Enterprise Rent-A-Car Sales Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Interview
Starts with a brief phone interview. I was then invited to an open house where I interviewed with 2 employees. Then I was invited to shadow a branch for an hour, which was followed by another interview. Finally, I was invited in for a third and final interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Super easy interview, basic interview questions, come with specific sales and customer service examples. The first interview is a phone interview, then meet with a branch manager and store manager, third interview is with the manager of the branch managers. Overall the experience of the interview was super comfortable and easy. They look for good customer service skills, teamwork, competitiveness and confidence. Downside of the job is average of 49 hour work weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Weaknesses? Describe a time where you had to overcome an objective. Describe a time where you made a decision that people did not agree with.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Had an phone pre screen, then I got invited to an open house. 24 hours after the open how I got invited in for a second interview. 3 day after that I got invited to the 3rd and final interview. I mentioned I may want to go to grad school at some point in the future and the final interviewer got visibly agitated.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email the following day to set up a phone interview. Then it was on to meet with their corporate HR person. After that you meet with the branch & region manager for the area you applied for. Then its back to corporate to meet with them again. Overall its a bit of a process if you already work. You just have to make time to go to all of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Most are basic, one interesting one was "When have you bent the guidelines to make a sale?"   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Phone interview basic questions
    Face to face with HR rep basic customer service questions. Tell me about a time type
    Regional manager face to face same as the HR rep.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a customer was angry with you, what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Roanoke, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the same day asking to set up a phone interview. I set up a phone interview for the following Monday which lasted about 30 mins. I received an email on Friday stating that they wanted to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell us two things you know about the company. What motivates you? What are three things you look for in a job ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Anchorage, AK) in May 2015.

Interview

I started off applying to the job online and within the week received a phone interview. The phone interview lasted around 15 minutes and asked questions related to your resume. After that I got called into another interview with an employee in the HR department. She asked many situational questions. Some of the situational questions were about leadership, biggest weakness and others like "Have you ever dealt with an angry customer?" or "When have you needed to step up in a group scenario?" Simple questions. The last interview was with the branch you will potentially work with. The first hour I just went around and talked to all the employees. It was all just friendly conversation to see if I would fit in, not many work related questions. Then I was interviewed by that Branches Manager along with the Area Manager. Wanted to see what I knew before going into the interview and I was asked many questions about both Sales and Customer Service experience.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Interview

I applied for the position through their website. I was contacted by a recruiter a few days later and scheduled a phone call to discuss my resume and the position. The recruiter was easy to talk to and the conversation went well. I was emailed the next day saying they decided to pursue other candidates. I must say, I am soon to graduate from a prestigious university and was easily qualified for the position. It was actually just a back up job I applied for. I think they're looking for people that are easy to manipulate and will accept horrible pay. Just my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you had at a previous job, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process is quite the experience, I had three phases, other MT's have said that they have had four. I simply went online submitted my resume and received a email from a recruiter about a week later. We set up an interview that lasted about 30-40 minutes, they were mostly questions about my resume and transcript, since I had no real work experience because I just graduated. To me it was a thorough info session of the job description and history of the company. Of course I made a great impression and was referred to a second interview with a branch manager and area manager(district manager).

You arrive at the Enterprise location, where you shadow for about 1-1 1/2hr with an assistant manager or experienced MT. You ask questions and observe, it's nice because you physically get to see what you may be doing. After you shadow then you interview with the managers, they ask you a TON of questions and most are scenario based. So be prepared to provide SPECIFIC examples or be a really quick thinker! Depending on how much they like to talk you can be in their for awhile like me. I was at the branch for about 3hrs!! The lengthy interview sort of turned me off at first then I received a call from saying they would like me to meet with the regional vice president.

When you get to this phase of the interview you've pretty much got the job. You meet with the big boss to give them a little information about your background and why your interested in working for Enterprise. They usually tell you about their career path and how they've gotten to where they're at. This phase was really short about 30 minutes for me. Some are offered a position right then and others aren't like me. For about two days I was in limbo as to not knowing if I received the job or not. Then I received an offer and I accepted. Some advice I would give is be prepared to rebuttal they will give you scenarios during the interview, show how you previously provided great service. This is a service based company and customers are always right! They also look to see if you fit in with the company's culture, most are young recent grads like myself and are laid back. Dress professionally, a suit of course, show your eagerness to learn, have energy and express a huge warming personality!!

Interview Questions

• How did you ensure your customers received value from a product?   Answer Question