Enterprise Rent-A-Car Sales Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Went in and met with the Area Sales Manager. Asked me questions about how I handle pressure. . . .trying to meet sales goals and very basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you walked in to an Insurance office and saw Thrifty pens and notepads etc.?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Paterson, NJ).

Interview

Phone interview, then multiple in-person interviews. Behavioral in style so be prepared to give examples and answer questions from your resume. Do NOT go into the process (even the phone interview) without doing extensive company research from the careers website. There is also an interview at a local branch so you can see the working environment. Take advantage of this opportunity to see the culture and talk to the employees.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Enterprise?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Competitive salary for entry level with ample opportunity for extra income through bonuses. No need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Farmington Hills, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I was told that it would be a five part process, however I only made it to the third part. I had to fill out the application, which was considered the first part. The second part was an over the phone interview and following that interview I was set up for an in person interview. The in person interview was located about an hour and a half from my home address. My interview appointment was set for about 9:30 in the morning, so I had to leave from my house at around 7:45 AM in order to make it there on time. The interview was pretty standard, I got asked the familiar questions. Obviously this company is looking for employees that can talk about "winning" against competition. I answered all of the questions that were thrown at me, very openly and candidly. The person interviewing me was not someone that you could really connect with. Clearly, he was a business professional with no actual human emotions. He wanted me to answer the questions in a certain way, particular to the way that he would have answered the questions. There was no room for error, you had to match exactly what he wanted you to say. I ended up getting turned down for the next part of the interview process after having to wait a full 48 hours to hear back from the Manager I had interviewed with. He was too self-involved and I can honestly say that I've had better interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• This is a very competitive work environment. Can you tell me of a time that you had to face competition in a work atmosphere.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through Monster, and was contacted within 2-3 days. There's a total of 3 interviews I made it to the third only to not get the job. The final said I didn't seem competitive enough. First interview was meeting with recruiter 30-45 mins long 2nd with area manager HOUR LONG. 3rd with regional president 30 min

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

I got a phone call for the first interview phone screening. It was only 5 minutes long and we just discussed past sales experience and the starting pay. What sales experience do I have? Would I like to work in the community? Does the salary sound like something I would like? Kelly was very nice, but seemed to be in a rush. She said should would speak with cooperate tomorrow and find out how many positions they were hiring and let me know if I will get a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do I have? Would I like to work in the community? Does the salary sound like something I would like?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Interview Starts with a brief phone interview. I was then invited to an open house where I interviewed with 2 employees. Then I was invited to shadow a branch for an hour, which was followed by another interview. Finally, I was invited in for a third and final interview.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2015.

Interview

HR calls and does a short phone interview then sets you up for the next step. Next step includes 1 hour of observation of operations at a branch followed by a sit-down interview with an Area Manager. If you are not a recent college graduate don't bother to apply. They do not want to hire people with experience managing elsewhere, they want young folks who will learn their methods only. Go into a branch and look around and see if you can find someone over 30. You won't.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your competitiveness, ask you to rate your sales ability. General situational questions asking you what you have done with upset customers, what you have done to upsell people, etc.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Very formal. 1st and 2nd interview basically had the same set of questions. Both of them were also online and they tell you wether you will proceed to the next or not. They do not intimidate you with any out of the blue questions and are pretty much straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Most stressful problem at work? Biggest sales achievement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Super easy interview, basic interview questions, come with specific sales and customer service examples. The first interview is a phone interview, then meet with a branch manager and store manager, third interview is with the manager of the branch managers. Overall the experience of the interview was super comfortable and easy. They look for good customer service skills, teamwork, competitiveness and confidence. Downside of the job is average of 49 hour work weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Weaknesses? Describe a time where you had to overcome an objective. Describe a time where you made a decision that people did not agree with.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Had an phone pre screen, then I got invited to an open house. 24 hours after the open how I got invited in for a second interview. 3 day after that I got invited to the 3rd and final interview. I mentioned I may want to go to grad school at some point in the future and the final interviewer got visibly agitated.