Enterprise Rent-A-Car Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN
Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2012.

The phone interview went very well, she asked basic questions as to my past sales experience as well as my driving record. Was immediately moved onto the 1:1 interview which was scheduled for the following week. 1:1 interview was about 30 minutes long, although an hour was scheduled. She asked more detailed and in depth questions about past experiences, career goals, and desire for this position. At the end of the interview, said she or someone would get back to me by the end of the week, wound up not hearing back until the middle of the following week despite emails and phone calls to the office.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2012.

Had a 1st interview that was very straight forward and your typical interview questions to get a better understanding of my qualifications and what I can add to the business. After a week received a call back for 2nd interview with branch manager and regional manager.

The 2nd interview was a lot more intense with questions coming from both managers. It was an easy back and forth and they then handed me a list of 10 business related activities and to rank them from most important to least. They then went through the list and asked why you ranked them that way.

Sales, sales, sales is all they care about. Customer service and honesty is secondary. All they want is you upwelling.

Interview Questions
    • Are you going to use us for our training program then leave   Answer Question

Didn't care for their prioritization of what they wanted from employees

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

I read about the interviewing process on glass door before arriving for my interview and as expected I was asked a series of questions about my goals, aspirations, what it means to be a "manager", etc. I interviewed with both the regional manager and the manager of that location. Both were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. The regional manager boasted about how she started from the bottom and worked her way up. They bragged about the advancement opportunities that were available. However, although it was initially stated that "no sales experience" was required, I was asked over and over again in different ways about my sales experience, which I didn't have because the ad said you didn't need any. The interview lasted about 45 minutes (they were both about 15 minutes late as well). got a call back for the 2nd round (there are three in total), but I decided to pursue other opportunities. The job is not what they make it sound like - everyone starts on the sales floor no matter how much experience or education you have. You drive people to their cars and pick them up. You wash cars in your business attire. You are pressured to sell the added insurance and upgraded cars (hence the need for sales experience). Oh, and the hours are terrible (10 hours a day plus saturdays). This company seemed promising, but in the end they glamorized a crappy job to desperate graduates seeking employment.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions relating to sales and numbers - I did not have sales experience, though they kept trying to get me to admit I did.   Answer Question

Job was not what it seemed.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

Phone interview. In person interview. If pass those then you meet with a Manager at a location and have another interview.

Interview Questions

I did not like the pay for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

Enterprise contacted me very shortly after applying (within a week). The interviewer tried to glorify the position, and she stated that it would lead to many other possibilities within the company. The position is honestly a glorified customer service rep, and the compensation is not so great.

Interview Questions

The compensation was less than I required.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

1) recruiter calls for quick phone interview 2) in person interview with recruiter 3) in person interview with area manager 4) interview with store manager and regional manager. 5) then you wait for a week, either you get it or you dont

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

Well, first off, got word from my career counselor about this position, the Management Trainee at Enterprise. Applied for the job, as I thought my Business degree background would be suited for this company. ABout a week later, I recieved a call from there Talent Aquisitions Manager, and had a brief phone interview, about 10 minutes to determine if I qualified for a face to face interview. I did so I set one up at a local branch about a week later.

The first face to face interview was with the Talent Aquisistions Manager. It was about 40 minutes long. The questions consisted of my experience, educational background, extra-cirricular activities, which they are high on, and asked a lot about customer service situations you've been in.

After that interview, she immediately told me I'm qualified and set me up for a 2nd interview with the area manager, about 10 days later.

Now, the day of my 2nd interview, was scheduled for 8:00 am. I was apparently going to observe as well. The Area Manager shows up at 9:15 am, 1hr and 15 minutes late. I was that close to just walking out then. Comes in, doesn't even acknowledge nor apoligize for being late, to the point it seemed like he forgot about the interveiw, which shows dis-organization and responsibility on his part, which in the job description is a big deal. He walks in and goes into an office with the door closed for about 2 hours and makes calls/etc. Note: I was supposed to be observing with him for about 2 hours as well. The Branch Manager was very outgoing and forward and answered a lot of questions I had as I observed her. The job seemed pretty straight forward. They're big goal is for you to put clients in the most expensive vehicles and sell the full coverage insurance rates. Not bad.

By the time 11 am roles around, i go in for an interview. I tell him what I observed and how I'd be able to fit. He just seemed dis-interested throughout the interview, and talked about himself and his career background and accomplishments right after that, and it wasn't like my educational background wasn't impressive (involved in clubs, sports, and deans/presidents list, Internship, etc.). He then asked me 2 questions, same questions from interview #1. Answered them, shook his hand then left in disgust.

Recieved a phone call about 4 days later, didn't even return the call. The job market may be tough, but I'm not interested in working for a place where an irresponsible area manager is going to develop my skills to be a manager?

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to deal with an upset customer and what did you do to satisfy that customer? (   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

I applied online for the Manager Trainee position at Enterprise, two hours later I got a email from a recruiter to schedule available times for a phone interview. I responed to the email and got set up for the phone interview the following day. The following day I was contacted by a Talent Acquistion Specialist where we carried out the phone interview which lasted about 15-20 minutes. Basic questions about myself and what I had on my resume and a little bit of situational questions, *when have I gone out of my way to help a customer*, *describe a time I had to handle an angry customer and what did I do to resolve the situation*, * what did I like and hate about my past job, why did I leave*, * where do I see myself in 5 years, how did I handle conflict with another employee*. After the phone interview I was scheduled to meet with the Talent Acquistion Specialist for a 1:1 the following day. Went in dressed professional with a blazer, we spoke about the weaher, where I was from and all of that then went into more situational questions which lasted about 30 minutes. I left and was contacted two hours later for an observation at a local branch to see how they operated with the branch manager and 1:1 interview also with the area manager right after. More situational questions and questions like why Enterprise, what do I know about Enterprise, What makes me the one for Enterprise, what can I contribute to the company, can I work as a team and am I willing to work long hours. That lasted about 45 minutes and got a call the next day with an offer. :) The interview process is a little tough but once you are done you will appreciate your new job. Just be ready, read the post on here, thats what I did and it prepared me. Go online and read about Enterprise on their home career page, it will get you ready for all the questions they ask you about the company. Just be yourself and be easy with your goal in mind and you will do great.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a leader?
      Tell me a time you bent company policy to make a customer happy?

Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you persuaded somone into getting something better?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they explain the salary and thats it, they reward according to your performance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

I received a phone interview from a recruiter, which went much the same way as everyone else here has reported. Next, I was invited to come in for one on one interview with the same recruiter. That went well and after passing that I was set up for a second interview with a branch manager and area manager. During that, I job shadowed and watched store operations for an hour before the interview. Next, I was invited to interview with the Regional manager. That went well and after that I had to fill out information for background check. I am waiting for the next step!

Interview Questions
    • "Why would your prior employer lay you off if you are so great at sales?"   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you failed to close a sale?   Answer Question
    None... the positions are structured and no negotiation available.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2011.

I passed the personality test and did well on the phone interview. I did the face-to-face interview and I thought that I had nailed it. I totally prepared for interview questions that they might ask. I bought a new suit and shoes. The interviewer seemed very positive and appeared to be pleased with my answers. But, the following day I received an email that they were pursuing candidates that had more core competencies. She had a sheet of questions and I could see blank space where she hadn't asked me all the questions. Maybe she had already hired someone else and my interview was a formality?? Maybe she didn't like my suit?? Either way, I spent money on the outfit that I didn't have to spend. I've been under-employed for a long time. This was a big disappointment and I am trying to not get hurt feelings.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an employee who wasn't doing their job??   View Answer