Enterprise Rent-A-Car Sales Management Trainee Interview Questions

3.1

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

I did three interviews and I really actually like the company. Compensation was way too low. Guy that worked there came up to me and said he made 60k after ten years. It was hard not to laugh

Interview Questions

Low compensation and impossible to interview for other jobs while working 9-7 daily.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Took a total of 3 weeks. Did a phone interview then got a call back for a face to face interview. About a week later i received a call saying they are going to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you missed a deadline and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hackensack, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Phone Interview - 15-20 minutes asking basic qualifications questions (driving history, bachelors degree, what attracted you to the company, etc.) followed by questions asking for specific examples of times you've handled difficult customers or gone the extra mile for a customer, times you're successfully made sales or been persuasive, times you've taken a leadership role or motivated others, what you liked and disliked about prior jobs, etc. Key is to be specific - don't say "I did that every day" and then discuss a generic job function - tell a story that you can brag about.

1st Face to Face Interview - Meeting with a company recruiter. Usually fairly laid back and casual, but still professional. Similar questions as on the phone, but in more detail. Candidates should be prepared to tell stories and share specific examples of times they have dealt with certain situations. Dress professionally, arrive early, display enthusiasm, ask questions.

2nd Face to Face Interview - Often in a branch location with an Area Manager and maybe a Branch or Assistant Manager. Similar to the first face to face interview (may even hear some of the exact same questions) because the 1st interviewer doesn't share the specific answers you gave from the 1st interview. They will be measuring your ability to impact their business and your long term desire to be successful and promotable. They want to know that they are bringing on someone with a long-term, big picture focus, someone who wants to be an MT. If you tell them that you just want a job or that you want the job because "cops and teachers aren't hiring" or because you need to pay for law school, that won't end well. It's important to understand - they are seeking career-focused people.

Branch Observation - either after the 1st or the 2nd interview. Gives the job seeker a chance to see "a day in the life" of an employee for an hour or two. Ask lots of questions, interact with the entire team (and even make small talk with the customers) and don't just sit back and watch.

3rd Face to Face Interview - back at the HQ with a higher up manager, like a Vice President or a Regional Manager. Important to explain what attracted you to the company and sell them on why you will be a great fit. Ask lots of questions, especially about long-term opportunity, mentorship, training, etc.

While all this occurs, the recruiter will run background checks on you. It's important at every turn to 1) be honest, and 2) be specific.

Interview Questions
    • What are your greatest weaknesses?
      What would your last supervisor say they'd like to see you improve at?
      What was the best peice of criticism you received?
      Give me an example of a time you failed at something.
      What are your biggest concerns about this job?
        Answer Question
    Cut and dry - everyone starts off equal, so there isn't a real negotiation. It's like a board game - everyone starts off at "start" but how far they go and how quickly they get there depends on them and their performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bowie, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2010.

I was called to interview in Maryland. I was given the opportunity to meet with the HR department. I felt over qualified immediately. Odd interview and confused as who they wanted!

Interview Questions
    • Questions were out of line. I felt lost several time. There was little to no communication with the rep. Many women walking around and looking busy. They deliberately left me hanging in my words and I was very upset and disappointed in their interview process.   View Answer

Sales Management Trainee Interview

initial phone interview, second phone interview, in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Mostly just asked about me and my previous sales experience   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I got an interview request via email. We set the details up in a week's time because the representative was not returning my calls or emails. I was asked to show up in a suit. I thought I interviewed well, as I did not have any blank or unconfident moments. I noticed I was not an attractive candidate five minutes into the interview. The interviewer stared at me from head to toe with a poker face and little note taking. I tried to smile throughout my time with her and engage in small talk before and after the interview...awkward silences ensued. The interview ended with her description of the job as a 'competitive' opportunity because everyone wants to do sales and once in, employees focus on getting the highest sales.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been given a sales quota or goal to meet in your previous experiences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oshkosh, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

3 total interview--Phone interview with HR, then 2nd interview with Branch Mgr and Area Mgr, then last interview with VP Regional Mgr at headquarters. Fairly simple questions, a lot of customer service questions and sales. They like upbeat, eager, hungry, and motivated people who want to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty simple. A lot of customer service questions and how to deal with difficult customer, How would you go about selling an item or service, basic stuff.   Answer Question
    None. Already had set salary for entry level position.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I was contacted out of the blue about the trainee opportunity. I had an interview 25 miles away at their division office. The person who interviewed me was very infuriating. She kept on interrupting me when I was answering her questions in the beginning, so throughout the rest of the interview I had to pause to make sure she would let me finish, because she kept trying to gave me that look like she was about to cut me off again. The worst interview I have ever had to endure. I guess she did not like me because she "decided to go with another person". The worst part was that she told me I would be working around 50-60 hours a week at thirteen dollars an hour. Also, she wanted to make sure I was willing to wash cars in a suit. I already make about twenty dollars an hour and work an average of 37 hours a week. So, taking this job would be a big step down.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing she asked was particularly surprising. I was well prepared for the interview, and had an answer for everything she threw at me. That is, whenever she let me finish.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2013.

It was a three step interview that was a complete waste of time. I got all the way to the third interview and didnt get the job. Plus they made me learn about the internship and what it entails and what i would be doing before the second interview. Long story short they basically inserted me into rotation before they even decided whether they would hire me or not.

Interview Questions
    • The guy asked me that if im a hotel manager i have to persuade his family to accept a more luxurious hotel room for more money. I havent stayed at much hotels so as this seems like an easy question i was stuck.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The interview process started off with a phone interview and was then called in for a one on one. The interviewer was somewhat sarcastic and the total interview lasted 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were related to sales which I have no experience in, but they kept asking like I would change my mind.   Answer Question