Enterprise Rent-A-Car Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2014
Updated Apr 28, 2014

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Applied to position on-line. Received email response asking for available time to set up phone screen / Interview. First interview was by phone. Basic questions about work experience and situational questions. Asked after interview to have another in person at the regional office.
Second interview was in person. This interview took about 40 minutes. The questions were along the same line as the first just a little more specific. Experience in sales and customer service, explanation of gaps in employment, situational questions. All in all about 15 to 20 questions. After interview was told that they would set up interview with branch manager and regional manager with an hour or so observation.
Third interview took about 2 hours. Started by interviewing with BM and RM. They asked questions again along the same line as the previous two interviews focusing more on situational questions and less on work history. After interview was over was introduced to AM and went over the basics of what you do in a day, common issues that arise and got to meet the rest of the team. After that the BM gave a brief description of sales goals and a little more information about the job.
The BM and RM then said that they would continue to talk and inform me of a decision in a week or so as they had more applicants to interview. Awaiting a call back.

Interview Questions
  • Explain an experience when you received poor customer service and how you would have dealt with the situation had you been in charge?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2013.

Very unprofessional and unorganized. During the pre interview observation they were very unorganized. The girls working there had a difficult time answering some questions that I thought were pretty basic. Make sure that when interviewing you have a lot of accounts of previous customer service. The area manager seemed like she didn't have a real good grip on life maybe she was having some personal problems but seemed frazzled the entire time and had terrible time management. I guess this may be a reason why most of the other reviews I have read have rated the Ithaca location terribly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2013.

The phone call was very casual. I felt very comfortable. She asked two basic questions about past experiences related to job history. The whole interview lasted about fifteen minutes. I was told by the woman who called me their is a four step interview process.

Interview Questions
    • When did I have to persuade someone to do something? I am only on step one so I just thought you should be aware of where I am at. I am hopeful!!!   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

Phone interview. In person interview. If pass those then you meet with a Manager at a location and have another interview.

Interview Questions

I did not like the pay for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2013.

Applied online and recieved a call about 5 days later. Once I completed the 5 min. interview they scheduled a 30 min phone interview. A lot of basic questions about yourself and your previous jobs. Set up for another interview next week.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you had things not go your way and how did you deal with the pressure of those situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2011.

Filled out an application online. Then, I was contacted by a local recruiter for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview and was invited for a face-to-face interview the following week. The recruiter was great and I felt comfortable in my face-to-face interview. After passing that interview, I moved onto round 3. This was an interview at the potential branch you would be working. I was interviewed by the Assistant Branch Manager and introduced to the other trainees. After passing this round, I was set up with a final interview with the area manager. It was a long process that took more than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for specific customer service situations and how I handled them. I had to think about the questions and pick a situation. There were a few long pauses while I was thinking.   Answer Question
    It was non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2012.

Was called for an interview when returned call it took me two calls, then the hiring mgr called me back twice. I went for interview finally within a weeks time from fling out app online. Another person came out interview filling out a form for background check so I asked if that was his 1st and he said yes. So I figured they hiring on the spot but not me. I thought interview went good so when I asked my questions I asked what are you looking for he said someone with extensive sales experience which I did have not sure what went wrong I thought I made myself very clear of my work history plus he had my resume.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle conflict? What would you do if you weren't going to meet a deadline? How would you persuade someone? Questions about leadership roles and sales experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2012.

I filled out an application online and got a call for a phone interview the next day. Mostly just questions about my resume and work experience. Next I had a branch observation followed by another interview with an area manager. After passing that I had one more interview, and then had to pass a background check before an offer was extended. The entire process took a week and a half.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2012.

You will have 3 interviews.
    1. recruiter
    2. manager
    3. guy above area manager

Asked questions and all you have to do is answer confidently and brag about your salesman skills. ask the interviewer more questions as if you were interviewing them..they were very impresses.

pay sucks..GREAT BENIFITS THOUGH..
    I NO LONGER WORK FOR THEM....THE JOB IS NOT FOR ME!!!

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2012.

First there was a phone interview, just to check on your qualifications (and probably your phone voice). After approval I went in for a face to face with the HR staff. Basic questions for a sales position. Third interview was with the area manager. This went well except for the end where I was asked what I would and would not sacrifice for a job. I answered honestly knowing it wasn't what they wanted to hear. It was the first job that I have interviewed for and didn't get, and I felt fine about it. After hearing about the long minimum hours and low pay, I didn't want the job half way through the last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you sacrificed for a job. Give an example of when you didn't.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when another employee didn't use good customer service skills.   Answer Question