Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
70 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2011.

Interview Details – I passed the personality test and did well on the phone interview. I did the face-to-face interview and I thought that I had nailed it. I totally prepared for interview questions that they might ask. I bought a new suit and shoes. The interviewer seemed very positive and appeared to be pleased with my answers. But, the following day I received an email that they were pursuing candidates that had more core competencies. She had a sheet of questions and I could see blank space where she hadn't asked me all the questions. Maybe she had already hired someone else and my interview was a formality?? Maybe she didn't like my suit?? Either way, I spent money on the outfit that I didn't have to spend. I've been under-employed for a long time. This was a big disappointment and I am trying to not get hurt feelings.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an employee who wasn't doing their job??   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Woburn, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online, you'll be contacted by someone for a phone interview if they are interested. This interview will do a little bit of screening and ask about some sales/customer service experience. If they are interested, they'll call you back for a 1:1.

The 1:1 almost all questions revolve around customer service/sales experiences.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time where a customer was being unreasonable and how did you resolve the situation."   Answer Question
  • "Are you competitive? Describe a time where you were at your most competitive."   Answer Question

Knoxville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2011.

Interview Details – The process was decently lengthy. I had three interviews in total, and had a few people to meet. But along the way I came to realize that the people at Enterprise were extremely easy and fun to communicate with. They also have a strong background of healthy competition which is something that I feel will help me strive into a great career.

Interview Question – Name a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Fullerton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2009.

Interview Details – I first got an interview on campus and then the women said she would contact me for a follow up interview. I received a phone call to go into a branch for 4-5 hours where I would watch what I would be doing on a regular basis. I went in the morning shift after had a 1:1 interview with the branch manger instead of the area manager because he was busy. I received a phone call to come in to do an interview with the regional manager and did that interview. I was told to be waiting for another phone call. I met for coffee with the area manager and was offered the position. They did a background check and no drug test. You have to have a degree to even get an interview or position.

Interview Question – If I could be any animal what I would be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation is allowed

Carrollton, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had to drive an hour away for the interview in the rain which was dreadful. The interview lasted for 40 minutes and I thought did well (was interviewed by a recruiter), but I was declined a second interview because I don’t have enough sales experienced, but I feel that he should have known that before even scheduling the interview because of my resume and cover letter. Some questions ask are listed below:
*What is your strength?
*What is your weakness?
*where do you see yourself in five years?
*Tell me a time you reach a sales goal?

Interview Question – What is the difference between good customer services and excellent customer services?   Answer Question

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2010.

Interview Details – I kept missing the recruiters phone calls because I was at work when he would call, but it took me 2 weeks to actually get in touch with him because every time I called back he never answered. We finally set up an interview for the next morning after a 5 minute phone screening to qualify me for the 49+ hrs per week and to ask if the pay of $31,500 yr would work for me. At the interview with the recruiter the next morning, it seemed very professional but almost to the point that it looked like he was grading the type of suit that I had on and the shoes I was wearing, etc. I felt like I breezed through his interview questions for the most part and they do "behavioral interviewing", so be prepared for situations that you've had at jobs in the past, and how you felt and responded to them and what the outcome was. I was asked to go to another location the next morning and do a 30 minute branch observation to see if I would like the atmosphere and then on to the interview with the area manager.

The next morning I walked in as they were opening and just stood there at the counter trying to chit-chat and seem interested. Little did I know that I was talking to the branch manager. He was friendly but seemed very concerned with how his suit and tie were fitting and kept adjusting his clothing. (Seriously, its fine to dress up for work, but this job is renting and cleaning cars; it seemed a little much) I helped another MT for a few minutes take a car to the cleaning bay to help/watch. The area manager came out and got me and we went into the office for the interview. The branch manager came in as well. There were both very young, under 30. They started the questions like the day before but much harder and more in depth. Every question seemed to be directed at a specific past employer on my resume, and they wanted to specifically know why I had left each employer.

