Enterprise Rent-A-Car Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Murray, UT) in May 2012.

Interview

It seemed like a nice place to work. They brought in lunch from Cafe Rio for their employees while I was there. The interviewer seemed to already have someone in mind for the position and was not interested in me. Even though this position was for a management trainee, they were not very interested in my management experience, instead they emphasized sales. It is clear they are looking for a glorified sales rep and then when a management position comes open you can be recommended to interview for it only if your sales have been very good.

Interview Questions

• What other companies and positions are you applying for?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Greensboro, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

You will have 3 interviews.
    1. recruiter
    2. manager
    3. guy above area manager

Asked questions and all you have to do is answer confidently and brag about your salesman skills. ask the interviewer more questions as if you were interviewing them..they were very impresses.

pay sucks..GREAT BENIFITS THOUGH..
    I NO LONGER WORK FOR THEM....THE JOB IS NOT FOR ME!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, just to check on your qualifications (and probably your phone voice). After approval I went in for a face to face with the HR staff. Basic questions for a sales position. Third interview was with the area manager. This went well except for the end where I was asked what I would and would not sacrifice for a job. I answered honestly knowing it wasn't what they wanted to hear. It was the first job that I have interviewed for and didn't get, and I felt fine about it. After hearing about the long minimum hours and low pay, I didn't want the job half way through the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you sacrificed for a job. Give an example of when you didn't.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when another employee didn't use good customer service skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Terre Haute, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

The phone interview went very well, she asked basic questions as to my past sales experience as well as my driving record. Was immediately moved onto the 1:1 interview which was scheduled for the following week. 1:1 interview was about 30 minutes long, although an hour was scheduled. She asked more detailed and in depth questions about past experiences, career goals, and desire for this position. At the end of the interview, said she or someone would get back to me by the end of the week, wound up not hearing back until the middle of the following week despite emails and phone calls to the office.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

Had a 1st interview that was very straight forward and your typical interview questions to get a better understanding of my qualifications and what I can add to the business. After a week received a call back for 2nd interview with branch manager and regional manager.

The 2nd interview was a lot more intense with questions coming from both managers. It was an easy back and forth and they then handed me a list of 10 business related activities and to rank them from most important to least. They then went through the list and asked why you ranked them that way.

Sales, sales, sales is all they care about. Customer service and honesty is secondary. All they want is you upwelling.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to use us for our training program then leave   Answer Question

Didn't care for their prioritization of what they wanted from employees

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Jacksonville, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I read about the interviewing process on glass door before arriving for my interview and as expected I was asked a series of questions about my goals, aspirations, what it means to be a "manager", etc. I interviewed with both the regional manager and the manager of that location. Both were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. The regional manager boasted about how she started from the bottom and worked her way up. They bragged about the advancement opportunities that were available. However, although it was initially stated that "no sales experience" was required, I was asked over and over again in different ways about my sales experience, which I didn't have because the ad said you didn't need any. The interview lasted about 45 minutes (they were both about 15 minutes late as well). got a call back for the 2nd round (there are three in total), but I decided to pursue other opportunities. The job is not what they make it sound like - everyone starts on the sales floor no matter how much experience or education you have. You drive people to their cars and pick them up. You wash cars in your business attire. You are pressured to sell the added insurance and upgraded cars (hence the need for sales experience). Oh, and the hours are terrible (10 hours a day plus saturdays). This company seemed promising, but in the end they glamorized a crappy job to desperate graduates seeking employment.

Interview Questions

• All the questions relating to sales and numbers - I did not have sales experience, though they kept trying to get me to admit I did.   Answer Question

Job was not what it seemed.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview. In person interview. If pass those then you meet with a Manager at a location and have another interview.

Interview Questions

I did not like the pay for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Reading, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

Enterprise contacted me very shortly after applying (within a week). The interviewer tried to glorify the position, and she stated that it would lead to many other possibilities within the company. The position is honestly a glorified customer service rep, and the compensation is not so great.

Interview Questions

The compensation was less than I required.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Sacramento, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

1) recruiter calls for quick phone interview 2) in person interview with recruiter 3) in person interview with area manager 4) interview with store manager and regional manager. 5) then you wait for a week, either you get it or you dont

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Wilkes Barre, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

Well, first off, got word from my career counselor about this position, the Management Trainee at Enterprise. Applied for the job, as I thought my Business degree background would be suited for this company. ABout a week later, I recieved a call from there Talent Aquisitions Manager, and had a brief phone interview, about 10 minutes to determine if I qualified for a face to face interview. I did so I set one up at a local branch about a week later.

The first face to face interview was with the Talent Aquisistions Manager. It was about 40 minutes long. The questions consisted of my experience, educational background, extra-cirricular activities, which they are high on, and asked a lot about customer service situations you've been in.

After that interview, she immediately told me I'm qualified and set me up for a 2nd interview with the area manager, about 10 days later.

Now, the day of my 2nd interview, was scheduled for 8:00 am. I was apparently going to observe as well. The Area Manager shows up at 9:15 am, 1hr and 15 minutes late. I was that close to just walking out then. Comes in, doesn't even acknowledge nor apoligize for being late, to the point it seemed like he forgot about the interveiw, which shows dis-organization and responsibility on his part, which in the job description is a big deal. He walks in and goes into an office with the door closed for about 2 hours and makes calls/etc. Note: I was supposed to be observing with him for about 2 hours as well. The Branch Manager was very outgoing and forward and answered a lot of questions I had as I observed her. The job seemed pretty straight forward. They're big goal is for you to put clients in the most expensive vehicles and sell the full coverage insurance rates. Not bad.

By the time 11 am roles around, i go in for an interview. I tell him what I observed and how I'd be able to fit. He just seemed dis-interested throughout the interview, and talked about himself and his career background and accomplishments right after that, and it wasn't like my educational background wasn't impressive (involved in clubs, sports, and deans/presidents list, Internship, etc.). He then asked me 2 questions, same questions from interview #1. Answered them, shook his hand then left in disgust.

Recieved a phone call about 4 days later, didn't even return the call. The job market may be tough, but I'm not interested in working for a place where an irresponsible area manager is going to develop my skills to be a manager?

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with an upset customer and what did you do to satisfy that customer? (   Answer Question