Enterprise Rent-A-Car Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

Enterprise contacted me very shortly after applying (within a week). The interviewer tried to glorify the position, and she stated that it would lead to many other possibilities within the company. The position is honestly a glorified customer service rep, and the compensation is not so great.

Interview Questions

The compensation was less than I required.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

1) recruiter calls for quick phone interview 2) in person interview with recruiter 3) in person interview with area manager 4) interview with store manager and regional manager. 5) then you wait for a week, either you get it or you dont

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes Barre, PA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

Well, first off, got word from my career counselor about this position, the Management Trainee at Enterprise. Applied for the job, as I thought my Business degree background would be suited for this company. ABout a week later, I recieved a call from there Talent Aquisitions Manager, and had a brief phone interview, about 10 minutes to determine if I qualified for a face to face interview. I did so I set one up at a local branch about a week later.

The first face to face interview was with the Talent Aquisistions Manager. It was about 40 minutes long. The questions consisted of my experience, educational background, extra-cirricular activities, which they are high on, and asked a lot about customer service situations you've been in.

After that interview, she immediately told me I'm qualified and set me up for a 2nd interview with the area manager, about 10 days later.

Now, the day of my 2nd interview, was scheduled for 8:00 am. I was apparently going to observe as well. The Area Manager shows up at 9:15 am, 1hr and 15 minutes late. I was that close to just walking out then. Comes in, doesn't even acknowledge nor apoligize for being late, to the point it seemed like he forgot about the interveiw, which shows dis-organization and responsibility on his part, which in the job description is a big deal. He walks in and goes into an office with the door closed for about 2 hours and makes calls/etc. Note: I was supposed to be observing with him for about 2 hours as well. The Branch Manager was very outgoing and forward and answered a lot of questions I had as I observed her. The job seemed pretty straight forward. They're big goal is for you to put clients in the most expensive vehicles and sell the full coverage insurance rates. Not bad.

By the time 11 am roles around, i go in for an interview. I tell him what I observed and how I'd be able to fit. He just seemed dis-interested throughout the interview, and talked about himself and his career background and accomplishments right after that, and it wasn't like my educational background wasn't impressive (involved in clubs, sports, and deans/presidents list, Internship, etc.). He then asked me 2 questions, same questions from interview #1. Answered them, shook his hand then left in disgust.

Recieved a phone call about 4 days later, didn't even return the call. The job market may be tough, but I'm not interested in working for a place where an irresponsible area manager is going to develop my skills to be a manager?

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to deal with an upset customer and what did you do to satisfy that customer? (   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

I applied online for the Manager Trainee position at Enterprise, two hours later I got a email from a recruiter to schedule available times for a phone interview. I responed to the email and got set up for the phone interview the following day. The following day I was contacted by a Talent Acquistion Specialist where we carried out the phone interview which lasted about 15-20 minutes. Basic questions about myself and what I had on my resume and a little bit of situational questions, *when have I gone out of my way to help a customer*, *describe a time I had to handle an angry customer and what did I do to resolve the situation*, * what did I like and hate about my past job, why did I leave*, * where do I see myself in 5 years, how did I handle conflict with another employee*. After the phone interview I was scheduled to meet with the Talent Acquistion Specialist for a 1:1 the following day. Went in dressed professional with a blazer, we spoke about the weaher, where I was from and all of that then went into more situational questions which lasted about 30 minutes. I left and was contacted two hours later for an observation at a local branch to see how they operated with the branch manager and 1:1 interview also with the area manager right after. More situational questions and questions like why Enterprise, what do I know about Enterprise, What makes me the one for Enterprise, what can I contribute to the company, can I work as a team and am I willing to work long hours. That lasted about 45 minutes and got a call the next day with an offer. :) The interview process is a little tough but once you are done you will appreciate your new job. Just be ready, read the post on here, thats what I did and it prepared me. Go online and read about Enterprise on their home career page, it will get you ready for all the questions they ask you about the company. Just be yourself and be easy with your goal in mind and you will do great.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a leader?
      Tell me a time you bent company policy to make a customer happy?
        Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you persuaded somone into getting something better?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they explain the salary and thats it, they reward according to your performance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2011.

I received a phone interview from a recruiter, which went much the same way as everyone else here has reported. Next, I was invited to come in for one on one interview with the same recruiter. That went well and after passing that I was set up for a second interview with a branch manager and area manager. During that, I job shadowed and watched store operations for an hour before the interview. Next, I was invited to interview with the Regional manager. That went well and after that I had to fill out information for background check. I am waiting for the next step!

Interview Questions
    • "Why would your prior employer lay you off if you are so great at sales?"   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you failed to close a sale?   Answer Question
    None... the positions are structured and no negotiation available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2011.

