Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Dec 15, 2014

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2011.

The process was decently lengthy. I had three interviews in total, and had a few people to meet. But along the way I came to realize that the people at Enterprise were extremely easy and fun to communicate with. They also have a strong background of healthy competition which is something that I feel will help me strive into a great career.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2011.

Have a Bachelor Degree (any field) To get hired first you apply to the website, they dont take any walk in resumes at but it doesnt hurt to get your face out there. Once selected the recruiter will contact you about 1-3 days from the time you applied. They will give you a 10 minute approximate interview over the phone to see if you will qualify and agree to the base pay. If your looking for new work or is right out of college, it doesn't sound bad at all. Once that process is complete they will set you up with the HR Manager of the area you are need in, to do your second interview in person.If you pass you will have to come in on a separate day to do your "Branch Observation" They do this to see how you interact with other employees, if you are outgoing and active, if your social, if you can handle the pace and work load, and if your a presence in the office. This is good to see if you could do the work, so they have you shadow an experienced employee to watch them sale and handle the work. After about 2 hours the hiring area and branch manager will interview you in a back office on site. If you pass your third interview you will be scheduled to attend training which is usually scheduled on a Monday. They do pay for training, hotel expense, food and pocket money while in training. Its located south of Down Town LA, ( cant disclose exact location) just think about 1 hour from san diego coming north and about 55 mins coming from the san fernando valley going south. Training last for a week (5 days M-F) during training you will learn basically the back end side of the business for example: computer programs you will be using and the promotion process. Then you learn a little about sales, depending on the teacher you might practice sales while in training. Believe me training doesn't teach you how to sell but what your selling. Once your done with all of the testing and training, you will be sent to a local branch, on your own, for your branch observation. Usually they send you to the branch you will work at but if its too far from the training facility they will send you to a local one. If you have the highest score on your final exam you will receive a leather binder indicating you were the top scorer. Once your done with all the training your usually scheduled to work your first full day that following Tuesday.They do this because Monday is the absolute busiest day every week through the year. In some cases you might have to wait another week before you can actually begin work. Based on my experience this usually happens because they hired you while either the Branch or Area Manger is out of town. They want to be there for your first day.

Interview Questions
    • The interview isn't what I would consider challenging. Enterprise seeks highly motivated and competitive people. They tend to be attracted to former athletes, especially in college. Its not mandatory to have a sports background to get hired, but if you did play any sport in high school or college your in a really good spot. Since the job is all about the being a team player and being very competitive, while taking care of your customers. They understand most former athletes have that "hard work drive" in them naturally. My advise is to highlight your success with any sport or form of competition you were apart of in the past. It makes the interview a lot more comfortable. Here's some questions that stood out : " Tell me about a time when you had to overcome adversity, what happened, what did you do to fix it, and what have you learned from that experience" ( sales type question) " Tell about a time when you were the leader and had to lead a team to achieve some sort of goal or expectation, and how did you do it?" (managerial type question) Trust me, a lot of people have very limited experience with these types of question and are forced to use an example that's not really related to the question. Most people will refer to something about a school project or something that happened while they were in Junior high school. There really isn't a wrong answer for this but it seems that those who have a good sports background tend to pass that oral interview with flying colors.   View Answer
    They dont really give you the chance to negotiate. They offer you the base pay for a Management Trainee take it or leave. On the plus side, that base pay is consistent with all MT'S so there isnt a negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2011.

This was the longest interview process I have ever experienced. The thing I disliked most is the fact that despite my extensive management experience I was not offered the position due to not seeming aggressive enough. They definitely try to intimidate the job seeker and the process is not worth the pay. I would not recommend this program to others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2011.

I had to drive an hour away for the interview in the rain which was dreadful. The interview lasted for 40 minutes and I thought did well (was interviewed by a recruiter), but I was declined a second interview because I don’t have enough sales experienced, but I feel that he should have known that before even scheduling the interview because of my resume and cover letter. Some questions ask are listed below:
    *What is your strength?
    *What is your weakness?
    *where do you see yourself in five years?
    *Tell me a time you reach a sales goal?

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between good customer services and excellent customer services?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2010.

Took me three interviews to get a job for $11 an hour.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2010.

