Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Robinson, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details – Initial recruiter was very professional and transparent about the entire process so I felt good about it from the start. First interview went good with recruiter, and I was then scheduled to meet with management at the Enterprise location I would hopefully by working at. Unfortunately, the management and staff at this particular location were incredibly rude and unprofessional. When there weren't customers in the lobby, they would be bad mouthing customers after they were off of the phone with them, or complaining about having to go clean one of the cars. I was really surprised they could have probably cared less if the CEO of Enterprise was sitting there. Needless to say, I did my best in the interview with the two managers, (one whom was in the lobby being very rude) and did not end up being offered a position. I felt that I would have been a good for for a job like that and I was qualified but I feel that the 2nd interview with these gentlemen did me in. In hindsight, I'm glad I did not get this job. Working 55+ hours a week in an atmosphere like that with phoney personalities and superficial relationships is just not for me.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to manage a problem. How did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Management Trainee Intern
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact cam later than I had expected but once the interviewing began the process became rather quick. There were two interviews, one with an HR representative and the second was at the branch that I had applied to work at. The interview at the branch office was between me, the area manager, and the branch manager. Questions were very straight forward.

Interview Question – Name an example of when you had a disgruntled customer and what you did to make their experience better.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details – I had interviewed at the Pittsburgh office to do the first interview/initial screening for the position I was moving to states away. The recruiters were very nice and pleasant to deal with. At the interview, they were REALLY looking for retail sales experience and if there was accountability and measurement of sales. They said they would let me know in a few days (and even gave me the exact day when they would call). After a week with no call, I left a message. I was about to take a vacation to the place I was moving to (the next review I would have do do at that location) and asked nicely if I should prepare for the next step. I had figured I didn't make it to the next round since they hadn't called me, so I figured to prepare for the worst. What I didn't prepare for was a rather rude response that had taken me quite aback and was confusing since everything was pleasant until that point.

I have two friends that I found out that are actually part of the Management Trainee program and both (unsurprisingly) had retail sales experience. I rated the experience 'Neutral' because it was a nice interview until that final call that still leaves me confused.

Interview Question – Did your company keep track of individual sales?   View Answer

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Management Trainee Intern
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview, two face-to-face interviews, with the first being 30 min. and the second being an hour and a half. First one was pretty straight forward but the second interview was much more in depth and high-pressure. IF you read the mission statement and research the site a bit it shouldn't be too difficult. Be confident and relax. Smile and be yourself.

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2012.

Interview Details – Unorganized. Each interview (3) was rescheduled by enterprise less than 24 hours beforehand. Lied about location. I'm not trying to bad mouth them but it was just not for me. It Didnt seem worth it to work the long hours and have to travel to a farther location outside of my town. Interviews were fairly easy. The questions asked were to be expected.

Interview Question – Judging from your major in college why do you want to work here ?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Long hours. Low pay unless you plan on staying with company for a few years. They offered me the position outside of the town I live in and I didn't want to make that long commute

Indiana, PA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was at school with one of the hiring staffs. A lot of tough sales questions and above and beyond customer services times. Some were asking about a time when we had a tough customer and when you had to sell someone something.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to make a sale to someone that didn't think they needed something.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2011.

Interview Details – I received a request to apply from an ERAC recruiter. Her email included a link to their online application, after I applied on their website using the link, a phone screener out of their Pittsburgh, PA office contacted me. The phone interview consisted of a lot of screening questions, and personality based questions. She asked me to describe a time that I was faced with a complex problem at a past job and how I resolved it. Upon passing the interview, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview at ERAC's Pittsburgh, PA main office. The face-to-face interview was pretty much the same with the phone screening only with a live person. The interview was mostly pleasant but I surprisingly did not receive an offer. It may have been due to me mentioning that I had other competitive offer, and inquired if they could offer more that the base salary they offered me.

Interview Question – How many, and to which other places have you applied or are planning to apply?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car interview questions and advice in Pittsburgh, PA. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.