I passed the personality test and did well on the phone interview. I did the face-to-face interview and I thought that I had nailed it. I totally prepared for interview questions that they might ask. I bought a new suit and shoes. The interviewer seemed very positive and appeared to be pleased with my answers. But, the following day I received an email that they were pursuing candidates that had more core competencies. She had a sheet of questions and I could see blank space where she hadn't asked me all the questions. Maybe she had already hired someone else and my interview was a formality?? Maybe she didn't like my suit?? Either way, I spent money on the outfit that I didn't have to spend. I've been under-employed for a long time. This was a big disappointment and I am trying to not get hurt feelings.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an employee who wasn't doing their job??   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2011.

Filled out an application online. Then, I was contacted by a local recruiter for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview and was invited for a face-to-face interview the following week. The recruiter was great and I felt comfortable in my face-to-face interview. After passing that interview, I moved onto round 3. This was an interview at the potential branch you would be working. I was interviewed by the Assistant Branch Manager and introduced to the other trainees. After passing this round, I was set up with a final interview with the area manager. It was a long process that took more than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for specific customer service situations and how I handled them. I had to think about the questions and pick a situation. There were a few long pauses while I was thinking.   Answer Question
    It was non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

After applying online, you'll be contacted by someone for a phone interview if they are interested. This interview will do a little bit of screening and ask about some sales/customer service experience. If they are interested, they'll call you back for a 1:1.

The 1:1 almost all questions revolve around customer service/sales experiences.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time where a customer was being unreasonable and how did you resolve the situation."   Answer Question
    • "Are you competitive? Describe a time where you were at your most competitive."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2011.

The process was decently lengthy. I had three interviews in total, and had a few people to meet. But along the way I came to realize that the people at Enterprise were extremely easy and fun to communicate with. They also have a strong background of healthy competition which is something that I feel will help me strive into a great career.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2011.

Have a Bachelor Degree (any field) To get hired first you apply to the website, they dont take any walk in resumes at but it doesnt hurt to get your face out there. Once selected the recruiter will contact you about 1-3 days from the time you applied. They will give you a 10 minute approximate interview over the phone to see if you will qualify and agree to the base pay. If your looking for new work or is right out of college, it doesn't sound bad at all. Once that process is complete they will set you up with the HR Manager of the area you are need in, to do your second interview in person.If you pass you will have to come in on a separate day to do your "Branch Observation" They do this to see how you interact with other employees, if you are outgoing and active, if your social, if you can handle the pace and work load, and if your a presence in the office. This is good to see if you could do the work, so they have you shadow an experienced employee to watch them sale and handle the work. After about 2 hours the hiring area and branch manager will interview you in a back office on site. If you pass your third interview you will be scheduled to attend training which is usually scheduled on a Monday. They do pay for training, hotel expense, food and pocket money while in training. Its located south of Down Town LA, ( cant disclose exact location) just think about 1 hour from san diego coming north and about 55 mins coming from the san fernando valley going south. Training last for a week (5 days M-F) during training you will learn basically the back end side of the business for example: computer programs you will be using and the promotion process. Then you learn a little about sales, depending on the teacher you might practice sales while in training. Believe me training doesn't teach you how to sell but what your selling. Once your done with all of the testing and training, you will be sent to a local branch, on your own, for your branch observation. Usually they send you to the branch you will work at but if its too far from the training facility they will send you to a local one. If you have the highest score on your final exam you will receive a leather binder indicating you were the top scorer. Once your done with all the training your usually scheduled to work your first full day that following Tuesday.They do this because Monday is the absolute busiest day every week through the year. In some cases you might have to wait another week before you can actually begin work. Based on my experience this usually happens because they hired you while either the Branch or Area Manger is out of town. They want to be there for your first day.

Interview Questions
    • The interview isn't what I would consider challenging. Enterprise seeks highly motivated and competitive people. They tend to be attracted to former athletes, especially in college. Its not mandatory to have a sports background to get hired, but if you did play any sport in high school or college your in a really good spot. Since the job is all about the being a team player and being very competitive, while taking care of your customers. They understand most former athletes have that "hard work drive" in them naturally. My advise is to highlight your success with any sport or form of competition you were apart of in the past. It makes the interview a lot more comfortable. Here's some questions that stood out : " Tell me about a time when you had to overcome adversity, what happened, what did you do to fix it, and what have you learned from that experience" ( sales type question) " Tell about a time when you were the leader and had to lead a team to achieve some sort of goal or expectation, and how did you do it?" (managerial type question) Trust me, a lot of people have very limited experience with these types of question and are forced to use an example that's not really related to the question. Most people will refer to something about a school project or something that happened while they were in Junior high school. There really isn't a wrong answer for this but it seems that those who have a good sports background tend to pass that oral interview with flying colors.   View Answer
    They dont really give you the chance to negotiate. They offer you the base pay for a Management Trainee take it or leave. On the plus side, that base pay is consistent with all MT'S so there isnt a negotiation.