep for 2 years and they wanted to become full time but i haven't graduated from college. I was nervous at first cause this would my first "real job". Once I graduated i talk to the area manger he told me to do an application. Once I did that I was called in for an interview 2 days after, did my 3 interviews and i was offered the job.

Interview Question – What would you change about Enterprise if you could?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – HR phone interview HR face to face interview Branch visit with area manager and branch manager then final interview with the vp all behavior questions they get hard as you move up final interview could be intense depending on the person

Interview Question – Why Enterprise   Answer Question

Manager Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – I was early to the interiew kept me waiting for about 15 min. The women who interviewed appeared to be nice but she was spoke really fast and was very intimidating. I felt like I was being interrogated. The interview actually changed my mind about wanting to work there.

Interview Question – Comparing professional work experience to sales if you do not have sales experience was most difficult for me.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Very thorough (3 interview) process. This company looks for personality types as oppose to background education and experience. Sales and Customer Service is essential and the grit to make "cash is king" your daily ethos will get you far not only in the interview but through your journey as a manager trainee and beyond.

Interview Question – Situational question format about sales, customer service, professionalism, ethics and business sense.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation accepted. ERAC has all the leverage.

Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and I received a call the next day from a HR recruiter. I did an on the phone interview with the recruiter. The next step was to interview with the recruiter face to face. Then I had a interview with the Branch Manager, and the interview went well. The Branch Manager scheduled a next day shadowing of the the current employees for me to see how the business operates. Lastly, I have to meet with the Regional Manager for a final decision.

Interview Question – Tell ma a time when you had to overcome and objection from a customer who was irate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ?There is no negotiations.

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online on their website. Soon after I got a phone call from recruiter with a brief over the phone interview. Next step was to interview with recruiter at regional HQ regarding sales history and brief company profile. From there they referred me to the area manager for the next interview. Both interviews consisted of sales questions regarding personal experience. The interviewers were professional and friendly throughout the process.

Interview Question – Think of a time you had to make a sale when the customer was leaning toward not buying? Did you make the sale and how?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2010.

Interview Details – At first, I was contacted by a local HR recruiter who set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview was pretty basic, and to the point. Next, I was given a longer phone interview, followed by an interview at a local branch. That day, I hung out a little bit and got to see how things ran in the office. I was then interviewed by the branch manager and area manager who were both pretty nice. Finally, I was invited to the corporate headquarters where I was interviewed by the VP of the area. He was very intense, and this was the hardest interview I've had to date. I was asked random questions on the spot such as: who is your favorite athlete, and give three reasons why. I wasn't into this job at this point, so it showed in this interview and I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name your favorite athlete, give three reasons why:   Answer Question
  • Tell five things ranked in importance that you feel are necessary to any business:   Answer Question

Murray, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2012.

Interview Details – It seemed like a nice place to work. They brought in lunch from Cafe Rio for their employees while I was there. The interviewer seemed to already have someone in mind for the position and was not interested in me. Even though this position was for a management trainee, they were not very interested in my management experience, instead they emphasized sales. It is clear they are looking for a glorified sales rep and then when a management position comes open you can be recommended to interview for it only if your sales have been very good.

Interview Question – What other companies and positions are you applying for?   View Answer

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!