I felt like i was very honest and open with my answers and although it was somewhat difficult, I thought I would fit in working there. The interview lasted for 45 minutes. As I was leaving their office, they introduced me to the assistant manager and the region manager that happened to be there and said that he was the person I would be interviewing with for the 3rd interview. They told me I should hear from them to set up the next interview at the beginning of the week. A few days later I had not heard anything, so I sent a 'thank you' email to the recruiter and he responded that they had decided to pursue other candidates.

I was disappointed and surprised! I don't know if I looked to old to them (about 30), or they didn't like that I don't have my degree (but have 10 yrs of cust service exp and mgmt exp), or if I interviewed bad. My lasting impression of the company is that they seem very concerned with the way that all their associates look. Everyone was good looking and dressed overly professional for the part.

Interview Question – Describe a time at your current or previous job where you were given a task or a goal that you failed at. How did you feel about failing the expectation, and what did you do to make sure that it didn't happen again?   View Answer

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2010.

Interview Details – Called me up on the phone and asked what sales experience I have along with what customer service experience I had. Then set me up for a 1:1 interview

Interview Question – What sales experience do you have?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – have negotiated yet, still need to finish the interview process

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2010.

Interview Details – Enterprise contacted me for a 1:1 interview with an HR representative which was a standard interview. Everything they told me, even answering my questions, was completely 100% scripted and most of the information was really vague. I was told to come in for a second interview on very short notice at 8 am and on the complete other side of the city. Reluctantly I agreed and spent 2 hours sitting on my butt while all the employees including the manager just goofed off. Eventually the ARM came in to interview me with the branch manager and every time I answered his questions he looked away as if there was something more important in the background which is just plain rude and distracting. Overall I must say this was the least professional interview experience I have ever had and I implore others to seek employment else where if you are looking for a real opportunity.

Interview Question – Why do you see yourself working for Enterprise   View Answer

Shreveport, LA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for this job online and received a call from a recruiter within 2 hours. There are 3 interviews, first with a recruiter, then with a manager, then with the exact store you'll be working at. I only made it to the first. Typical interview questions, the recruiter reads 10 questions from a page. Others have posted the exact questions. Basically, the recruiter will tell you anything to pucker you up. He or she will not answer questions about turnover or what you actually be doing. He will give very generic answers. When i found out i had to be clean shaven (no goatee) i immediately knew i did not what to work for this company. After later research, i found out enterprise is a joke. I now feel embarrassed to have interviewed with this company.

Interview Questions

Pennsylvania Furnace, PA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2009.

Interview Details – I came all the way from new york to interview in the pennsylvania area, because i was trully looking to reloctae and eneterprise would of helped facilitate the official move. i had the prescreening on the phone only after applying two or three days prior. I went on the interview; I had to reschedule because of another mix up at anoother enterprise. The interview went well, so I thought. I answered all her question effeiciently. I felt very relaxed because that is how the interviewer made me feel so I spoke freely and honestly and I know my confident was bleaming, she also made a comment about it. I spoke of my experience and eagerness about working for the company. I even had researched the company and asked current employess so i was well informed and displayed that during the interview. I also asked her about her journey with the company and she hsaid she too came to the comapny as a recent grad. So I just knew I would at least get to the next part of the interviewing process. A few dyas had passed and I didnt hear anything back from them so I sent an email thanking her for her time and the opportunity to discuss with her my interest and qualifications, but got nothing in return, ot even a " sorry we went with someone else." What the Hell Happened? I was reading someone els's entry: the moinority. And after I didnt called back I tried to look at all that I did wrong but it was hard to find anything. Was it because of my color? I mean, most of the Enterprises that I go to dont really have that many Black Manager Trainees or Manager's for that matter. Was I just kidding myself? It seems mostly like whhites work there but I wasnt going after this job because of it, I was going after the job for the management experience. Ever since then my confidence has significantly plummetted! Thanks Enterprise..

Interview Question – Describe a challenging experience where you had to assume the role of a leader.   Answer Question