Called me up on the phone and asked what sales experience I have along with what customer service experience I had. Then set me up for a 1:1 interview

Interview Questions
    have negotiated yet, still need to finish the interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2010.

I kept missing the recruiters phone calls because I was at work when he would call, but it took me 2 weeks to actually get in touch with him because every time I called back he never answered. We finally set up an interview for the next morning after a 5 minute phone screening to qualify me for the 49+ hrs per week and to ask if the pay of $31,500 yr would work for me. At the interview with the recruiter the next morning, it seemed very professional but almost to the point that it looked like he was grading the type of suit that I had on and the shoes I was wearing, etc. I felt like I breezed through his interview questions for the most part and they do "behavioral interviewing", so be prepared for situations that you've had at jobs in the past, and how you felt and responded to them and what the outcome was. I was asked to go to another location the next morning and do a 30 minute branch observation to see if I would like the atmosphere and then on to the interview with the area manager.

The next morning I walked in as they were opening and just stood there at the counter trying to chit-chat and seem interested. Little did I know that I was talking to the branch manager. He was friendly but seemed very concerned with how his suit and tie were fitting and kept adjusting his clothing. (Seriously, its fine to dress up for work, but this job is renting and cleaning cars; it seemed a little much) I helped another MT for a few minutes take a car to the cleaning bay to help/watch. The area manager came out and got me and we went into the office for the interview. The branch manager came in as well. There were both very young, under 30. They started the questions like the day before but much harder and more in depth. Every question seemed to be directed at a specific past employer on my resume, and they wanted to specifically know why I had left each employer.

I felt like i was very honest and open with my answers and although it was somewhat difficult, I thought I would fit in working there. The interview lasted for 45 minutes. As I was leaving their office, they introduced me to the assistant manager and the region manager that happened to be there and said that he was the person I would be interviewing with for the 3rd interview. They told me I should hear from them to set up the next interview at the beginning of the week. A few days later I had not heard anything, so I sent a 'thank you' email to the recruiter and he responded that they had decided to pursue other candidates.

I was disappointed and surprised! I don't know if I looked to old to them (about 30), or they didn't like that I don't have my degree (but have 10 yrs of cust service exp and mgmt exp), or if I interviewed bad. My lasting impression of the company is that they seem very concerned with the way that all their associates look. Everyone was good looking and dressed overly professional for the part.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time at your current or previous job where you were given a task or a goal that you failed at. How did you feel about failing the expectation, and what did you do to make sure that it didn't happen again?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2010.

When I first apply for the Manager Trainee Position, I was contacted for my first interview the next day. The interview was a three step process: First interview was based on situation/behavioral question. Second interview was the observation of the branch and more detail question about sales experience. Third interview was from the VP to get to know you more.

The office was very organized to make the interview process quick and efficient in selecting their candidates. The staffing were very friendly to make the interview easy. I would suggest other candidates to focus mainly on aggressive sales, competitiveness, and leadership qualities. Make sure to give great examples.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you have dealt with a difficult employee and what steps did you take?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, it was a flat starting rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2010.

Enterprise contacted me for a 1:1 interview with an HR representative which was a standard interview. Everything they told me, even answering my questions, was completely 100% scripted and most of the information was really vague. I was told to come in for a second interview on very short notice at 8 am and on the complete other side of the city. Reluctantly I agreed and spent 2 hours sitting on my butt while all the employees including the manager just goofed off. Eventually the ARM came in to interview me with the branch manager and every time I answered his questions he looked away as if there was something more important in the background which is just plain rude and distracting. Overall I must say this was the least professional interview experience I have ever had and I implore others to seek employment else where if you are looking for a real opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you see yourself working for Enterprise   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2010.

At first, I was contacted by a local HR recruiter who set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview was pretty basic, and to the point. Next, I was given a longer phone interview, followed by an interview at a local branch. That day, I hung out a little bit and got to see how things ran in the office. I was then interviewed by the branch manager and area manager who were both pretty nice. Finally, I was invited to the corporate headquarters where I was interviewed by the VP of the area. He was very intense, and this was the hardest interview I've had to date. I was asked random questions on the spot such as: who is your favorite athlete, and give three reasons why. I wasn't into this job at this point, so it showed in this interview and I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name your favorite athlete, give three reasons why:   Answer Question
    • Tell five things ranked in importance that you feel are necessary to any business:   Answer Question