Enterprise Rent-A-Car Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

HR phone interview HR face to face interview Branch visit with area manager and branch manager then final interview with the vp all behavior questions they get hard as you move up final interview could be intense depending on the person

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

I applied online for the Manager Trainee position, about a week later I received a email from the HR rep for a phone interview (it was easy). The in person interview was about three days later, it went well (I was asked for 3rd interview) which is a branch tour and interviewed by Area Manager and Branch Manager (really nice people), after leaving the branch tour I was asked for a final interview with Regional VP . The interview seemed like it went well but I was not offered the position. The VP seemed like he just did not like me from the get go, but kept a smile on his face like he did. My advice is when they ask you what was you favorite and least favorite jobs you had in the past do not answer honestly (my mistake) say something like "My favorite job was when I worked at blah blah and displayed my love of sales and provided customers with excellent service". When asked what was your least favorite "say you liked all of your jobs because they each taught you something valuable about interacting with diverse customers and working as a team" please don't say the truth like me which was "I did not like blah blah job because the work environment was unprofessional and you wanted the employees to work as a team."

Words of advice:

Dress 100% business professional, men full suit and tie (black or dark navy). Women full suit as well with button down, not nice slacks and cute shirt. (business professional, not business casual its a big difference)

Smile, smile, smile and stay upbeat and positive

Ask a lot of questions and seem engaging (ask about company culture, employee turnover, what the interviewer dislikes and likes about the company)<------ something I did for every interview except the one with the VP, because I could sense he did not like me so I forgot to do this

When ask what bad you heard about Enterprise do not say the hours, they hate that. Say you have not heard anything bad

Enterprise is a great company and I really wanted the job, but I have to stay positive and believe the VP might of had the right gut feeling and maybe its just not the place for me

Not getting the job is not the end of world

Interview Questions
    • The only tricky questions was what was your least favorite job (I repeat, its a trick question do not answer this honestly)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

I wish I did better. I admit I messed up this interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you can sale in a competitive environment?   View Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Be exciting, friendly, a people person. There looking for competitiveness, independent, go get it personality. Talk about team work and stuff like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2013.

Phone interview in person with a recruiter. Interview with branch manager.

Working conditions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied online then later that day I got a phone call to set up an interview with the local HR person. The interview lasted for about an hour and for the most part she asked standard questions. Like "name a time you had a conflict during a group project and how did you handle it?" and "what is your greatest achievement?". At the end of the interview the HR person seemed pleased with me and handed me some papers on benefits and salary and told me she would like to bring me back for the second part of the interview process. Two weeks went by and no email ever came and finally I got in touch with her and she told me me they decided to hire another person and that I should have gotten an email. I did not get an email from her until later that day saying what she had told my on the phone. In short they do not have their act together. Do not even waste your time with them.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest accomplishment besides graduating college?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The interview was short and to the point. Took about 10 min. Afterwards she made me aware that they would send me an email one way or another informing me whether I was selected to move forward to a face to face or not. I appreciate that, most companies you don't hear from unless you are selected. We'll see.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Applied to position on-line. Received email response asking for available time to set up phone screen / Interview. First interview was by phone. Basic questions about work experience and situational questions. Asked after interview to have another in person at the regional office.
    Second interview was in person. This interview took about 40 minutes. The questions were along the same line as the first just a little more specific. Experience in sales and customer service, explanation of gaps in employment, situational questions. All in all about 15 to 20 questions. After interview was told that they would set up interview with branch manager and regional manager with an hour or so observation.
    Third interview took about 2 hours. Started by interviewing with BM and RM. They asked questions again along the same line as the previous two interviews focusing more on situational questions and less on work history. After interview was over was introduced to AM and went over the basics of what you do in a day, common issues that arise and got to meet the rest of the team. After that the BM gave a brief description of sales goals and a little more information about the job.
    The BM and RM then said that they would continue to talk and inform me of a decision in a week or so as they had more applicants to interview. Awaiting a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Explain an experience when you received poor customer service and how you would have dealt with the situation had you been in charge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2013.

The phone call was very casual. I felt very comfortable. She asked two basic questions about past experiences related to job history. The whole interview lasted about fifteen minutes. I was told by the woman who called me their is a four step interview process.

Interview Questions
    • When did I have to persuade someone to do something? I am only on step one so I just thought you should be aware of where I am at. I am hopeful!!!   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2013.

Very unprofessional and unorganized. During the pre interview observation they were very unorganized. The girls working there had a difficult time answering some questions that I thought were pretty basic. Make sure that when interviewing you have a lot of accounts of previous customer service. The area manager seemed like she didn't have a real good grip on life maybe she was having some personal problems but seemed frazzled the entire time and had terrible time management. I guess this may be a reason why most of the other reviews I have read have rated the Ithaca location terribly.