Enterprise Rent-A-Car Sales Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Milford, CT) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a 3 step interview process. I got through all of them. On the final interview was where they really drill you to make sure you are ready to start your career here. The 3rd and final interview was with 2 of the senior executives and they played 'good cop' 'bad cop' meaning one was super nice while the other one was drilling you with questions. just be confident and convincing that you really want the job. i didn't really want it too much i just needed to find something so they probably saw that.

Interview Questions

• if you can describe yourself in one word, what would it be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Bowie, MD) in October 2010.

Interview

I was called to interview in Maryland. I was given the opportunity to meet with the HR department. I felt over qualified immediately. Odd interview and confused as who they wanted!

Interview Questions

• Questions were out of line. I felt lost several time. There was little to no communication with the rep. Many women walking around and looking busy. They deliberately left me hanging in my words and I was very upset and disappointed in their interview process.   1 Answer

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2013.

Interview

It was a three step interview that was a complete waste of time. I got all the way to the third interview and didnt get the job. Plus they made me learn about the internship and what it entails and what i would be doing before the second interview. Long story short they basically inserted me into rotation before they even decided whether they would hire me or not.

Interview Questions

• The guy asked me that if im a hotel manager i have to persuade his family to accept a more luxurious hotel room for more money. I havent stayed at much hotels so as this seems like an easy question i was stuck.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

I was contacted out of the blue about the trainee opportunity. I had an interview 25 miles away at their division office. The person who interviewed me was very infuriating. She kept on interrupting me when I was answering her questions in the beginning, so throughout the rest of the interview I had to pause to make sure she would let me finish, because she kept trying to gave me that look like she was about to cut me off again. The worst interview I have ever had to endure. I guess she did not like me because she "decided to go with another person". The worst part was that she told me I would be working around 50-60 hours a week at thirteen dollars an hour. Also, she wanted to make sure I was willing to wash cars in a suit. I already make about twenty dollars an hour and work an average of 37 hours a week. So, taking this job would be a big step down.

Interview Questions

• Nothing she asked was particularly surprising. I was well prepared for the interview, and had an answer for everything she threw at me. That is, whenever she let me finish.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2014.

Interview

The talent acquisition manager is great in getting in touch with you. Guides you through all the steps of the interview process. Answered all my questions very clearly and promptly. Once you pass the phone interview the net step is meeting the Area Rental Manager. At this point be ready to be grilled by a professional who is looking for a leader for his team. If you pass this step then you meet the Regional VP, who will make sure that the Area Manager's interview was worth it. You are set if you stay calm and be yourself. Do not try to be a hero, They Will See Through You.

Interview Questions

• Not too difficult but extremely important: "How have you gone above and beyond to extremely satisfy your customer?"   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Very thorough process consisting of 3 rounds of interviews. many of the questions are redundant but I think what they're really looking for is consistency and personality. The second round is the most rigorous consisting mostly of situational questions, "tell me about a time when..." they're looking for very specific examples so make sure you come prepared with lots of details.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years? 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What are the 3 most important factors you are looking for in a career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

I applied for the sales management trainee position. I received an email to set up a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview is just basic questions about your driving record and experience, and mostly explaining the position, hours and salary. They will stress the fact that you are expected to work at least 48 hours a week. The first in-person interview was with human resources. She was very pleasant and made the interview go very well. She asked a lot of questions about how I would react to specific situations and wanted to get a general view of how well I could think critically and communicate. The interview lasted an hour. I did a lot of research on the company and wrote answers to several questions, so that I would have something to reference. In order to make it more natural, speak slowly, eye contact, and allow yourself some pauses so that it doesn't sound like you're reading off the answers you typed the night before. I could tell she was happy with the answers that I gave because she would smile and reiterate the points I hit on the nail. In the end, she explained the management trainee track and invited me to do a second interview. I called her back that day to let her know I wanted to move forward and sent a thank you email. At the second interview, I went to the actual branch I would be working. I met with the area manager and branch manager. The branch manager asked me some questions and took me around. I met all of the employees and had a brief conversation with one of the them. Then, I was taken to the office where I was interviewed by both managers at the same time. They asked me SEVERAL questions, very similar to the first interview but more in depth. I could not read them very well and it was very intense but I answered all of the questions as best as possible. They explained more of what the job actual entailed and were very up front about the good and the bad. They told me they would get back to me. I was there for a little over 2 hours. I didn't get their cards so I did not send a follow-up email but I received a call two days later to set up the third interview. After the second interview, I felt much more relaxed because I'm sure they wouldn't send you to a third interview with the regional manager if they didn't feel confident that you were a good candidate. The third interview was with the regional manager. He was very welcoming and made me very comfortable. He asked maybe only 1 interview-type questions. I assume he knew that I'd already been asked those questions already. He seemed to want to know who I really am and whether I would be a good fit for the company. Furthermore, he really wanted to make sure I was in it for the long haul. I answered him genuinely and showed my interest. He stopped at about 30 minutes and told me, he thought I would do well and offered me the position. I accepted and sent him and the HR manager thank you emails. The interview process was very intense and took two weeks from beginning to end and everyone was very kind but straightforward. I didn't experience any intimidation tactics or mind games. Just be confident, do your research, anticipate questions, eye contact, show interest, speak clearly and relax!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Columbia, SC) in January 2011.

Interview

Met recruiter at college career fair. Filled out an application online. Application was accepted and an interview was scheduled. Interview was based mainly on behavioral questions. Entire process was very structured, and the recruiter was very honest when it came to answering questions pertaining to the job, benefits, opportunities for advancement, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was one time that you overcame a difficult work situation and how?   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

Interview Starts with a brief phone interview. I was then invited to an open house where I interviewed with 2 employees. Then I was invited to shadow a branch for an hour, which was followed by another interview. Finally, I was invited in for a third and final interview.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

1 phone interview which was about 15 minutes long. If you make it past that interview there is a second interview that is with the talent acquisition manager and that is about an hour long. If you make it past that one there is a 3rd interview at your local branch and that is with the district manager. Then, if you make it past that one there is a 4th interview and that is with the regional manager. All interviews minus the phone interview were an hour long. They ask a lot of questions and encourage that you do the same.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer