Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
70 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Renton, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, within the week I received an email to set up a 1 on 1 interview. The interviewer has a list of interview questions that she reads off.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details – There was a branch observation. The interviewer is looking for you to be comfortable and interact with the employees. Make sure to generate several questions and stay engaged.

Interview Question – A lot of behavioral questions. "give me an example of a time you were dealing with someone you disagree with, how did you persuade them to see things your way?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotions

Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview in person with a recruiter. Interview with branch manager.

Interview Question – How you deal with stress.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Working conditions.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for the Manager Trainee position, about a week later I received a email from the HR rep for a phone interview (it was easy). The in person interview was about three days later, it went well (I was asked for 3rd interview) which is a branch tour and interviewed by Area Manager and Branch Manager (really nice people), after leaving the branch tour I was asked for a final interview with Regional VP . The interview seemed like it went well but I was not offered the position. The VP seemed like he just did not like me from the get go, but kept a smile on his face like he did. My advice is when they ask you what was you favorite and least favorite jobs you had in the past do not answer honestly (my mistake) say something like "My favorite job was when I worked at blah blah and displayed my love of sales and provided customers with excellent service". When asked what was your least favorite "say you liked all of your jobs because they each taught you something valuable about interacting with diverse customers and working as a team" please don't say the truth like me which was "I did not like blah blah job because the work environment was unprofessional and you wanted the employees to work as a team."

Words of advice:

Dress 100% business professional, men full suit and tie (black or dark navy). Women full suit as well with button down, not nice slacks and cute shirt. (business professional, not business casual its a big difference)

Smile, smile, smile and stay upbeat and positive

Ask a lot of questions and seem engaging (ask about company culture, employee turnover, what the interviewer dislikes and likes about the company)<------ something I did for every interview except the one with the VP, because I could sense he did not like me so I forgot to do this

When ask what bad you heard about Enterprise do not say the hours, they hate that. Say you have not heard anything bad

Enterprise is a great company and I really wanted the job, but I have to stay positive and believe the VP might of had the right gut feeling and maybe its just not the place for me

Not getting the job is not the end of world

Interview Question – The only tricky questions was what was your least favorite job (I repeat, its a trick question do not answer this honestly)   Answer Question

Manager Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – I was early to the interiew kept me waiting for about 15 min. The women who interviewed appeared to be nice but she was spoke really fast and was very intimidating. I felt like I was being interrogated. The interview actually changed my mind about wanting to work there.

Interview Question – Comparing professional work experience to sales if you do not have sales experience was most difficult for me.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – HR phone interview HR face to face interview Branch visit with area manager and branch manager then final interview with the vp all behavior questions they get hard as you move up final interview could be intense depending on the person

Interview Question – Why Enterprise   Answer Question

Reading, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

Interview Details – Enterprise contacted me very shortly after applying (within a week). The interviewer tried to glorify the position, and she stated that it would lead to many other possibilities within the company. The position is honestly a glorified customer service rep, and the compensation is not so great.

Interview Question – Would you wash cars in a suit?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The compensation was less than I required.

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – Be exciting, friendly, a people person. There looking for competitiveness, independent, go get it personality. Talk about team work and stuff like that.

Interview Question – what can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – I applied online then later that day I got a phone call to set up an interview with the local HR person. The interview lasted for about an hour and for the most part she asked standard questions. Like "name a time you had a conflict during a group project and how did you handle it?" and "what is your greatest achievement?". At the end of the interview the HR person seemed pleased with me and handed me some papers on benefits and salary and told me she would like to bring me back for the second part of the interview process. Two weeks went by and no email ever came and finally I got in touch with her and she told me me they decided to hire another person and that I should have gotten an email. I did not get an email from her until later that day saying what she had told my on the phone. In short they do not have their act together. Do not even waste your time with them.

Interview Question – What is your greatest accomplishment besides graduating college?   Answer Question

Fayetteville, NC

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – The interview was short and to the point. Took about 10 min. Afterwards she made me aware that they would send me an email one way or another informing me whether I was selected to move forward to a face to face or not. I appreciate that, most companies you don't hear from unless you are selected. We'll see.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a difficult client in the past?   Answer Question