Enterprise Rent-A-Car Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Ithaca, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Very unprofessional and unorganized. During the pre interview observation they were very unorganized. The girls working there had a difficult time answering some questions that I thought were pretty basic. Make sure that when interviewing you have a lot of accounts of previous customer service. The area manager seemed like she didn't have a real good grip on life maybe she was having some personal problems but seemed frazzled the entire time and had terrible time management. I guess this may be a reason why most of the other reviews I have read have rated the Ithaca location terribly.

Interview Questions

• What should I get for lunch?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (DFW, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Was called for an interview when returned call it took me two calls, then the hiring mgr called me back twice. I went for interview finally within a weeks time from fling out app online. Another person came out interview filling out a form for background check so I asked if that was his 1st and he said yes. So I figured they hiring on the spot but not me. I thought interview went good so when I asked my questions I asked what are you looking for he said someone with extensive sales experience which I did have not sure what went wrong I thought I made myself very clear of my work history plus he had my resume.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict? What would you do if you weren't going to meet a deadline? How would you persuade someone? Questions about leadership roles and sales experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Reno, NV) in September 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online and got a call for a phone interview the next day. Mostly just questions about my resume and work experience. Next I had a branch observation followed by another interview with an area manager. After passing that I had one more interview, and then had to pass a background check before an offer was extended. The entire process took a week and a half.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Greensboro, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

You will have 3 interviews. 1. recruiter 2. manager 3. guy above area manager Asked questions and all you have to do is answer confidently and brag about your salesman skills. ask the interviewer more questions as if you were interviewing them..they were very impresses. pay sucks..GREAT BENIFITS THOUGH.. I NO LONGER WORK FOR THEM....THE JOB IS NOT FOR ME!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Murray, UT) in May 2012.

Interview

It seemed like a nice place to work. They brought in lunch from Cafe Rio for their employees while I was there. The interviewer seemed to already have someone in mind for the position and was not interested in me. Even though this position was for a management trainee, they were not very interested in my management experience, instead they emphasized sales. It is clear they are looking for a glorified sales rep and then when a management position comes open you can be recommended to interview for it only if your sales have been very good.

Interview Questions

• What other companies and positions are you applying for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Terre Haute, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

The phone interview went very well, she asked basic questions as to my past sales experience as well as my driving record. Was immediately moved onto the 1:1 interview which was scheduled for the following week. 1:1 interview was about 30 minutes long, although an hour was scheduled. She asked more detailed and in depth questions about past experiences, career goals, and desire for this position. At the end of the interview, said she or someone would get back to me by the end of the week, wound up not hearing back until the middle of the following week despite emails and phone calls to the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, just to check on your qualifications (and probably your phone voice). After approval I went in for a face to face with the HR staff. Basic questions for a sales position. Third interview was with the area manager. This went well except for the end where I was asked what I would and would not sacrifice for a job. I answered honestly knowing it wasn't what they wanted to hear. It was the first job that I have interviewed for and didn't get, and I felt fine about it. After hearing about the long minimum hours and low pay, I didn't want the job half way through the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you sacrificed for a job. Give an example of when you didn't.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when another employee didn't use good customer service skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

Had a 1st interview that was very straight forward and your typical interview questions to get a better understanding of my qualifications and what I can add to the business. After a week received a call back for 2nd interview with branch manager and regional manager. The 2nd interview was a lot more intense with questions coming from both managers. It was an easy back and forth and they then handed me a list of 10 business related activities and to rank them from most important to least. They then went through the list and asked why you ranked them that way. Sales, sales, sales is all they care about. Customer service and honesty is secondary. All they want is you upwelling.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to use us for our training program then leave   Answer Question

Didn't care for their prioritization of what they wanted from employees

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Jacksonville, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I read about the interviewing process on glass door before arriving for my interview and as expected I was asked a series of questions about my goals, aspirations, what it means to be a "manager", etc. I interviewed with both the regional manager and the manager of that location. Both were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. The regional manager boasted about how she started from the bottom and worked her way up. They bragged about the advancement opportunities that were available. However, although it was initially stated that "no sales experience" was required, I was asked over and over again in different ways about my sales experience, which I didn't have because the ad said you didn't need any. The interview lasted about 45 minutes (they were both about 15 minutes late as well). got a call back for the 2nd round (there are three in total), but I decided to pursue other opportunities. The job is not what they make it sound like - everyone starts on the sales floor no matter how much experience or education you have. You drive people to their cars and pick them up. You wash cars in your business attire. You are pressured to sell the added insurance and upgraded cars (hence the need for sales experience). Oh, and the hours are terrible (10 hours a day plus saturdays). This company seemed promising, but in the end they glamorized a crappy job to desperate graduates seeking employment.

Interview Questions

• All the questions relating to sales and numbers - I did not have sales experience, though they kept trying to get me to admit I did.   Answer Question

Job was not what it seemed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview. In person interview. If pass those then you meet with a Manager at a location and have another interview.

Interview Questions

I did not like the pay for the position.