Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Management Trainee Interview

They actually called me and told me they were impressed with my resume and were eager to talk to me about the company and all it had to offer. It was great to know they were impressed with particular aspects of my resume such as my campus involvement. Many times, people look at your resume and just go for the interview, but Enterprise took the time to look at exactly what I have experience in and how those experiences can help me develop a career with the company.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied on-line and was contacted via email a few days later to set up a face to face interview with the talent acquisition manager. A week later I interviewed with the Branch Manger and the Area Manager. It's been almost a week and I still have not heard back….

Interview Questions
    • You must have sales experience and the competitive spirit   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The process of getting a call back after applying was surprisingly quick. You will receive a phone screening and then set up an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager in your area. The TAM will email you an invite to choose a date and time for the interview. You will discuss your most recent experience with Sales, Customer Service, & Leadership.

Be prepared to discuss your persuasive abilities to sell products & services to consumers. I believe the main part of ERAC's sales is persuading clients to purchase insurance. In my opinion these two things seem to be the most important thing to the company. Your leadership skills & experience may just be a plus because leaders & followers all should have the same goal and that's driving their sales by knowing how to sell and being persuasive in your customer service skills.

The salary was discussed at the end of the interview. I failed to ask how the salary was broken down with all of those working hours. You're told you will work weekends (probably only twice a month) and long work weeks (42-50+ hrs). Training is 2.5 weeks. The TAM will call you if you are invited to another interview but with the Area Manager or inform you they decided to pursue other qualified candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What other positions are you applying for?   View Answer

I had a better job offer.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Got email from recruiter saying they found my resume on monster.com. Gave me instructions to apply online and then after I finished doing so the recruiter got back to me rather quickly to set up a phone interview. We scheduled it for the next day and it lasted about 10 minutes. He wanted to set a up a face to face. I saw him a few days later and if you last past that they will schedule you for a visit to a branch office. You shadow a manager for a bit and ask questions to them and other current employees. I did that for about 45 minutes and then interviewed with the district manager I believe. That lasted another 45 minutes. The recruiter and the DM ask you scripted questions about sales experiences and alot of hypothetical situations and what you might do. In between the first and the second interview they will do a background check on you. The last step is to meet with the area manager. I was offered too but later declined because I accepted another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The interviewing process was long. You had to wait a week or longer after your first interview. Then your next interview was weeks away. Not only that but the second interview is an hour long observation of the store. I had to just sit there and watch their day to day process for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • if you could do anything and money wasn't an option what would you do and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

After I applied online, I was contacted within 5 days. The first interview/phone screening lasted about 15 minutes. Basic information was asked: Why are you interested in this company? Tell me about yourself? etc. The woman on the other end of the line then discussed what the job entailed: 50+ hours a week, weekends, etc. She then set me up for another phone interview 3 days later with another HR woman. This interview was far more in depth. A lot of STAR and behavioral questions, but I felt prepared. Personal Sales Goals/Experience was by far and way the most important topic discussed. Much of my sales experience comes from retail and is very team oriented (Sales Goals for the store rather than personal). After the interview, I concluded that this was probably not the right company for me. I remember reading a review of this company days before the interview which stated, "A company for Type A personalities." After the interview I came to the same conclusion. Regardless, it is a great company with a phenomenal sales training program. A few days after, I received a notification stating that they had moved on to other candidates. In a way, I felt a sense of relief since I had lost interest at this point.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you stay with us if you received a better offer from another employer?   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2014.

The talent acquisition manager is great in getting in touch with you. Guides you through all the steps of the interview process. Answered all my questions very clearly and promptly. Once you pass the phone interview the net step is meeting the Area Rental Manager. At this point be ready to be grilled by a professional who is looking for a leader for his team. If you pass this step then you meet the Regional VP, who will make sure that the Area Manager's interview was worth it. You are set if you stay calm and be yourself. Do not try to be a hero, They Will See Through You.

Interview Questions
    • Not too difficult but extremely important: "How have you gone above and beyond to extremely satisfy your customer?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2014.

Applied online, heard from the recruiter within 5 days. Got my first interview within 8 days of hearing from them. I went to a corporate head quarters fully prepared for the interview. The recruiter asked me questions for about 45 minutes to an hour. After the interview I questioned him for about 15 minutes on the company. I felt everything went really well. I none of the questions really stumped me. I heard back from them via email the following monday and they informed me they were going to go in a different direction. Which was fine, it was my first interview after college. Good experience over all.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with a tough customer. And how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Very thorough process consisting of 3 rounds of interviews. many of the questions are redundant but I think what they're really looking for is consistency and personality. The second round is the most rigorous consisting mostly of situational questions, "tell me about a time when..." they're looking for very specific examples so make sure you come prepared with lots of details.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 years? 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What are the 3 most important factors you are looking for in a career?   View Answer
    I did not try to negotiate

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied for the sales management trainee position. I received an email to set up a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview is just basic questions about your driving record and experience, and mostly explaining the position, hours and salary. They will stress the fact that you are expected to work at least 48 hours a week.

The first in-person interview was with human resources. She was very pleasant and made the interview go very well. She asked a lot of questions about how I would react to specific situations and wanted to get a general view of how well I could think critically and communicate. The interview lasted an hour. I did a lot of research on the company and wrote answers to several questions, so that I would have something to reference. In order to make it more natural, speak slowly, eye contact, and allow yourself some pauses so that it doesn't sound like you're reading off the answers you typed the night before. I could tell she was happy with the answers that I gave because she would smile and reiterate the points I hit on the nail. In the end, she explained the management trainee track and invited me to do a second interview. I called her back that day to let her know I wanted to move forward and sent a thank you email.

At the second interview, I went to the actual branch I would be working. I met with the area manager and branch manager. The branch manager asked me some questions and took me around. I met all of the employees and had a brief conversation with one of the them. Then, I was taken to the office where I was interviewed by both managers at the same time. They asked me SEVERAL questions, very similar to the first interview but more in depth. I could not read them very well and it was very intense but I answered all of the questions as best as possible. They explained more of what the job actual entailed and were very up front about the good and the bad. They told me they would get back to me. I was there for a little over 2 hours. I didn't get their cards so I did not send a follow-up email but I received a call two days later to set up the third interview. After the second interview, I felt much more relaxed because I'm sure they wouldn't send you to a third interview with the regional manager if they didn't feel confident that you were a good candidate.

The third interview was with the regional manager. He was very welcoming and made me very comfortable. He asked maybe only 1 interview-type questions. I assume he knew that I'd already been asked those questions already. He seemed to want to know who I really am and whether I would be a good fit for the company. Furthermore, he really wanted to make sure I was in it for the long haul. I answered him genuinely and showed my interest. He stopped at about 30 minutes and told me, he thought I would do well and offered me the position. I accepted and sent him and the HR manager thank you emails.

The interview process was very intense and took two weeks from beginning to end and everyone was very kind but straightforward. I didn't experience any intimidation tactics or mind games. Just be confident, do your research, anticipate questions, eye contact, show interest, speak clearly and relax!

No negotiation.